DanyHouse Hostel

Fabulous 1146 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1146 Total Reviews

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
16th Jul 2017

Feels like home when you are there :) very helpful and welcoming.

• USA, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2017
5.4

It was a really good location but no ac so be prepared to sweat all night. The bunk bed in the girls dorm squeaks and it might fall so be careful. Also, very loud at night because it is located on a busy street.

6th Jul 2017
2.0

I never stayed here and tried to cancel my reservation weeks in advance. Not only did they continue forward with my reservation after repeated emails back and forth from multiple people confirming it was canceled, but weeks later and they've never refunded the deposit. I paid for the deposit protection and now the staff won't respond at all. Never thought it would be this complicated to just cancel a booking

• Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2017

Where do I start. Alessandro went above and beyond for us. Her warm, caring and helpful nature was second to none. We really enjoyed our trip and this was primarily due to her hospitality. The accommodation was clean, secure, walking distance from city centre, and is really great value for what you pay. Highly recommend to any traveller from any age. Thanks once again for a great stay and would stay next time whenever in Florence!

19th Jun 2017

Pretty wonderful staff. Only complaint was the lack of AC in the rooms. It was in the 90s (F) when I was there and the room was so hot at night I couldn't sleep well. Overall good experience though, no bunk beds in the mixed room was a plus. Lockers were small though.

19th Jun 2017
7.1

The good: Alessandra was nice and helpful, the facilities were clean. Use of the fridge was nice. The bad: Close to the road means loud motorcycles driving past at night. Rather far walk from the center of town that is okay in the morning but after a long day of walking is quite long. Lockers weren't big enough for your entire bag, just your valuables. FYI I got a taxi from the hostel to the airport and it was 50 Euros which felt like a huge rip off for a 15 minute drive.

12th Jun 2017
5.1

I wouldn't recommend this Hostel at all. It is very small (which isn't really a problem) and only has one bathroom for everybody. That was a big problem for us, because sometimes we needed to wait up to 30 minutes if we wanted to go to the bathroom. It is algo quite far from downtown.

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2017
8.0

Finding the bus to the hostel was difficult. We called the lady and she didn't know where it went from either (it is on the left as you come out of the SMN). The staff were absolutely lovely and so welcoming. They gave us some handy tips for Florence. The room was good but very noisy as you are on a main road. Our room mates were in bed when we returned and had left the shutters open. Location is good and easy to find your way to all the main sights. I would recommend this hostel.

26th May 2017

Hostel was great. Small and tidy it was great for a couple nights. The room with 4 beds in the female dorm has a really awful bunk bed that feels like it will break at any moment and it gave me a terrible night sleep, besides that everything else was great.

20th May 2017
6.0

Every day they wake you up and ask you to leave at 10. Only seems to be 1 employee, who was truly lovely; her boss treated her rudely - I suspect an exploitative situation. Twice during my 5-night stay they tried to stick a 5th bed into my 4-bed room, which meant sleeping with my head within a foot of someone's face or feet. They were gracious when I complained, but seriously, not fun having to assert myself to get the services I paid for. Tons of street noise, all night. NOT centrally located!!