Danhostel Copenhagen City

Fabulous 2293 Total Reviews

• shahankit20
  • India, Male, 25-30
9th Aug 2017

Great experience. Located at a perfect location in the city. Easily accessible to everything around.

• USA, Male, 31-40
7th Aug 2017

This was a really great place to stay!! My only complaint though: smokers should not be allowed to smoke right outside the main door. All the cigarette smoke comes inside the building and it is very annoying for those of us who don't smoke.

3rd Aug 2017
7.4

House cleaning never showed up when we were there. Common grounds is big and has a selection of activities. The roommates are great but did not find room for creating meaningful conversation past small talk.

2nd Aug 2017

Overall, great hostel! Walking distance to everything you need. A big plus for us was that they had bikes at the hotel that you could rent, so definitely take advantage of that. Definitely a "hotel" feel, not like a typical hostel. So it could be difficult to meet others if you are traveling alone. Staff was friendly and everything was clean! Two minor things that could be improved: they don't provide hand soap in the bathrooms? Maybe that was just our room not sure. Also no wifi in our room.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
6.9

This place was okay, but i wouldn't want to stay here for longer than 2 days. The rooms are so poorly ventilated and if you open the window which opens only slightly, the noise of the city comes stomping through. I'm a deep sleeper so this didn't bother me, but some of my fellow room mates didn't sleep so well. Between oxygen and noise, i chose oxygen...

7.1

As 'Europe's largest hostel', it's really just a hotel. They allow kids, which means it's perfect for families, but terrible for backpackers and solo travelers. There's no hostel atmosphere and you probably won't meet people outside of your room. However, the location is fantastic, very central and easy to reach. The tall building can easily be seen on the skyline. Security is also great with secure lockers and limited access to other floors. Ultimately, I don't think I'd recommend to friends.

• HanSarah
  • Wales, All Female Group, 25-30
3.7

Worst nights sleep we have ever had. Rooms were not clean, lockers wouldn't lock, staff member not interested in listening to our issues. Bedding and towels were stolen off my bed when I was out of the room and we shared with noisy, impolite guests. Would not recommend a large dorm here.

25th Jul 2017

I mean it's nice if you just want a place to stay. However, there's absolutely no good atmosphere here. It's just a hotel with a dorm. No good youth culture, no fun things to be done. They have more activities for little kids than they do adults. The breakfast was good though, so I suppose it's not a total loss

• USA, Male, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
4.0

I was booked for 3 nights, ended up finding a new place after the first night. Beds are insanely uncomfortable. Outlets were on the other side of the room. There was no WiFi connection in the room. The tiny bathroom, shared between 10 people was gross and smelled like urine!

23rd Jul 2017

More of a hotel feel as other people stated, which suited me fine this time. Close to the train station and everything but not a place to 'hang out'. Only one shower/toilet for the 12 bed dorm I was in (two rooms with 6 beds actually), they should've separated the shower and toilet to cut down on the waiting. Apart from that all good, everything nice and clean, good beds.