Daikoku Hostel Reviews

1-2-3. Daikoku, Naniwa -ku, Osaka, Osaka, Japan

I loved my stay here at Daikoku Hostel! Keizo, and Moe were fantastic hosts always greeting guests with a smile. My only problem is that the stairs are dangerously steep when you come home drunk from a dance club. If you do happen to fall down the stairs because you're a dumbass, the staff here will worry about you and bug you to go see a doctor. Which I should have done.

Only 2 other people was booked while I was there and I still couldn't get a bed for another night. There could easily have been a lot of people checking in that day, but there were at least 10-12 available beds that morning.

Nice place to stay,good location ,clean and the staff is also nice......Very helpful.I got no problem to recommence to other traveler to stay here.

Apart from the fact that there was no chance to lock the door to the dorm, everything was nice: clean showers (although there were only two) and rooms, good lounge area on the top floor, friendly and helpful staff, excellent location as the hostel was a minute-walk to the nearest tube station.

a very nice surprise. didnt really look forward to staying in this hostel at first but in the end it became our favourite. Superb location, wonderful staff. thanks for exchanging your new 1000 yen note for my torn one. let's sushi next time!!! [by the way, your pants are from uniqlo and not GU] will definitely stay here again

A small quiet hostel, which is run by just one guy, who is really friendly. It is a about a 15 minute walk from the Namba area, and a 30 second walk from the Daikoku-Cho subway station, so was impressed with the location.

Thank you for Keizo for his hospitality to ensure I have a great time in Osaka. Keizo is friendly and he takes care of the place. I will strongly recommend this Hostel because the location is super near the Daikokochu station and the blue and red line will bring you to Namba, Umeda.

Staff is very nice he try to accommodate us as best as he can.

The hostel was easy to get to from the subway, a 30 second walk which was convenient. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hostel itself didn't feel that comfortable and there was hardly any atmosphere. I would recommend this hostel for a short stay as it did the job.

The staff barely talk to us. There is no feeling like other hostel where you fill welcome in a good looking place. There is only 2 showers which are downstairs. The all buldings is not fitting for an hostel. In the room you can hear everything outside. There is way better in osaka for the same price.

I arrived really early and the doors were locked so I sat in front to wait but got harassed by some men walking by so I kept ringing the bell & woke up some staff to open the door which he was super nice about (sorry for waking you up!) it's a nice hostel, a bit of a walk to find anything to do though. There's an amazing ramen place near here that always has a line outside the door- check it out!

Only 1mins walk from Bakurocho Stn exit 5 & 6 (with elevator just opposite exit 5). The room of 8beds is too cramped imo. Each floor have toilet but the shower only on 1st floor. At least the shower is spacious and clean. Near hostel is 24hr Yoshinoya a cheap option to eat.There's also Lawson & 100yen Lawson nearby. Basically it's really strategic. The staff also helped me take my big luggage upstairs. Nice!

The man who runs this is super nice and helpful. I even emailed him when I forgot to take my locker key with me one day and he got it and kept it at the desk for me. Location is super close to the subway and only a few stops from most of the major sites. The facilities are basic and do require many stairs but for the price I'd say it was fair. Had our own power outlets and reading lights as well as lockers of a good size to lock up important things. He even offered us umbrellas when we left