Dalat Family Reviews

Alley No.3, Thong Thien Hoc str, Ward 2, Da Lat, Vietnam

Stay here, you'll probably only be in Dalat for a couple of nights so make them memorable and special. After a long old night bus I was greeted with a huge and a kiss from all 3 crazy sisters who run this hostel and a yummy bowl of rice and veggies from their lovely Mama. It's cramped, it's cosy- you'll make friends and eat a lot :) Thanks for a unique and wonderful hostel experience to Crazy Girl, Sexy Anni and your Mama!

I had a ball, so social and friendly, the staff are full on but in a good way, just go with it and you will have a blast

• 12th Jul 2014

It is a pretty unique place and definitely not for everyone. So read the other reviews carefully before you choose. It is very full-on and a great place to meet other travellers and drink and party during the night. Although you tend to hit younger travellers than older ones. The beds are extremely cramped, especially at the top floor, and there are not that many showers(although i didnt have problems with queues in the mornings) but this is okay considering its $5 a night.

As others say, very social, but not the nicest/cleanest hostel. While we loved having the family dinner, there was nothing else close by except a few pho restaurants. The staff will do anything to make you happy though!

Best hostel ever- don't even consider staying anywhere else if you're heading to Da Lat. I love you Mama! The staff at Da Lat Family are incredible- you'll never want to leave. And the dinner is amazing! Thanks for everything, ladies!

loved this expierence. what a great staff and owner. I love them they take you in like it's your home and take care of you.

This place is super fun because of the women that run it. This family goes out of its way to make everyone feel apart of everything. The group dinners are delicious and a great way to meet others (although it's in a cramped space). If you take away Mama and the other ladies, this hostel is just "eh." The space is very small and cramped. The location is alright, and there are other hostels and cafes on the same street, which are great.

Great hostel, the staff are absolutely incredible and all wonderful characters and make you really feel like you are part of a family and are more than willing to go out of their way to help you with anything. The word family is in this hostel title and the word family is KEY. I travelled with 4 others and stayed for two nights, but could of easily stayed for longer in Delat due to the warm atmosphere and hospitality this hostel provided.

• 30th Jun 2014

This place is jokes! Crazy, Sexy and Muma will look after you in a whole new way! Buzzing atmosphere, free happy water, great canyoning excursion. It's an experience not to miss in Dalat. Stay opposite if they're full, everyone mingles. in the street anyway! Loved this place! Never slept side by side with strangers? Now's your chance!!

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at, and I've been to a lot. The staff is better than best, totally amazing!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Craziest hostel I've stayed at in the best possible way! Mama, crazy and sexy are great and Da lat is worth visiting for this hostel alone

Great atmosphere is what set this hostel apart. What it lacks in other elements it makes up with a family feeling

I loved my stay here!! Was such a blast, met awesome people and didn't want to leave. The girls are super lovely and mama is a laugh. I slept upstairs which was like one big sleepover with mattresses on the floor. I loved it. We went out to a bar then onto a nightclub each night and we had a good crowd so it wasn't a hectic night out. We also went out for a family dinner which was nice too. I've recommended this place to everyone I meet so thanks girls for the great stay

This hostel is amazing! Travellers flock here because of the family atmosphere, the crazyness and the staff. Mama, sexy annie and crazy are so much fun. Yes there are lots of beds cramped into the rooms and not many bathrooms or room to move in the bedroom areas but non of that matters when you're there. I have never been to a hostel where I've felt so at home within minutes. Family dinner for $2 a night is also a must!

Best social enviroment ever. Its like a community of travelers.

This place was amazing! Intended to stay in Dalat for 2 days and ended up staying for 4...just because of this hostel! Best hostel in all of Vietnam! Loves every CRAZY minute! Much love for MAMA!

• 15th Jun 2014

Easily my favorite hostel I've ever been too. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, crazy, sexy and mama really make the place. Family dinner is great, beds are comfy, and its only a short walk into town. Awesome experience!

The hostel is a bit cramped an maybe it's not the cleanest hostel I've been in, but stay here for the atmosphere! Mama takes you in as part of the family. Everyone eats a delicious family dinner together and then hangs out after. Worth staying at since most of Dalat is a sleepy town.

The most sociable hostel I have stayed at during my trip. Was greeted by a cheering ovation, a hug and a meal on arrival. Everyone eats, and goes out together. This hostel alone, (plus the awesome canyoning) made Dalat one of our favourite places in Vietnam.

• 9th Jun 2014

It was a very cramped living style in the dalat family, literal slept right next to each other. The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. However, if you want to sleep maybe not the best place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4