Dana Guesthouse Bali Reviews

banjar silayukti, jalan pengubugan gang kayu cend, Kuta, Indonesia

Our rooms were comfy, the staff was really nice, and their breakfasts were simple but great. We booked their deal which included daily transportation, so although their location is pretty hard to get to, we didn't have a hard time getting around. And Putu (the manager) was our tour guide, driver and friend. He made our Bali trip one of the best experiences we've had, we couldn't ask for more. Here's a our blog review: http://mylovesingerman.blogspot.com/2014/10/dana-guesthouse-bali-review.html

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Putu is excellent at helping figure out your next plans and to do it on the cheaper side. The staff boys are very friendly and always smiling. The breakfast is watermelon, pancakes and eggs with coffee or tea. The guesthouse is NOT in Kuta but in Kerabokan which isn't a bad thing. Close to resturants far enough from loud roads. Good place to catch up on sleep from jet lag. Worth the money just for Putu's advice.

Dear Sir thank you very much , i thing you just get confuse about Kuta , we are in north kuta ,and still belong to kuta area , may be you can have a look on google map :-) . and just a bit sad that you get wrong taxi driver that was new driver where don't understand of road name it may be some reason for you to get miss understanding . well i was enjoy to he;p you here and i hope to see you again in next view day as your booking on 17 of October thank you and my regards Putu

It was one of the best place we have stayed in Bali , people so friendly and willing to help for all of our matter , breakfast was good ,free scooter and license can be arrange on police station near by and local food was great just 5 minutes walk , airport pick up is was one of PLUS point for this place , 10 minutes drive from Dana Guesthouse is call Batubolong, Tanah Lot temple was 15 minutes drive it was great sunset point , you guys must visit this place is more quite and nice .

• 4th Sep 2014

relaxing, great breakfast, nice atmosphere, great price for room, laundry, beer. friendly staff. loved the free airport pick up. hassle free! decent food nearby. great feeling neighborhood. for guaranteed hot water you must use shared shower, but no big deal for us.

The guesthouse itself was a decent place. HOWEVER, it was literally in the middle of nowhere. We were told that the beach was a 20minute walk, after an hour of walking and getting lost, we finally found the right way to the beach and as we were walking my purse got snatched off my arm by a motorcyclist. BE CAREFUL when walking in the area. Kuta beach is a 20ish minute drive and about $7US taxi (if you find a driver that is honest and will use the meter). The cab ride home will be more expensive!

The Guesthouse is nice and quiet. The main street With shops and restaurants is at 5 min walking. The hostel is anyway kind of far from Kuta center, where all bars are and taxi drivers had some problems in finding the place. But at the same time, we could have a relaxing stay far from noices and traffic. The staff was really kind and helpful, they gave advices and maps. Great value for price place. We planned to stay one day, we finally stayed 4 nights.

• 21st Aug 2014

The compound was beautiful, but the staff is by far the best part. From cheerful conversations and delicious meals, to helping arrange airport transfers and free use of their scooters. Wonderful service.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • LindseyRae

There was no warm water in our ensuite shower,but in the common shower, which was just next door and always free. Putu and his staff is extremely helpful and genuinely friendly and our free scooters were in a perfect condition. The neighborhood is off the tourist beat, which is great for the first few days in Bali.

Thank you for your comment , we have fix the problem. Just runing out gas on water heater and thats all . And now all good ;-)

I only stayed here for one night but it was enjoyable all the same. The room was nice and clean with a large comfortable bed. The staff was very kind, it was like a nice little family had welcomed me into their home. The breakfast was delicious and very filling. The bathroom was rather small and the water never turned hot but it was clean. The only problem I ran into was I didn't qualify for airport and my taxi driver got extremely lost, so if you take a cab be sure to have a map ready to go.

• 10th Jun 2014

Thank you for your comment. And fell free to contact us if you have any inquiries. Happy traveling Dana Family

I really liked Dana Guest House as a start for my travel through Bali. It is quiet and away from the buzz in Kuta, which I found very relaxing for my jet lag at the beginning. It's close to Tanah Lot (20 min car ride) so good for first trips on Bali. I loved the breakfast in the small gardens which Putu really takes care of. Everything here smells like frangipani flowers, it's so beautiful!

The staff and the facilities are so Great! So wonderful and helpful people! And the breakfast is awesome as well :)!

• 26th May 2014