Dancehostel Reviews

Via Nazionale, 22, Florence, Italy

It is really close to the train station which is amazing and it's not too hard to find either. it's close to the city and is easy to walk around. facilities are kinda really lacking though, one bath for the entire hostel and a kitchen that can't fit more than a few people

Had an awesome stay here, the staff were super nice guys and flexible with all my things. The rooms were cleaned daily and comfortable.

Nicely located, secure place but could be less expensive compared to the facilities.

Walked into my recently vacated and cleaned room and found toenails on the floor, which may have coloured my later opinions

Little pricey for what it was.

They dont have an air condition and because of that rooms smell terrible sweat. And they have nothing but a good location and very small kitchen.

Excellent location, literally within a few minutes walk of the Santa Maria Novella train station, within walking distance of main sites and plenty of places for food. Owner was friendly but not sure if it was a language barrier but didn't tell me anything about breakfast, I found out from other guests the next day. I had to prompt him to show me the bathroom. My first experience of hostels so maybe I was expecting a grand tour! I was in mixed dorm of four with bunks, street noise at night.

• 5th Aug 2015

Very hot, no AC and even with 3 fans in the room, was still hard to sleep.

In our search for this hostel we were looking for a sign or some indication of a hostel but instead we used our phones to guide our way. The hostel is the 3rd floor of a building of apartments and there's no lift. There's also a shared bathroom for everyone to use in the hostel and the wifi isn't great. There isn't any ac but there's lots of fans which is helpful as it was really hot during our stay and the kitchen has lots of facilities to use.

Can't fault the hostel, definitely does the job for a simple stay in florence. Excellent location also

well I think for the facilities it could cost a little less. it would better if they can include breakfast. its like a big apartment with big rooms . I've got to go up many stairs I think it's in the 4th floor no lift . so be prepare for that exercise . nice people . clean and very close to the touristic area which you could do by walking . the only thing I was kind of lost to find this hostel, for me it would be like to take to the right til you see in front Mac which is the street you need.

Great location, but that is all this hostel has. When we arrived, there was only one guy that coulnd't speak english, but he was quite nice. As for the facilities, there are only two shared showers for all the guests, which can mean more than 20 people. And one of the showers cannot be locked. There is no air-conditioning. We had to wait some time in the morning to check-out and when we asked if we can store our luggage there after check-out, we were told to leave them unlocked on the corridor.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

The room was really ok, with clean beds and sheets. The bathroom was quite odd, with only two toilets, one shower and one bathtube (!) for the whole hostel. The kitchen was small as well, not very much space to socialize with other travellers. Poor wi-fi connection.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Poland

Stayed in the 4 ppl bedroom. The hostel is like 5 min walking from central station and you can walk everywhere from there in like 30 min. Hostel staff was really friendly and well no one else ever drew a big smile face on my map before - I loved it. Only two showers but it was never a problem for me to get one of them so it seems sufficient. Loved the location and the people there and the kitchen was alright too. I'd stay there again.

Still not sure about the name, I don´t get why "dance". But this hostel was good choice for me and my friend (both girls), since we spent only one night in Florence. Hostel is perfectly situated in city center and it is easy to get around city, staff was great and helpful, only I was missing maybe computer or some room to get along with other traveller. But this hostel is perfect choice when you are travelling in group (rather small) and wants to have just nice place where to sleep.

Lovely man who worked there, very friendly. The hostel however was very basic and EXTREMELY hard to find.

The hostel is really close to the city center, it's easy to get there from almost every place in Florence. The staff are nice :) The room was too hot and the little fan wasn't enough. There was only two showers for too many people.

Little attempt at communication from staff despite the language barrier. Odd bed layout, group of two was split over two separate bunks. Two nearly broken fans in rooms meant the windows had to be wide open and the noise from the street was incredibly loud. Good location for wondering and close to the station. Felt secure despite being on a busy street.

You get what you pay for which isn't much. Hostel is on busy street so is noisy, no aircon only pedestal fans. Wifi can't handle more than three people on it at once. The only common area is a small kitchen which the three staff members also use as there is no office, so they are always hanging around in there, not always a welcoming group to sit with.

The worst hostel I have ever been. No breakfast included. Rooms are dirty. The bathrooms are so bad. The staff is lovely, but unprofessional.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts