Dalat Family Reviews

Alley No.3, Thong Thien Hoc str, Ward 2, Da Lat, Vietnam

A truly unique and amazing hostel experience that must not be missed by anyone travelling in Vietnam!

The best hostel in dalat with such a friendly atmosphere. Arrived in the pouring rain to a cup of hot tea and a big hug from Annie. The nightly trips out for dinner with the whole hostel means everyone feels like a giant family. Big dorm in the attic feels like a giant slumber party. Good location - just a short walk from the beautiful centre of dalat. Highly recommend to anyone staying in dalat.

Recommended to me independently as the place to stay in Dalat by people I met travelling in Asia - I wasn't disappointed. The staff there are great and really make the experience - you do feel like part if the family. The socialising in the evening is a real highlight - I met so many interesting people and the bar there is pretty cheap. It is around a 10 minute walk from the centre if you want to go to the market or see the city.

Mama's dinner was amazing! The staff are super friendly and make you feel welcome right away! They take you out at night and treat you like one of their kids/friends. I would definitely stay here again and recommend everyone to stay here if they go to Dalat!

This is by far one of the most friendliest and hospitable hostels I have ever stayed in. Greeted with a big hug and a kiss and quickly given a seat and some wonderful home cooked food prepare by mama, you can't beat it. If you are looking for your home away from home, this is the place to be. It's a great place to meet lots of people and make some great friends. The drinks are cheap and kept flowing, the food is delicious, and the company is spot on. Most comfiest bed I've slept on in Vietnam.

Stay here, you'll probably only be in Dalat for a couple of nights so make them memorable and special. After a long old night bus I was greeted with a huge and a kiss from all 3 crazy sisters who run this hostel and a yummy bowl of rice and veggies from their lovely Mama. It's cramped, it's cosy- you'll make friends and eat a lot :) Thanks for a unique and wonderful hostel experience to Crazy Girl, Sexy Anni and your Mama!

I had a ball, so social and friendly, the staff are full on but in a good way, just go with it and you will have a blast

• 12th Jul 2014

It is a pretty unique place and definitely not for everyone. So read the other reviews carefully before you choose. It is very full-on and a great place to meet other travellers and drink and party during the night. Although you tend to hit younger travellers than older ones. The beds are extremely cramped, especially at the top floor, and there are not that many showers(although i didnt have problems with queues in the mornings) but this is okay considering its $5 a night.

As others say, very social, but not the nicest/cleanest hostel. While we loved having the family dinner, there was nothing else close by except a few pho restaurants. The staff will do anything to make you happy though!

Best hostel ever- don't even consider staying anywhere else if you're heading to Da Lat. I love you Mama! The staff at Da Lat Family are incredible- you'll never want to leave. And the dinner is amazing! Thanks for everything, ladies!

loved this expierence. what a great staff and owner. I love them they take you in like it's your home and take care of you.

This place is super fun because of the women that run it. This family goes out of its way to make everyone feel apart of everything. The group dinners are delicious and a great way to meet others (although it's in a cramped space). If you take away Mama and the other ladies, this hostel is just "eh." The space is very small and cramped. The location is alright, and there are other hostels and cafes on the same street, which are great.

Great hostel, the staff are absolutely incredible and all wonderful characters and make you really feel like you are part of a family and are more than willing to go out of their way to help you with anything. The word family is in this hostel title and the word family is KEY. I travelled with 4 others and stayed for two nights, but could of easily stayed for longer in Delat due to the warm atmosphere and hospitality this hostel provided.

• 30th Jun 2014

This place is jokes! Crazy, Sexy and Muma will look after you in a whole new way! Buzzing atmosphere, free happy water, great canyoning excursion. It's an experience not to miss in Dalat. Stay opposite if they're full, everyone mingles. in the street anyway! Loved this place! Never slept side by side with strangers? Now's your chance!!

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at, and I've been to a lot. The staff is better than best, totally amazing!

Craziest hostel I've stayed at in the best possible way! Mama, crazy and sexy are great and Da lat is worth visiting for this hostel alone

Great atmosphere is what set this hostel apart. What it lacks in other elements it makes up with a family feeling

I loved my stay here!! Was such a blast, met awesome people and didn't want to leave. The girls are super lovely and mama is a laugh. I slept upstairs which was like one big sleepover with mattresses on the floor. I loved it. We went out to a bar then onto a nightclub each night and we had a good crowd so it wasn't a hectic night out. We also went out for a family dinner which was nice too. I've recommended this place to everyone I meet so thanks girls for the great stay

This hostel is amazing! Travellers flock here because of the family atmosphere, the crazyness and the staff. Mama, sexy annie and crazy are so much fun. Yes there are lots of beds cramped into the rooms and not many bathrooms or room to move in the bedroom areas but non of that matters when you're there. I have never been to a hostel where I've felt so at home within minutes. Family dinner for $2 a night is also a must!

Best social enviroment ever. Its like a community of travelers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3