Dahab Hostel Reviews

26 Mahmoud Bassiouny St., Cairo, Egypt

The hostel is in a great location, dorms are ok, all what you need, a good shower and good bed. One of the problems is that the elevator just has one button in the first floor, since the hostel is on floor number 7th, we need to have lucky that somebody lift him up... Anyway, to go up is always ok, but to go down sometime you need to walk.. Thanks!

• 11th Mar 2014

Thanks a lot for your review! Our building like other downtown buildings is old architecture, our neighbors and us decided to decrease the load on the elevator by making it go one way "up" and going down the stairs is not so bad at the end of the day, look at it as a sport obligation

This beautiful rooftop is truely an oasis in the heart of the busy city center. The Egyptian Museum and Tahir Sq are just around the corner.

besides it was missing hot water in one of the shared bathrooms, everthing else was ok.

A very good hostel right in the middle of town, just a coue of minutes walk from the Egyptian museum. Easy to meet fellow travels and team up to share costs (eg on trips to pyramids, saqqara etc)

Dear, thanks for your review and the advice to fellow travelers ;)

I had a great stay with them. The courtyard is brilliant, providing a great place to relax and socialise with other travellers. The location is great. Dahab hostel should be getting attention as an excellent choice in Cairo.

Dear, thanks a lot for your nice words, we hope to see you again in the near future :)

We spent four nice days in the hostel. Situated in a big terrace the place is suggestive, in the center of the town. Like living in a garden you forget for a while to be in a big and chaotic city. We had good conversations with the other guests and with the personal of the structure. People working there were helpful and willing. We absolutely suggest to stay in Dahab hostel to all who arrive in Cairo.

Dear, a big "Thanks!" to you. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again in Cairo very soon.

Apart from the excellent location the atmosphere at this place is fantastic!! The staff is so friendly and very helpful, you feel home being here with them and coming in contact with other travelers. The roof terraces are so cozy to just relax while sunbathing in a very friendly place and, that in the heart of Cairo. I liked it very much and I've already been back again. I will definitely recommend this place to others specially to solo travelers. Thanks guys !

Dear, we are so glad to have customers like you! we will always be happy to have again as a guest. Thank you for your nice review.

Dahab hostel was one of my best experiences during my journey in Egypt. I couldn’t have found a better place to say. Not only does it have the best prices, but the hostel is just wonderful. The rooms are located on the last floor of a building in downtown Egypt. Therefore, you can just walk out of your room and enjoy the sky and fresh air. It is really clean and beautiful with many plants. The staff members were very friendly, willing to help and coordinated the best trips for me. Thanks much!

Perfect place for backpackers. Simple but clean rooms. Great location and the best thing of all - very nice staff. P.s. Cairo is safe today as it was during Mubarak. No need to worry.

It was freezing cold in this hostel and there was no accomodation of extra balnkets

Egypt have noticed exceptionally cold weather in the past 100 years. Unfortunately it was during your stay at our hostel. We apologize for the inconvenience, we hope you enjoy your stay next time you visit Egypt.

Dahab was a nice stop for me in Cairo. Its close to the museum, Citadel and tower and right in the hustle and bustle of downtown. It's not easy to find being on top of a seven story rise, but its arrangement is good. Atmosphere was pleasant with real and genuine travellers; the staff and (especially Mahmoud) were in the know and the nicest guys :) Tight cosy rooms and above all safe!. One word of advice Please, if your coming from the airport take a taxi thru Dahab to save getting ripped off!

Great place to stay! Right in the middle of downtown. Staff was very friendly and worked hard to everyone happy

We were pleased to have you in Dahab hostel. We are waiting for your next visit.

Excellent hostel and very very clean throughout. Zaher, the manager was extremely helpful and the location was within 5 minutes to the main Gemmayzeh street.

It is a very lovely place. I was sorprice of hight profesionality of the staff! I will come back again to this nice place and I will recomand to anyone who will go to Cairo.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Czech Republic

Dear Pavla, your comment is deeply appreciated! We are very happy to receive you again as our guest.

Overall, this is a good hostel. The location is great, right in the center of Cairo, close to shops and a 5-10 LE taxi drive to Khan al-Khalili. The outdoor areas could use some cleaning up/updating, but otherwise, the hostel is enjoyable and unique.

Dahab Hostel was just great! Especially, I was at the Hotel from 27/06 to 30/06. The situation in the streets of Cairo was already quite uncertain and the managers always told us how to proceed, if it was safe to go out, where we should go, if we want to go. Also, this was the fullest hotel I saw during my two weeks stay in Egypt, meaning that quality IS there and that, if you travel alone, you can meet people. Other hotels were completely empty. Thanks Dahab for this great experience!!

• 27th Jun 2013

It is a comfortable place with nice staff.

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

unfortunatelt circumstances changes and i had to cancell my booking at the last second, the guys were great and understanding and did not charge any fees for the cancellation

Dahab hostel is probably the best value for your money in Cairo. It was a really easy going atmosphere and all the common spaces were cleaned top to bottom daily making the shared bathrooms and showers some of the nicest I've seen in Egypt. While I'm not a huge fan of downtown Egypt (too busy for me) I would definitely return and recommend this hostel to everyone I come across. Thanks so much for the comfortable stay! I don't think it can be beat for value for money.

• 7th Jun 2013

Great location for Cairo. It's a rooftop oasis that you increasingly appreciate as your stay progresses. It clean, friendly and value for money. It's the perfect way to escape the heat, dust and clamour of the streets, gather yourself before setting out again. It's superbly located downtown and the staff have recommendations for visits, food and travel. Highly recommend. Only criticism is the beds could do with an update.

• 15th May 2013