Danhostel Copenhagen City Reviews

H.C.Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen, Denmark

Danhostel was fine, good location between tivoli etc. and christianhavn. We had a huge room, they had overbooked or something and had given our twin room away, so they gave us a room with a double bed and two bunks and no-one else! However, the room was really hot, even though it was only tops of 18•C, and they had this stupid sensor light in the bathroom which kept going off and couldn't sense if you were having a shower! Very annoying.

Good Location with average staff which is always too busy to help... We had to pay to put our baggage in a room with a sign on it saying: " No liability for the storage room" why do I have to pay for an unsecured room ?!

Although it is considered as the biggest hostel in Europe, they manage to have a very clean and tidy envorinment and the security through locking cards seems to be ok. Also, the location is very good. The only thing is that the kitchen is quite small, so dinner time is a bit crowded and sometimes there are queues for the stove and the sink.

I've stayed here for 4 days. It was very big and good place to stay. It is like modern dormitory. Staff is great and helpfull, I've asked for early check-in and they've just helped me. It is a big building that you can sometimes wait long for elevator, and room's bathroom not very clean every time, because 12 people is using. Facilities like kitchen, bar, locker room, free walking tour and pub crawl is great. You shouldn't miss any of them. It is way more expensive but It's Denmark, so normal.

Big, bland, generic and expensive for what it offers. The location isn't great, although there are nice views of the river from the rooms. Everything was very clean. Beware of the 2.75% credit card fee, and bring your own linens.

Expensive but its nicer than the usual hostel. Make you pay to rent bed sheets which is pretty average. Good kitchen and laundry

Extremely good location. In walking distance to the town centre, Christiania, the amusement park and pretty much everything else that is situated in Copenhagen. Over all a very good experience. No hick-ups, what so ever.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Norway

beautiful view of the city from the hostel room

I did not like that the bed sheets and towel are not included in the price, and that the breakfast is not very vegetarian/vegan friendly. Everything else was excellent!

Great hostel with everything you need.

A nice hostel. However, I was quite disappointed with the additional charge for bed linens, which I found quite high.

Generally good comments, however Copenhagen is an expensive city to visit and this hostel this was quite expensive on price compared to others we have stayed in capital cities. The room was clean and compact and a short 10 min walk to the train station. Linen pack was extra, as was luggage storage and food was street restaurant prices, no soaps, no air con and windows opened on 24hr street traffic noise.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A very nice hostel, and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was an awesome atmosphere with so many people there coming and going, and I'd certainly stay again if I was travelling to Copenhagen. A little annoying that you had to pay extra for quite a few things if you needed them, but then it's not the cheapest city. Overall; very impressed.

• 30th Jun 2014

A great place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Industrial scale hostel. It may be the biggest hostel in Europe, but certainly not the best.. Its starts as cheap, but these guy charge you for everything; sheets, breakfast, even luggage storage (never been charged for that before, very petty). The size means there is little sign of vibe or personality at this place. In a place as expensive as Copenhagen you have little choice for budget options, so these places don't need to make much effort.

put in a 6 person room as a single for 4 nights. I wished to extend by one day, they made me pack up, go back to luggage storage, come out again. AM staff member acted as if I should have been thrilled by 6 person room, why would I object to downsizing. I didn't. I just wanted to move directly from the room to any room and skip the luggage room bit. He could have I know, you couldn't have possible been at capacity that night cause there weren't people around. I always object to control freaks.

Best staff ever! Excellent breakfast...

Great location, clean room, good value - loved the table tennis in the basement!

• 14th Jun 2014

Good location, nice view from the 15th floor. Very helpfull staff. Good stay, clean guest kitchen.

Wonderful location and good breakfast. The linens and towels are a bit expensive, but the rooms are spacious and very clean. Great place and good walking distance to a lot of place!