DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

Amazing stay! Keep up the great atmosphere and hospitality. The most important characteristic of a hostel, to me, is the atmosphere and socializing between the guests. The set up you have is so perfect for this, so my only suggestion would be to keep doing what you're doing and continue to focus on connecting travellers with one another. Thanks!

• 9th Apr 2014

That's one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. I truly felt like home and Jonathan and Ela help for that with their friendliness. I loved the 2euro italian breakfast :D. Thank you Jonathan for amazing stay at your home. I'll be back soon :)

DanyHouse is outside the centre of Florence, but it has a cool atmosphere and a really lovely host. There was no lock on our door and no lockers available, which was unfortunate. Jonathan, the owner, was very accommodating and friendly. One in our group was arriving after hours and had emailed to let the hostel know, but still when she arrived she was locked out and had to try three different payphones to get ahold of the owner. That was not so great, but I would still recommend DanyHouse.

I'm sorry if the girls do not feel safe at Dany House, during the period when it was you here, it is true there was none! but generally there is always someone in the building, even at night! plus there are cameras that record day and night.Then I know people who are guests and I know when I can get away. However, you are very nice and I hope to see you again! A big kiss from Florence! Jonathan's Dany House

Definitely, I would strongly recommend this Hostel. There was a great atmosphere at the common area. Jonathan (staff) is an incredible guy who is right there to help you and give you lot of advices. Once you enter at the hostel, he just makes you sit and explains you how Florence looks like, telling you the right places you should visit. I am really keen on getting back to that amazing city and, therefore, I would not hesitate in booking this Hostel again!!

While the hostel was a standard for its type, it was elevated by the genuine helpfulness and welcome of it's owner/host.

• 24th Mar 2014

Where to start... The hostel had everything you'd normally expect, and there is nothing negative to say at all. What I loved the most was the atmosphere Jonathan has created there. He is so warm and inviting, and he genuinely wants everyone to enjoy Florence and each other's company. He brings wine & snacks every night to the common room, so it encourages everyone to sit and chill together. It was a great environment for meeting other travelers. Stop looking and just book this hostel. Seriously.

Thak you! you soo nice! I hope see you again another time! Dany House don't forget nice people! Big Kiss! Jonathan

This hostel is such a warm and cozy place. It is clean and very much like staying at a friend's house. It is a pleasure walking up to such happy people like Jonathan. Cannot express how amazing he is. There is also free wine and snacks every night which brings everyone together. Lovely place!

I spent a really great time in this hostel. Very small but with the amazing atmosphere. I felt like I was at home. If I come to Florence again I will stay only in this hostel.

Thank you Nastia! I'll wait for you! Kisses from Florence! Jonathan's Dany House

great place to stay! I'm happy im lucky!

• 11th Feb 2014

I was travelling bymyself, and I had a wonderfull experience in Dany House. Every evening, Jonathan the owner of the hostel will bring some snaks and wine and we all gather together. It was very easy to get to know people in the hostel.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Thank you Nuria! Ihope see you again beatiful girl! I don't forget nice people! Kisses from Florence! Jonathan's dany House

Extremely friendly staff! In a great location. Very easy to meet other traveler's because the hostel is cozy and comfortable and there are little parties every night in the dining room. I only wish I could have been able to use the kitchen to cook...

• 2nd Feb 2014

Thank you Ariella! See you next time! Ciaoooo!!!

Cool hostel, really small so it's easy to meet people. No lockers though and no locks on doors but it's still a good place

Hi Jessica! I am sorry did not felt safe at Dany House but I remind you that there is Always someone of the staff in the hostel, in the night too! And then there are the cameras that record 24 hours 24! But that's ok! I hope every think is well for you to the next place! Good luck! Jonathan's Dany House

That's perfect for those who travel alone (or in tiny groups) and has intention of meeting new people! I felt i was home, because Jonathan's hospitality was awesome, as he says "in others hostels were are just bed numbers, at Dany's Hostel, you are my friend", He was also very nice showing everything that Florence has by drawning on the map! Free snacks, cakes, juice and Italian wine are on the table everyday! I would stay again at Dany's Hostel!!

Didn't even make it to the place but I've been there before. Got to see dany! Seriously the best hostel in Florence. So welcoming.

Thyank you Nicholas! I hope see you again! Big hug From Florence! Jonathan's Dany House

Great Hostel. Jonathan is a great person, and he makes sure everyone is having a good time. He offers wine to the guests every night, so everyone has a chance to socialize.

thank you Ryan! I hope see you again! Good luck from Florence! Jonathan's Dany House

Absolutely lovely experience there. Met tons of great people, the atmosphere is fantastic. Would go back in a heart beat!

So DanyHouse is not centrally located. And there isn't an actual kitchen. But all that does not matter. Because the atmosphere trumps all these. It is like DanyHouse brings out the best in people and creates this really fun, friendly atmosphere. How? Thanks to Jonathan and Ela who are deserve an award for being such amazing hosts. You could almost describe them as "aggressively hospitable". I had an amazing stay, met some great people and will definitely stay again next time I'm in Florence.

Thank you Odaro! We don't forget you! WE'll wait you another time! Big hug from Florence! Jonathan and Ela

DanyHouse was great. Due mainly to Jonathan. He creates a great culture of friends, very nice guy and over the top helpful. You'll be happy to stay in this hostel, read all the great reviews below, it's why I choose it.

• 24th Dec 2013

We had a very nice stay at Dany House. Jonathan and Ela were both incredibly sweet and always ready to answer any questions we might have. The place was very clean and every night Jonathan shared some of his family's homemade wine. The only negatives were that the beds were very soft and saggy, so they weren't all that comfortable.

I loved my stay here! Jonathan is the BEST host imaginable. The hostel is a small walk from the centre of town, and at times the Wifi was slow, but what a great little hostel! Would definitely go back in a heartbeat!