Damhotel Reviews

Damrak 31-32, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Space was toó limited for 6 people. We considered extending our stay and were not offered any deals even when requesting them. We stayed at a Hostel the next day and It was SUPERB!! Shame...location great

VERY CLEAN - EXCELLENT LOCATION - FRIENDLY STAFF. ONLY ONE BAD THING IS NOISE , 24 HRS NOISY.

I've paid way too much to get a normal-bad stay.The room was ok, with its own bathroom but the sink was leaking, leaving a water all over the floor.I've spoke to the guy in the reception and he told me that he was gonna send someone to fix or leave extra towels for the floor but nothing happened.The room was dirty, full of dust all over the place and stains all over the wall. The noise from the street is loud, specially because of a work they'r doing in the street right in front of the hostel.

• 2nd Sep 2014

The bed was comfortable and you get a towel for free. Apart from that... It's not really a hostel. You can sleep and that's it. They made sure that every single place was turned into a bedroom. The only common area is the reception, an interior room with no natural light. Check-in and check-out is the whole activity program of the place. No breakfast and no kitchen neither. It's a place to keep tourist trapped in the tourist circle rather than welcome one into the city.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

It is already pricey for the room, and excluded City tax? Not a good

awfull. dirty, smelly,.wierd junkys, only good thing is location. but who cares. it was horrible.

In a great location and is clean but no atmosphere as it is a hotel wifi doesnt work in rooms

Not really any atmosphere but great location and good rooms. No complaints other than lack of any sort of social scene - which wasn't what we were looking for anyways.

If we book 6 bed dorm we want 6 bed dorms not a 6 bed dorm with 9 beds.. Futhermore most safeboxes were out of order and the staff did not give us any information. We had to ask for everything.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Good address, really near to the station, nice staff, clean, comfortable bed. I recommand.

• 11th Jul 2014

Room in attic was very hot, facilities were inconvenient and small. Location was good and staff was friendly

The Damhotel was a good place to stay in Amsterdam as it is located in a great location. Otherwise it is an average Amsterdam hostel, expensive, disinterested staff and decent security (there was a decent safe in the dorm!) with key card entry to the rooms and a luggage lock-up at reception. Rooms were decently tidy for Amsterdam standards, although WiFi reception was bad. Atmosphere around the Hostel is nice and busy, right in the heart of Amsterdam with a 5 minute walk to Amsterdam Centraal.

2 sec walk from the train st and the funist steps you could ever climb after a few coffie shops

The hotel is in the real center of amsterdam, for me at the best situation, the hotel looks clean, the bathroom and beds also, well for the price its realy nice thanks hotelworld

• 8th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The room I stayed was 3 bunk beds. Our experience started quite bad, because we had a lot of luggages and there was no elevator. Then, our room smelling very bad, because there was some problems at the pipes (hey gave a discount for that issue) The bad things: wifi signal and speed that were horrible, the room is quite hot and the window give access a roof between the two hotels that it was flooded and full of pigeons... Apart from that, the location is good and staff is helpful.

My partner and I had made bad choice of not booking a hostel anywhere before we arrived in Amsterdam, so we went with this hostel because it was the only one available. We saw the bad reviews so when we arrived, we expected it to be terrible. Admittedly, walking up the narrow stairs with heavy luggage was no fun, but the facilities were very clean. The bathroom was brand new, the beds were clean and with good linen and it was comparable to many other hostels I've been to. I'd recommend it!

A nice and clean hostel situated in a perfect position, between centraal station and Dam square!

It's the filthiest hostel I've ever stayed. They nerver cleaned my room while I was there for four nights.

• 28th May 2014

Close to the train starion but on a noisy street. Not all of the safes in the room worked but at least they are available.

Certain staff members were helpful and friendly, but one was not. He barged into our room several times in one day without knocking, and was useless at giving information.