Dalat Family Reviews

Alley No.3, Thong Thien Hoc str, Ward 2, Da Lat, Vietnam

Two words: Stay here. Anni and Mama, you are amazing!!

I loved dalat family hostel, and mama and the babies!!!! the athmosphere is soooo good, its all about having a fun crazy time, but not at all luxury

• 7th Apr 2014

You wan't a review? Not4U!!! ;-)

Family is lovely but hostel could be better. Dorm rooms are small and stuffy, water wasn't working about 75% of the time we were there and dinner (although delicious and fun) was too busy and disorganized. The atmosphere could not be matched by any other hostel and it's definitely an experience. Canyoning was great value and so much fun!

If you are planning to visit the CRAZY HOUSE of DaLat, all you need to do is stay at this place. The owner (MAMA), her daughter, and her staff are super crazy & friendly people that will make you laugh 24/7. Facilities are still undergoing improvements but this venue has created A LOT of conversations even up in Hanoi for a place opened merely 5 months. I have always been a service/ppl person more than comfort, and if you are looking for a great atmosphere to rmb DaLat with...search no more!

Very nice peoples. Hostipality on the highest level. Felt like a home (stay).

Absolutely brilliant experience at this hostel! The family are wonderful, and really make you feel right at home.

Absolutely loved my stay at Dalat Family Hostel!! I wish Anni and Mumma and the girls only success and happiness!!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

It's a little bit out of the way, but what an incredible place to stay. You really did feel part of the family! Communal home cooked dinners by Mama were fantastic. We've been in Asia for 4 months and this was our favourite place so far!!!

You really felt like family, mama cooks for everyone at night and all the staff go out of their way to be hospitable. Met some great people here, this is definitely the place to be in Da Lat, and you can book tours through them too. I'd definitely stay here again.

You MUST stay here! Best "homey" feel of my entire trip, you really feel cared for. Family dinners and outings almost every night. Mama and her daughters are exceptional and are always around for security or any questions/concerns you may have. Great canyoning trip through them as well!!!

This hostel actually makes you feel as if you're a guest in "Mama's" home! I have recommended this place to everyone I've met in my travels and none have been disappointed.

Completely unique experience. One of the best places I've stayed.

Good hospitality from the owner, joined-dinner was great to know new friends.

You must stay at this hostel. I can't begin to explain just how fantastic it is - you just have to witness it. If, like most, you are looking to meet fantastic people in an incredible family environment this is definitely the place to stay. The wonderful ladies who run this place welcome you with open arms (literally) and huge, delicious (cheap) home made meals made by the legend that is Mama. The girls will go out of their way to make your stay the best highlight on Vietnam. Not to be missed!

• 21st Feb 2014

This was not at all what I expected. First, there were 40 people in this small house made for 20 maximum. In my room, which was supposed to have 6 people, they crammed 8 in because they overbooked. This meant 4 strangers actually were forced to share two double beds. I was lucky to not be one of them. Second, do not believe them when they say they have hot showers - or that they even have water. In 4 days, I was able to take 1 shower b/c they never had water. Needs some serious work.

This hostel has a great atmosphere! The family dinners are very welcoming and you get to know other backpackers. We went canyoning through the which was so much fun! Be warned, the beds upstairs are just mattresses on the floor. Bathrooms are limited and hot water runs out quickly, which was a bummer when 16 of us came back from a VERY fun, but cold day in the water. I would stay here again!

8 people are squashed into a room, where there should be max 4. No space between mattresses, so people kept stepping on my "bed" while I was trying to sleep, to get in/out of the room. You're lucky when you actually have a hot shower (or water pressure), and many other things wrong with this place. It would be still a sociable hostel if there would stay 2 times less people. You can find much better hostels in Dalat for the same price!

The staff there are fun, friendly and helpful. And this is a pretty nice place to meet new people. However, the female room is too crowded and no locker, the shower water is also not that stable.

Very nice hostel with nice owners and nice atmosphere

« first « Prev 1 2 3