Damhotel Reviews

Damrak 31-32, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A clean, safe place to sleep at in the very centre of the city. But not a place to meet people.

only stayed there for one night but that was perfect. the location is more than great! the rooms had all you need. there's no common area so maybe not so good to connect with peolpe. great value for money!

Personally, I felt that I paid far too much for what I got. My room was literally a box with no window connected to a beautiful room that overlooked the canals. There was a fan in the room, but that just circulated the stale air. I could have dealt with that. But when I asked the next day to change rooms, due to a specific person in my room that made me feel extremely uncomfortable, they said they couldn't do that because the beds were made ready and the house cleaners had left. Unfirtunate.

There we 2 mice in our room!!! At 2 different times. The staff apologized but didn't seem to care enough to actually do more than just apologize... unacceptable. Plus the price is way too high for what truly is just a crappy rundown building in need of desperate renovations. The double beds are more like full sized beds.

• 8th Aug 2015

The location is amazing, however I believe much more should be added to the facilities to make it worth the money.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great location and really good clean facilities. No communal areas so the atmosphere wasn't great but still a very good place to sleep

We put down a EUR 10 security deposit for another room key. We kept the receipt and then twice, we asked for our security deposit back but the guy at the front desk didn't know what to do. He agreed that we should get our money back, but he said he was never properly trained on the process for refunding the cash. I have more to say on that gentlemen but I'll spare you. Apart from that, the place was fine. Private bathroom, but no kitchen in hostel. Room was small yet adequate for our purposes.

Very clean comfy beds in a convenient part of town but we saw two mice during our stay :( yikes!

• 31st Jul 2015

Location! Location! The staff were helpful and friendly.

Good location, but the room was really small and not so clean.

Not the greatest hostel. Good location but only one bathroom facility per room of 10 people and doesn't have that good hostel atmosphere. We only stayed here for 1 night last minute.

Location is the best!!! Just a few minutes walk from Amsterdam Central station and Dam Square as well. Close from everywhere such as Red Light district, canal tour, and so on. A lot of places to eat nearby. 6 beds dorm is on top floor (4th floor) and it was tough to carry luggages there. Staircases are super narrow!!! Room and bathrooms were clean and decent, however it's a bit overpriced I felt... but here is Amsterdam so it should be...

Excellent location, not too difficult to find and an enjoyable stay. Clean towels and beds made every day, bathroom and shower were perfect- very clean! Noise was a bit annoying as the room (107) is right next to the door leading from reception, woke me up several times but did not bother my companion at all. 90 euros was taken from my account before the stay (which I was not aware of) and I was told would not be returned until at least 12 days after the visit.

• 19th Jul 2015

Door to room slammed extremely loudly, in room of 9 lead to little sleep, AC unit but didn't work. Overall appearance run down, only good factors were decent bathroom and good location. Otherwise was largely overpriced.

Solid hostel. Hostels in Amsterdam are always going to be a bit smaller and more expensive than in other cities. I felt that this one was clean, easy to get to, and comfortable. Wi-Fi is a bit spotty, especially in rooms, but otherwise was a decent place to stay.

Great location (note that they are now called Tulip something, rather small sign outside) Had a 6 bed room, bathroom with shower with the room, soap and shampoo there for your use. No safe or lockable cabinet in the room is a minus. No common area, so not the best place to meet backpackers, but hey, it's Amsterdam... Go to a coffee shop and talk to people! Overall worth my money for a short stay in an awesome location!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Norway

Overall a good stay! Great location right by central station and near all the main attractions. Rooms are clean and spacious, as was my bathroom. No common room though. Helpful staff at reception. Would definitely recommend.

Awesome location, the Damhotel was a great hotel to stay at. There is not really any way to meet other travelers outside of meeting them inside your room. It would be nice if they had organized a pub crawl or cafe crawl to meet other travelers on.

This location is good. I have no complaints!

Excellent location but the facilities could be better and the shower wasn't very clean

• 6th Jul 2015