Daikoku Hostel Reviews

1-2-3. Daikoku, Naniwa -ku, Osaka, Osaka, Japan

everything is good, but I don't like another person take teeth cleaning at night.One of big eastern country tourists that they did its loudly,they seem to do not care the another.Anyway,its a not bad place to stay.The boss is nice,I like him.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Great place a 20 minute walk from Dotonburi and Namba, definitely recommended. Super clean too!!

Overall it is nice and good location. U can walk to namba and shinsaibashi! There are convenient store and 2supermarket nearby. The wifi is good as well

This was a very cool, homey little hostel. The location was great, walking distance to the Nankai Airport line, the Osaka loop line and subway. Plenty of excitement nearby but inside the hostel you could relax and sleep. My bed had a western style mattress - pretty rare in Japan! Tiny kitchen but huge TV. Only downside is the lack of elevator.

Thank you so much for having me. My time in Osaka was a highlight of my Japan tour. I see you uploaded the photo from the bar across the road (I'm red faced gaijin with too many beers after the Baseball) with you, the salarymen and the owner. Good times!

It's my first time to stay in hostel in Japan and got very good experience here. The location is so convient and the hostel inside is clean.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

the boss is sooooo nice! this is my best memory in japan when i lived in daikoku hostel:)

We only stayed one night, but it was great - the directions were very easy to follow, the location was in a quieter area but very close to a subway station and about 20 minutes walk from Namba if you don't want to take the train. The man running the front was very nice and added to the overall atmosphere of a safe and relaxed little hostel. It is not a big place and you will not have much space, but it was definitely one of the better hostels we stayed at on this trip.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Very friendly staff, the udon restaurant he recommends is superb, very clean place and spacious beds :) highly recommended!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Nice bunkbeds. Great beanbag pillow. Very nice common area connected to the roof top of the building. Washing machine on roof. No dryer, but possible to hang clothes in the roof. Calm area around hostel which is nice for sleeping. Area is 1 min from Subway and around 15-20 minutes from Namba (which is where you want to go). The host has limited english skills, but will help you any way he can. Very hood stay overall. Will stay again.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I stayed at Daikoku for 3 nights. It is conveniently located just one subway stop from the busy Namba district. The hostel is very clean and I met some fun people there. The staff was nice and very polite, and helpful in answering any questions.

We stayed one night. It was clean, staff was friendly with quite limited English, close to transit to downtown but immediate area was poor. We found another tenant locked out of the hostel because she was never given the code. Its fine in a pinch but we think there are better places in Osaka.

A very nice experience. Nothing left to desire.

The owner is great, his English is'nt great, but neither was my japanese, but his was very helpful and happy. Very good common room too. And your right by the subway so getting into town is easy.

Owner is super lovely! He really tried his hardest to help you with every thing! The hostel is quite small, but it's Japan! Great place to chill and hang back after a long day!

It is located conveniently to 2 stations- one including the JR. Walkable to the city area. Clean and has a lounge to relax in. Slightly cozy and limited space to store luggage especially when a dorm is full. Two showers down the ground floor to share and does not have any lifts, tight squeezes with larger luggages. The bed conveniently has lights, chargers and curtains for privacy.

Manager is a kind and funny man. Great and relaxing common space for socializing. Although there are dorms, the curtains make it feel like your own private space which is nice. Everything is spotless clean. Great stay!

I actually was not able to stay here. I wanted to but I accidentally booked the wrong day. The manager was very kind and let me cancel and even helped me find another place last minute on a Saturday night! The placed looked clean and I booked it originally because of it's close location to the main districts in osaka. The staff was so friendly, i wish I could have stayed there!

The place was so nice and clean with reasonable price. Although, it's dormitory type but it's comfortable. From the location, although it's not in the popular area for sightseeing but it's near subway station, which is easy to go Namba, Umeda, Shinsekai Area, or even other regions like Kobe or Kyoto meanwhile I was able to sleep soundly without loud noise all around.

I really liked this hostel. This was my favorite hostel I have ever stayed in. The location was very easy to find. The staff was very helpful. If I was ever bock in Osaka I would stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3