Danhostel Copenhagen City Reviews

H.C.Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen, Denmark

Is a really good hostel, with a lot of facilities and the atmosphere is pretty great! The rooms are big and comfortable, the staffs are very friendly and helpful like every time I needed some help or information they told me friendly and attentive! Unfortunately I didn't went to pub craw because I was very tired but I think it's a great oportunity if you'll have enough time and energy to enjoy it! The only think I think is not the best is the location, but is not bad! Enjoy it!!

Very nice and comfortable

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff were very helpful when I turned up on a very busy day without a reservation. The hostel is huge and a little bit soulless but facilities and security are top notch. The location is great too, if you get a room on one of the higher floors (I was on FL16) you get a fantastic view of the city from one of it's tallest buildings; it's especially beautiful at night!

Huge hostel. On the one hand, the hostel is close to the city center but on the other hand its directly next to big street and the windows are not well isolated. No cozy atmosphere in the lobby. Facilities are quite simple. Thats fine for a hostel but not for such an expensive hostel.

Great hostel! Even though this place is huge and they were very busy, the staff were still extremely help both at reception and at the bar.

The hostel is too large to have any kind of personal touch. There were large groups staying here. The bed was comfortable enough and the room cleaned well. But there are so many other hostels which give more overall it made me disappointed with my stay. I would have liked more city information and displays. Both the reception and the bar can get very busy. The linen fee and extra charge for breakfast made this poor value for money also.

Great location, close enough to walk to all our attractions (Except visit Carlsberg). Everything was clean and worked well. Only issue would be the extra payment for linens, but it was only 6 euros.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Danhostel was fine, good location between tivoli etc. and christianhavn. We had a huge room, they had overbooked or something and had given our twin room away, so they gave us a room with a double bed and two bunks and no-one else! However, the room was really hot, even though it was only tops of 18•C, and they had this stupid sensor light in the bathroom which kept going off and couldn't sense if you were having a shower! Very annoying.

Good Location with average staff which is always too busy to help... We had to pay to put our baggage in a room with a sign on it saying: " No liability for the storage room" why do I have to pay for an unsecured room ?!

Staff gave wrong information about the bike tour. Also very pricy for what you get. My padlock wasn't the right size for their lockers (I've used it at many other hostels) so I had to buy a 2nd lock, which was annoying. Also they charged for linens - given the bedbug problem at other places, linens should be included and people shouldn't be allowed to use their own.

Although it is considered as the biggest hostel in Europe, they manage to have a very clean and tidy envorinment and the security through locking cards seems to be ok. Also, the location is very good. The only thing is that the kitchen is quite small, so dinner time is a bit crowded and sometimes there are queues for the stove and the sink.

I've stayed here for 4 days. It was very big and good place to stay. It is like modern dormitory. Staff is great and helpfull, I've asked for early check-in and they've just helped me. It is a big building that you can sometimes wait long for elevator, and room's bathroom not very clean every time, because 12 people is using. Facilities like kitchen, bar, locker room, free walking tour and pub crawl is great. You shouldn't miss any of them. It is way more expensive but It's Denmark, so normal.

If you look in map, look a quite far from Central Station to the hostel, however it is not. The wifi is good, only dissapointed with the charge to store luggage when check out early :(. Location is walkable distance to many tourist place and reachable within 15-20 mins at normal pace. Cheapest coffee price in its radius. #from Malesia.

Big, bland, generic and expensive for what it offers. The location isn't great, although there are nice views of the river from the rooms. Everything was very clean. Beware of the 2.75% credit card fee, and bring your own linens.

Expensive but its nicer than the usual hostel. Make you pay to rent bed sheets which is pretty average. Good kitchen and laundry

Extremely good location. In walking distance to the town centre, Christiania, the amusement park and pretty much everything else that is situated in Copenhagen. Over all a very good experience. No hick-ups, what so ever.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Norway

beautiful view of the city from the hostel room

I did not like that the bed sheets and towel are not included in the price, and that the breakfast is not very vegetarian/vegan friendly. Everything else was excellent!

Great hostel with everything you need.

A nice hostel. However, I was quite disappointed with the additional charge for bed linens, which I found quite high.

« first « Prev 1 2 3