DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Italy

Liborio and Laura are the best! Thank you so much for my wonderful stay at Dany House! If you are looking for a nice, quiet place to get a good night's sleep this is the place for you! The €2 breakfast is a steal (and it includes unlimited Nutella and the best blood orange juice in Europe!). The through description of the city was great and the places they mention are GREAT! Wonderful stay here!

Fantastic homely hostel. Liborio and Laura are extremely helpful and lovely people.

were very welcoming and friendly made it a great place to stay

We had the private room. The security is good, 4 locks for building entrance, hostel door, private room door and the locker. Host introduced every place we should go and be very patient to help us in every way. DanyHouse worths a 100%.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • China

Liborio and Laura are fantastic hosts with the best ideas and recommendations for Florence. Stayed for 3 nights but would have felt happy to stay longer as you are made to feel at home from the moment you arrive. Will absolutely stay next time we are in Florence :) molto grazie Liborio e laura vedremo la prossima volta!

Good place to stay, not social really, no kitchen. Doors to rooms didn't lock. They had safety deposit boxes and the door to the place was very safe/secure. Microwave and fridge but no kitchen or sink. Grocery store nearby and florence is small so you can walk everywhere easily. Bus stop very close so it made getting to/from train area easy. Bed was uncomfortable/cheap and the comforter was stained so I slept in my sleeping bag. Bathroom was nice. And staff was friendly but spoke broken english

I am very sorry that your review Kelsey, the Dany House does not have the kitchen and this is written on the web site, but when you needed I helped you always, the quilt is not stained because it is clean for every guest, the bedroom door no key because you chose a dormitory and not the private room and we are always at home. I feel sorry for our English, we always try to be as available as possible. Sorry Maybe you had to choose a 4-star hotel for your claims.

both of the owners are great and show that they care very much. Easy to meet people and I had a great time there. would recommend to everyone who stays in Florence, especially for solo traveler like myself. :) its also a good location.

Both the hostel owners (young couple) are some of the nicest people you will meet, anywhere. When checking in I had one of the most detailed explanations of what to do and see, very helpful. They were both helpful in recommending vineyards to visit for a day trip to Chianti. The hostel is a 10 min walk from the center of town. Not a big deal at all.

• 27th Oct 2014

Liborio is really nice. I just met Laura on the last day and she seems to be awesome as well. The breakfast is simple but good value and it has nutella =)

DanyHouse was lovely. there were six of us and we all really loved it there. Laura and Libiro were wonderful. they were informative and kind. They gave us breakfast and respected our late sleeping. The location was just a five-ten minute walk to the center of Florence. and a short cab ride from deep into the center of Florence. I cannot imagine going back to Florence and not staying there. Very hospitable people. Great Blood Orange Juice.

• 20th Oct 2014

I highly recommend for users this hostel!!!! I love the owner of there,so sweet and kind.If I have a chance to visiting Florence ext time,I will try to stay there.

Very friendly, young and helpful hosts. Any question will be answered. Transportation, cafes, food, sightseeing - everything. Perfect place for meeting other travelers and finding new friends from all over the world. If You are one then this is definetly a place for you. The location is safe for walking at night and theres a good pizzeria and supermarket nearby.

I originally booked a 4 bed mixed dorm but due to some problem they suggested me for 5 bed mixed dorm and a breakfast as a compensation in the email which I still have. I accepted it. I was supposed to arrive between 8 - 9 pm, but I arrived earlier, so I waited outside. About 30 minute later, luckily someone else arrived and called them. They said they'll be here in 5 minutes but it took 30 minutes. They didn't say any single word of sorry to me, and lied they were outside only 30 minute.

I am very sorry for this your reviews and comments. We apologize more than once in both our email and in person when you arrived, we had a problem with a room for just one night and we decided not to do the kind of confusion and send you to another hostel. Upon your arrival we were out to solve that problem and we were only 30 minutes away, your attitude has always been very arrogant and rude. Anyway, in the time of your reservation arrival was for 8-9 pm, we left at 5 pm you could send an e-mai

Great little hostel with wonderful owners!!! We really enjoyed our stay and couldn't recommend it more!! It books out quick though so make sure you reserve a place if you are going to stay here.

No doubt that was the best hostel in all Europe.You can feel that you are in your own house. I trully recommend this hostel. Really close from all the important places from the city, room is really big, wifi works, and a nice restaurant just in the other corner. Best of luck to Dany's House. Se you in some years.

• 12th Oct 2014

This is a brilliant hostel! Definitely worth the money. The owners are a super nice couple who go out of their way to make you feel at home! Gave lots of great tips about Florence and possible day trips. This was a small hostel, nice and cosy. Rooms were spacious and very clean. There's a fridge and microwave too which helps! Would highly recommend.

Dany house is a very nice Hostel. It's super easy to meet other travelers and the staff gives you very good advice on what to do in Florence. Sadly I couldn't leave my backpack there on the checkout day. The traveler tax of 2 euros is not included in the price!

Thanks for the compliments we are honored. But I do not understand why you have to point out that you could not leave your luggage, our website it says that we do not have storage and also says that taxes are not included in the price, this is a small family hostel, it is also for this it is so easy to make friends with other travelers. I hope you will come back to see us anyway !!!

DanyHouse is wonderful, and I cannot recommend it enough. Laura and Liborio are wonderful hosts, incredibly friendly and always ready to help. They will advise you about the best places to go to experience the city. There are ten beds across three rooms, which makes it a cosy hostel, easy to meet people and make friends. It is a 20 minute walk into the centre of Florence, but you will not mind. I will definitely be returning next time I visit Florence. Grazie Laura e Liborio!

I wanted to move in with them! Laura gives you the best introduction to Florence and recommends many things to do based on what you tell her you,re interested in. < The location isnt difficult at all, you hardly feel the walk and you pass through a cool student area and the central market to get to the tourist destinations. I would only ever stay there in Florence.

Please note that when choosing 4 bed mix dorm without ensuite, it's actually a 5 bed!!!! The family at Danyhouse were so so nice! That sat down with us and went through a map of all the main sites! The €2 breakfast was a bargain! Location is great! No lockers though but I felt safe leaving my stuff!

« first « Prev 1 2 3