DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Italy

Not sure why this place gets good ratings. Very far from city centre. The bed were squeaky and uncomfortable and the blankets had clearly not been washed. The lockers were very small and had keys rather than personal locks. There was no kitchen, no cutlery or crockery. The common room was very small and uncomfortable. Ended up moving hostels to a much better one. Would not recommend this place.

It is a very small hostel but I met so many great people at this hostel and we had an amazing time. The building it is located in is very secure and the bed that I stayed in was very comfortable (my bunkmates though said that some of the beds sunk in but that it is a minor problem). The helper was very sweet and so was the owner. It is about a 20 minute walk to the city center of Florence so not too bad. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience here and would come back if I came back to Florence!

So kind Steff. I like all steff in DanyHouse. House Owner and Wife and staff are So kind and friendly. and rooms are clean. Breakfast Good. Except location, Good to stay

This was a GREAT hostel!! The hosts were incredibly welcoming, the hostel was incredibly clean and the 2 euro breakfast was totally worth it! The map they give you is so helpful is especially with their advice on how to catch buses (not that you will need them, its relatively close to the main sites! we walked everywhere), when to go to the museums and the most important of all, where to find the best gelato!

Very Good.

Loved staying at Dany's! It was close to bus stops/walking distance to things. They were very good at accommodation. Both he and his wife (and new assistant; I forget her name!) were super friendly! Only thing I disliked was no kitchen facilities. I would stay again! Thanks!!

Good hostel and I would return if I ever found myself back in Florence

This hostel is just great, Liborio is one of the greatest hosts there is, he'll help you with whatever you need , explain how to get around the city and the main sights also adding super great recommendations,the hostel is clean, secure and really well located. A great deal of how much I liked Florence is because of my stay at DanyHouse.

• 13th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

the owners are the friendliest pople in the world. their presence just puts a smile on your face. nice small hostel which is great for meeting people in. it was nice not sleeping in a bunk bed for a change. however the is no kitchen for you to use, so no cutlery or plates. not even a kettle.

Dany House, the most beautiful hostel in Florence, I was in two other hostels in Florence during my stay, Liborio and Laura made me feel right at home, the rooms persons spacious, the beds excellent, really good breakfast and rich, Liborio showed me his "famous map" and I must say it made me discover and visit places truly fascinating !!! Laura is very kind and suggested a beautiful tour through the streets of Tuscany with tastings of fine wines. I recommend it to all really good.

So so friendly! Thanks so much Laura for being so wonderful! Feels like you're staying at a home where everyone is so friendly rather than a hostel.

Everything they say is true! Danyhouse is awesome, the staff (family) are so helpful and if you're a good person and ask questions then a lot of the complaints that people have here can be nullified. I was able to leave my baggage in the hostel past check out and every other reasonable request was granted. Liborio's Dad's wine is delicious and even though he says his English is bad it's actually really good. Miss you guys!

Dany house has amazing facilities, good shower, comfy beds, sound system and a xbox. And the hostel was also very clean because the couple who run it are taking good care!! They are also so helpful with the visitors! They offer wine, chips, very helpful with the map! The problem with dany house is its size. Bed capacity of 10-15 person. It doesnt feel like a hostel! So you wont find the atmosphere of a big hostel! Its just a italian family renting their rooms. Breakfast is not good but ita 2€

I was very bad in your review, the advertising we do on the web does not tell lies you see that this is a small hostel, you see it even when you make the choice of rooms there are not many beds, if you mean a great structure here because you booked? it is not our fault if you do not read before booking

Liborio warmly greeted me. He is so beyond nice and warm person. Easy to talk and get connected so quickly. He explained all places that it's a must to see on the map. He explain exactly what bus to takes and it's accessible to everywhere. He went beyond on to make sure I'm comfortable and settle in. I am deaf myself and he gestured and communicate very well. The people I met as roommate was amazing great people. It was a positive and fantastic experience. If I ever come back,I'll stay again.

This place is great, the location is central, and the staff are so friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Liborio was very friendly and accommodating during the stay. Hostel located within 20mins walk to main sights of Florence. I only stayed one night but I imagine the atmosphere over the weekend would be good. Quite easy to meet people. A little noisy from the street at night but nothing earplugs can't fix.

It a very basic hostel. Beds were noisy. Not ideal as I was with my new girlfriend. There were a few Mosquitos. But the staff is very helpful. She spent time in telling about the best and cheapest places to eat. Washroom was clean but needed a lot of wait time. Overall a nice hostel with excellent staff.

It's about a half hour walk from the river and many tourist destinations, so a bit out of the way. More of a b&b with extra beds in the rooms. Reception is NOT available 24 hours, so if you'll be arriving quite early or late you may want to find another place. Breakfast was reasonably priced. Staff was fairly helpful, and provided a map with good tourism and meal suggestions. Really loud outside, and beds weren't the most comfortable.

I do not know where you've traveled, but I in my travels I have never found the sights outside the door of the hostel, I have always walked a lot to visit the cities and savor the atmosphere and it seems normal to get from one side to another ofFlorence you need a half hour walk, but you can find everything in the path. We are used to welcome the guests very early in the morning and late at night as it is needed, and in any case this is a small hostel if you mean the services of a big structure

I had in this hostel for 3 nights. The hostel is very clean and the personal was very friendly. The room are comfortable and clean.

Florence was the highlight of my whole trip and the hostel just perfect for a gorgeous city of Florence. Laura and Liborio were the perfect hosts. i didnt need a walking tour because they explained just what needs to be done in the city. Thanks a lot guys :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3