Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

My boyfriend and I chose the 19 bed dorm room during the full moon party because we wanted to meet people. The 19 beds are actually double beds so there were about 40 people there. It was simply too many people, most of whom were on the prowl and weren't the type of people we were looking to hang out with. If you have a big group who just want a place to crash it's perfect. Otherwise this place isn't for you. The common area was subpar as well so no one hung out there.

"Dancing Elephant is a mixing bowl, you are the ingredients and the recipe is always tasty" We are providing a tool, NOT choosing who is booking. We mistaken 40 VS 19 and you was unhappy(our bad). You didn't like the others travelers we will change them next time... The bar is 2500 sqft, one of the biggest and most beautiful party place in the village. Would you prefer a crappy place? Dancing Elephant is a BACKPACKERS place not a 5 stars hotel...sorry to be what we are: a backpackers hostel.

We stayed here for 5 nights over the full moon party after having so many good recommendations. David the owner is great gave us so much great info about the island and really goes that extra mile to help you. Atmosphere was amazing met some great people! And it is 5 minute walk to the beach. Would definitely stay here again! One of my favourite hostels!

Our stay here was absolutely brilliant; it was low season at the time so slightly more quiet but the atmosphere was still great and the dorm was very sociable. The staff were incredibly helpful and welcoming, Som particularly was so lovely. I would thoroughly recommend staying here!

Great location right next to the full moon beach! friendly staff and amazing bar right next door. I stayed in a private room which was clean and nice and quite so i could easily escape the noisy streets. The hostel had a photographer organised for the parties so you can get great photos of your night. I enjoyed my stay and would happily come again if I ever go to the islands

Perfect place to spend some nights partying and meeting new people. The staff are a very nice family, extremely helpful and friendly. Would stay again if I am in the area.

Great place to party, honestly I think to 40 person room looked nicer and had bigger beds. Like any party hostel it was 90 percent guys, but still a lot of fun

Fantastic place to stay for full moon. Not 5* luxury of course but very social with great bar. Owner really cares about you and can help you with everything. You can sleep as much as you need to as long as you wear ear plugs! Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. If you do you should still use the bar here!

Amazing atmosphere. Great staff and location. Really enjoyed during full moon party.

Absolutely amazing hostel! Great location and the burgers are out of this world ( I had one every day) the owner is an amazing guy and really makes you feel part of the hostel family. Would definitely come back here! Josh

• 1st Sep 2014

David (the manager) made us feel so welcome and safe when we got there. He gave us advice and tips during our stay. The atmosphere at the hostel was amazing. Best place to stay, especially if you are here for the full moon party!

• 8th Aug 2014

Could have done with another bathroom in the dorm and it was annoying that we got locked out of the dorm rooms just before the main party's so we had to predrink at the bar. But other than that fantastic atmosphere ran by a lovely family and lovely staff. Great chill out room with movies on all day for those hangover days or when it's raining. Would definitely recommend it to anyone and would definitely stay there again.

Our stay at the dancing elephant was such a blast ! David the owner and his family and staff are amazing, they made us feel so welcome! The atmosphere was great, all the people are so social and everyone is welcome to join in have a couple of beers or play some drinking games. Location was very good not in the middle of phangang crazyness only 2 minute walk from full moon beach ! Can recommend the dancing elephant to everyone who wants to party and just have a good time :)

An awesome hostel if you want to get the most out of your full moon experience. David (the owner) truly cares about everyone who stays at the hostel, and goes out of his way to make you feel welcome and enjoy your experience. I met such an awesome group of people which made my stay wonderful. The hostel is less than a 5 minute walk from the beach, and drinks were relatively cheap compared to other places in Haad Rin. I wouldn't imagine staying anywhere else on Koh Phagnan, unless you value sleep

• 6th Aug 2014

On arrival we were made to feel so welcome by the owner David, who genuinely cares about all the travellers staying there. This hostel is great for people travelling both in groups or individually as you get to meet so many people, especially being in the 40 bed dorm! The hostel caters well for full moon goers and the parties are amazing, I would definitely recommend staying here and wouldn't hesitate staying here again!

Great locational hostel that is perfect for travellers looking to party and meet a lot of people. The owner (David) takes great care of all his guest and would do anything for you if you have any issue while you are staying there. I highly recommend this hostel and will definitely be booking there for my next full moon party.

• 10th Jul 2014

Security very good considering it's a 40 bed dorm... I would say that 40 people is potentially too many though as you don't get a chance to meet everyone, nevertheless we still enjoyed it. Cleaned a lot and security box at reception. You have boxes under your beds so room is kept quite tidy. Facilities is where it lacked in my opinion, and it was expensive for what it was. good location as well but not enough showers to toilet ratio, although they were clean & larger common room area needed