Danhostel Copenhagen City Reviews

it was bomb yo

• 29th Jan 2016

Excellent. Best ever

• 29th Jan 2016

It would be great if we had lockers without having to pay more

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Spain

My staying at Danhostel Copenhagen City was awesome! Big room with toilet and everything clean and in perfect conditions made us feel so comfortable those days. The breakfast is pretty good too. I really feel so grateful to the staff for helping us in everything. If I decide to go back to Copenhagen, I will stay in this hostel again, no doubt! Congratulations!

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Spain

danish people r the best

Very clean and accessible place, but feels much more like a hotel than a hostel. Paying for bed linen was no fun!

The kitchen was terrible, dirty and uncomfortable. There were not enough common areas for the whole hostel. The bed line, luggage room and locker had an excessive price. The room was ok, with not enough electricity inlets. Bathroom dirty and check out at 10 am, too early for european standards.

The hostel looks more to 5 star hotel than hostel. Everything was perfect. Location,cleanliness,people

Hostels in the Scandinavian region should make their guest more aware that they have to either provide their own sheets OR they will be charged extra. After already paying what we thought was a lot of money for a 'hostel' for 2 nights we were very disappointed to find out that we needed to pay extra for sheets also. Almost would've been better to stay in a hotel, at least there they will make your bed for you. Also we were charged for baggage storage!? Staff were mildl helpful. V Disappointed.

• 30th Oct 2015

Very swanky hostel. Beautiful facilites. Good mix of people. Special thanks to Lynn (Linn?). Great locatiom.

Nice hostel. Quite pricy but in a very good location and only a short walk from Copenhagen Central Station. Beds were comfortable and the room was spacious. Plenty of sockets/usb ports in the lobby area and bar.

Excellent and very clean hostel in a superb location and good value for money. Only slight gripe was the drilling renovation work that seemed to start from 7:30 a.m, but overall highly recommended and will more than likely stay there on my next visit to Copenhagen in 2016.

• 1st Oct 2015

Facilities poor because the instructions for the operation of the washing ( vast ) are in Danish ! How an australian with no knowledge of the language id meant to comprehend the method of operstion of the machines is beyond me ! In the end a staff member hsd to come doen to the " vadt " and push the buttons for me. Which was quite different from the Danish instructions.. Yoo hoo ...

• 28th Sep 2015

My friends and I had a wonderful time! The hostel was close to the city center and easy to find(since it was the tallest building around...) All in all it was a great stay! All the receptionist were helpful and answered every question we had! Oh and if you go on a Sandemans walking tour, Nina is the best guide!

Loved this hostel on a whole: great location, helpful staff , nice bathrooms, comfy beds, lifts, maps, souvenirs, cafe, plenty of plugs, amazing views. However i did find a few downsides: expensive breakfast, have to pay to store luggage, awful pilllows (three out of three mornings woke up with a crock in my neck and pain) and I booked a 10 bed mixed dorm and ended up in a 6 bed room with 5 males... Despite these I had a lovely time in Copenhagen and this was the best choice in my budget range.

Very nice facility except for some bad design elements - the very small elevators and the crowded chaotic breakfast buffet area. People would move more quickly through the buffet if the rolls and bread were precut. Hooks to hang clothes on would have been good in my room plus a shelf by the bed.

Great location and no-nonsense approach. However, the atmosphere is not really great for young people. It's a massive hostel and there are several floors and mostly families staying. Everything is available but you are asked to rent everything like padlock, bed linen etc.

The hostel itself was very nice, but they put my friend and me in different rooms which was really scary..

• 3rd Sep 2015

Good enough for hostel in center of city.

• 28th Aug 2015