Danhostel Copenhagen City Reviews

H.C.Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen, Denmark

1926 Total Reviews

Great hostel if you need a place to stay in Copenhagen. But it's more like a hotel not a hostel. Not much "life" here at all. I'd love to see the top floor turned into a super bar, that would really make guests happy and help them explore the city. The kitchen is tiny and cramped. Renting bicycles is great. 1 bath room for 6 beds =

The hostel is normal location, about 20 walking to city central, staff were nice, the receptionist was patient and helpful, but our surprise was when we get the room, the toilet was dirty, and the room was smelling very bad. We had to rent our bed linen, and no facilities at all in the bar, no water boiler, you have to pay even for tap water!! I find it expensive, maybe because of the season, but for that price I was expecting more facilities and at least a cleaner place.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Brilliant hostel! really helpful staff and good kitchen. I would stay there again!

A very good place to stay some days in Copenhagen. I have to point out the excellent cleanliness of the entire facility. Congratuation to the management. Breakfast is fine and the price of 75,00 DKK still acceptable. The bar offers good drinks and snacks.

The hostel is good for location and environment. So it is a nice journey in this hostel.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • China

It was one of the best hostels I've ever been. Really nice staff, perfect location, all the necessary services available and a good value for money. If I ever go back to Denmark I'll stay here again, and I won't hesitate in recommending it to everybody.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Spain

the shower is. not deep whole in the floor and when you're showering a lot of water fall out the shower area.

Very nice place and staff, yet the internal policy of making us extra-pay for everything (even the sheets) gives the feeling of being a milked cow all along the journey...

• 3rd Aug 2015

The hostel charge you additional fees on top of the basic room fee, ie bed linen (nearly €10 to rent), you are even charged for a glass of water. On checkin, the staff member on reception tried to overcharge us three times in the space of ten minutes for the balance of the room and we had to keep showing her the correct amount that we owed. I found the check in quite frustrating because of this. The lift also broke down several times, and we got stuck in it for 15 minutes on one occasion

The hostel was perfectly functional but you had to pay for every extra.

• 30th Jun 2015

the room and the toilet were not very clean. they charge you for everything and at ridiculous prices: linen, breakfast, leaving luggage after check out... there were noisy works going on at the hostel and prices didn't change. atmosphere is cold.

Excelent hostel, had just a wonderful time there. The only issue is that the hostel is huge and sometimes is complicated to get elevators or staffs attention. Also the luggage room is not for free if you already have checked out.

The kitchen is excellent. The balance between hostel and hotel is done very well. The rooms are superb, but doesn't double room mean double bed?

The elevator problems were really annoying. Also there was a lack of an inviting common area to hang out/meet other travelers. Way too many kids in the hostel...

• 29th May 2015
  • Switzerland

Great hostel, felt more like a hotel. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The only complaint was the wifi didn't work too well.

We stayed in one of their nicest rooms and we paid quite a bit for it. We were on the fourteenth floor with a gorgeous view looking out over Tivoli and over NY Carlsberg Glytpotek. We booked a double bed and when we arrived we found that it was just two single beds put together. It was very uncomfortable to sleep on. WiFi was also terrible in our room. The elevator system was annoying - it got backed up quite a bit and we had to take the stairs twice up fourteen floors. Great location, though!

Cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Very friendly hand helpful staff. Comfortable beds and warm duvets. Location was perfect, just a short walk from anything you want to see or do. I stayed on the 14th floor and had a gorgeous view. I highly recommend this hostel.

The staff are very friendly and the hostel is in a perfect location.

• 24th Apr 2015

Only negative comment is the top bunks are too low to the bottom, you cannot sit up in the bottom bed, otherwise a lovely stay :)

The hostel is under construction, we book a room for six but we found that everyone could get into the hostel (we ordered takeaway and the deliverymen can get up to our room). The hostel is near tivoli, but the train station, metro station and some tourist attraction are not as close as we expected. The pros is the room is very new and clean and the bed was quite good.