Damhotel Reviews

Damrak 31-32, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Actualy i just stay one night in this hosltel and i was realyy very very bad espetalliy the staff in the resepetion...there is indian man he is very unpolite and didnt respect anyone he spoke with a very bad way with me and i jest slept in this hostel just becouse i already bay by mastercard and there is no way to cancel

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Palestine

It's a two star hostel so our expectations were pretty low. The walls are very thin and you can hear everyone going in and out. At one point in the night whilst we slept there was a really loud alarm going off in our room. Don't know what the hell for, really annoying. Bathroom stank SO bad (en suite room number 305). Staff were really friendly, they have a storage room to leave your bags in if you have a flight a lot later than your check out time. Great location at the very centre of Dam

This was an okay hostel, room was in decent shape. Didn't have any sort of public area or the vibe of a normal hostel.

The only good thing about this hostel is location. very close to centre and station.

I had a horrible night and I'm glad it was only one! The building is old obviously but the windows were almost broken. I couldn't close the one right next to my bed properly. one toilet and one shower per floor!!! How hygienic is that?!!! We were at least 50 per floor!!!! The corridors were disgusting, the smell too and bed sheets and linen were all over your way to the room. I don't recommend this place and I won't book here ever again!

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Tunisia

I got a single room for a couple days while I was in Amsterdam. The location is right on Damrak where all the action is. The room that I was in was private with a bathroom (sink, toilet, and shower). The bed was comfortable for the most part and there was plenty of clean towels.

• 29th Oct 2015

Mice in the room. Shower didn't work. Extremely cramped. Bad smell of weed.

• 27th Sep 2015

Nice place, great central location near to the central station

The location is excellent, however the building and furnitures are old, clean (exception made of the floors in common areas). If you're just looking for somewhere to sleep : perfect. Good advices on where to go and nice places to visit also.

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland

Staff was nice. There is nothing great or horrible about this hostel. Can't remember what I paid for it but if I could choose my price to pay I would pay no more than €20. Compared to the hostels I've stayed in for 20, 20 is generous for this one. It's close to the station. Close to the district. Close to the museums. The location is perfect really. They do not charge for towels it sheets which is awesome. Security could always be better. I have yet to find a hostel with perfect security. Its ok

The no lockbox thing wasn't cool. The location is great.

• 8th Sep 2015

The hostel is in a great location near the train station and a walk away from most places. However it is two separate buildings and only one receptionist who didn't speak much English. Regardless there was no common area, it's not a hostel, more like a rented out apartment. The room was small but doable. There was a window and a tv but we couldn't sleep on with the blankets or pillows because they were stained and dirty. The shower was bipolar and the curtain was too short so the bathroom floods

This place is a disaster, i wouldnt recommend ever. No elevator, tiny unsafe stairways, dirty, smells bad, looks creepy, no atmosphere at all, the person who checked me in could barely speak english so couldnt give me any tips on transportation... Well, everything is bad except the location...

A clean, safe place to sleep at in the very centre of the city. But not a place to meet people.

only stayed there for one night but that was perfect. the location is more than great! the rooms had all you need. there's no common area so maybe not so good to connect with peolpe. great value for money!

Personally, I felt that I paid far too much for what I got. My room was literally a box with no window connected to a beautiful room that overlooked the canals. There was a fan in the room, but that just circulated the stale air. I could have dealt with that. But when I asked the next day to change rooms, due to a specific person in my room that made me feel extremely uncomfortable, they said they couldn't do that because the beds were made ready and the house cleaners had left. Unfirtunate.

There we 2 mice in our room!!! At 2 different times. The staff apologized but didn't seem to care enough to actually do more than just apologize... unacceptable. Plus the price is way too high for what truly is just a crappy rundown building in need of desperate renovations. The double beds are more like full sized beds.

• 8th Aug 2015