Dar Al Bahar Reviews

1 rue de Touahen, Essaouira, Morocco

Wonderful location and a totally relaxed atmosphere.

This was a good riad right on the ocean and we enjoyed watching the waves crashing against the rocks from our window and from the wonderful roof terrace. Breakfast was excellent, although wifi only worked in the lobby.

This was a great place to stay in Essaouira. It was very relaxing and walking distance to all. The people surrounding Dar Al Bahar were also very helpful when my friend and I could not figure out initially which direction to go. Wonderful experience!

Really friendly staff, awesome rooftop terrace. Close to the main street but still silent.

Dar Al Bahar was very beautiful and the staff was excellent! the room was great, what a great view we had!! Very clean and good hot shower. The Moroccan breakfast was perfect. A very relaxing place in Essaouira, with a great staff who were very helpful and friendly. I will recommend this place to everyone who travels there.

we stayed one night only. beautiful view of the ocean from the terrace but we arrived late at night and you have to walk down a few dodgy dark alley ways to find it. we moved after the first night simply to be closer to the centre. Breakfast was amazing!! rooms are clean. no air con or fans so was hot as we visited in august. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

This guest house is very nice and is a great place to stay. The room that we had was clean and nicely presented and we slept very well. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and breakfast was good. We actually upgraded our room as the basic twin didn't look so nice. When we paid a little bit more the room that we did get was lovely.

Very nice! Best breakfast in Morocco!

Very nice Hotel in a good location. Very friendly and helpful staff.

A wonderful place to stay. I have now stayed here multiple times now. It is located near the main square and the staff is incredibly helpful. The atmosphere is relaxed, and some of my favorite Moroccan memories happened on the roof while smoking and talking with other travelers.

The staff was a bit reserved, could be more friendly...but the plece is beautiful, calm.

Very nice, authentic place to stay.

• 22nd Jul 2012

We had a wonderful night's stay here. The staff Rahmia, Najat, Fatima and Mohamed were very friendly and looked after our every need. They gave us gr8 directions, sights to see info, local cafe recommendations etc. Rahmia had a great sense of humor too! Great value and very comfortable. Hope to return for longer.

The Hostel looks nice, but they didn't clean your rome enduring your stay. The staff wasn't friendly. We asked them to call a taxi and we haved to pay 200 dirham (20 euro) just for the phonecall!! They also charged us an extra night, eventhough I was really sick and went home early

• 30th Aug 2010

We stayed here for 3days/2nights in April. The Dar Al Bahar is hard to locate at first, is worth paying 30dh to a local with a cart to help carry your bags from the coach and direct you there. When you get your bearings it's easy to find and very close to shopping etc. They do a lovely breakfast, rooms are bright, fresh and clean and there are amazing views from the roof terrace. We really enjoyed our stay here!

It's a good place if you want to get away from it all. The staff is polite, if not very talkative. The location is pretty good, not on any of the main streets, but the medina is small enough that it's within a short walk of any part of the medina. I liked it, I'd stay there again.

there were other places closer to the main square

We thought we were getting a sea view but didn't. The room was on the small side with a tiny bathroom. I think that there are much better deals to be had.

Located in the medina, in a calm area, on the ramparts, near the ocean and close to the major attractions of the old city. Very clean hotel and good continental breakfast. Spectacular ocean view from the terrace. The friendly staff made me feel like part of the family. In conclusion, good value for this price, nice memories and a promise made to my new friends at Dar Al Bahar that I will return.

We read about the view over the sea and booked because of that. But we were a bit disappointed cause we had the room next to the reception and no view at all. Mais la terasse est magnifique!

View all Essaouira Bed and Breakfasts