Danhostel Copenhagen City Reviews

H.C.Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen, Denmark

I did not like that the bed sheets and towel are not included in the price, and that the breakfast is not very vegetarian/vegan friendly. Everything else was excellent!

Great hostel with everything you need.

A nice hostel. However, I was quite disappointed with the additional charge for bed linens, which I found quite high.

Generally good comments, however Copenhagen is an expensive city to visit and this hostel this was quite expensive on price compared to others we have stayed in capital cities. The room was clean and compact and a short 10 min walk to the train station. Linen pack was extra, as was luggage storage and food was street restaurant prices, no soaps, no air con and windows opened on 24hr street traffic noise.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A very nice hostel, and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was an awesome atmosphere with so many people there coming and going, and I'd certainly stay again if I was travelling to Copenhagen. A little annoying that you had to pay extra for quite a few things if you needed them, but then it's not the cheapest city. Overall; very impressed.

• 30th Jun 2014

A great place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Industrial scale hostel. It may be the biggest hostel in Europe, but certainly not the best.. Its starts as cheap, but these guy charge you for everything; sheets, breakfast, even luggage storage (never been charged for that before, very petty). The size means there is little sign of vibe or personality at this place. In a place as expensive as Copenhagen you have little choice for budget options, so these places don't need to make much effort.

put in a 6 person room as a single for 4 nights. I wished to extend by one day, they made me pack up, go back to luggage storage, come out again. AM staff member acted as if I should have been thrilled by 6 person room, why would I object to downsizing. I didn't. I just wanted to move directly from the room to any room and skip the luggage room bit. He could have I know, you couldn't have possible been at capacity that night cause there weren't people around. I always object to control freaks.

Best staff ever! Excellent breakfast...

Great location, clean room, good value - loved the table tennis in the basement!

• 14th Jun 2014

Good location, nice view from the 15th floor. Very helpfull staff. Good stay, clean guest kitchen.

Wonderful location and good breakfast. The linens and towels are a bit expensive, but the rooms are spacious and very clean. Great place and good walking distance to a lot of place!

nice and cool hostel, clean secure, and perfect location, good price!

Thank you! The view was great, the room was unexpectedly very specious. The location is perfect. Again and again thanks to YHA. Wherever i stayed your hostels are always performed well:) plus Copenhagen, Bellevue beach, Dyrehaven, everything was charming, beautiful, amazing. The nice north sun and light breeze, aa... I want to come back:)

Staff upon arrival were excellent as experienced problem with window blind in room. Even though hostel was full and very busy, staff member saw to the problem immediately.

• 27th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I's a very big building, so it hall can be noisy and very busy, but once you're on your room it's quiet and very comfortable. The room view was amazing, and the staff was superhelpful.

Tottaly very good hostel,no big complaint.

A bit out of the way from everthing exciting in Copenhagen, but very clean and private, if that's what your looking for.

staff at the check-in was not exactly friendly (quite rude in fact), service was slow and with an attitude (a girl ignored us and just chatted with another staff about where she's gonna have her beer that night while we were waiting for our check-in). they forgot to give us an invoice and when we asked, exclaimed that it was unusual practice to issue one (what?!). everything costs extra there (bedding and bag storage). shower design was horrible. despite nice view and cleaniness, not recommended

Incredible hostel! They have lockers for everyone, very comfortable bathrooms and everyone gets a nice twin sized bed. The location couldn't be any better- walking distance to almost all of Copenhagen's sights. I would stay again