Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

stayed here last full moon party and also been staying here many times before when going to koh phangan. All I can say is that i have had some amazing times here. Great location just a few minutes to full moon beach and all the party, but still not to load during the night so you can still sleep good. It's a rly funky looking hostel, great people and a good atmosphere! would really recommend it... also a really good hostel to stay in if you are a solo traveler as me!!

Great hostel, had an amazing time! If I get a chance I will def be back!!

• 18th Mar 2015

Air conditioner flooded entire room. Repair team was in room for a couple hours instead of moving us. Wifi only worked for one day. Zero compensation was offered even after asking.

• 1st Feb 2015

Your air con was flooding...we call the engineer, he came and repaired. What else could I do? We where fully booked so your option to change the room was not possible, get it? We have 4 networks....come closer to the reception and you must catch one.

We booked a private room for 5 nights during the Feb Full Moon Party..it was amazing to have your own room / space for this insane party. Would 100% reccomend spending the extra few bucks for a private. Great atmosphere in the hostel common area Nan is the man! He made us feel so welcome. Book it!

This hostel is owned by a very nice French owner named David. That's where the good ends. After 8 months of traveling, this is one of the worst run hostels I've been too... The facilities are below average, the beds have springs poke you to sleep (drinking helps) and above all there is no community except for full moon community that engulfs the island for 1 night. For the money this is the biggest let down in 8 months. Yet it's hard to find anything better on the island on full moon beach...

We are really sorry to read your disappointment. After 6 years and 80 full moons, it hurts. Our facilities are laundry, TV, night guard, 2 bars (in and outdoor) + animations, DJs, 3 wifi networks, travel desk, Thai and foreigner staff speaking English, proximity with the beach, deposit boxes...I beg you to tell me what other facilities you need. Motobike rental/souvenir/thai restaurant/massage IN the same street. It could be cool to inform the reception for the bed discomfort, I will check.

The travelers will make or break this hostel. Staff is pushy on expensive parties such as jungle party, that end up being far overpriced compared to the beach only 2 min walk away. Beds are literally mattresses on a large shelf, very little privacy. However the location ia excellent and if your here to party it will be great. Juat know there are cheaper, cleaner hostel options in the area.

The aim of a trip in Koh Phangan is ...to party, and what is wrong to present the local parties? What is a dormitory? Generally shared rooms, bunk beds and possibly with persons from the opposite sex :) We are working hard to launch very soon a new kind of single bed dormitory, mix identical gender, individual bathroom. We will call it a private room :) You came at peak season, which means higher prices in the hotel industry sorry. Fortunately, you like our location, thank you very much.

My boyfriend and I chose the 19 bed dorm room during the full moon party because we wanted to meet people. The 19 beds are actually double beds so there were about 40 people there. It was simply too many people, most of whom were on the prowl and weren't the type of people we were looking to hang out with. If you have a big group who just want a place to crash it's perfect. Otherwise this place isn't for you. The common area was subpar as well so no one hung out there.

"Dancing Elephant is a mixing bowl, you are the ingredients and the recipe is always tasty" We are providing a tool, NOT choosing who is booking. We mistaken 40 VS 19 and you was unhappy(our bad). You didn't like the others travelers we will change them next time... The bar is 2500 sqft, one of the biggest and most beautiful party place in the village. Would you prefer a crappy place? Dancing Elephant is a BACKPACKERS place not a 5 stars hotel...sorry to be what we are: a backpackers hostel.

We stayed here for 5 nights over the full moon party after having so many good recommendations. David the owner is great gave us so much great info about the island and really goes that extra mile to help you. Atmosphere was amazing met some great people! And it is 5 minute walk to the beach. Would definitely stay here again! One of my favourite hostels!