Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Best hostel for meeting people and the staff are great. Dorm rooms are very very basic so don't expect much. However the people you meet and party atmosphere more than makes up for it.

• 21st Dec 2015

- The dorms are quite basic but you will find most hostel are to, they are for sleeping in. It's not a 5* hotel. So no, don't expect a luxury suite when you come here. We provide sheets, pillows, blankets, towels, balconies and so on and the rooms are always cleaned several times a day. You failed to mention the good stuff, a street party with a different DJ every night, pro lighting, free xmas dinner, amazing common rooms To future guests expect a lot more than has been explained in this review.

First thoughts when seeing the beds in this hostel weren't great.. However this hostel has such an amazing atmosphere.. Being in koh phangan, all you need a bed for is a few hours sleep a night.. Perfect location, right by the full moon beach, amazing staff who get involved with everything. Would 100% recommend this to anyone who's up for a fun time!

The people that run this place are the best couldn't have asked for a better stay. Also location is unbeatable!

Great hostel Great atmosphere will stay here every time I'm on the island.

Great location great staff very helpful great atsomohere

• 19th Dec 2015

Best party hostel in koh Phangan. The atmosphere is amazing and you meet so many people, The street is packed out at night with people drinking and dancing with Eddies speakers booming! The managers Eddie and Johanna make you feel right at home and have all the local knowledge! Second time staying here and will defiantly not be my last !

• 19th Dec 2015

Had another amazing stay here my favourite hostel I've been to. The atmosphere is amazing and the staff are incredible! Staying here guarantees that you will have an awesome time and I look forward to being back here for another full moon. Big thanks to Eddie, Johanna, Alex and Joe.

I've stayed at dancing elephant twice in three months now and wouldn't stay anywhere else if I went back, Best party hostel I've ever stayed in and all he staff especially Eddie and Joanna do everything hey can for you! Met some amazing people there who I am now travelling australia with!

• 22nd Nov 2015

Hands down the best hostel to stay at for the Full Moon Party if you love to be at the centre of all the partying. Awesome staff, Eddie, Joanna and Alex are some of the nicest people i've met. Will definitely be booking here again when i'm back for another FMP!

The most social and fun hostel in Thailand so far. Chill out all day, then party every night. The closest hostel to the Full Moon Beach and the beautiful Leela Beach is 5 minutes away. Excellent staff that can't help you enough with fantastic local knowledge.

When I booked Dancing Elephant I was very skeptical as it was so cheap. I arrived and had the warmest welcome ever! I instantly felt like part of the family. Eddie, Johanna, Alex and Davin (absolute legends) were very informative and explained the area and half-moon/full moon tickets etc. The 15 bed mixed dorm was spotless and the beds were really comfortable. Drinks from the dancing elephant bar were mega cheap at 150 baht for a bucket? I highly recommend Dancing Elephant to anyone.

this is by far the best hostel I've stayed at! I stayed here for full moon in September and had to come back in November. Would not stay anywhere else. The staff were what made this hostel so good! Amazing DJ's, atmosphere and party! I will definatly be back, thanks for an amazing time!

• 17th Nov 2015

This is the second time I have been to dancing elephant and certainly not the last!! This is by far the best hostel I've stayed at and I would put that down to mainly the staff! Eddy and Johanna were absolutely brilliant both times and I couldn't thank you enough. Joe and Alex deserve a huge thank you too!

Had an amazing time thank you for making it the best hostel ever.

• 17th Nov 2015

What can I say.. This is THE best hostel in Thailand, the staff are absolutely fantastic and go out of there way to make your stay the best. If you're on koh phangan for a party then staying here is a must, they throw the sickest pre party every night right outside your door. See you next year guys!

My stay in Dancing Elephant hostel was more than wonderful .All the team it s super friendly , they help me with everything i needed , we party together , we make a lot of activities and get a real fun . Now they are more than friends i feel them like family ......

Excellent location only a few minutes walk from full moon beach, if you value your sleep don't bother staying at this hostel as you won't be doing much sleeping ! Staff are great and pre drinks outside the hostel in the street are always good ! This place is really secure - one of the best I've stayed in and the toilets are always clean, nothing to complain about

The place to be for full moon. Although a cheap set up for the price, basically one big bed for five people, not enough outlets and the wifi was nonexistent. But felt really clean despite the circumstances, the staff did a bang up job there. The atmosphere is great. But just to be warned, if you want to sleep go somewhere else, but that's not why you go to full moon either. You pay for the atmosphere and it's worth it.

Was pretty expensive. Our dorms were locked all the time which was nice to prevent theft but the far dorm should have had a door man instead of shackling the door shut..once you were inside you had no way to get back out not very safe!! Staff were all great and I did have a good time here

• 24th Oct 2015

Awesome place to spend the full moon party. The five day minimum seems like a drag when you book but it's exactly what you want. Everyone comes together over the five days and you end up making some great relationships with people from all over. The parties at the hostel are better than almost all the full moon parties and you get to pregame it with folks you know. Also, the location is perfect with Haad Rin around the corner and My Friends Restaurant (epic!) down the street. Come here!