7.0
Very Good 426 Total Reviews
7.0
Very Good 426 Total Reviews
Damrak Inn Located at Damrak 58-59, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands

• james_phillips931719
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
20th May 2016
8.0

Can't beat the location, right in the middle of the city, nice comfortable room and clean hotel. Vincent was an absolute legend and helped a lot with how to see Amsterdam on a weekend.

20th May 2016
6.3

disappointed would NEVER come back here. The staff was very nice but that was the ONLY thing that I appreciated about this hostel. We had to get another hotel room that night which costed the same as the tiny bed, in a very hot and sticky room, so close to the ceiling that I had a panic attack trying to go to sleep. I don't see how anyone could have slept in that room and especially for that outrageous price. We are here on our honeymoon and we are so dissappointed!!!

• TaylorSeiss
  • USA, Female, 18-24
17th May 2016
6.0

I left with hundreds of bites all over my body.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
15th May 2016
8.0

Rooms are very nice and clean, with one bathroom per room instead of sharing with a whole corridor. Location is fantastic and security is good with 24 hr reception and a code safe in the rooms (only big enough for valuables). This is perfect if you are looking for very basic but good accommodation in Amsterdam!

28th Apr 2016
7.4

If you're looking for atmosphere, don't look here. This hostel is all about location. Go out and enjoy! It's as convenient as you can hope: 5 minutes walk from the Centraal train station and 5 minutes walk from the town square. By bicycle I could ride to the Rijksmuseum or the Van Gogh museum in 8 minutes. Damrak Inn is secure and has good facilities. The staff I met were very polite, but their weakness is their lack of knowledge. I was surprised they weren't filled with ideas.

• USA, Female, 31-40
6th Apr 2016
6.6

location is good but quite noisy if you have a street-facing room. Window doesn't latch well. The bathroom got cleaned every day, but the bedding did not get changed every day. It got folded. My first night Victor was *extremely* nice and helpful. Other staff were nice enough, though when I asked for the help with the loation of a museum she didn't know where it was. I like the interaction w/ other ppl in hostels, this one did not have a common room to talk with others.

• England, Male, 18-24
5th Apr 2016

Me and 4 of my friends stayed at the Damrak Inn for 4 night and despite the narrow staircase, we felt the location of this hostel and excellent room conditions made our holiday. With everything we needed in walking distance I will definitely come back when I next visit Amsterdam. The staff was also nice even when we got locked out of our room.

• France, Female, 25-30
26th Mar 2016
3.4

Would not return

• Ireland, Male, 41+
29th Dec 2015

wonderful spacious hotel with ample room to just sit in any armchair and just chill. home from home. marvellous

• copey123
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Dec 2015
7.1

Stains on the sheets , amazing location, staff were helpful, close to Central Station.