Danhostel Copenhagen City Reviews

H.C.Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen, Denmark

Unfortunatly during my stay there were work in progress, so bar and commons rooms were closed. However, in my opinion, the Hostel is too big to have a charming atmpsphere. But it work well, is clean and safe and people working there are really kind.

they are making some redecoration so we cannot use the public kitchen. despite this, good place. we have a room in 15th floor which has an excellent view of the city center. room is clean and nice, wifi runs good. worth living.

The hostel is under construction so atmosphere was not so great. It was very clean though- there was a cleaning crew that came in everyday to clean our room and bathroom. It is near Tivoli Gardens and it was easy to walk to the main sights. There was just no particular charm to it!

I was there many times and hoped to enjoy a fresh draft beer from the bar. Everything was under construction to the same price. That was a really disappointment. My luggage came one day later because a mistake of Norwegian airlines. It would be nicer from the staff to send me an SMS instead of blocking my key card. I like this hostel because of the great view from the higher floors. This wish was respected in advance. I will come back in the hope to find a better atmosphere regarding the bar.

There's not an hostel-like atmosphere but it's more an hotel for families and adults. Very kind and helpful staff, clean rooms with private bathroom and shower. Excellent Wifi connection everywhere. Very nice location next to Tivoli and at walk distance to everywhere worth to see in Copenhagen. I recommend the Free walking tour which starts every morning at the hostel. Remember that you have to pay for sheets and towel!

Atmosphere of a hotel. Was the cheapest so Im not complaining. Our room had a nice view.

if you have chance to go Copenhagen, that's a good hostel for recommendation, nice location staffs, in a word i love the hostel

• 14th Nov 2014
  • China

Really great hostel with nice rooms and facilities. Try to bring your own linen as it is very expensive (60 dkk) to rent. Good location on the river.

THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING HOSTELS I HAVE STAYED IN! MY ROOM WAS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! I WAS SUPER IMPRESSED WITH THE FACILITY! WHEN I WAS ARRIVING FROM THE AIRPORT ON THE BUS AND THE DRIVER SAID THAT IS YOUR HOSTEL, I SAID I'M SORRY SIR BUT YOU ARE MISTAKEN, THAT CAN'T BE MY HOSTEL. BUT IT WAS AND I WILL DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN! THE STAFF WAS GREAT! HOT WATER ALL DAY! SPACIOUS, FREE BREAKFAST, AND NEAR THE CITY CENTRE! THANK YOU DAN HOSTEL. SHANA, NYC, 10/31/2014-11/02/2014.

Walking distance to town, nice room, the beds were a bit uncomfy but the place seemed clean. Stayed in a 8 bed private, with our own bathroom.

GREAT HOSTEL! close to everything, very nice rooms

• 26th Sep 2014

Its a good place, it can be more clean but its ok, staff is nice just the price like breakfast and other things are a little bit high for a hostel.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Good location , easy to walk around the city! Friendly staffs and clean area! I must stay again & highly recommand to my frds too^_^

The location is great, the building is quite new and the staff is friendly. If you just look for a place to stay this will do. But the hostel itself is too huge to allow any personal atmosphere. The beds are quite expensive, though Copenhagen ist quite expensive anyway, and you feel more like cattle.

Is a really good hostel, with a lot of facilities and the atmosphere is pretty great! The rooms are big and comfortable, the staffs are very friendly and helpful like every time I needed some help or information they told me friendly and attentive! Unfortunately I didn't went to pub craw because I was very tired but I think it's a great oportunity if you'll have enough time and energy to enjoy it! The only think I think is not the best is the location, but is not bad! Enjoy it!!

Very nice and comfortable

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Sheets and towels were not provided, so bring your own if you want to save more money. This hostel is rather clean and new, with decent showers in each room. All in all a rather liveable place but lacks a personal touch if that is what you are looking for. Crowd is mainly young students, with big groups on school trips as well. Location wise is not fantastic but walkable to most places.

The staff were very helpful when I turned up on a very busy day without a reservation. The hostel is huge and a little bit soulless but facilities and security are top notch. The location is great too, if you get a room on one of the higher floors (I was on FL16) you get a fantastic view of the city from one of it's tallest buildings; it's especially beautiful at night!

Huge hostel. On the one hand, the hostel is close to the city center but on the other hand its directly next to big street and the windows are not well isolated. No cozy atmosphere in the lobby. Facilities are quite simple. Thats fine for a hostel but not for such an expensive hostel.

Great hostel! Even though this place is huge and they were very busy, the staff were still extremely help both at reception and at the bar.