DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Italy

Becca and I had the most amazing time in Florence and it is all because of Jonathon! He runs an amazing hostel and he definitely is the reason we were able to see and do everything we wanted in the city. The wine each night was also great! Also, if not for Jonathon we would have missed our train to Turin so we want to say thank you for helping us to get to the train station in time we were so grateful. Hope to visit again in the near future!! :)

• 24th Apr 2014

Great staff which greatly enhanced out stay

The hostel is absolutely fantastic!!! Jonathan is such a great host recommending authentic food and giving advice! The home-made wine was provided every night. There is always staff in the hostel providing help and organizing small party. I met new friends and had a really good time there. I can't recommend this hostel enough !!! XD!!

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • China

Should you stay at DanyHouse? Should you breathe air? Should you eat well, and get plenty of exercise? Like these other essentials, your experience with Johnathan, and his guesthouse will do you more good than harm. You'll likely make friends, while enjoying the guidance of a host who truly cares about the quality of your experience.

As a solo traveler, my stay in Florence seriously wouldn't have been the same if I hadn't stayed here! :) Jonathan is an awesome and friendly person, very informative, and made me feel right at home along with the fellow travelers there! I would Highly recommend here definitely! Great Hostel!

The stay in Florence was great. Our host Jonathan was just wonderful. Very pacient and kind. He has a definite calling to run his nice hostel in Florence. I would definetely stay there again. Thank you Dany House.

ionathan is a funny guy, he gather us together and offer us drinks and snacks, i had really good time there!

Allow me to start by saying that out of over 30 hostels I've been to this is the clear favorite. Best hostel in the world. Jonathan is a legend, Ela is lovely, the dogs are adorable, and if you want an amazing atmosphere in the gorgeous city of Florence then this is the place to be. You make friends with all of the other guests, whether it be during the cheap breakfast or the nightly wine in the common room. This is a special place and I hope it is not the last time I see the folks at DanyHouse!

Amazing stay! Keep up the great atmosphere and hospitality. The most important characteristic of a hostel, to me, is the atmosphere and socializing between the guests. The set up you have is so perfect for this, so my only suggestion would be to keep doing what you're doing and continue to focus on connecting travellers with one another. Thanks!

• 9th Apr 2014

Jonathan is a wonderful man who wanted to provide us with a great time in Florence. Unfortunately after the second night at DanyHouse and every night (4 total) I woke up with numerous patterned bites all over my shoulders, arms, hands, and a few on my legs too. When I notified another staff member, my concerns were swept under the rug (deemed "mosquito bites"). Upon some basic internet research it was clear what the bites were. DanyHouse had a lot of potential but I was ultimately disappointed.

Hi there I am sorry to hear about your bites. I spoke to David and he was under the impression that they only showed up the last night which is why he assumed they were mosquito bites. At this time in Italy mosquitoes can be very bad. I assure you that I take bed bugs very seriously and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. I dont think it is fair however to give such a low review for something so particular because the hostel is always very clean and many others around the world agree

Jonathan was awesome! Very kind and helpful. There's always people smiling at DanyHouse. The room was big and de beds very comfortables. We loved them. It's a small house and you feel like home. You have to pay €2 for breakfast (the cheapest we finded) and you have a lot of delightful things. The hostel doesn't have kitchen, but there's a microwave. Everything was perfect. We'll love to come back.

That's one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. I truly felt like home and Jonathan and Ela help for that with their friendliness. I loved the 2euro italian breakfast :D. Thank you Jonathan for amazing stay at your home. I'll be back soon :)

1 2 3 Next » last »