Dar Bargach Reviews

15 rue Mohamed Bargach, Tangier, Morocco

DONT STAY IN THE MEDINA! I've been to plenty of port towns (also traveled and lived in South/Central America for over 2 years) and this was by far the worst. Add in the fact that you're in a Muslim country, which I was told repeatedly when hassled for money, and you've got a recipe for disaster. The gang of beggars out front even had the nerve to come in to the hostel and harass the front desk guy, (who spoke no English btw) telling him I owed them money for showing me the city...

The place is beautiful - everything I expected from Marocco was included in the atmosphere - the food, the design and the location :) Staff was very friendly and helpful - thanks for cleaning ourrooms even if it was only two nights stay! We booked one room for 4 people and we got 2 double rooms instead which was even more comfortable (each one with toilet and shower). Your mint tea was the best one I drank during the whole week!

This is a nice and clean hotel, but when we asked for a map, they told us they don't have. Instead of showing us the next shop where we can buy one, they told us they will call their ''boy'', without telling us if it is includet or what we have to pay for him. In the end we had the feeling that it is more important for them to show us touristic restaurants and to get our money than doing a good service. If you choose this hotel, buy a map and find restaurants by your own.

Thank you for your comment and let us know about this problem. as a manager , im very surprised, because i made sure we have plenty and enough maps to give to our guests. This was a personal error and have no relation with our rules and instructions. Please , accept my apologize.

This was an extremely nice, very comfortable place. The staff were very kind and we were well looked after. The location in the medina was awesome. Our room was small but well equipped, the wifi was good, the rooftop was lovely, and we really enjoyed the breakfast! Definitely a great place to stay- we had a wonderful time.

View all Tangier Bed and Breakfasts