Damhotel Reviews

Damrak 31-32, Amsterdam, Netherlands

If we book 6 bed dorm we want 6 bed dorms not a 6 bed dorm with 9 beds.. Futhermore most safeboxes were out of order and the staff did not give us any information. We had to ask for everything.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Good address, really near to the station, nice staff, clean, comfortable bed. I recommand.

• 11th Jul 2014

Room in attic was very hot, facilities were inconvenient and small. Location was good and staff was friendly

The Damhotel was a good place to stay in Amsterdam as it is located in a great location. Otherwise it is an average Amsterdam hostel, expensive, disinterested staff and decent security (there was a decent safe in the dorm!) with key card entry to the rooms and a luggage lock-up at reception. Rooms were decently tidy for Amsterdam standards, although WiFi reception was bad. Atmosphere around the Hostel is nice and busy, right in the heart of Amsterdam with a 5 minute walk to Amsterdam Centraal.

2 sec walk from the train st and the funist steps you could ever climb after a few coffie shops

The hotel is in the real center of amsterdam, for me at the best situation, the hotel looks clean, the bathroom and beds also, well for the price its realy nice thanks hotelworld

• 8th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The room I stayed was 3 bunk beds. Our experience started quite bad, because we had a lot of luggages and there was no elevator. Then, our room smelling very bad, because there was some problems at the pipes (hey gave a discount for that issue) The bad things: wifi signal and speed that were horrible, the room is quite hot and the window give access a roof between the two hotels that it was flooded and full of pigeons... Apart from that, the location is good and staff is helpful.

My partner and I had made bad choice of not booking a hostel anywhere before we arrived in Amsterdam, so we went with this hostel because it was the only one available. We saw the bad reviews so when we arrived, we expected it to be terrible. Admittedly, walking up the narrow stairs with heavy luggage was no fun, but the facilities were very clean. The bathroom was brand new, the beds were clean and with good linen and it was comparable to many other hostels I've been to. I'd recommend it!

A nice and clean hostel situated in a perfect position, between centraal station and Dam square!

It's the filthiest hostel I've ever stayed. They nerver cleaned my room while I was there for four nights.

• 28th May 2014

Close to the train starion but on a noisy street. Not all of the safes in the room worked but at least they are available.

Certain staff members were helpful and friendly, but one was not. He barged into our room several times in one day without knocking, and was useless at giving information.

I had read bad reviews of this hostel, however I was pleasantly surprised - it was nowhere near as bad as the reviews had made out. It was not great value for money, as no common room or cooking facilities. The room was not very clean, although the linen was fresh when I arrived. The location is excellent - only a few mins from the train station. There is a safe in the room but the main entrance was broken the whole time so anyone could have walked in! Great roommates made stay worthwhile.

Well where should i start? –It wasn't at all the way it was displayed on they're homepage. –there was NO security at all, i walked in at night and no was there to check –the rooms where quite dirty and stuffy air, which doesn't bother me that much, but at least one's got the chance to get a infection in the shower or on the toilet. So thanks a lot for beeing so honest on your homepage :)

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

The place is very close of the Centraal Station (5min) so for that it is very conveniente, staff nice, room clean, the only thing is that lockers are very small (my laptop can't go inside), you don't have ,commun space between differents rooms and the stair are very hard, if you come for few days is ok but if it is like me you come to do your internship with big luggages it is not conveniente.

No elevator and impossible stairs!

All staff very good and helpful. Only problem was when I arrived and front , glass door was shattered and held by tape. I could not get an answer to the door bell to check in. Spent 20 minutes waiting outside, until a restaurant worker next door told me to go to Tulip restaurant next door to check in for Dam Hotel. Notice should have been on Dam door and the glass was still broken when I left 3 days later.

• 9th Feb 2014