DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Italy

Dany House is a really great hostel. The common room is very nice and cosy. My room (5 bed mixed-dorm) was large and my bed really comfortable. The hostel is incredibly clean and the staff is truly kind and easy-going. The hostel is located in a very nice neighborhood just outside the city centre from which you can reach the heart of Florence in 15 minutes walking. I want to thank the owner, Liborio, for everything he did during my stay.

• 11th Jan 2016

Extremely clean in both washroom and bedroom. A little bit cold during night. Nice stuff and useful free map!!

Love it! Laura and Liberio are so nice and thy keep the hostel very clean! And they will tell where to go for good foods and ice cream! Really make my staying like home! If I ever come bak I will stay there again!

Great experience! Short walk from everything Florence has to offer and Liborio was fantastic!

• 18th Dec 2015

Really beautiful hostel, especially because it was just renovated! The staff is super kind and the beds were so comfortable!! Only thing is that there is no kitchen, but there's a fridge and a microwave, so if you're there for a long stay it might be problematic, but we managed to find cheap places to eat. Other than that I definitely recommend it!

Not sure why this place gets good ratings. Very far from city centre. The bed were squeaky and uncomfortable and the blankets had clearly not been washed. The lockers were very small and had keys rather than personal locks. There was no kitchen, no cutlery or crockery. The common room was very small and uncomfortable. Ended up moving hostels to a much better one. Would not recommend this place.

It is a very small hostel but I met so many great people at this hostel and we had an amazing time. The building it is located in is very secure and the bed that I stayed in was very comfortable (my bunkmates though said that some of the beds sunk in but that it is a minor problem). The helper was very sweet and so was the owner. It is about a 20 minute walk to the city center of Florence so not too bad. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience here and would come back if I came back to Florence!

So kind Steff. I like all steff in DanyHouse. House Owner and Wife and staff are So kind and friendly. and rooms are clean. Breakfast Good. Except location, Good to stay

This was a GREAT hostel!! The hosts were incredibly welcoming, the hostel was incredibly clean and the 2 euro breakfast was totally worth it! The map they give you is so helpful is especially with their advice on how to catch buses (not that you will need them, its relatively close to the main sites! we walked everywhere), when to go to the museums and the most important of all, where to find the best gelato!

Very Good.

Loved staying at Dany's! It was close to bus stops/walking distance to things. They were very good at accommodation. Both he and his wife (and new assistant; I forget her name!) were super friendly! Only thing I disliked was no kitchen facilities. I would stay again! Thanks!!

Good hostel and I would return if I ever found myself back in Florence

This hostel is just great, Liborio is one of the greatest hosts there is, he'll help you with whatever you need , explain how to get around the city and the main sights also adding super great recommendations,the hostel is clean, secure and really well located. A great deal of how much I liked Florence is because of my stay at DanyHouse.

• 13th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

the owners are the friendliest pople in the world. their presence just puts a smile on your face. nice small hostel which is great for meeting people in. it was nice not sleeping in a bunk bed for a change. however the is no kitchen for you to use, so no cutlery or plates. not even a kettle.

Dany House, the most beautiful hostel in Florence, I was in two other hostels in Florence during my stay, Liborio and Laura made me feel right at home, the rooms persons spacious, the beds excellent, really good breakfast and rich, Liborio showed me his "famous map" and I must say it made me discover and visit places truly fascinating !!! Laura is very kind and suggested a beautiful tour through the streets of Tuscany with tastings of fine wines. I recommend it to all really good.

So so friendly! Thanks so much Laura for being so wonderful! Feels like you're staying at a home where everyone is so friendly rather than a hostel.

Everything they say is true! Danyhouse is awesome, the staff (family) are so helpful and if you're a good person and ask questions then a lot of the complaints that people have here can be nullified. I was able to leave my baggage in the hostel past check out and every other reasonable request was granted. Liborio's Dad's wine is delicious and even though he says his English is bad it's actually really good. Miss you guys!

Dany house has amazing facilities, good shower, comfy beds, sound system and a xbox. And the hostel was also very clean because the couple who run it are taking good care!! They are also so helpful with the visitors! They offer wine, chips, very helpful with the map! The problem with dany house is its size. Bed capacity of 10-15 person. It doesnt feel like a hostel! So you wont find the atmosphere of a big hostel! Its just a italian family renting their rooms. Breakfast is not good but ita 2€

I was very bad in your review, the advertising we do on the web does not tell lies you see that this is a small hostel, you see it even when you make the choice of rooms there are not many beds, if you mean a great structure here because you booked? it is not our fault if you do not read before booking

Liborio warmly greeted me. He is so beyond nice and warm person. Easy to talk and get connected so quickly. He explained all places that it's a must to see on the map. He explain exactly what bus to takes and it's accessible to everywhere. He went beyond on to make sure I'm comfortable and settle in. I am deaf myself and he gestured and communicate very well. The people I met as roommate was amazing great people. It was a positive and fantastic experience. If I ever come back,I'll stay again.

Thank you so mutch Michelle, very nice to meet you!

This place is great, the location is central, and the staff are so friendly. I would definitely stay here again.