Danhostel Copenhagen City Reviews

H.C.Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen, Denmark

Walking distance to town, nice room, the beds were a bit uncomfy but the place seemed clean. Stayed in a 8 bed private, with our own bathroom.

GREAT HOSTEL! close to everything, very nice rooms

• 26th Sep 2014

Its a good place, it can be more clean but its ok, staff is nice just the price like breakfast and other things are a little bit high for a hostel.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Good location , easy to walk around the city! Friendly staffs and clean area! I must stay again & highly recommand to my frds too^_^

The location is great, the building is quite new and the staff is friendly. If you just look for a place to stay this will do. But the hostel itself is too huge to allow any personal atmosphere. The beds are quite expensive, though Copenhagen ist quite expensive anyway, and you feel more like cattle.

Is a really good hostel, with a lot of facilities and the atmosphere is pretty great! The rooms are big and comfortable, the staffs are very friendly and helpful like every time I needed some help or information they told me friendly and attentive! Unfortunately I didn't went to pub craw because I was very tired but I think it's a great oportunity if you'll have enough time and energy to enjoy it! The only think I think is not the best is the location, but is not bad! Enjoy it!!

Very nice and comfortable

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Sheets and towels were not provided, so bring your own if you want to save more money. This hostel is rather clean and new, with decent showers in each room. All in all a rather liveable place but lacks a personal touch if that is what you are looking for. Crowd is mainly young students, with big groups on school trips as well. Location wise is not fantastic but walkable to most places.

The staff were very helpful when I turned up on a very busy day without a reservation. The hostel is huge and a little bit soulless but facilities and security are top notch. The location is great too, if you get a room on one of the higher floors (I was on FL16) you get a fantastic view of the city from one of it's tallest buildings; it's especially beautiful at night!

Huge hostel. On the one hand, the hostel is close to the city center but on the other hand its directly next to big street and the windows are not well isolated. No cozy atmosphere in the lobby. Facilities are quite simple. Thats fine for a hostel but not for such an expensive hostel.

Great hostel! Even though this place is huge and they were very busy, the staff were still extremely help both at reception and at the bar.

The hostel is too large to have any kind of personal touch. There were large groups staying here. The bed was comfortable enough and the room cleaned well. But there are so many other hostels which give more overall it made me disappointed with my stay. I would have liked more city information and displays. Both the reception and the bar can get very busy. The linen fee and extra charge for breakfast made this poor value for money also.

Great location, close enough to walk to all our attractions (Except visit Carlsberg). Everything was clean and worked well. Only issue would be the extra payment for linens, but it was only 6 euros.

Danhostel was fine, good location between tivoli etc. and christianhavn. We had a huge room, they had overbooked or something and had given our twin room away, so they gave us a room with a double bed and two bunks and no-one else! However, the room was really hot, even though it was only tops of 18•C, and they had this stupid sensor light in the bathroom which kept going off and couldn't sense if you were having a shower! Very annoying.

Friendly, helpful staff. Very clean. Great location. Atmosphere is lacking just because it's such a big hostel and there aren't really any common rooms (there's a bar in the lobby however.) You have to pay extra for bed linen and to store your bag after checking-out. It would be great if you didn't have to pay for these things. All in all it's a good hostel.

Good Location with average staff which is always too busy to help... We had to pay to put our baggage in a room with a sign on it saying: " No liability for the storage room" why do I have to pay for an unsecured room ?!

Staff gave wrong information about the bike tour. Also very pricy for what you get. My padlock wasn't the right size for their lockers (I've used it at many other hostels) so I had to buy a 2nd lock, which was annoying. Also they charged for linens - given the bedbug problem at other places, linens should be included and people shouldn't be allowed to use their own.

Although it is considered as the biggest hostel in Europe, they manage to have a very clean and tidy envorinment and the security through locking cards seems to be ok. Also, the location is very good. The only thing is that the kitchen is quite small, so dinner time is a bit crowded and sometimes there are queues for the stove and the sink.

I've stayed here for 4 days. It was very big and good place to stay. It is like modern dormitory. Staff is great and helpfull, I've asked for early check-in and they've just helped me. It is a big building that you can sometimes wait long for elevator, and room's bathroom not very clean every time, because 12 people is using. Facilities like kitchen, bar, locker room, free walking tour and pub crawl is great. You shouldn't miss any of them. It is way more expensive but It's Denmark, so normal.

If you look in map, look a quite far from Central Station to the hostel, however it is not. The wifi is good, only dissapointed with the charge to store luggage when check out early :(. Location is walkable distance to many tourist place and reachable within 15-20 mins at normal pace. Cheapest coffee price in its radius. #from Malesia.

« first « Prev 1 2 3