Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

By far one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great vibe, good location, bedrooms and bathrooms clean. An experience made even better by the awesome staff. Joanna, Alex and Eddy keep doing what you're doing, you guys are the best. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I return

Excellent party hostel, great for meeting new people! Location in the heart of Haad Rin just a short stroll to the Full Moon Party! Pre-parties leading up to Full Moon are fun as well so make sure you get there a few days before. Joanna, Eddie, Alex and Davin are super staff and will make sure you have a fun time and are never sober for too long! Drink prices are cheap buckets for about 150 Baht and street parties with a DJ every night what more could you ask for?? I'll be back for sure! :)

Definitely the place you want to stay for the full moon party. The location is amazing unlike other hostels which are further from hadryen so you can just walk everywhere without getting taxis. I had an awesome dorm full of Canadians who were so nice to me when I fell sick two nights before full moon (gotta love em, eh). The nice hostel staff told me this hostel is only open for the full moon parties so you can't argue with the prices when they're only open 9 days of the month.

Amazing! The atmosphere and staff at this hostel are the best i've ever seen! Eddie, the manager, goes out of his way to ensure all the guests have everything they need for their stay in the hostel at ko pha ngnan. The hostel throws the best pre-parties in haadrin with a live dj and bar. The staff even helps you find your way to any party or even your next destination. I only wish the rooms had locks. I didn't like random people walking in looking for their friends.

This hostel is the only place to stay for full moon. 40 bed I admit was sceptical as anyone would be but was amazing as I came travelling on my own and met so many people that I have met after at different locations. The hostel is perfect for what you need. Staff always helpful any questions at anytime and they will help you. The hostel has the best atmosphere for drinking most nights it's better than where you end up. If your doing full moon you should stay here.

• 20th Jan 2016

This is the best place we stayed in thailand, the staff were brilliant, great party atmosphere, met some amazing people, this is the place to stay for the best full moon experience

• 20th Jan 2016

Must stay here. Best party hostel i have ever been too. You are part of the family :)

Had the most amazing time. Made some lifelong friends and partied hard. Staff were AMAZING!!! Buckets were AMAZING!!! Nights out and atmosphere was AMAZING!!! I'll be back soon enough. The only place to stay on KOH PHANGAN!

Was an awesome stay!!! It was perfect location close to everything I wanted to be near (especially the full moon party). The island really dies after the party so that's kind of annoying but the people you meet at the hostel make it awesome anyway!! You really need to be there to party cause there's street parties every night!!

One of the best parties I've ever had in my life! Top place...

• 7th Jan 2016

Staff are wonderful and go out of their way to make you feel at home. Only complaint is that the (spring) mattress was extremely uncomfortable, almost impossible to sleep on - and I'm not fussy when it comes to that kind of thing, but it really may be time for a mattress change!

• 30th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

So we took a little look into your bed... We noticed that you weren't given a spring mattress but a brand new one? Although when I came up to do my morning inspection of the dorms, you seemed to be never sleeping on your bed. In fact you were bunking with another male guest on a different mattress, perhaps it was not the springs poking you and keeping you up at night ;) ;) We do regularly change old mattresses and have since changed his mattress. We do tell you at the beginning, that any problem we will sort for you. If you had asked us we would have moved you two love birds to a double so you really could have gone for it.

Party hostel which is located near the beach. Seems to be one of the biggest party hostels there. I slept in a room with 39 other people. SOunds massive but it was good. The room is designed good so I didn't had the feeling that there were 40 people inside. Lockers are in another building where you also can order food. Not the safest place to be honest.

Definitely THE NO.1 place to stay on the island! The hostel is as social as it comes! Everyone gets to know each other, pre drinking parties every night!! The staff are more like fellow travelers than anything else, they were fantastic for helping us out, giving advice and also making our partying as good as it was!!! Would not recommend any other hostel! Best place I've stayed!!!

Spent both christmas day full moon and new years here, even though it is expensive I think it was definitely worth it. Met the most amazing people and had a great week of crazy partying! If/when I am coming back I'll stay here for sure!

I stayed here for 8 nights over Christmas and New Years as a solo traveller (definitely didn't feel solo, lots of new friends!!) You would think that with over a weeks partying it would be a struggle but the team at the dancing elephant made it effortless. The atmosphere is amazing!! I stayed in the 40 share dorm and it was the best experience in my life. I recommend the 40share (great air con!) I love you guys and I definitely will recommend everyone to stay here. I'll be back!! Thank you!!!

Johanna is the best ;) and Nine and Joe are cool my medal-producing, mask-keeping bartenders

Dancing Elephant staff are great, all very very helpful and top people and 100% helped to make the stay and atmosphere in mine and my friends 10 day stay there over Xmas and NYE. This is 100% a party hostel, but there was always security. Location in Haad Rin is great as it's only a few minutes off the beach. The street party goes off as well. However and this is not down to any of the staff I think for the money you are paying over the period the facilities could do with some investment.

We are really glad to see you had a great time with us for New Year. To make a few things clear New Year is an incredibly expensive time of year all over the world. Over the last few months about 500'000THB has gone back into the place to get it all ready for new year. What you pay for is one of the best parties you will have in your life, the constant support from staff, the 24/7 cleaners, DJs. This review has actually made us feel quite sad as I personally check on every aspect of the hostel

I went to Dancing Elephant with my friend for the week of christmas and we had an amazing time. The hostel was in a great location close to two different beaches. All the staff members were a pleasure and so was the room. It got cleaned daily and there was security at night so only people who were staying at Dancing Elephant could get in. We had a great time and would recoment anyone who is looking for a good time to stay here!

• 22nd Dec 2015

If you are coming to Ko Pha Ngan for the full moon party and are looking for a ridiculously fun and action packed few days, Dancing Elephant is the place to stay. all the staff do such a superb job in looking after everyone, and making sure everyone is having fun, and making sure you are all set up for all the parties. They have been here for a while so they know everything inside out. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. I would recommend the largest dorm, more people = more banter!!!

• 21st Dec 2015

Best hostel for meeting people and the staff are great. Dorm rooms are very very basic so don't expect much. However the people you meet and party atmosphere more than makes up for it.

• 21st Dec 2015

- The dorms are quite basic but you will find most hostel are to, they are for sleeping in. It's not a 5* hotel. So no, don't expect a luxury suite when you come here. We provide sheets, pillows, blankets, towels, balconies and so on and the rooms are always cleaned several times a day. You failed to mention the good stuff, a street party with a different DJ every night, pro lighting, free xmas dinner, amazing common rooms To future guests expect a lot more than has been explained in this review.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4