DanyHouse Reviews

Via Bolognese,8, Florence, Italy

ionathan is a funny guy, he gather us together and offer us drinks and snacks, i had really good time there!

Allow me to start by saying that out of over 30 hostels I've been to this is the clear favorite. Best hostel in the world. Jonathan is a legend, Ela is lovely, the dogs are adorable, and if you want an amazing atmosphere in the gorgeous city of Florence then this is the place to be. You make friends with all of the other guests, whether it be during the cheap breakfast or the nightly wine in the common room. This is a special place and I hope it is not the last time I see the folks at DanyHouse!

Amazing stay! Keep up the great atmosphere and hospitality. The most important characteristic of a hostel, to me, is the atmosphere and socializing between the guests. The set up you have is so perfect for this, so my only suggestion would be to keep doing what you're doing and continue to focus on connecting travellers with one another. Thanks!

• 9th Apr 2014

Jonathan is a wonderful man who wanted to provide us with a great time in Florence. Unfortunately after the second night at DanyHouse and every night (4 total) I woke up with numerous patterned bites all over my shoulders, arms, hands, and a few on my legs too. When I notified another staff member, my concerns were swept under the rug (deemed "mosquito bites"). Upon some basic internet research it was clear what the bites were. DanyHouse had a lot of potential but I was ultimately disappointed.

Hi there I am sorry to hear about your bites. I spoke to David and he was under the impression that they only showed up the last night which is why he assumed they were mosquito bites. At this time in Italy mosquitoes can be very bad. I assure you that I take bed bugs very seriously and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. I dont think it is fair however to give such a low review for something so particular because the hostel is always very clean and many others around the world agree

Jonathan was awesome! Very kind and helpful. There's always people smiling at DanyHouse. The room was big and de beds very comfortables. We loved them. It's a small house and you feel like home. You have to pay €2 for breakfast (the cheapest we finded) and you have a lot of delightful things. The hostel doesn't have kitchen, but there's a microwave. Everything was perfect. We'll love to come back.

That's one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. I truly felt like home and Jonathan and Ela help for that with their friendliness. I loved the 2euro italian breakfast :D. Thank you Jonathan for amazing stay at your home. I'll be back soon :)

DanyHouse is outside the centre of Florence, but it has a cool atmosphere and a really lovely host. There was no lock on our door and no lockers available, which was unfortunate. Jonathan, the owner, was very accommodating and friendly. One in our group was arriving after hours and had emailed to let the hostel know, but still when she arrived she was locked out and had to try three different payphones to get ahold of the owner. That was not so great, but I would still recommend DanyHouse.

I'm sorry if the girls do not feel safe at Dany House, during the period when it was you here, it is true there was none! but generally there is always someone in the building, even at night! plus there are cameras that record day and night.Then I know people who are guests and I know when I can get away. However, you are very nice and I hope to see you again! A big kiss from Florence! Jonathan's Dany House

Definitely, I would strongly recommend this Hostel. There was a great atmosphere at the common area. Jonathan (staff) is an incredible guy who is right there to help you and give you lot of advices. Once you enter at the hostel, he just makes you sit and explains you how Florence looks like, telling you the right places you should visit. I am really keen on getting back to that amazing city and, therefore, I would not hesitate in booking this Hostel again!!

It was a very good experience, great staff & very nice atmosphere !! the free house wine is very excellent. we want to come back !

While the hostel was a standard for its type, it was elevated by the genuine helpfulness and welcome of it's owner/host.

• 24th Mar 2014

Where to start... The hostel had everything you'd normally expect, and there is nothing negative to say at all. What I loved the most was the atmosphere Jonathan has created there. He is so warm and inviting, and he genuinely wants everyone to enjoy Florence and each other's company. He brings wine & snacks every night to the common room, so it encourages everyone to sit and chill together. It was a great environment for meeting other travelers. Stop looking and just book this hostel. Seriously.

Thak you! you soo nice! I hope see you again another time! Dany House don't forget nice people! Big Kiss! Jonathan

This hostel is such a warm and cozy place. It is clean and very much like staying at a friend's house. It is a pleasure walking up to such happy people like Jonathan. Cannot express how amazing he is. There is also free wine and snacks every night which brings everyone together. Lovely place!

1 2 3 Next » last »