Daikoku Hostel Reviews

1-2-3. Daikoku, Naniwa -ku, Osaka, Osaka, Japan

a very nice surprise. didnt really look forward to staying in this hostel at first but in the end it became our favourite. Superb location, wonderful staff. thanks for exchanging your new 1000 yen note for my torn one. let's sushi next time!!! [by the way, your pants are from uniqlo and not GU] will definitely stay here again

A small quiet hostel, which is run by just one guy, who is really friendly. It is a about a 15 minute walk from the Namba area, and a 30 second walk from the Daikoku-Cho subway station, so was impressed with the location.

Thank you for Keizo for his hospitality to ensure I have a great time in Osaka. Keizo is friendly and he takes care of the place. I will strongly recommend this Hostel because the location is super near the Daikokochu station and the blue and red line will bring you to Namba, Umeda.

Staff is very nice he try to accommodate us as best as he can.

The hostel was easy to get to from the subway, a 30 second walk which was convenient. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hostel itself didn't feel that comfortable and there was hardly any atmosphere. I would recommend this hostel for a short stay as it did the job.

The staff barely talk to us. There is no feeling like other hostel where you fill welcome in a good looking place. There is only 2 showers which are downstairs. The all buldings is not fitting for an hostel. In the room you can hear everything outside. There is way better in osaka for the same price.

I arrived really early and the doors were locked so I sat in front to wait but got harassed by some men walking by so I kept ringing the bell & woke up some staff to open the door which he was super nice about (sorry for waking you up!) it's a nice hostel, a bit of a walk to find anything to do though. There's an amazing ramen place near here that always has a line outside the door- check it out!

Only 1mins walk from Bakurocho Stn exit 5 & 6 (with elevator just opposite exit 5). The room of 8beds is too cramped imo. Each floor have toilet but the shower only on 1st floor. At least the shower is spacious and clean. Near hostel is 24hr Yoshinoya a cheap option to eat.There's also Lawson & 100yen Lawson nearby. Basically it's really strategic. The staff also helped me take my big luggage upstairs. Nice!

The man who runs this is super nice and helpful. I even emailed him when I forgot to take my locker key with me one day and he got it and kept it at the desk for me. Location is super close to the subway and only a few stops from most of the major sites. The facilities are basic and do require many stairs but for the price I'd say it was fair. Had our own power outlets and reading lights as well as lockers of a good size to lock up important things. He even offered us umbrellas when we left

Liked the bunk beds had curtains but still a very small room. Noisy at night didn't get a good nights sleep.

The receptionist was really kind and helpful. We called in to inform him that we will be checking in late and he waited for us. My friends and I stayed in a 8 bed female dorm and the room was cozy and clean. There are windows in the room so we were able to open it for some fresh air. Upon check out, the same receptionist was really kind to help us look for empty carton boxes as we had to air mail our stuff back.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Nice hostel with good facilities, super close to Daikokucho station with a couple of well stacked grocery stores around the corner. Good kitchen facilities and the place is not too big, so a little more intimate than some of the other backpackers'.

This was basically the only hostel available when I was heading for Osaka, but I really enjoyed my stay here and would defenately go back! :D not even a minute walk from a metro station that head towards the city centre, supermarkets and convenience stores just around the corner open 24/7 and very clean! Warmly recommended!

The staff was extremely helpful although I think I bothered him too much with getting lost on my to the hostel. I love the place being clean and neat and everything well-designed. It's also easy to reach convenient stores and my favorite Sukiya from the hostel so that I can have a proper breakfast. Basically, this hostel is totally recommended. Really!

Closest JR station is the Imamiya Station which is around 4 blocks from the hostel. But a lil walking doesn't hurt! There's another subway station very close. You can use that if you don't have a JR pass. Cool staff. Cozy room. Near a 24h supermarket. Pretty good place to stay!

At first I came here because it was one of he fee available places but now I will return because I want to. The owner will greet you on arrival and he is the raddest dude ever. He goes so far out of his way to help you with anything. As for the hostel, it's a little basic in the best way, had everything you need but the beds were very comfortable and spacious with a good privacy curtain. The best part, incredible location, around the corner from a metro exit, easy access Namba & Airport.

Keizo is the best! Had a great stay here.

This is an ideal place for a bed and a shower, that's about it. There was a common room, but most of the people were too busy to congregate. Owners were nice enough, can help with basic area information and requests. This place is a bit far afield from the city center, but it's close proximity (less than 20 meters) from a subway station on the main line makes it a relatively good place to base a trip to Osaka.

The staff was very accommodating, allowing us a super late check in after we had a late flight (that also got delayed!). They are very willing to provide you with directions to anywhere in the city, and to help you get to other destinations like Kyoto and Nara. There's a good common room on the top floor with a nice social atmosphere. The hostel is also right outside of a subway station that's right in the downtown area. Highly recommended.

Great lounge with free food and hard liquor. Nice owner. However, he doesn't have a staff and he sometimes bolts for home, leaving the front desk unmanned. Nice dude though