Danhostel Copenhagen City Reviews

H.C.Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen, Denmark

Good location. Staff are grand. Room was nice. Little or no facilities at the moment and this has a direct affect on the atmosphere.

Good experience: clean room, toilet and shower, friendly staff, central position. Bad: Someone opened the door of my room without any knocking and for no reason:They realized someone was inside and closed the door rightaway so I couldn't see who it was. I couldn't lock the door from the inside so I didn't feel very comfortable, but it didn't happened anymore. please note the hostel is making some works in progress and the ground floor looks more like a building site than the hall of a hostel.

Wifi was not working. A lot of construction going on. Poor facilities, no place to meet other travelers. Nothing fun, just a place to sleep, bedroom and shower were nice and clean.

It was under construction while I stayed here so severely lacked atmosphere. Also the staff seemed very unhappy about their jobs. Sheets were 65 kr and you werent allowed to bring your own. But the room and bathroom were very clean and the bed was comfy.

This hostel was functional but that's it. They charge for everything additional (breakfast, sheets, towels, hairdryer, luggage storeage after check out) so the low price is misleading. The staff on reception were very unfriendly, especially the girls - they didn't smile and made no effort to seem friendly or helpful. The hostel is under construction so no communal social space. The location was good.

It is a wonderful hostel, very nice, quiet and clean. The view is amazing. The only bad thing is that it is a little expensive and you have to pay an extra for everything... but this hostel is worth the price.

Very loud kids partying all night during our visit...

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

One of the best hostels in Europe for sure

Very good hostel, very clean, good location, good kitchen. I'd recommend it!

Unfortunatly during my stay there were work in progress, so bar and commons rooms were closed. However, in my opinion, the Hostel is too big to have a charming atmpsphere. But it work well, is clean and safe and people working there are really kind.

they are making some redecoration so we cannot use the public kitchen. despite this, good place. we have a room in 15th floor which has an excellent view of the city center. room is clean and nice, wifi runs good. worth living.

The hostel is under construction so atmosphere was not so great. It was very clean though- there was a cleaning crew that came in everyday to clean our room and bathroom. It is near Tivoli Gardens and it was easy to walk to the main sights. There was just no particular charm to it!

I was there many times and hoped to enjoy a fresh draft beer from the bar. Everything was under construction to the same price. That was a really disappointment. My luggage came one day later because a mistake of Norwegian airlines. It would be nicer from the staff to send me an SMS instead of blocking my key card. I like this hostel because of the great view from the higher floors. This wish was respected in advance. I will come back in the hope to find a better atmosphere regarding the bar.

There's not an hostel-like atmosphere but it's more an hotel for families and adults. Very kind and helpful staff, clean rooms with private bathroom and shower. Excellent Wifi connection everywhere. Very nice location next to Tivoli and at walk distance to everywhere worth to see in Copenhagen. I recommend the Free walking tour which starts every morning at the hostel. Remember that you have to pay for sheets and towel!

Atmosphere of a hotel. Was the cheapest so Im not complaining. Our room had a nice view.

if you have chance to go Copenhagen, that's a good hostel for recommendation, nice location staffs, in a word i love the hostel

• 14th Nov 2014
  • China

Really great hostel with nice rooms and facilities. Try to bring your own linen as it is very expensive (60 dkk) to rent. Good location on the river.

THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING HOSTELS I HAVE STAYED IN! MY ROOM WAS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! I WAS SUPER IMPRESSED WITH THE FACILITY! WHEN I WAS ARRIVING FROM THE AIRPORT ON THE BUS AND THE DRIVER SAID THAT IS YOUR HOSTEL, I SAID I'M SORRY SIR BUT YOU ARE MISTAKEN, THAT CAN'T BE MY HOSTEL. BUT IT WAS AND I WILL DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN! THE STAFF WAS GREAT! HOT WATER ALL DAY! SPACIOUS, FREE BREAKFAST, AND NEAR THE CITY CENTRE! THANK YOU DAN HOSTEL. SHANA, NYC, 10/31/2014-11/02/2014.

Walking distance to town, nice room, the beds were a bit uncomfy but the place seemed clean. Stayed in a 8 bed private, with our own bathroom.

GREAT HOSTEL! close to everything, very nice rooms

• 26th Sep 2014