Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Perfect place to spend some nights partying and meeting new people. The staff are a very nice family, extremely helpful and friendly. Would stay again if I am in the area.

• 8th Sep 2014

Fantastic place to stay for full moon. Not 5* luxury of course but very social with great bar. Owner really cares about you and can help you with everything. You can sleep as much as you need to as long as you wear ear plugs! Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. If you do you should still use the bar here!

• 5th Sep 2014

Amazing atmosphere. Great staff and location. Really enjoyed during full moon party.

Absolutely amazing hostel! Great location and the burgers are out of this world ( I had one every day) the owner is an amazing guy and really makes you feel part of the hostel family. Would definitely come back here! Josh

• 1st Sep 2014

David (the manager) made us feel so welcome and safe when we got there. He gave us advice and tips during our stay. The atmosphere at the hostel was amazing. Best place to stay, especially if you are here for the full moon party!

• 8th Aug 2014

Could have done with another bathroom in the dorm and it was annoying that we got locked out of the dorm rooms just before the main party's so we had to predrink at the bar. But other than that fantastic atmosphere ran by a lovely family and lovely staff. Great chill out room with movies on all day for those hangover days or when it's raining. Would definitely recommend it to anyone and would definitely stay there again.

Our stay at the dancing elephant was such a blast ! David the owner and his family and staff are amazing, they made us feel so welcome! The atmosphere was great, all the people are so social and everyone is welcome to join in have a couple of beers or play some drinking games. Location was very good not in the middle of phangang crazyness only 2 minute walk from full moon beach ! Can recommend the dancing elephant to everyone who wants to party and just have a good time :)

An awesome hostel if you want to get the most out of your full moon experience. David (the owner) truly cares about everyone who stays at the hostel, and goes out of his way to make you feel welcome and enjoy your experience. I met such an awesome group of people which made my stay wonderful. The hostel is less than a 5 minute walk from the beach, and drinks were relatively cheap compared to other places in Haad Rin. I wouldn't imagine staying anywhere else on Koh Phagnan, unless you value sleep

• 6th Aug 2014

On arrival we were made to feel so welcome by the owner David, who genuinely cares about all the travellers staying there. This hostel is great for people travelling both in groups or individually as you get to meet so many people, especially being in the 40 bed dorm! The hostel caters well for full moon goers and the parties are amazing, I would definitely recommend staying here and wouldn't hesitate staying here again!

Great locational hostel that is perfect for travellers looking to party and meet a lot of people. The owner (David) takes great care of all his guest and would do anything for you if you have any issue while you are staying there. I highly recommend this hostel and will definitely be booking there for my next full moon party.

• 10th Jul 2014

Security very good considering it's a 40 bed dorm... I would say that 40 people is potentially too many though as you don't get a chance to meet everyone, nevertheless we still enjoyed it. Cleaned a lot and security box at reception. You have boxes under your beds so room is kept quite tidy. Facilities is where it lacked in my opinion, and it was expensive for what it was. good location as well but not enough showers to toilet ratio, although they were clean & larger common room area needed

The Hostel is near to the beach where the Full Monn Party takes Place. You met a lot of nice young people and the warm up Party at the dancing elephant Bar is amazing. The price for a three bed room with air condition was pretty high because of the full moon Party. But the money was a good investion and we do not regret spending our money on that.

• 12th Jun 2014

Nice place to party, not to sleep

As the name suggests it is a party hostel, you want to party go there, I stayed over a week. Sleeping before midnight impossible, but if you want to sleep before midnight go somewhere else. Staff really friendly although not everyone speak English. If you are staying somewhere else but want to party still you are more than welcome.

Our stay at Dancing Elephant was nothing short of fantastic. David, Nanda and Som took phenomenal care of me throughout my stay, and made me feel right at home. They have your best interests at heart, and Dancing Elephant gets the party going every single night with reasonable prices and great people. I travelled alone for a couple of days until my friends arrived, and I met some amazing people. Cannot wait to be back!!!! If you want an amazing Full Moon experience, look no further! -Pablo

• 9th Jun 2014

We stayed for 5 nights over full moon and had the best time. The staff were so helpful and friendly they made it so good! They made sure you had a good pre drinks and set up a dj and drinking games for everyone. It's a 4 minute walk to the beach, surrounded by shops and bars so it's in the perfect location. It was slightly expensive as it was full moon but that was expected and the prices were similar most places. The only thing I would say is they need one more toilet for the 40 bed dorm.

• 9th Jun 2014

A party hostel - nothing more, nothing less. You will have fun, but you might choose to make the 5-night minimum booking and leave right after the full moon party. 40-person dorms was a bit much. Expect loud music to be blasting from morning until the middle of the night.

Great location and nice staff but not the cleanest. Definitely a party environment - avoid this place if you want to sleep a lot

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! David the owner is a legend!

Had an amazing time at this hostel.... Met so many good people it's really nicely decorated and don't be out off by the 40 bed dorm definitely stay in it!!!

• 12th Apr 2014