DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Italy

Please note that when choosing 4 bed mix dorm without ensuite, it's actually a 5 bed!!!! The family at Danyhouse were so so nice! That sat down with us and went through a map of all the main sites! The €2 breakfast was a bargain! Location is great! No lockers though but I felt safe leaving my stuff!

I enjoyed staying at DanyHouse. It felt like staying with an Italian family and not like an standard Hostel.

Small hostel- it is basically Liborio and his wife's flat. They are very hospitable owners and makes you feel at home right away. It's cozy and clean, optional sweet breakfast involving packaged croissant, biscuits and cereal. There are also snacks and wine in the evening! No lockers or kitchen facility. Excellent atmosphere, would recommend!

Liborio gives you some really useful tips and places to go when you get there. Very clean and tidy!

Amazing! Liborio and Laura are fantastic people. It's like you are at home. Everything are perfect. I really recommend it!

I had an amazing time at dany house and in florence and this was mainly down to liborio and laura! who are very welcoming and wonderful people! they were so helpful in telling me about where to eat and places to see. The hostel itself is very clean and very safe and I would definitley recommend it!

You're kind of far from the city center and all the sights, but these people are some of the nicest I've ever met. They share the hostel and have their own private room. 2 young children. Share wine from their grandfathers vineyard. Very small hostel with only one shared room. This is not a party hostel, but you definitely get to know the people there. Different experience from other hostels, but it was great.

Thanks to Danny House, I had such an amazing experience! Because of the way they invite all guests to enjoy themselves together in the kitchen area, you make a lot of new friends...friends who you'll have forever! Beds were always clean, facikities always clean, overall a 100% time!

I had a wonderful stay at Dany House. The staff, Laura and Liborio, are very helpful and their hospitality makes Dany House a home away from home. The hostel has a nice common room where it's easy to meet people, and it's close enough to walk to the main attractions in the city. A great place to stay when in Florence!

The owners were incredibly helpful and friendly. One of the nights they even held a little party with some wine and chips. Very clean. Location was ok. A bit of a walk to get everywhere-about 15/20 min to train station, about 30 minutes to the center area. I don't mind walking, but after a few days of back and forth, back and forth, it grew tiring. No security lockers in the room...we had to carry all of our valuables with us the whole time. It was a great place to stay though.

I spend very good time at there. Thank you.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Thanks to Liberio and Laura for making our stay very comfortable.

Staying at DanyHouse was one of the best parts of our trip to Firenze! My boyfriend and I had such a pleasant stay and will definitely stay here the next time we travel in Florence. Liborio and Laura were awesome! They suggested the most amazing places to visit in Florence and were so helpful with everything. They also provided the best orange juice I have ever tasted! We have stayed at many hostels around Europe and no one does it like DanyHouse. We miss DanyHouse already!

Thank you so much we were honored to have met you and hope you come back soon and visit us again to drink a glass of orange juice together, do not wait another three years to return ..... :-)

Staying at dany house was one of my favorite experiences. The host LIbotio and Laura were very welcoming and funny. We will not forget the time that we spent there. Since we first met them, they showed us the places that we should go to in the city with their favorite resturants and gelatrias. It was unforgetable experience for all of us. And definitely we are coming back again whenever we go to Florence.

Thank you so much guys we were honored to have met you and hope you come back soon and visit us again to drink a good glass of wine together, you are very cute ...... or we'll come find you to go to wmc 2015 in Miami or to tomorrowland 2015 :-)

I loved my stay in Florence mainly because of Dany House. Liborio and Laura gave me such a warm and friendly welcome and I felt like I was part of a little family. I loved the atmosphere there! Liborio is a really really funny guy and Laura is a sweetheart! They have a little get-together with wine in the evenings to make sure everyone has a great time. If you ever come to Florence, choose Dany House and I'll guarantee you'll have a blast! Thank you again Liborio and Laura :)

Thank you so much we were honored to have met you and hope you come back soon and visit us again to drink a good glass of wine together. Liborio

Laura and Liborio were wonderful. Thank you for your warm welcome and helpful guidance to explore Firenze. It was walking distance to the center of the city, supermarket, great restaurants, and train stations. The hostel is located on a quiet and beautiful street, away from traffic and noise. There is a pleasant balcony connected to a common room that is a great place to socialize with other travelers. Grazie mille!

We had a great time here everyone was very friendly! It was very clean and the bathroom was big. It is a small hostel which is nice if you want a quiet nice place to stay.

A very clean and welcoming hostel. I was told this was a party hostel but the two nights I was here were very quiet. Lovely staff, no bunk beds, and spacious rooms, and delicious breakfast for 2 euros in the morning. The only downside is that it's about a 20-30 minute walk from the city. Still a great place to stay in Florence.

Dany House really feels like my home away from home! The wine parties, friendly atmosphere, cute communal breakfast and incredibly helpful hosts really made my trip amazing. The location is great. It's just far away from the very touristy part of town that you feel like a local in your own Italian apartment. But, it's also an easy walk (or super fast bus ride) to the main piazzas and sights, so you won't miss out on any of that.

I had a terrible stay and would not go back! I arrived after 14 hours of traveling- I was not permitted to shower or even have my room yet- and I was leaving the next day at 1, check out is 11 (2hours difference) an he would not let me keep my bag there. So I had to walk to the train station and pay 12€ for them to hold my bag!!!! All around horrible experience.

I am very sorry that Dany House has been a bad experience for you, but I have to make you see that your arrival at Dany House was at 7 in the morning and check in begins at 9 am. I could not give immediately the room as other guests were still sleeping in that room and I still had to clean and change the sheets. I have, however, allowed to take a shower right away and you left the bathroom all dirty! ,,,, Also the w.c. The way you do it has always been arrogant and self-effacing.