DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Italy

Staying at DanyHouse was one of the best parts of our trip to Firenze! My boyfriend and I had such a pleasant stay and will definitely stay here the next time we travel in Florence. Liborio and Laura were awesome! They suggested the most amazing places to visit in Florence and were so helpful with everything. They also provided the best orange juice I have ever tasted! We have stayed at many hostels around Europe and no one does it like DanyHouse. We miss DanyHouse already!

Thank you so much we were honored to have met you and hope you come back soon and visit us again to drink a glass of orange juice together, do not wait another three years to return ..... :-)

Staying at dany house was one of my favorite experiences. The host LIbotio and Laura were very welcoming and funny. We will not forget the time that we spent there. Since we first met them, they showed us the places that we should go to in the city with their favorite resturants and gelatrias. It was unforgetable experience for all of us. And definitely we are coming back again whenever we go to Florence.

Thank you so much guys we were honored to have met you and hope you come back soon and visit us again to drink a good glass of wine together, you are very cute ...... or we'll come find you to go to wmc 2015 in Miami or to tomorrowland 2015 :-)

I loved my stay in Florence mainly because of Dany House. Liborio and Laura gave me such a warm and friendly welcome and I felt like I was part of a little family. I loved the atmosphere there! Liborio is a really really funny guy and Laura is a sweetheart! They have a little get-together with wine in the evenings to make sure everyone has a great time. If you ever come to Florence, choose Dany House and I'll guarantee you'll have a blast! Thank you again Liborio and Laura :)

Thank you so much we were honored to have met you and hope you come back soon and visit us again to drink a good glass of wine together. Liborio

Laura and Liborio were wonderful. Thank you for your warm welcome and helpful guidance to explore Firenze. It was walking distance to the center of the city, supermarket, great restaurants, and train stations. The hostel is located on a quiet and beautiful street, away from traffic and noise. There is a pleasant balcony connected to a common room that is a great place to socialize with other travelers. Grazie mille!

We had a great time here everyone was very friendly! It was very clean and the bathroom was big. It is a small hostel which is nice if you want a quiet nice place to stay.

Dany House really feels like my home away from home! The wine parties, friendly atmosphere, cute communal breakfast and incredibly helpful hosts really made my trip amazing. The location is great. It's just far away from the very touristy part of town that you feel like a local in your own Italian apartment. But, it's also an easy walk (or super fast bus ride) to the main piazzas and sights, so you won't miss out on any of that.

I had a terrible stay and would not go back! I arrived after 14 hours of traveling- I was not permitted to shower or even have my room yet- and I was leaving the next day at 1, check out is 11 (2hours difference) an he would not let me keep my bag there. So I had to walk to the train station and pay 12€ for them to hold my bag!!!! All around horrible experience.

Unfortunately I was paired in a room with some young teenagers who made the room a complete mess and it smelled like feet. The staff and everyone are super friendly, provided a nice breakfast. Gave us maps with the best restaurants/gelatos in Florence.

This is for sure one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Liborio and Laura are amazing hosts and their 8pm wine party brings all of the guests together, so that they can meet up and go out together. For a solo traveller, this is a MUST STAY while in Firenze Super clean (daily cleanings) and a modest ammount of guests (10 i believe) turns strangers into short-lived little families. Don't miss this one.

• 18th Jul 2014

The place is right in the city center so great for sightseeing.

Hello there, thank you for staying here at Dany House, I hope the next time you come to see me you can satisfy even more, at least give me a nice 100! thank you

Very happy with my stay here :) When I arrived in the afternoon, even though they were cleaning one of the staff sat down with me and outlined a bunch of places on a map of the city. Their suggestion of where to get good and cheap gelato and meals was very helpful. There weren't any lockers, but getting in required two different keys so it didn't feel too insecure. Know what the address is, otherwise you may walk passed it as there was only a small sign. Definitely recommended!

The owners are very friendly and helpful. The facilities are not new but clean. Bus 13 is convenient and you also can walk to/from the station through the city centre which takes 30mins.

I stayed here for 4 nights last June 2014. Liborio is an amazing host, although I did not speak Italian he has a high-tech idea to communicate using his iPad. He is passionate in entertaining his guests. Making sure we had an amazing stay at DanyHouse & making sure the house is clean. I think the house has the right amount of room & the right number of visitors. With that said, you will have the chance to meet everybody & have a drink of Liborio's wine in the common room.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

DanyHouse was a lovely hostel that I would definitely stay at again! Liborio and Laura were amazing hosts and greeted us with wine, maps, and great suggestions on where to eat and get gelato. The hostel felt really quite safe, and we met some lovely people here. Unfortunately we weren't around much for the 7pm wine time, but got the feeling that there weren't too many other travelers there at the time. About a 30 min walk to the river and 20 to the center. All in all, a great experience.

I adored the staff - so friendly, welcoming and helpful. Laura and Liborio will really go out of their way to accommodate you. They gave me a very helpful intro to Florence and explained all the great places to see. Overall, Florence was one of my favourite of 9 cities across Italy, Spain and Portugal that I visited and this hostel was one of my favourites. They don't have lockers but you can leave your things with them for the day after check-out.

The owners are the best. I never had such a kind of experience in a hostel. I would come there back 1000 times if I could.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Costa Rica

A friendly, comfortable, inviting place to stay in a lovely city. Very clean and nice place to come back to after a busy tourist day. The owners play nice music in the common room that always put me in a great mood for the day. The beds are very comfortable and the common room is awesome. I only wish the blankets were a little longer, but I also could have asked for a longer one and did not say anything! The back double room is the best, as the window in that room opens to a quieter street.

The staff were so nice and they provided wine and snacks in the evening. They were very welcoming and told me everything I needed to know and more about Firenze, I would recommend for anyone.

• 16th Jun 2014

I had a very nice time at DanyHouse Florence! The staff made my experience, so friendly and welcoming, and happy to explain the city to you. My only two complaints are that it's a little far from the sights, and that there was only one bathroom for the 6 person room. Otherwise it was a great hostel to stay in, especially for those traveling solo because there was a great group atmosphere. Thanks DanyHouse!

Jonathan, Labarrio, and Lara are three of the nicest people I have ever met, we absolutely loved our stay at DanyHouse. We loved the nightly wine party (the wine was delicious and we got to know others in the hostel quite well), and the restaurant they suggested was delicious too! Our first night we were quite hot in the private room, but when we returned from the day they had put a fan in the room. Great place, wouldn't stay anywhere else in florence.

Hello there, Thank you so much, we are pleased to have met some great people like you. I hope that one day I would be proud to see me back. Thank you again. Liborio Dany's house

« first « Prev 1 2 3