DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Italy

Really a wonderful place to stay. It feels more like than a living community than a Hostel. One of the most pleasant stays I have ever in a hostel. Although it's not in the very centrer of the city it is just at the start of it so it is in a good point to start exploring.

Thank you so mutch.. I hope see you again! Big hug from Florence! Jonathan and Liborio from Dany House

Easily the best hostel I've stayed at. Jonathon and David of America were excellent hosts. Very accommodating and friendly. They're goal during your stay is to make you feel comfortable and become family. Jonathon will give you excellent tips on what to see and eat. Highly recommend this hostel and would definitely stay there again!

Jonathan is really warm! He gave us a map and told us all the worth-visiting places and how to reach there. Also the restaurants and gelato shop that he recommended is great.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • China

Becca and I had the most amazing time in Florence and it is all because of Jonathon! He runs an amazing hostel and he definitely is the reason we were able to see and do everything we wanted in the city. The wine each night was also great! Also, if not for Jonathon we would have missed our train to Turin so we want to say thank you for helping us to get to the train station in time we were so grateful. Hope to visit again in the near future!! :)

• 24th Apr 2014

Great staff which greatly enhanced out stay

The hostel is absolutely fantastic!!! Jonathan is such a great host recommending authentic food and giving advice! The home-made wine was provided every night. There is always staff in the hostel providing help and organizing small party. I met new friends and had a really good time there. I can't recommend this hostel enough !!! XD!!

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • China

Should you stay at DanyHouse? Should you breathe air? Should you eat well, and get plenty of exercise? Like these other essentials, your experience with Johnathan, and his guesthouse will do you more good than harm. You'll likely make friends, while enjoying the guidance of a host who truly cares about the quality of your experience.

As a solo traveler, my stay in Florence seriously wouldn't have been the same if I hadn't stayed here! :) Jonathan is an awesome and friendly person, very informative, and made me feel right at home along with the fellow travelers there! I would Highly recommend here definitely! Great Hostel!

The stay in Florence was great. Our host Jonathan was just wonderful. Very pacient and kind. He has a definite calling to run his nice hostel in Florence. I would definetely stay there again. Thank you Dany House.

ionathan is a funny guy, he gather us together and offer us drinks and snacks, i had really good time there!

Allow me to start by saying that out of over 30 hostels I've been to this is the clear favorite. Best hostel in the world. Jonathan is a legend, Ela is lovely, the dogs are adorable, and if you want an amazing atmosphere in the gorgeous city of Florence then this is the place to be. You make friends with all of the other guests, whether it be during the cheap breakfast or the nightly wine in the common room. This is a special place and I hope it is not the last time I see the folks at DanyHouse!

Amazing stay! Keep up the great atmosphere and hospitality. The most important characteristic of a hostel, to me, is the atmosphere and socializing between the guests. The set up you have is so perfect for this, so my only suggestion would be to keep doing what you're doing and continue to focus on connecting travellers with one another. Thanks!

• 9th Apr 2014

Jonathan is a wonderful man who wanted to provide us with a great time in Florence. Unfortunately after the second night at DanyHouse and every night (4 total) I woke up with numerous patterned bites all over my shoulders, arms, hands, and a few on my legs too. When I notified another staff member, my concerns were swept under the rug (deemed "mosquito bites"). Upon some basic internet research it was clear what the bites were. DanyHouse had a lot of potential but I was ultimately disappointed.

Hi there I am sorry to hear about your bites. I spoke to David and he was under the impression that they only showed up the last night which is why he assumed they were mosquito bites. At this time in Italy mosquitoes can be very bad. I assure you that I take bed bugs very seriously and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. I dont think it is fair however to give such a low review for something so particular because the hostel is always very clean and many others around the world agree

Jonathan was awesome! Very kind and helpful. There's always people smiling at DanyHouse. The room was big and de beds very comfortables. We loved them. It's a small house and you feel like home. You have to pay €2 for breakfast (the cheapest we finded) and you have a lot of delightful things. The hostel doesn't have kitchen, but there's a microwave. Everything was perfect. We'll love to come back.

That's one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. I truly felt like home and Jonathan and Ela help for that with their friendliness. I loved the 2euro italian breakfast :D. Thank you Jonathan for amazing stay at your home. I'll be back soon :)

DanyHouse is outside the centre of Florence, but it has a cool atmosphere and a really lovely host. There was no lock on our door and no lockers available, which was unfortunate. Jonathan, the owner, was very accommodating and friendly. One in our group was arriving after hours and had emailed to let the hostel know, but still when she arrived she was locked out and had to try three different payphones to get ahold of the owner. That was not so great, but I would still recommend DanyHouse.

I'm sorry if the girls do not feel safe at Dany House, during the period when it was you here, it is true there was none! but generally there is always someone in the building, even at night! plus there are cameras that record day and night.Then I know people who are guests and I know when I can get away. However, you are very nice and I hope to see you again! A big kiss from Florence! Jonathan's Dany House

Definitely, I would strongly recommend this Hostel. There was a great atmosphere at the common area. Jonathan (staff) is an incredible guy who is right there to help you and give you lot of advices. Once you enter at the hostel, he just makes you sit and explains you how Florence looks like, telling you the right places you should visit. I am really keen on getting back to that amazing city and, therefore, I would not hesitate in booking this Hostel again!!

It was a very good experience, great staff & very nice atmosphere !! the free house wine is very excellent. we want to come back !

While the hostel was a standard for its type, it was elevated by the genuine helpfulness and welcome of it's owner/host.

• 24th Mar 2014

Where to start... The hostel had everything you'd normally expect, and there is nothing negative to say at all. What I loved the most was the atmosphere Jonathan has created there. He is so warm and inviting, and he genuinely wants everyone to enjoy Florence and each other's company. He brings wine & snacks every night to the common room, so it encourages everyone to sit and chill together. It was a great environment for meeting other travelers. Stop looking and just book this hostel. Seriously.

Thak you! you soo nice! I hope see you again another time! Dany House don't forget nice people! Big Kiss! Jonathan