Danhostel Copenhagen Bellahøj Reviews

Herbergvejen 8, 2700 Brønshøj, Copenhagen, Denmark

Nice Hostel, well run, considering the amount of children around (i have no problem with children). My only complaint would be that as a cyclist i did not think it was very well signposted. Also, as a member of International Hostels and Scottish Youth Hostels I found it odd that when i enquired about discount, i was told i should have booked it on there site? Why was that not made clear on the website i did book it on?

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Overall a basic, decent hostel experience, could've been a better location atmosphere but overall decent

• 18th Jun 2015

This hostel is 4km out of the centre but we stayed due to the free parking. Having said that we got the tram to and from town each day which was very easy and we did walk it once too which was actually very pleasant. The breakfast is GREAT! and the hostel has a nice atmosphere, the staff we spoke to were helpful and there is regular cleaning.

In the emails I got from the hostel, it said we needed to bring or rent "bed sheets". We took sheets, but once there, we were told we also needed some sort of cover for the duvet and pillow, and forced us to pay for it. However, in the email this was not clarified, it should be more specific. I intentionally brought my own sheets so I didn't have to pay extra, and in the end was forced to pay anyway, when it wasn't even my fault, but I was given no choice.

• 15th May 2015
  • Argentina

Quite good breakfast. Showers and sanitary facilities where clean.

• 16th Apr 2015

We had some help from the A line bus drivers before we figured out which direction to take the A2 bus to get the hostel. It gave our group a nice introduction to the kindness of strangers in Copenhagen. We were very pleased with the cooking facilities and our room's beautiful view of the pond from our window.

• 4th Apr 2015

Not very well located but it's okay for the price. The staff is friendly but I strongly recommend asking in advance for the name of the nearest bus stop (about 2 blocks away) and the number of the bus and the name of the direction the bus drives to the hostel as also the one to the city center (they are long complicated names for the non-danish speakers like me). The opening times of the lobby are quite reduced and impractical 3-6 pm, & the power outlets aren't near the beds. Breakfast is okay.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

They really should use Euros as a valid currency at the hostel. Danish kron sucks. Vending machines are just useful with coins, no chance to buy something by card.