Dahab Hostel Reviews

26 Mahmoud Bassiouny St., Cairo, Egypt

Great place to stay, the location is great for the egyptian museum (2 mins away) and it was an easy walk to the old part of Cairo as well as being close to cafes. Unfortunately the nearest metro station is closed but its not too far from the main train station (walkable in about 10-15 mins). Special mention to the top guy at the reception who spent most of his time desperately trying to keep warm in the 20 degree heat - he was very helpful and made for a good stay.w

Very friendly and helpful staff. They were very accommodating when we requested another room for our daughter. Gave us plenty of tips and information. A very unique hostel on top of the roof. Enjoyed our stay.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was excellent. They were very knowledgeable of local sites, prices, transport etc., and very willing to share that knowledge.

• 8th Dec 2014

For a man in egypt doing the usual thing perfect location and brilliant contacts with other travelers to be made. On egypt hostel standart pretty high - top ten for shure. The only thing is the missing locker for tickets, passport and so on, but it was secure to leave it in the room. Service with picking up at the airport was brilliant and each time on time. Get a big suitcase with you because you can go brilliant shopping in the area - down town for shure. Egyptian museum pretty close !!!!

We stayed there only for one night and not for the 4 nights we were planning to stay. The lock in our room didn´t work very good, the cold air entered the room through crake under the door, we were freezing. Blankets looked as they hand´t washed them for years and smelled terrible. Bathroom was dirty. Breakfast not included. Common area was open and very cold. Staff was not helpful, they didn´t know the cost of the entrance to the touristic areas, they were only interested in selling their tours

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Costa Rica

I didn't even bother to look into hostels in Cairo, since everyone I met (travellers AND locals) in Sinai was talking about how great this hostel was. It turns out to be true! staff is very helpful, price is excellent, rooms are very clean, the showers actually have hot water, wifi was ok for checking mails and basic things and the roof terrace is very inviting.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Dahab Hostel is a place where the staff made me feel like at home. Extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about how to travel in Egypt. Everyone in the staff starting with the owner Kareem and the rest the of the front desk guys are open minded, responsible and reliable when it comes to booking trips in Egypt. I want to particularly thank Ahmad, Mahmud and Ahmed Assem my driver and companion in Cairo for making my visit in Egypt one of the best of all my travels around the world.

Not much to say. It's good value for money. Internet service is very bad, very poor coverage, you can only use it in the reception and can only connect ONE device at the time which is not good. Staff is quite helpful. I guess you can't ask for much more for the price. But they could deffo improve their internet service.

Fantastic location, great staff and plenty of cats! (which is always a good thing)

• 16th Oct 2014

A very cozy place in the hub of Cairo. Very friendly and helpful staff, who gave us lots of tips and ideas on planning our days there. We liked the place so much that we cancelled a booking in another place and stayed here once we returned to Cairo from Luxor.

You should take care more about insects

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Slovakia

great location, very central and the staff is very friendly.. if you need help ask Ahmed for anything and he will go out of his way to help.

It was alright. It was fine just to be passing through. The lock on our door didn't work properly and I got locked out of the room when I had to use the toilet late in the night. Staff was friendly and helpful, the drivers for the hostel being the best staff experience. Overall it was fine, don't know if I would return.

there is cold water in the shower and the bed I slept is very old and uncomfortable

When i was e mailing the hostel about tours i was quoted 200 EGP but when i arrived i had to pay 250 EGP. Not a good start. On my tour we did not do all the things mentioned would happen and it was not clear that i was only paying for a guy to drive me around and i still have to pay x amount for the actual things i was doing on the tour. Plus i was taken to places so i could be sold things which was terrible and that whole day ruined my holiday.

• 18th Sep 2014

The hostel is okay. Definitely you can relax on the many open spaces that they have surrounding by plants and flowers. I did not like that the staff really want to sell the tours. They must get big commissions for that. They misunderstand the guests needs to make sales and argum with them about it. That is not professional. I am a sales person and never treat the customer like they did, just to sell something.

Perfect location, incredible helpful staff! :) And always nice guest there!

This Hostel was recommend to be me by a friend of mine. At first the price was the convincing part. When I arrived at the Hostel I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the polite staff. They where very kind and had always a good advice for visiting places. You can reach everything very easy by taxi and metro. The rooms are comfortable and clean. One of the most helpful and friendly guy who was working here was Mustafa. We had a lot of fun and loughed a lot! ;). ThX to Ahmed and Mahmud!

• 2nd Sep 2014

It is really really a nice location - above the roofs of Downtown Cairo. The atmosphere is greate - specially for people with a backpacker background. Only the wet-facilities could be maintained a bit better.

• 29th Aug 2014

Dahab hostel is on the roof top of a building in downton Cairo. It is a fantastic location and the view over downtown is amazing. The rooms – I had a single room with a private bathroom – are clean and well-maintained. The staff speaks English and helps with everything you need, especially Mahmoud. I had to run an errand and he accompanied me until we found what I needed. The prices for the rooms are reasonable and it really is worth it. I definitely will stay there again during my next visit.

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks a lot for your positive review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, until next time :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7