Daikoku Hostel Reviews

1-2-3. Daikoku, Naniwa -ku, Osaka, Osaka, Japan

It is a very nice place to stay in Osaka with convenient location!

I stayed here since it was the cheapest hostel that was available ($28/month). There was nothing particularly special about it - beds, atmosphere, etc. was very average. The owner was rarely at the frontdesk, so in theory, anyone could have just walked in and gone upstairs to the rooms with beds. Everyone kept to themselves and there wasn't any noise. If you're on a budget and just need a place to sleep, then go for it - just don't expect more than that.

Location was great! The night I stayed was freezing cold and there wasn't anyone in the dorm so I requested for the heater to be turned on. But it takes time as I was on the other side of the room. The guy at the reception was really friendly to help me close all the windows and he later came up to ask if I needed extra blanket! How thoughtful. That blanket kept me throughout the night! One of the best nights I've slept in Osaka.

Great hostel, only a 5 minute train from Dotonbori, Shinsaibashi etc. The owner's cool, really friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself is clean and well-equipped.

Thostel exceeded my expectations. The moment I arrived I casually mentioned as I was checking in that I had lost my jr pass earlier in the day, Keizo, the owner immediately got on the phone and called the station. The hostel is immaculately clean, the bunks have their own privacy curtains and nightlights and there are bathrooms on every floor. The common space upstairs is awesome and a great place to unwind after a long day, there is a flat screen tv and english dvds. stay here, youll love it!

• 4th Apr 2014

Good place well situated close to the center. Staff friendly and helpful !

Extremely nice Location, very close to subway station nothing much around the hostel. Staff is very friendly. Wifi signal is good, there's hair dyer and toiletries in the shower room. only bad thing is the room is small, but the bed is comfy :)

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Thailand

Fantastic hostel, very very close to station and central Osaka. comfy beds and pillows!!! (not always the case in Japan). nice common room and roof top area. best part - the owner is very nice and helpful, he is very funny and friendly. I will definitely be returning !!!

I had a great stay at Daikoku! It is centrally located and it is very comfortable and clean. The boy at the reception is super friendly and very helpful. I will definitely stay there the next time I go to Osaka :-)

It's very nice and comfortable. And the hostel owner is friendly.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

Nice location and friendly staff! A lot of restaurant and convenient stores nearby still open till mid-night. Very convenient.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Facilities limited to basic dorm rooms and shared space with kitchen and tv, not so spacious but clean and equipped with all you may need to prepare meals. Clean bathrooms available on separate floor. Convenient location, very close to subway station. Staff was friendly and tried to be very helpful, however spoke very limited english.

Great stay - great atmosphere with top floor common area and rooftop open area! Makes it really easy to meet new people. The location and quality of hospitality make this worth the extra 2 bucks over competitor hostels. . . highly recommended!

Such a great location and friendly staff! Excellent place to stay!

• 22nd Jan 2014

The hostel is very close to an exit of the subway but me being me, I managed to completely pass it and get myself lost. The owner was very nice and helpful and he met me back at the subway exit and took me to hostel himself. Room was superclean. There is a lounge on the fourth floor where I met some cool people and chatted until midnight. A great place to stay. Would definitely stay again.

• 12th Jan 2014

This place is fantastic. The common room is amazing, lots of people being friendly and open. The beds are very comfortable, some of the best I experienced in Japan. The staff is very nice and willing to answer the same questions about tourism over and over again. They are also prepared with tons of little side trip suggestions, how to get to the different places, and how to use the very confusing transportation system. I will definitely be back!

The hostel was conveniently situated close to a subway station and Nanba train station. The rooms were 8 bed dormitories, they were really clean and comfortable. In the last floor there were the common room and the kitchen. Despite the kitchen was quite small it has everything needed to coock something quick. The only thing that surprised us was that the stairs were quite a mess, contrasting with the rest of the hostel. The staff, even if they don't speak too much English, was very helpful.