Daikoku Hostel Reviews

1-2-3. Daikoku, Naniwa -ku, Osaka, Osaka, Japan

the boss is sooooo nice! this is my best memory in japan when i lived in daikoku hostel:)

We only stayed one night, but it was great - the directions were very easy to follow, the location was in a quieter area but very close to a subway station and about 20 minutes walk from Namba if you don't want to take the train. The man running the front was very nice and added to the overall atmosphere of a safe and relaxed little hostel. It is not a big place and you will not have much space, but it was definitely one of the better hostels we stayed at on this trip.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Very friendly staff, the udon restaurant he recommends is superb, very clean place and spacious beds :) highly recommended!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Nice bunkbeds. Great beanbag pillow. Very nice common area connected to the roof top of the building. Washing machine on roof. No dryer, but possible to hang clothes in the roof. Calm area around hostel which is nice for sleeping. Area is 1 min from Subway and around 15-20 minutes from Namba (which is where you want to go). The host has limited english skills, but will help you any way he can. Very hood stay overall. Will stay again.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I stayed at Daikoku for 3 nights. It is conveniently located just one subway stop from the busy Namba district. The hostel is very clean and I met some fun people there. The staff was nice and very polite, and helpful in answering any questions.

We stayed one night. It was clean, staff was friendly with quite limited English, close to transit to downtown but immediate area was poor. We found another tenant locked out of the hostel because she was never given the code. Its fine in a pinch but we think there are better places in Osaka.

A very nice experience. Nothing left to desire.

The owner is great, his English is'nt great, but neither was my japanese, but his was very helpful and happy. Very good common room too. And your right by the subway so getting into town is easy.

Owner is super lovely! He really tried his hardest to help you with every thing! The hostel is quite small, but it's Japan! Great place to chill and hang back after a long day!

It is located conveniently to 2 stations- one including the JR. Walkable to the city area. Clean and has a lounge to relax in. Slightly cozy and limited space to store luggage especially when a dorm is full. Two showers down the ground floor to share and does not have any lifts, tight squeezes with larger luggages. The bed conveniently has lights, chargers and curtains for privacy.

Manager is a kind and funny man. Great and relaxing common space for socializing. Although there are dorms, the curtains make it feel like your own private space which is nice. Everything is spotless clean. Great stay!

I actually was not able to stay here. I wanted to but I accidentally booked the wrong day. The manager was very kind and let me cancel and even helped me find another place last minute on a Saturday night! The placed looked clean and I booked it originally because of it's close location to the main districts in osaka. The staff was so friendly, i wish I could have stayed there!

The place was so nice and clean with reasonable price. Although, it's dormitory type but it's comfortable. From the location, although it's not in the popular area for sightseeing but it's near subway station, which is easy to go Namba, Umeda, Shinsekai Area, or even other regions like Kobe or Kyoto meanwhile I was able to sleep soundly without loud noise all around.

Great hostel, good top floor common area with a nice kitchen. Location was close to Namba and everything you need. A breath of fresh air after visiting China.

Really nice and helpful staff. Clean facilities and beds. Quite good location as convenience stores are nearby. Prices are also reasonable.

How wonderful hosterl it was! you will never ever regret! I was really satisfied because of nice staff, exellently organized and clean dorm. The price is pretty reasonable. I strongly recommend!

• 24th May 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is a bit on the quiet side, but the manager is very nice and helpful and the common room at the top is very good for chilling out, reading, watching movies.

Some people have this place a really hard time, aside from there being only 2 showers for 16 beds I never had a problem getting a shower when I wanted one. The guy here is a champion! So polite, friendly and so willing to help! His English is not great but he sat and helped me for half an hour to book a hostel when I didn't even ask. The rooms are tidy and actually cosy, common area is nice and open, and the position is easy! Only 50m from the closest subway station. I really enjoyed my stay!

Good location, 1 min away from the subway. Everything very nice and clean. The only problem is that there are just two dorms for each 8 people. Thus when you are solo traveling there might be not enough people to meet.

Top location, right at the subwaystop (one stop from Namba). Met some great People in the hostel and went out till the early morning. No problem sleeping in. Osaka is great for clubbing, this hostel a great place to start off.

« first « Prev 1 2 3