Damhotel Reviews

Damrak 31-32, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location was great, but the rooms were too small for that many people

Hostel was well located & very clean. Had an enjoyable stay with no complaints.

• 30th Apr 2015

Good position. ..

It was an alright hostel. Nothing special, rooms were in another building than the check in area and it didn't really have a common area to hang out. Location was solid though

Better interaction with staffs would be better. Plus, the cleanness within the room was not too good. People smoked within the room every single night.

It was a below average spot but I couldn't really find anywhere else to stay. It was a last minute booking. Very few plugs in the room. No common area. No breakfast or kitchen for that matter. Average staff, not very helpful. I was told to leave my bags in my room at my own risk therefore security within the rooms was nonexistent. The plus side is they provided a storage area at no extra cost and the wifi was decent in my room. It is unlikely I would stay at this hostel again.

Regular hostel, very good location. Our only problem was that, when we got there, the room smelled A LOT like weed, making it impossible to sleep there on the first night; and the bathrooms were few and not very clean.

Very cosy room, I really enjoy it!! The only downside is lack of common areas outside the room to read and relax.

Went for a stag weekend the hotel was in a excellent location close to the strip and the beds were comfy which is all we needed. If your going for a stag weekend or cheap weekend this is perfect. The restaurant downstairs was great to with sorting us out with breakfast all weekend which was much needed. Would stop again.

• 5th Mar 2015

The name of hostal is not even outside of the hostal, the company merged with some other hostal and they changed the name, so when you arrive to the destination is imposible to find the place, and no locals know it.

Excellent value for money and a great location; not much character or atmosphere to the hotel itself but then you just have to step outside for that! I would be happy to return again.

Great if you're just looking for a place to stay. It's quiet, fantastic location right next to station.

the location is so great, if you have too much stuff I'd rather suggest it to you. and they have safe box in the dorm,and the free baggage strorage. all the things are good except some roomates may be smelly

Nice, clean and cool

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Good, thanks. Please IMPROVE THE CLEANING IN THE ROOMS

We stayed here for New Years so it was way too expensive but it's an okay hostel. Bit run down but amazing location. Bathrooms are decent which is always important!

A hostel which has exactly what you need when looking for a clean bed at a great central location. Kind and helpfull staff.