Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Air conditioner flooded entire room. Repair team was in room for a couple hours instead of moving us. Wifi only worked for one day. Zero compensation was offered even after asking.

• 1st Feb 2015

We booked a private room for 5 nights during the Feb Full Moon Party..it was amazing to have your own room / space for this insane party. Would 100% reccomend spending the extra few bucks for a private. Great atmosphere in the hostel common area Nan is the man! He made us feel so welcome. Book it!

This hostel is owned by a very nice French owner named David. That's where the good ends. After 8 months of traveling, this is one of the worst run hostels I've been too... The facilities are below average, the beds have springs poke you to sleep (drinking helps) and above all there is no community except for full moon community that engulfs the island for 1 night. For the money this is the biggest let down in 8 months. Yet it's hard to find anything better on the island on full moon beach...

We are really sorry to read your disappointment. After 6 years and 80 full moons, it hurts. Our facilities are laundry, TV, night guard, 2 bars (in and outdoor) + animations, DJs, 3 wifi networks, travel desk, Thai and foreigner staff speaking English, proximity with the beach, deposit boxes...I beg you to tell me what other facilities you need. Motobike rental/souvenir/thai restaurant/massage IN the same street. It could be cool to inform the reception for the bed discomfort, I will check.

The travelers will make or break this hostel. Staff is pushy on expensive parties such as jungle party, that end up being far overpriced compared to the beach only 2 min walk away. Beds are literally mattresses on a large shelf, very little privacy. However the location ia excellent and if your here to party it will be great. Juat know there are cheaper, cleaner hostel options in the area.

The aim of a trip in Koh Phangan is ...to party, and what is wrong to present the local parties? What is a dormitory? Generally shared rooms, bunk beds and possibly with persons from the opposite sex :) We are working hard to launch very soon a new kind of single bed dormitory, mix identical gender, individual bathroom. We will call it a private room :) You came at peak season, which means higher prices in the hotel industry sorry. Fortunately, you like our location, thank you very much.

My boyfriend and I chose the 19 bed dorm room during the full moon party because we wanted to meet people. The 19 beds are actually double beds so there were about 40 people there. It was simply too many people, most of whom were on the prowl and weren't the type of people we were looking to hang out with. If you have a big group who just want a place to crash it's perfect. Otherwise this place isn't for you. The common area was subpar as well so no one hung out there.

"Dancing Elephant is a mixing bowl, you are the ingredients and the recipe is always tasty" We are providing a tool, NOT choosing who is booking. We mistaken 40 VS 19 and you was unhappy(our bad). You didn't like the others travelers we will change them next time... The bar is 2500 sqft, one of the biggest and most beautiful party place in the village. Would you prefer a crappy place? Dancing Elephant is a BACKPACKERS place not a 5 stars hotel...sorry to be what we are: a backpackers hostel.

We stayed here for 5 nights over the full moon party after having so many good recommendations. David the owner is great gave us so much great info about the island and really goes that extra mile to help you. Atmosphere was amazing met some great people! And it is 5 minute walk to the beach. Would definitely stay here again! One of my favourite hostels!

Our stay here was absolutely brilliant; it was low season at the time so slightly more quiet but the atmosphere was still great and the dorm was very sociable. The staff were incredibly helpful and welcoming, Som particularly was so lovely. I would thoroughly recommend staying here!

Great location right next to the full moon beach! friendly staff and amazing bar right next door. I stayed in a private room which was clean and nice and quite so i could easily escape the noisy streets. The hostel had a photographer organised for the parties so you can get great photos of your night. I enjoyed my stay and would happily come again if I ever go to the islands

Perfect place to spend some nights partying and meeting new people. The staff are a very nice family, extremely helpful and friendly. Would stay again if I am in the area.

Great place to party, honestly I think to 40 person room looked nicer and had bigger beds. Like any party hostel it was 90 percent guys, but still a lot of fun

Fantastic place to stay for full moon. Not 5* luxury of course but very social with great bar. Owner really cares about you and can help you with everything. You can sleep as much as you need to as long as you wear ear plugs! Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. If you do you should still use the bar here!

Amazing atmosphere. Great staff and location. Really enjoyed during full moon party.

Absolutely amazing hostel! Great location and the burgers are out of this world ( I had one every day) the owner is an amazing guy and really makes you feel part of the hostel family. Would definitely come back here! Josh

• 1st Sep 2014