Dahab Hostel Reviews

26 Mahmoud Bassiouny St., Cairo, Egypt

Very unhelpful staff. They tried to sell us expensive tours on a few occasions (when we arrived, when we asked for assistance booking a cheap train, when we asked for directions to the metro..). We also had an issue with the laundry service and the staff member was rude, and refused to compensate us in any way. The hostel is generally okay and is cheap, but I wouldn't stay here again due to the staff attitude.

Rooms basic, clean. Wifi great. Bathroom cleaned 4 times a day. Staff helpful if ur trying to save money by doing DIY stuff. Helped us plan plan DIY walks around Coptic & Islamic Cairo. staff also honest - I dropped a 10LE note in the lobby & didn't realize it til staff member Yusuf came to my door & asked me if I dropped something, then gave me the 10 LE note back. how many other hostels would this happen at? hostel has good prices for white/black deserts & pyramids transport.

This place is perfect for backpackers exploring Cairo. Located in downtown (a cool part of Cairo) 2 mins from the Egyptian museum loads of food places near by. Walk out the door, turn right and there is a shop that sells beer on the next corner which are hard to come by in Egypt. The staff are really helpful if you need advice on what to do and, how to do it, in Cairo. They sorted us a great driver to take us to sakara and Giza at a good price. Highly recommend visiting Cairo and stay at Dahab!

• 15th Jan 2015

Great place to have rest on the tarase and perfect location to visit the city!

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Poland

We stayed in Dahab hostel for five days and it was our oasis in Kairo. The staff, especially Yusuf, Machmoud and Hassan, are doing their job excellent. They are always friendly,good-humoured and they help with all problems and questions you have. Same with the two owners of Dahab hostel. You feel very welcome and secure there. I would always go back there and recommend to any other travellers. Best wishes Finn and Iris

• 16th Dec 2014

Place with special charme. Friedly helpful staff. Outside facilities excellent. Rooms a little poor.

• 16th Dec 2014

Great place to stay, the location is great for the egyptian museum (2 mins away) and it was an easy walk to the old part of Cairo as well as being close to cafes. Unfortunately the nearest metro station is closed but its not too far from the main train station (walkable in about 10-15 mins). Special mention to the top guy at the reception who spent most of his time desperately trying to keep warm in the 20 degree heat - he was very helpful and made for a good stay.w

Very friendly and helpful staff. They were very accommodating when we requested another room for our daughter. Gave us plenty of tips and information. A very unique hostel on top of the roof. Enjoyed our stay.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was excellent. They were very knowledgeable of local sites, prices, transport etc., and very willing to share that knowledge.

• 8th Dec 2014

For a man in egypt doing the usual thing perfect location and brilliant contacts with other travelers to be made. On egypt hostel standart pretty high - top ten for shure. The only thing is the missing locker for tickets, passport and so on, but it was secure to leave it in the room. Service with picking up at the airport was brilliant and each time on time. Get a big suitcase with you because you can go brilliant shopping in the area - down town for shure. Egyptian museum pretty close !!!!

We stayed there only for one night and not for the 4 nights we were planning to stay. The lock in our room didn´t work very good, the cold air entered the room through crake under the door, we were freezing. Blankets looked as they hand´t washed them for years and smelled terrible. Bathroom was dirty. Breakfast not included. Common area was open and very cold. Staff was not helpful, they didn´t know the cost of the entrance to the touristic areas, they were only interested in selling their tours

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Costa Rica

I didn't even bother to look into hostels in Cairo, since everyone I met (travellers AND locals) in Sinai was talking about how great this hostel was. It turns out to be true! staff is very helpful, price is excellent, rooms are very clean, the showers actually have hot water, wifi was ok for checking mails and basic things and the roof terrace is very inviting.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Dahab Hostel is a place where the staff made me feel like at home. Extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about how to travel in Egypt. Everyone in the staff starting with the owner Kareem and the rest the of the front desk guys are open minded, responsible and reliable when it comes to booking trips in Egypt. I want to particularly thank Ahmad, Mahmud and Ahmed Assem my driver and companion in Cairo for making my visit in Egypt one of the best of all my travels around the world.

Not much to say. It's good value for money. Internet service is very bad, very poor coverage, you can only use it in the reception and can only connect ONE device at the time which is not good. Staff is quite helpful. I guess you can't ask for much more for the price. But they could deffo improve their internet service.

Fantastic location, great staff and plenty of cats! (which is always a good thing)

• 16th Oct 2014

A very cozy place in the hub of Cairo. Very friendly and helpful staff, who gave us lots of tips and ideas on planning our days there. We liked the place so much that we cancelled a booking in another place and stayed here once we returned to Cairo from Luxor.

You should take care more about insects

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Slovakia

great location, very central and the staff is very friendly.. if you need help ask Ahmed for anything and he will go out of his way to help.

It was alright. It was fine just to be passing through. The lock on our door didn't work properly and I got locked out of the room when I had to use the toilet late in the night. Staff was friendly and helpful, the drivers for the hostel being the best staff experience. Overall it was fine, don't know if I would return.

there is cold water in the shower and the bed I slept is very old and uncomfortable

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7