Daikoku Hostel Reviews

1-2-3. Daikoku, Naniwa -ku, Osaka, Osaka, Japan

The staff barely talk to us. There is no feeling like other hostel where you fill welcome in a good looking place. There is only 2 showers which are downstairs. The all buldings is not fitting for an hostel. In the room you can hear everything outside. There is way better in osaka for the same price.

The man who runs this is super nice and helpful. I even emailed him when I forgot to take my locker key with me one day and he got it and kept it at the desk for me. Location is super close to the subway and only a few stops from most of the major sites. The facilities are basic and do require many stairs but for the price I'd say it was fair. Had our own power outlets and reading lights as well as lockers of a good size to lock up important things. He even offered us umbrellas when we left

Liked the bunk beds had curtains but still a very small room. Noisy at night didn't get a good nights sleep.

The receptionist was really kind and helpful. We called in to inform him that we will be checking in late and he waited for us. My friends and I stayed in a 8 bed female dorm and the room was cozy and clean. There are windows in the room so we were able to open it for some fresh air. Upon check out, the same receptionist was really kind to help us look for empty carton boxes as we had to air mail our stuff back.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Nice hostel with good facilities, super close to Daikokucho station with a couple of well stacked grocery stores around the corner. Good kitchen facilities and the place is not too big, so a little more intimate than some of the other backpackers'.

This was basically the only hostel available when I was heading for Osaka, but I really enjoyed my stay here and would defenately go back! :D not even a minute walk from a metro station that head towards the city centre, supermarkets and convenience stores just around the corner open 24/7 and very clean! Warmly recommended!

The staff was extremely helpful although I think I bothered him too much with getting lost on my to the hostel. I love the place being clean and neat and everything well-designed. It's also easy to reach convenient stores and my favorite Sukiya from the hostel so that I can have a proper breakfast. Basically, this hostel is totally recommended. Really!

Closest JR station is the Imamiya Station which is around 4 blocks from the hostel. But a lil walking doesn't hurt! There's another subway station very close. You can use that if you don't have a JR pass. Cool staff. Cozy room. Near a 24h supermarket. Pretty good place to stay!

At first I came here because it was one of he fee available places but now I will return because I want to. The owner will greet you on arrival and he is the raddest dude ever. He goes so far out of his way to help you with anything. As for the hostel, it's a little basic in the best way, had everything you need but the beds were very comfortable and spacious with a good privacy curtain. The best part, incredible location, around the corner from a metro exit, easy access Namba & Airport.

Keizo is the best! Had a great stay here.

This is an ideal place for a bed and a shower, that's about it. There was a common room, but most of the people were too busy to congregate. Owners were nice enough, can help with basic area information and requests. This place is a bit far afield from the city center, but it's close proximity (less than 20 meters) from a subway station on the main line makes it a relatively good place to base a trip to Osaka.

The staff was very accommodating, allowing us a super late check in after we had a late flight (that also got delayed!). They are very willing to provide you with directions to anywhere in the city, and to help you get to other destinations like Kyoto and Nara. There's a good common room on the top floor with a nice social atmosphere. The hostel is also right outside of a subway station that's right in the downtown area. Highly recommended.

Great lounge with free food and hard liquor. Nice owner. However, he doesn't have a staff and he sometimes bolts for home, leaving the front desk unmanned. Nice dude though

A good place to stay in Osaka. I was here with a friend and we both liked it. The owner is a really nice person and will do all he can to help you. Location within 15 walk of popular nightlife area. The atmosphere was lacking, I guess because we are in middle winter but we didn't see anyone in common room or meet other travelers

The hotel is good access to the subway. I appreciated the clean and beautiful room, , and the friendly hospitality by your staff. I would like to go back there again. I look forward to staying at your hotel again. Thank you very much for all your kindness and hospitality extended to me.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Nice place, good access to the subway. Bit awkward with the shower being on the ground floor but that was fine really. The host was really nice and helpful when a couple of friends needed to stay but did to have a booking and would get in after check in. It was fine for me to let them in and they paid the next morning!

Hostel situated right beside the subway exit with an escalator! Also has shops like kura sushi, yoshinoya, ramen and shabushabu shops within 5 mins walk, all marked out on a map at the reception. Staff was really friendly and helpful too!

Showers on the ground floor make it a very cold walk. Common room on the top floor has a lack of power outlets. It's a small hostel and very drafty. There are better hostels out there, but this one was fine. Good location. Take a photo with your phone of the map on the counter of the front desk.

newly opened hostel with awesome facilities. 10min walking distance from nanba area. has a nice chillout space on the top floor, cozy bed with private locker. but the owner didn't speak good English so i couldn't get much information but he was really helping and kind.

Daikoku is my favorite hostel in Osaka. The owner is very kind and helpful. He's very relaxed about check out time, and it's located one subway stop away from Namba, so entertainment is easy to find.