Daibutsu Ryokan Reviews

75 Daibutsu-machi, Takaoka City, Takaoka City, Toyama Pref, Japan

Daibutsu Buddha is right there! Location is close to station, convenience stores, and a few restaurants. Hostel is spotless clean and rooms are beautiful. If you would like to experience a traditional quiet Japanese stay I reccommend this place. Although the staff speak very little English. They were extremely welcoming, kind and warm. The owner even took my picture and emailed them as a remembrance.

This was a great place to stay! We used it as our home base for getting to the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route and it worked really well as a quiet and relaxing place to stay. Peaceful Japanese style rooms and small onsen for the evening. Would stay again and hope to return!

Daibutsu Ryokan allowed me to experience a Ryokan, on a hostel budget. I enjoyed sleeping on tatami floors with a futon. Patio doors opened on to a Japanese garden. Green tea had been prepared in a thermos and was ready for pouring. There was also a large screen LED TV in my room. Toilets and washing facilities were not en-suite though a spa type bath was also available to guests along with the showers. WiFi was included as well as a computer to access the web.