DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Italy

Very happy with my stay here :) When I arrived in the afternoon, even though they were cleaning one of the staff sat down with me and outlined a bunch of places on a map of the city. Their suggestion of where to get good and cheap gelato and meals was very helpful. There weren't any lockers, but getting in required two different keys so it didn't feel too insecure. Know what the address is, otherwise you may walk passed it as there was only a small sign. Definitely recommended!

The owners are very friendly and helpful. The facilities are not new but clean. Bus 13 is convenient and you also can walk to/from the station through the city centre which takes 30mins.

I stayed here for 4 nights last June 2014. Liborio is an amazing host, although I did not speak Italian he has a high-tech idea to communicate using his iPad. He is passionate in entertaining his guests. Making sure we had an amazing stay at DanyHouse & making sure the house is clean. I think the house has the right amount of room & the right number of visitors. With that said, you will have the chance to meet everybody & have a drink of Liborio's wine in the common room.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

I adored the staff - so friendly, welcoming and helpful. Laura and Liborio will really go out of their way to accommodate you. They gave me a very helpful intro to Florence and explained all the great places to see. Overall, Florence was one of my favourite of 9 cities across Italy, Spain and Portugal that I visited and this hostel was one of my favourites. They don't have lockers but you can leave your things with them for the day after check-out.

The owners are the best. I never had such a kind of experience in a hostel. I would come there back 1000 times if I could.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Costa Rica

A friendly, comfortable, inviting place to stay in a lovely city. Very clean and nice place to come back to after a busy tourist day. The owners play nice music in the common room that always put me in a great mood for the day. The beds are very comfortable and the common room is awesome. I only wish the blankets were a little longer, but I also could have asked for a longer one and did not say anything! The back double room is the best, as the window in that room opens to a quieter street.

I had a very nice time at DanyHouse Florence! The staff made my experience, so friendly and welcoming, and happy to explain the city to you. My only two complaints are that it's a little far from the sights, and that there was only one bathroom for the 6 person room. Otherwise it was a great hostel to stay in, especially for those traveling solo because there was a great group atmosphere. Thanks DanyHouse!

Jonathan, Labarrio, and Lara are three of the nicest people I have ever met, we absolutely loved our stay at DanyHouse. We loved the nightly wine party (the wine was delicious and we got to know others in the hostel quite well), and the restaurant they suggested was delicious too! Our first night we were quite hot in the private room, but when we returned from the day they had put a fan in the room. Great place, wouldn't stay anywhere else in florence.

Hello there, Thank you so much, we are pleased to have met some great people like you. I hope that one day I would be proud to see me back. Thank you again. Liborio Dany's house

i was very happy to stay at dany house.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • India

Thank you so much Arawind are very glad to have had my guest, I hope that one day you will return to Florence to see me again, Thanks

Very hospitable family and loving towards their customers. Gave us a map that saved us from getting lost in Florence. Introduced wonderful places for us to visit and have a bite on. Thank you!!!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Thank you so much , make me happy, I thank you and I hope you return to visit me. Liborio's Dany House

We had a great stay at DanyHouse! Jonathan and the staff were so helpful and friendly! Great atmosphere for meeting new people. We will definitely stay here again next time we visit Florence!

This was just the best hostel ever! It was clean and had everything you could need but the best bit of all was the host - he was so friendly! And he always was doing extra things to make sure you had a good time. It's really small so it's very easy to meet new people and it feels like being at home. The wifi is really good and Jonathan has some really great recommendations for places to go and places to eat. Definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Thank you ! You soo nice! I hope see you again! I wish all the best for you! Big kiss from Florence! Jonathan's Dany House

Excellent hostel, Jonathon is extremely accommodating, always on hand to help everyone! The atmosphere was very good with a common area, with free wine and snacks. Would 100% stay here again! It's really easy to get to the centre on the bus, which is just outside, or even a 10 minute stroll! Supermarkets, parks and Pizza shops within walking distance! Jonathon gives such great detail about Florence that all you need to do is turn up and you have the details of the city within a few minutes!

Jonathan was a wonderful host & truly made us feel like welcomed house guests! If I ever come back to Firenze, I will definitely stay here & will recommend others to do the same! :)

dany house is a very friendly place. that is so because of jonathan, who runs the place. he is very outgoing and makes life at dany house very comfortable. he sponsors a party every night where he provides all the goodies. everyone staying there is welcome to attend, and most do. he is a great host.

Excelente. Here i'm feeling like at home.

My sister and I stayed for 6 nights and we had a wonderful experience. Dany House feels like an apartment open for travellers. Every evening, the guests gather in the common room and share stories and it feels like a family. The owner, Jonathan is very helpful in getting around Florence and has great suggestions. We had a great time!

Great hostel! Would definitely stay again!

The host, he is so kind and cute. I am pretty sure that in the future I will be going to Florence again, and definitively sure that I will be still staying there for nights! Grazie! Thanks! Danke! 谢谢!

• 17th May 2014
  • China

Hands down one of the best hostels to stay in anywhere in Europe. Jonathan is one of the nicest people we have ever met. The pictures he takes every day are a great memento to all the people you'll meet at Dany House. We only dropped slightly on location because you have a bit of a walk/bus ride to get to the city center, but it's nothing too bad. Thanks Dany House!

« first « Prev 1 2 3