Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great locational hostel that is perfect for travellers looking to party and meet a lot of people. The owner (David) takes great care of all his guest and would do anything for you if you have any issue while you are staying there. I highly recommend this hostel and will definitely be booking there for my next full moon party.

• 10th Jul 2014

Security very good considering it's a 40 bed dorm... I would say that 40 people is potentially too many though as you don't get a chance to meet everyone, nevertheless we still enjoyed it. Cleaned a lot and security box at reception. You have boxes under your beds so room is kept quite tidy. Facilities is where it lacked in my opinion, and it was expensive for what it was. good location as well but not enough showers to toilet ratio, although they were clean & larger common room area needed

The Hostel is near to the beach where the Full Monn Party takes Place. You met a lot of nice young people and the warm up Party at the dancing elephant Bar is amazing. The price for a three bed room with air condition was pretty high because of the full moon Party. But the money was a good investion and we do not regret spending our money on that.

• 12th Jun 2014

Nice place to party, not to sleep

As the name suggests it is a party hostel, you want to party go there, I stayed over a week. Sleeping before midnight impossible, but if you want to sleep before midnight go somewhere else. Staff really friendly although not everyone speak English. If you are staying somewhere else but want to party still you are more than welcome.

Our stay at Dancing Elephant was nothing short of fantastic. David, Nanda and Som took phenomenal care of me throughout my stay, and made me feel right at home. They have your best interests at heart, and Dancing Elephant gets the party going every single night with reasonable prices and great people. I travelled alone for a couple of days until my friends arrived, and I met some amazing people. Cannot wait to be back!!!! If you want an amazing Full Moon experience, look no further! -Pablo

• 9th Jun 2014

We stayed for 5 nights over full moon and had the best time. The staff were so helpful and friendly they made it so good! They made sure you had a good pre drinks and set up a dj and drinking games for everyone. It's a 4 minute walk to the beach, surrounded by shops and bars so it's in the perfect location. It was slightly expensive as it was full moon but that was expected and the prices were similar most places. The only thing I would say is they need one more toilet for the 40 bed dorm.

• 9th Jun 2014

A party hostel - nothing more, nothing less. You will have fun, but you might choose to make the 5-night minimum booking and leave right after the full moon party. 40-person dorms was a bit much. Expect loud music to be blasting from morning until the middle of the night.

Great location and nice staff but not the cleanest. Definitely a party environment - avoid this place if you want to sleep a lot

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! David the owner is a legend!

Had an amazing time at this hostel.... Met so many good people it's really nicely decorated and don't be out off by the 40 bed dorm definitely stay in it!!!

Enjoyable, helpful staff

• 12th Apr 2014

The staff were amazing the briefing by David is a must for keeping safe.

Loved this hotel and will defiantly be back again to stay.

• Northern Ireland

Fab hostel and the best hostel to stay at for the full moon party! 5 mins max walk from the full moon party beach. Make sure you book ahead as they get booked up! I had a blast there and the staff are excellent and really go that extra mile for you.

great place to stay !!

The staff were so enthusiastic and such lovely people, plus the location was perfect, just a few minutes walk from the beach where the Full Moon Party was! All I can say is if you like to party, stay here! I travelled alone and had the best experience here and it was really easy to meet people :) Will definately come back to Koh Phangan and stay here again. Party Party!

• 6th Feb 2014