Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

The staff is amazing, and they go out of their way to make sure you have a great time. Im really glad I decided to stay here. If your looking to have an amazing time going out in haad rin I would stay here.

• 22nd Jun 2015

best hostel on the island, amazing staff and a great place to meet people!!!!!

• 22nd Jun 2015

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at in Thailand! The staff was very welcoming and the people were awesome here! It was clean, and a great location right next to the beach! Would stay here again for sure!!

I came for one night and ended up booking in for 2 Full Moons, what more can I say!!!! A really safe place with great security. Its close to everything and you get a good night sleep when the partying is over for the evening. They sell very cheap drinks with specials for the guests, which is always good! A really fun atmosphere with the managers Liam, Johanna and Eddie organising day trips for everyone to do together and telling you what the best parties are at night. Thank you! :) x

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Chile

The owner Eddie and his wife truly make you feel like family.. From the TV room shooting with them and others while chilling watching movies or sharing stories with them while having a drink outside.. I must particularly thank Eddie as I thought I lost wallet and he tore place apart spent hours of his own time drove me to western union ect . wallet was found and Eddie gave this novice solo traveler with tips I still use regard ing money.. Thanks guys, Brian h .

We are so glad your wallet was found with all the money and cards intact!!! It would have wrecked your trip if it didn't. Just to clear up though, i'm not owner, just the manager along with my girlfriend Johanna ;) Thank you so much for the lovely comments. We hope you get on safe and sound without so many disaster in the future.... Remember the bulldog clip trick!

great atmosphere, staff were awesome, very dependant on what people are staying there but most likely chill people!

Best Hostel for the Full Moon!

• 1st Jun 2015

The best party hostel I have ever stayed in. Would definetly recommend to anyone that's up for a party!

• 31st May 2015
  • Scotland

Staff were super cool!! Good music every night and lots of movies to watch whenever you wanted. Good night guard security. Cool hostel activities every day and only 2 mins walk from the full moon beach.

• 30th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Raver of the month!!!

Was here during the full moon and this hostel was the perfect place to meet crazy people and had an unforgettable experience. It's a very social hostel that had funny events all the time! Do not miss the booze cruise where you can mix your own buckets and the beautiful island!

I had an amazing time at dancing elephant, the atmosphere was brilliant, definitely the place for solo travellers to go to meet people and have great parties. The staff were excellent and made you feel just at home. I would definitely go back if I ever get the chance!

• 26th May 2015

Location, staff and atmosphere are the only things I need to highly recomment this hostel for the full moon period in Koh Phangnan. If you're into partying and socializing look no further. The staff is absolutely amazing and very freindly, you can walk anywhere you need in 2 min or less and they give you the craziest nights on the island, hands down. Worth every penny.

• 25th May 2015

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in dozens of hostels and Dancing Elephant is by far the best one. Eddie, Johanna, and Liam are literally the nicest and coolest staff I have ever encountered. They went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and having a blast. They have connections with all the locals so I got a great deal on my diving certification! They arrange activities and parties and just are so welcoming that it really becomes a family! I need to go back!

Had such a brilliant stay at the Dancing Elephant, although it wasn't full moon season we still had some great nights and fun days. Eddie and Johanna were so nice and helped us sort activities, travel and showed us all the best spots on the island. The dorms were clean, sociable and organised, The common area and outside bar were the highlights for us, kicking off more than one silly night in Haad Rin. STAY HERE!!!

• 23rd May 2015

This hostel is crazy! I loved my staying there, people are cool, really easy to meet people, staff is really friendly, and the party is indeed there! if you are looking to party, this is the right place to stay. One more thing that is important to know about this place is that they have the best Buckets in the island. Awesome!

I thought the dancing elephant was an excellent choice for he full moon party. Great location, atmosphere and staff. pretty good facilities, a great bar area to get the full moon started. They run a tiight ship on drugs and security, which I was huge fan of! Also have tickets agent that was upfront and honest. Overall great experience!

• 30th Apr 2015

Had the best time at this hostel! Perfect for full moon, amazing atmosphere and good vibes. In Haadrin, round the corner from 7/11, minutes walk from main streets and beach, but far enough away to get good sleep. Super secure and safe, friendly owners. Great bar with cheap but good buckets! Cute rooms, really fun, lockers, nice place to chill in the day. Would recommend to anyone coming to Koh Phagnan for full moon, good place to meet people so is great for solo travellers like myself! Loved it

• 29th Apr 2015

10/10 HOSTEL! GREAT FOR SOLO TRAVELERS! PERFECT LOCATION! AMAZING STAFF. OUTDOOR SOCIAL BAR! CHEAP STRONG BUCKETS! YEEEEHAR Eddie and Johanna were great hosts, LOVE YOU GUYS, And Liam satisfied all my needs. Lol. Clean and each bed is super private. I LOVE MY DANCING ELEPHANT FAMILY LOVE CHLOE

Dancing elephant is by far our favourite hostel in Thailand. We stayed in the 40 bed dorm during full moon and it's the best decision we made! The guys in charge, Eddie and Johanna, really made the place special! They made sure we had a crazy party for five nights but we've also never had such a good welfare presence, which you need for somewhere like koh phangan. I got ill during our stay and Eddie was like a big brother. Brilliant atmosphere, bar, and great people! We extended our stay.

Words cannot begin to describe how appreciative I am to Eddie and Johanna for such an incredible experience in Koh Phangan. Staying in a 40 person dorm during the FMP did not turn out to be nearly as huge a hassle as I anticipated it would be - I was never concerned about the safety of my belongings because of how much of a priority security was to them. There was a fun activity planned for everyday I and the hostel provided a comfortable and fun environment to meet new people and let loose.