Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Such an amazing hostel. The best so far. Such an amazing atmosphere, the staff are friendly, helpful and join in with all the fun. The beds are comfortable, everywhere is clean. Security is amazing. Lockers. Any questions the staff are more than happy to help. They even tell you the best places to eat. I love it, so much so we have extended for at least 7 days.

I stayed for the half moon, best place around!!! Had a really busy bar for a warm up party. Organized all our tickets for getting to Koh Tao. They also got us a great deal diving! We are coming back for the Full Moon Party if you like it or not, haha!!! Thank you Johanna, Liam and Eddie! Cya you soon

• 23rd Jul 2015

I came here for just 1 night, but decided to stay an extra 4 days to do the Halfmoon Party. This hostel has such a special character with an lovely atmosphere that attracts amazing travellers! The managers are so funny and helpful, and will give u the best time possible here. They always try to get everyone involved getting to know each other, showing us the best places and parties to go to. If I only had more time in Thailand I would def stay here for Fullmoon aswell. Such an amazing hostel!!

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Stayed at the Dancing Elephant for the Full Moon Party. Couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere! Perfect location from the beach with a great social scene. The staff was very helpful and brought a lot of energy to every hostel activity. Highly recommend this place for backpackers heading to the Full Moon Beach

Dancing Elephant was crazy to stay for full moon! Security was good but the lockers aren't in your room. Only two working bathrooms for the 40 person dorm. Crazy parties every night right outside your door which were so fun, such a good pre game spot. 2 minute walk to the full moon beach. Special shoutout to Liam who made our stay unforgettable! Hostel was definitely way overpriced.. But then again everything is for full moon.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologise again to you about the leak in the third bathroom that was coming in from our neighbour upstairs. We worked with our them all of last month to repair this issue but obviously it did not succeed. As soon as we could, we started work to build a new celling stoping all issues once and for all. Our lockers are not kept in dorms because we want them under CCTV and who would like to have CCTV watching all the fun that happens in the dorm ;)

Very good hostel if you like to party and don't mind sharing with 20-40 people! We stayed 5 nights and only went out to party on three of those nights. The other two nights were spent trying to sleep but it was impossible because of the blaring music outside! Great atmosphere though. Security in one of the dorms was practically zero... Anyone could walk in off the street. We had wristbands to say we were staying there but no one ever checked them. Lockers available in a separate dorm though.

Dancing Elephant has the friendliest staff and best party atmosphere of any hostel I have stayed in so far in Thailand. The location is right next to the beach and they hold the best street party around. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Koh Phangan. Will be very sad to leave.

• 26th Jun 2015

The staff is amazing, and they go out of their way to make sure you have a great time. Im really glad I decided to stay here. If your looking to have an amazing time going out in haad rin I would stay here.

• 22nd Jun 2015

best hostel on the island, amazing staff and a great place to meet people!!!!!

• 22nd Jun 2015

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at in Thailand! The staff was very welcoming and the people were awesome here! It was clean, and a great location right next to the beach! Would stay here again for sure!!

Absolutely loved the Dancing Elephant. Wasn't sure about Koh Phangan from what I've heard so only booked in for one night. Ended up loving it and stayed for about two weeks. Eddie and Johanna were fantastic and with in no time I felt that I was part of the family. Great parties and the street bar they have is one of the best of Asia. So much more to this island then everyone says as well. If you are looking for a fun party place that is clean and homely then this is place to stay!!

Great hostel, really enjoyed my stay and met a lot of good people.Good social area, great street parties & friendly staff. Good music, good atmosphere, nice birds and top lads.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

I came for one night and ended up booking in for 2 Full Moons, what more can I say!!!! A really safe place with great security. Its close to everything and you get a good night sleep when the partying is over for the evening. They sell very cheap drinks with specials for the guests, which is always good! A really fun atmosphere with the managers Liam, Johanna and Eddie organising day trips for everyone to do together and telling you what the best parties are at night. Thank you! :) x

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Chile

The owner Eddie and his wife truly make you feel like family.. From the TV room shooting with them and others while chilling watching movies or sharing stories with them while having a drink outside.. I must particularly thank Eddie as I thought I lost wallet and he tore place apart spent hours of his own time drove me to western union ect . wallet was found and Eddie gave this novice solo traveler with tips I still use regard ing money.. Thanks guys, Brian h .

We are so glad your wallet was found with all the money and cards intact!!! It would have wrecked your trip if it didn't. Just to clear up though, i'm not owner, just the manager along with my girlfriend Johanna ;) Thank you so much for the lovely comments. We hope you get on safe and sound without so many disaster in the future.... Remember the bulldog clip trick!

great atmosphere, staff were awesome, very dependant on what people are staying there but most likely chill people!

Best Hostel for the Full Moon!

• 1st Jun 2015

The best party hostel I have ever stayed in. Would definetly recommend to anyone that's up for a party!

• 31st May 2015
  • Scotland

Staff were super cool!! Good music every night and lots of movies to watch whenever you wanted. Good night guard security. Cool hostel activities every day and only 2 mins walk from the full moon beach.

• 30th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Raver of the month!!!

Was here during the full moon and this hostel was the perfect place to meet crazy people and had an unforgettable experience. It's a very social hostel that had funny events all the time! Do not miss the booze cruise where you can mix your own buckets and the beautiful island!

I had an amazing time at dancing elephant, the atmosphere was brilliant, definitely the place for solo travellers to go to meet people and have great parties. The staff were excellent and made you feel just at home. I would definitely go back if I ever get the chance!

• 26th May 2015