Damrak Inn Reviews

Damrak 58-59, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Room was full and it was difficult to put your things so others didn't trip over them. The stairs are a killer. Thank goodness for your house keeping man he really helped me. Shower got plugged up had to tell the staff twice. Need better security. Also the lock boxes some worked others didn't. Overall had a great time met really cool people staying in that room.

Overall not awful but also nothing to rave about! Great location for your money and it gets the job done. Good luck getting any luggage up those spiral staircases.

Great location, does what it says on the tin. If your on a stag do and want a cheap place that your not going to spend much time in then this is perfect. The rooms and bathroom were clean, the stairs were very steep but you expect that In Amsterdam. 5-10mins walk from station and the staff were friendly, I'd go back.

Not my favourite but it was okay for one night!

I was very unhappy with the service provided. I booked a 6 bed room, to be told when i arrived that we were going to be placed in a different room and had to move into our 6 bed room the next morning. Whilst we did not mind this, there was no apology and the staff did not understand how this convenience our stay. They then threatened to remove us, even though we had not done anything wrong and merely wanted an apology for the inconvenience. Very dissapointing.

• 17th Apr 2015

In the most touristy spot in Amsterdam. Way overpriced. Had to climb impossible staircase up to the fifth floor every time we went to the room. Towels had other people's hair all over them. Pretty bad experience for the amount of money we paid. Would not recommend at all.

• 9th Apr 2015

The location of this hostel could not be more convienient, with it being right on the main set of streets and very close to the train station. That being said, you definitely pay for the location of the hostel and not its ammenities. The hostel itself is very small in size and it was almost hard for us to cary our bags through. The staff come in sometime during the day and remake the beds, not change them. With that said, my things were gone through and Im missing a few things.

Damrak Inn is a hostel with small rooms and tiny staircases but with staff who have big hearts. It is expensive but all Amsterdam is. I would go there again.

• 12th Mar 2015