Daikoku Hostel Reviews

1-2-3. Daikoku, Naniwa -ku, Osaka, Osaka, Japan

We stayed one night. It was clean, staff was friendly with quite limited English, close to transit to downtown but immediate area was poor. We found another tenant locked out of the hostel because she was never given the code. Its fine in a pinch but we think there are better places in Osaka.

A very nice experience. Nothing left to desire.

The owner is great, his English is'nt great, but neither was my japanese, but his was very helpful and happy. Very good common room too. And your right by the subway so getting into town is easy.

Owner is super lovely! He really tried his hardest to help you with every thing! The hostel is quite small, but it's Japan! Great place to chill and hang back after a long day!

It is located conveniently to 2 stations- one including the JR. Walkable to the city area. Clean and has a lounge to relax in. Slightly cozy and limited space to store luggage especially when a dorm is full. Two showers down the ground floor to share and does not have any lifts, tight squeezes with larger luggages. The bed conveniently has lights, chargers and curtains for privacy.

Manager is a kind and funny man. Great and relaxing common space for socializing. Although there are dorms, the curtains make it feel like your own private space which is nice. Everything is spotless clean. Great stay!

I actually was not able to stay here. I wanted to but I accidentally booked the wrong day. The manager was very kind and let me cancel and even helped me find another place last minute on a Saturday night! The placed looked clean and I booked it originally because of it's close location to the main districts in osaka. The staff was so friendly, i wish I could have stayed there!

The place was so nice and clean with reasonable price. Although, it's dormitory type but it's comfortable. From the location, although it's not in the popular area for sightseeing but it's near subway station, which is easy to go Namba, Umeda, Shinsekai Area, or even other regions like Kobe or Kyoto meanwhile I was able to sleep soundly without loud noise all around.

Great hostel, good top floor common area with a nice kitchen. Location was close to Namba and everything you need. A breath of fresh air after visiting China.

Really nice and helpful staff. Clean facilities and beds. Quite good location as convenience stores are nearby. Prices are also reasonable.

How wonderful hosterl it was! you will never ever regret! I was really satisfied because of nice staff, exellently organized and clean dorm. The price is pretty reasonable. I strongly recommend!

• 24th May 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is a bit on the quiet side, but the manager is very nice and helpful and the common room at the top is very good for chilling out, reading, watching movies.

Some people have this place a really hard time, aside from there being only 2 showers for 16 beds I never had a problem getting a shower when I wanted one. The guy here is a champion! So polite, friendly and so willing to help! His English is not great but he sat and helped me for half an hour to book a hostel when I didn't even ask. The rooms are tidy and actually cosy, common area is nice and open, and the position is easy! Only 50m from the closest subway station. I really enjoyed my stay!

Good location, 1 min away from the subway. Everything very nice and clean. The only problem is that there are just two dorms for each 8 people. Thus when you are solo traveling there might be not enough people to meet.

Top location, right at the subwaystop (one stop from Namba). Met some great People in the hostel and went out till the early morning. No problem sleeping in. Osaka is great for clubbing, this hostel a great place to start off.

Nice, quiet hostel. Enjoyed the experience, but I was only there for one night. I'd recommend it overall. The location was decent relative to other options so I just had a relaxed night.

This hostel was awesome. It's only one stop away on the Midosuji line from Namba and all of the action. It's right around the corner from the train station and in a quiet area. Keizo was extremely acxomodating and helpful. I will definitely stay at Daikoku when I return to Osaka!

The staff was super nice and let me leave my luggage there for a few extra days, which was a super huge help. Also very helpful in explaining where restaurants were and everything.

location is great, just one station from Namba and around 15 mins walk, also around 10 mins walk to Nankai express go to airport. Staff is very helpful, his English is not perfect but trying very hard to guide me to right direction when I walked to wrong way. And I stay in a 8 female dorm which only me live inside during two days which couldn't be better.

Very nice hostel, met lots of people, very nice common area and good beds :) I really enjoyed my time there! :) I would definitely go again there

« first « Prev 1 2 3