Dahab Hostel Reviews

26 Mahmoud Bassiouny St., Cairo, Egypt

Pretty average place, but probably the best around for the price.

This is a good choice for your budget. But I don't know why there are lots of annoying flies here. Also, there's no air conditioner in my room, which was a big deal for me in the hot summer in Cairo.

Thank you for your comment, we have rooms with A/C for different prices, We are sorry for the flies, we have their traps set all over the hostel but it doesn't catch them all. We will improve our solutions with this issue, Thanks for highlighting :)

Good location. Rooftop terrace is nice and hot showers. Place is a little run down. Staff try and push their expensive tours a fair bit.

Thank you for your comment, we will take these issues into our consideration. Hopefully your, next visit you will find a noticeable difference.

The problem that I had with them was when I wanted to do the picking up from the airport, I did by them website, and then sent them some emails (no replies), for sure when I arrived at the airport no one was waiting for me, so I had to took a taxi by my self. In general is in fact a Oasis in the middle of this hotest City. Pretty good basic stuff in there. Is good for the money that you paid.

Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry for the pickup inconvenience, it was on a very short notice, usually its preferable to book it at least two nights earlier and cancellation is one night earlier than arrival. Next time this won't happen again :)

I had an amazing time at Dahab hostel, it had the perfect atmosphere for a laid back vacation. The staff were super helpful and super friendly. Imiss everyone already. As a solo female traveler I never felt security there was a problem. They also arranged my airport pickup and drop off and it was pretty reasonable. I will definitely stay there again and I would recommend staying there to anyone. ^_^

Thank you very much for your beautiful review, We enjoyed your stay with us and all the music played that you sang with your beautiful voice :) We are waiting for your next visit.

One of the best place to stay in Egypt right in the city centre and next to the National museum. Staff is very helpful. Hostel is located on amazing rooftop where we spend so much nice time!

Thank you very much for your beautiful review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us :)

The hostel was unreal based in the middle of Cairo! Easy access to everywhere the staff were amazing they sorted out all the trips and helped with local information! One of the best I've been to will definitely return!

Thank you very much for your review. You are a cool guy and we're waiting for your next visit :)

Great place - the rooftop location gives you air to breathe, and lots of space to hang out either with others or by yourself (we were travelling with school age kids, and it worked out nicely for them, too). Our room and private bathroom was clean, always hot water. Staff were very helpful and reliable to organize train tickets (at a cost, but that's ok), even though initially it seemed that everything was sold out for the day we wanted to travel. We'd go back any time!

Thank you for your review, we enjoyed your stay with your family, we are waiting for your next visit :)

I booked the room with the deposit but when I arrived they had given away my room. They moved me from the single I booked to a double with another person whose reservation they didn't hold. However we could not enter the room until 11 in the evening! When I went to pay for the room the next day they wanted to charge me more for having a more expensive room- which I refused to pay! The wifi worked poorly.

You were upgraded to a better room without extra costs, the extra charge was a 1.5 EGP calculation mistake. We know guests like you very well, who act unsatisfied to get a free stay or a big discount. We have the highest internet possible speed Egypt, It was slow cause you were downloading stuff from illegal torrents.

The Hostel was really good. The Staff, exept of the woman in the kitchen, was so nice and very helpful. They help guests to get the train tickets and we even booked the tour to the white desert. It was amazing. You can ask them for anything and they will gladly help you. We loved to hang out in the hostel, and to talk to all the people there. Best place to stay in Cairo!!!!

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you loved the place. Sorry for the lady, Excuse her English misunderstanding. Sometimes she appears to be rude because of that but she's really nice. We apologize again and we hope to see you again in your next visit :)

A very nice, friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Facility n rooftop deck great to relax n watch the sunset. Had a very enjoyable stay n will go there again on my way flying out of Cairo.

• 4th Mar 2015

DAHAB Hostel is still the best deal in the city center of Cairo. You have to live with some downsides but he staff is excellent and very helpfull! I will stay there again, for sure!

Located in Downtown the hostel is close to the Egyptian Museum, and there are many shops, cafés and restraunts in this area. The staff is very kind, helpful, and well-informed about the sights in Cairo. The hostel offers tours with private driver at a good price and of good quality. The roof top terrace is very nice which compensates for the small rooms. The rooms and facilities are basic but pretty clean - except for the woollen blankets and rugs that are old and smelly.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

I really enjoy to stay at Dahab Hostel,

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Very unhelpful staff. They tried to sell us expensive tours on a few occasions (when we arrived, when we asked for assistance booking a cheap train, when we asked for directions to the metro..). We also had an issue with the laundry service and the staff member was rude, and refused to compensate us in any way. The hostel is generally okay and is cheap, but I wouldn't stay here again due to the staff attitude.

My friend and I stayed for only 2 nights and on alternate days. The hotel's location is perfect as it's near to the metro (10 minutes walk), the railway station (20 mins walk) and other amenities that you might need (the liquor store (Luxor) is just next door). The staff, was wonderful and really helpful. Tour packages and other services they provide are also very affordable!

Rooms basic, clean. Wifi great. Bathroom cleaned 4 times a day. Staff helpful if ur trying to save money by doing DIY stuff. Helped us plan plan DIY walks around Coptic & Islamic Cairo. staff also honest - I dropped a 10LE note in the lobby & didn't realize it til staff member Yusuf came to my door & asked me if I dropped something, then gave me the 10 LE note back. how many other hostels would this happen at? hostel has good prices for white/black deserts & pyramids transport.

This place is perfect for backpackers exploring Cairo. Located in downtown (a cool part of Cairo) 2 mins from the Egyptian museum loads of food places near by. Walk out the door, turn right and there is a shop that sells beer on the next corner which are hard to come by in Egypt. The staff are really helpful if you need advice on what to do and, how to do it, in Cairo. They sorted us a great driver to take us to sakara and Giza at a good price. Highly recommend visiting Cairo and stay at Dahab!

The extension of my stay in Cairo, from 3 to 10 days, is a true testament to how great this hostel is. Airport pickup was great. Location is perfect. The clean, open, and spacious layout and roof terrace is crucial for relaxing after whatever adventures Cairo had for you. I was a bit hesitant before traveling to Egypt, but felt incredibly safe with the A+ staff looking out for me. Kareem and his guitar fostered an unbeatable sense of community, making it hard to leave my new Cairo family.

Great place to have rest on the tarase and perfect location to visit the city!

• 17th Dec 2014