Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel Reviews

95/16 Moo 6, Haadrin Village, Baantai,Suratthani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Best Hostel for the Full Moon!

• 1st Jun 2015

The best party hostel I have ever stayed in. Would definetly recommend to anyone that's up for a party!

• 31st May 2015
  • Scotland

Staff were super cool!! Good music every night and lots of movies to watch whenever you wanted. Good night guard security. Cool hostel activities every day and only 2 mins walk from the full moon beach.

• 30th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Raver of the month!!!

Was here during the full moon and this hostel was the perfect place to meet crazy people and had an unforgettable experience. It's a very social hostel that had funny events all the time! Do not miss the booze cruise where you can mix your own buckets and the beautiful island!

I had an amazing time at dancing elephant, the atmosphere was brilliant, definitely the place for solo travellers to go to meet people and have great parties. The staff were excellent and made you feel just at home. I would definitely go back if I ever get the chance!

• 26th May 2015

Location, staff and atmosphere are the only things I need to highly recomment this hostel for the full moon period in Koh Phangnan. If you're into partying and socializing look no further. The staff is absolutely amazing and very freindly, you can walk anywhere you need in 2 min or less and they give you the craziest nights on the island, hands down. Worth every penny.

• 25th May 2015

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in dozens of hostels and Dancing Elephant is by far the best one. Eddie, Johanna, and Liam are literally the nicest and coolest staff I have ever encountered. They went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and having a blast. They have connections with all the locals so I got a great deal on my diving certification! They arrange activities and parties and just are so welcoming that it really becomes a family! I need to go back!

Had such a brilliant stay at the Dancing Elephant, although it wasn't full moon season we still had some great nights and fun days. Eddie and Johanna were so nice and helped us sort activities, travel and showed us all the best spots on the island. The dorms were clean, sociable and organised, The common area and outside bar were the highlights for us, kicking off more than one silly night in Haad Rin. STAY HERE!!!

• 23rd May 2015

This hostel is crazy! I loved my staying there, people are cool, really easy to meet people, staff is really friendly, and the party is indeed there! if you are looking to party, this is the right place to stay. One more thing that is important to know about this place is that they have the best Buckets in the island. Awesome!

I thought the dancing elephant was an excellent choice for he full moon party. Great location, atmosphere and staff. pretty good facilities, a great bar area to get the full moon started. They run a tiight ship on drugs and security, which I was huge fan of! Also have tickets agent that was upfront and honest. Overall great experience!

• 30th Apr 2015

Had the best time at this hostel! Perfect for full moon, amazing atmosphere and good vibes. In Haadrin, round the corner from 7/11, minutes walk from main streets and beach, but far enough away to get good sleep. Super secure and safe, friendly owners. Great bar with cheap but good buckets! Cute rooms, really fun, lockers, nice place to chill in the day. Would recommend to anyone coming to Koh Phagnan for full moon, good place to meet people so is great for solo travellers like myself! Loved it

• 29th Apr 2015

10/10 HOSTEL! GREAT FOR SOLO TRAVELERS! PERFECT LOCATION! AMAZING STAFF. OUTDOOR SOCIAL BAR! CHEAP STRONG BUCKETS! YEEEEHAR Eddie and Johanna were great hosts, LOVE YOU GUYS, And Liam satisfied all my needs. Lol. Clean and each bed is super private. I LOVE MY DANCING ELEPHANT FAMILY LOVE CHLOE

Dancing elephant is by far our favourite hostel in Thailand. We stayed in the 40 bed dorm during full moon and it's the best decision we made! The guys in charge, Eddie and Johanna, really made the place special! They made sure we had a crazy party for five nights but we've also never had such a good welfare presence, which you need for somewhere like koh phangan. I got ill during our stay and Eddie was like a big brother. Brilliant atmosphere, bar, and great people! We extended our stay.

Words cannot begin to describe how appreciative I am to Eddie and Johanna for such an incredible experience in Koh Phangan. Staying in a 40 person dorm during the FMP did not turn out to be nearly as huge a hassle as I anticipated it would be - I was never concerned about the safety of my belongings because of how much of a priority security was to them. There was a fun activity planned for everyday I and the hostel provided a comfortable and fun environment to meet new people and let loose.

stayed here last full moon party and also been staying here many times before when going to koh phangan. All I can say is that i have had some amazing times here. Great location just a few minutes to full moon beach and all the party, but still not to load during the night so you can still sleep good. It's a rly funky looking hostel, great people and a good atmosphere! would really recommend it... also a really good hostel to stay in if you are a solo traveler as me!!

Great hostel, had an amazing time! If I get a chance I will def be back!!

• 18th Mar 2015