Dalat Family Reviews

Alley No.3, Thong Thien Hoc str, Ward 2, Da Lat, Vietnam

The friendliest, kind and sharing hostel owners I have ever encountered. On arrival Mama (owner) gave me a big hug and plate of food for lunch and in return I helped her make a big plate of spring rolls for dinner that evening. Everyone in the hostel likes to eat the yummy dinner that Mama prepares together for 42,000 each (optional). The beds are super comfy and close together so it kind of feels like a slumber party. The bathrooms are average but are what you'd expect of a home stay. Loved it

It was a great experience, wonderful family feel especially at dinner. The canyoning trip organised by the hostel was amazing too! However, it was not very clean and beds are extremely close together.

This place is so so special . By far my favourite place to stay on my travels in South east Asia. Any home sickness you may have whilst travelling will soon dissapear here as you really are made to feel so welcome and loved . This hostel has humble beginnings and the family who run it deserve every guest they get. All the Dalat family want you to do is be happy here , and every single person here was made to feel happy I am 1000% sure of that. Cannot recommend enough ! I love you family !

• 27th Feb 2015

First I have to say that Anni and her family are the sweetest people we've met while backpacking! The take great care of their guests and it really feels like a little travler family. We enjoyed our stay at Dalat family but it was really unfortunate that we had several hundred dollars stolen from our bag. (Lockers were full in our room so I had to hid my $ in my bag). Anni was so sweet and offered to help in any way she could. A lesson learned tho, so lock up your stuff! Anyways, we'd stay again

The place is runned by a Vietnamese family, mainly the girls and the "Mama". It has an amazing family ambient, the family dinner served everyday is amazing with everyone sitted around the table. The breakfast next door is OK. Nice place overall, would stay again!

You stay here for the experience, it's Definitely a welcoming environment and run by a lovely family. You will meet great people too. Only downside is that the rooms are in desperate need of lockers and it can sometimes be a little overwhelming!

Benny and the staff are very welcoming and absolutely amazing. The lobby is a great place to hang out and meet others and it's close to the beach and bars. I only wish there were more bathrooms as you could spend a significant amount of time waiting when it's busy.

Great social atmosphere, and Mama is amazing! It is just too chaotic (reservations don't mean anything there). Things tend to go "missing", and my bags were always moved from my bed. Just lock everything and you will be fine!

Amazing hostel, staff are so entertaining and very happy to help. Before we had even checked in there was food made for us free of charge. Beds are very comfortable. Great atmosphere and perfect place to meet other travellers.

Lovely staff and great atmosphere

You feel at home here straight away, with hugs and kisses all over the place. 'Mama' makes a good diner at night and you can go into town if you want. However, the rooms are as cold as it is outside, which meant I slept with a fleece jacket. And the showers weren't hot when I was there. The location is okay, but not as close to the bars and restaurants. It is close to the Hanh cafe though.

simply couldn't rate this hostel more highly. literally is one big family, we met so many amazing people and mama is hilarious.

Muma, Anni, Yun much loveee! Amazing stay; just go there, best hostel I've ever been, amazing atmosphere!

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at! the staff is so nice and the dinner is awesome and cheap. It's so easy to meet new people, I highly recommend to stay at the family hostel!

Yeah the hostel isn't the cleanest or kitted out with stuff, but the experience more than makes up for it. Thanks mama!

Brilliant place to stay and meet people. It really lives up to it's name 'family'. From the moment you walk in (hugs and food given) you feel like a part of their quirky family. We staying in the big dorm upstairs which was nice, the beds were just mattresses but they were very comfy and had a locket and light at he head of the bed. It's the perfect place to go to meet and socialise with people and is so much fun. I'd 100% recommend everyone to go there as long as you want to talk and meet.

Awesome awesome place! Mama and the rest of the staff were crazy, in a good way. Amazing food and atmosphere. Recommended for people looking to make friends/family while moving around Vietnam.

This hostel is absolutely great in terms of atmosphere and the staff is amazing, really helpful and so nice. Everyday there's a family dinner which is great to meet people. However; this place was so overbooked when I was there. People were sleeping everywhere, I had to share mattress with a guy I didn't know. No lockers in rooms and everyone can walk in everywhere.

I stayed at Dalat Family Hostel for two nights and I just loved it! It's not a very big hostel, but that just makes the atmosphere amazing among the backpackers and you become like a little family, especially if you do the canyoning through the hostel. The beds are amazing - big and soft! The only thing I would complain about is that the location is a bit off, and the showers were sometimes cold. But anyway, just book a room!! You won't regret it!

A very warm family, Mama is really crazy. We liked it a lot there. It was a really good experience. So if you have no problem to sleep on a matrace on the floor then go to this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3