Dalat Family Reviews

Alley No.3, Thong Thien Hoc str, Ward 2, Da Lat, Vietnam

A very warm family, Mama is really crazy. We liked it a lot there. It was a really good experience. So if you have no problem to sleep on a matrace on the floor then go to this hostel.

Definitely earns the name family hostel. Up there with one of the best hostels I have stayed at in 6 months of travel...also crazy anny knows how to bust a move!

The best hostel i've been to so far!

This is the best hostel i have ever stay! You actually feel in a family, the dinners are amazing and everyone is so nice and helpfull, it an experience to stay here

A bit overwhelming at first but then you realise that the staff are genuinely that nice and energetic all the time. I felt as if I was with my family. The dorms are like a tin of sardines! The shower in our dorm didn't have a heater so we used one in another dorm. I booked an extra night when I was there but they sold my bed anyway, they sorted out another bed for me though.

What can I say more than "Mama"! This women speaks no English but makes you feel welcome and part of the family! All staff are so friendly and the communal meal with all other travellers is amazing. Real feast. The dorms have 14 beds so it's all snug and can get a little bit noisey, but most people canyon the next day so they don't party too late. Loved it.

A must stay if you're looking for a fun, crazy and extremely friendly hostel. The staff are incredibly friendly and when you stay here you're part of the family. Best hostel in Da Lat

Fantastic atmosphere and staff. The family dinner is a steal at $2 and the canyoning trip was great fun. Plenty of space to lock up your bikes as well which is always a plus. Definitely a must stay when in Dalat!

Would not recommend. Was suppose to stay 2 nights, but changed my mind after seeing the sad bunk beds that were squeezed together in one room and.. the top floor is comprised of hard mattresses stuck together, camp style. The tiny bathrooms had mold on the ceiling + was not clean. Although the staff greets you with hugs, hot tea + banana, the small living room and bad location (far from the main area of town) didn't make me want to stay here. Stayed at Dalat Smile Hostel instead and loved it!

Cannot recommend more highly! Mama and the sisters are crazy, but really make you feel at home! The dinners are cheap, plentiful and delicious - Mama will not let you leave on an empty stomach! The breakfast and drinks are cheap too, which is good as it is a bit far to go anywhere else. This place attracts awesome people, so be ready to have a big night followed by a big day of canyoning!

Mama and the family at the hostel are the best! So fin and inviting and hook you up with whatever you need... Meals, day trips, bikes, anything. I met so many great people here because of the closeness of the setting and atmosphere. Its impossible not to meet new friends. Only one issue getting locked out one night because the guy wouldn't rent me a key but it got all sorted. Would definitely recommend this place! Xo

the best hostel in i have ever been in. the staff is fun, crazy and loving. didn't want to leave ever. thank you so much for the great time!

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Austria

BEST PLACE TO STAY EVER! -Join the Family!

Best atmosphere ever!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing crazy and lots of fun

Dalat family hostel is absolutely amazon god recommend it to anyone! Crazy mum is awesome and the canyoning was one of the best things I've done travelling. It's cheap, the rooms are homely and cute and the atmosphere at dinner with everyone sat round being cooked for by muma is so much fun. Would definitely come back.

• 13th Nov 2014

Family hostel is crazy but so fun, you have to stay here to get the best da lat experience. Thank you for a wonderful time family, we love you mama!

Stay here!!! It's an amazing experience and an awesome place to meet other people travelling. The staff are amazing and you feel like you're at home! Definitely go canyoning with the hostel- and to see the real dalat.... Book an easyrider tour with Stephane (recommended by the hostel) I had an amazing time and he is amazing too! Www.easyridertourguide.com Stephaneguide@yahoo.com For once as a traveller I did not feel ripped off or taken advantage of!

If you want the most unique, rewarding, memorable and just damn fun time you've had in a hostel, stay here. Back home, when people asked about my trip, staying here was literally the first thing I told them about. Why? You'll find out.

Loved staying at family hostel, Mama will make sure you are well fed, entertained and enjoy real Vietnamese hospitality. Great base for doing Canyoning as most backpackers stay there also with a great atmosphere.

Stay here!! The welcome you get is incredible and it only gets better. They genuinely do create a family atmosphere and can book the canyoning trip for you, which is also a must. The dorms are cramped for sure, but I think that actually adds to the family atmosphere of the place!