Damrak Inn Reviews

Damrak 58-59, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Yes, the location is great, but that's really the only great thing about this place. I am a female traveling alone, and i felt a wary here. There is no age restrictions and no lockers to store backpacks/luggage. There are only small safes in the rooms and even those barely functioned. I chose to stay in the 8 bed dorm, which turned out to be a 9 bed dorm. So it had 4 bunk beds and then a rollaway bed in the floor in the middle of everything. It made moving around extremely difficult.

• 24th Jul 2014

I missed an A/C in the room for that price. Everything else is great.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in

• 16th Jul 2014

There are SO much noise from the street.

Great place to stay. Very close to the train station and main attractions in Amsterdam. Staff are helpful and the rooms and facilities are brilliant. Didn't spend to much time in the hostel given we were out and about but never the less, I would recommend and stay at this hostel again if I come back to Amsterdam.

*Do not trust this hotel* We got to the hotel to be told that they had cancelled our booking and given our room to someone else because the price we were quoted on hostelworld was wrong. They told me that an e-mail had been sent to inform me, i later found out that it was sent the evening before we flew out. They had taken it upon themselves to book us into a new hotel at a much higher price than we had agreed to pay at damrak. Asked for deposit back but tehy said its nothing to do with them

• 29th May 2014

Staff are nice and location is great, but I stayed in a single room and it was tiny but clean.

• 2nd Apr 2014

The hotel is small. However, the staff were so friendly and helpfull. Then bed was comfortable and clean. They even offered a cup of coffee to me when I arrived there. Lovely stay and I would go there again.