Danhostel Copenhagen City Reviews

H.C.Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen, Denmark

Great hostel, Bit far away from places to get a quick bite to eat. I was in a mixed dorm and was the only girl with 5 men so wouldn't say it was mixed but I asked to change into a female dorm and the staff where very helpful. Cafe is great down the bottom they make awesome coffee! Just needs some food I think. Clean rooms and bathrooms! Great wifi. Awesome free walking tour with pick up. Not to bad pricing for the hostel. Staff were always helpful!

My friend and I stayed in a double room and it was nice, clean an quiet. Location is also very good. Only a 10-15min walk to most of the sights. It's a huge hostel but very well organized. I would definitely stay there again.

Very good services and well suited in the middle of the center town. However, that's bad that we have to pay some extra for the bed linen, the towels and an international hostel card member...

One of the cheaper and better options in expensive Copenhagen. I stay there every time I visit. Staff should consider being more friendly and helpful though.

Can't believe what I have seen once I arrived at the so called 'Hostel' because I think it is a hotel! My mate and I were so surprised because we paid a very low price but for such an awesome hostel room! Everything is just too perfect. Just 10 mins walk from central station,very good security(you need the room card for the lift),got a bar at the ground floor,and most importantly free wifi as well! Will definitely stay here again if I come next time.

The staff was very friendly and room excelent (clean, safe and an amzing view over CPH).

Really nice location and really nice staff.

The hostel was very good. It was a bit expensive though for a hostel. Our floor smelt of weed and the bathroom smelt of dank water. Apart from that we enjoyed our stay!!

• 24th Jan 2014

Fabulous hostel, very clean and wonderful location. The staff were very helpful and all the facilities on offer made our stay very comfortable.

• 17th Jan 2014

The room was very nice and big. The bathroom was cean. It takes about 10min to walk to the central station.

• 18th Dec 2013

Very odd mixture of guests when we stayed here - half nefarious youths smoking outside and half old men at the bar. We felt slightly insecure. Staff were slightly abrupt and we had to wait a long time to see someone when we arrived. There was also a bizarre arrangement with the bedding - we had brought our own but this was inconvenient. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

The people we were with were Noisy and messy...disgusting bathroom we had to share. But overall the hostel is great, the staff is friendly and nice, and the location is perfect. I would definitly come back.

• 17th Dec 2013

GREAT HOSTEL. The evening staff (two girls) were particularly helpful, especially when I had a tricky situation to deal with in my dorm. Beds are comfortable. Dorms are quiet. Bathrooms very clean. Wifi works well. Location is good. Breakfast array is expensive but amazing.

Lovely staff, nice bar, not the cleanest place I've ever stayed but have definitely been in far worse hostels! Can't argue with the location and lots of maps and activities to help you get stuck in. All in all, rather good.

• 5th Dec 2013

it is too expensive for what it offers you even have to pay for your sheets!our heating was broken and it was not warm and when we told it to thes staff they were rude and what is more they ignored us.the location is good though.

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Greece

Bar area quite exposed to the reception area. Breakfast was cheaper at 7/11! Otherwise although I had some reservations about the size of the hostel, and number of people coming and going, these proved to be unnecessary.

The rooms are big and clean.

These guys are awesome! Some of the staff is excellent, a few seemed tired and bothered by guests. But very respectful when you talk to them. Location is great! I didn't have to use the 3 day open transportation ticket I got. They're clean- which to me is the most important thing. All in all I'm impressed at the level of professionalism and service. For the rate I paid, it far exceeded my expectations!

It was one of the best hostels i have seen, very respectful staff too.. we had to leave a day early to catch a bus to Amsterdam and the staff was so nice, and reimbursed us for that night full value as well.. its just their 'bring your own linen' rule that was weird.. no one would expect that they get their own sheet with them and they rent you ones if you need which was unusual for me. other than that great experience.

Excellent hostel, good value for money. Nice breakfast and wonderful view.