7.2
Very Good 470 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 470 Total Reviews
Damrak Inn Located at Damrak 58-59, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam 1012 LL Damrak 58-59
72% 470
52.3751434 4.8952263
    Rooms available

• India, Male, 18-24
20th Aug 2016
8.0

Lots of places to move around and visit since it is located close to the central station. The stay was comfortable but spent very limited time at the hostel (only to sleep for the night and freshen up). Mine was a shared dormitory (8 members), so it was not very clean but it really didn't matter much as I was there only for a night. Overall, The stay was comfortable and I enjoyed meeting new people.

• Bahamas, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2016
6.3

After the staff messed up my reservation... I got put on a bed on the floor. THEN the roof started leaking and there was water all over my bed. Went downstairs to tell them I'm not staying and found out that the receptionist made an unauthorized charge to my credit card (which I'm sure is illegal!) Won't be staying here again!

18th Jul 2016
6.3

Perfect location within walking distance from everything I came to see. I felt that my luggage was reasonably safe, and my small valuables fit in a safe in the room. The staff was welcoming, if not always super helpful. The beds were clean, but the room needed swept/mopped. Since the windows did not open, it was very hot in the 8-bed room on the third floor. The worst part was the bathroom--the shower was fine, but the toilet (functional) stunk like septic. Pipes are old, they need a plumber.

• Switzerland, Male, 18-24
17th Jul 2016
7.1

Ok to sleep over

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2016
6.3

Staff were very friendly and location was AMAZING. Downside is that the rooms were incredibly tiny and cramped with no air con so rooms became very hot and smelly. There was one bathroom for a 10 bed dorm which was not very clean. This would all be understandable except it was a not up to the standard of other hostels we had stayed in in Europe and had paid much less for. Seems as though the high price is paid just for the location and not much else!

• England, Male, 31-40
14th Jul 2016
5.1

Worst nights sleep of my life! No air con so had to have window open. Problem being the council cleaning centre directly opposite the front of the hotel where all the windows look over. Every 5 minutes there where vehicles pulling in and out. Very noisy!!!!

9th Jul 2016
6.6

The location was great. I stayed in an 8 bed room. The biggest challenge was the restroom being INSIDE the room. I encountered two staff members - a guy with tons of hospitality for my first time in Amsterdam and an Asian girl who would not give off of a personal call to check me out. I would be open to staying here again if the price is right.

7th Jul 2016
6.0

TL:DR Barely serviceable; would not stay again Security lacking; woke with 2 extra people asleep in my 8 person mixed dorm. Small lockers, not all worked. Location central, 2 min walk from trams and 5-10 from train. Staff friendly. Atmosphere absent unless dusty counts. Cleanliness poor; odorous stale bathrooms, dusty littered rooms. Facilities poor; broken showers, absent/broken towel hangers, little counter space, stained towels, no kitchen/lounge. Poor value - ridiculous weekend rate hikes.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2016
3.7

The rooms weren't clean, under where my sheet was in the morning I noticed it had been hiding a blood stain. I ended up with bites on me (even after they had put 'clean sheet on'). We also had to move rooms on the lastnight even though we were unaware when we had booked the accommodation. The new room the bathroom smelt like urine and had a non working shower! The location was awesome but the hostel was very dirty and unclean wouldn't recommend to stay for long here!!

• New Zealand, All Male Group, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016
6.9

The location is amazing but everything else is just ok