Dar Bargach Reviews

15 rue Mohamed Bargach, Tangier, Morocco

DONT STAY IN THE MEDINA! I've been to plenty of port towns (also traveled and lived in South/Central America for over 2 years) and this was by far the worst. Add in the fact that you're in a Muslim country, which I was told repeatedly when hassled for money, and you've got a recipe for disaster. The gang of beggars out front even had the nerve to come in to the hostel and harass the front desk guy, (who spoke no English btw) telling him I owed them money for showing me the city...

The place is beautiful - everything I expected from Marocco was included in the atmosphere - the food, the design and the location :) Staff was very friendly and helpful - thanks for cleaning ourrooms even if it was only two nights stay! We booked one room for 4 people and we got 2 double rooms instead which was even more comfortable (each one with toilet and shower). Your mint tea was the best one I drank during the whole week!

This is a nice and clean hotel, but when we asked for a map, they told us they don't have. Instead of showing us the next shop where we can buy one, they told us they will call their ''boy'', without telling us if it is includet or what we have to pay for him. In the end we had the feeling that it is more important for them to show us touristic restaurants and to get our money than doing a good service. If you choose this hotel, buy a map and find restaurants by your own.

Thank you for your comment and let us know about this problem. as a manager , im very surprised, because i made sure we have plenty and enough maps to give to our guests. This was a personal error and have no relation with our rules and instructions. Please , accept my apologize.

This was an extremely nice, very comfortable place. The staff were very kind and we were well looked after. The location in the medina was awesome. Our room was small but well equipped, the wifi was good, the rooftop was lovely, and we really enjoyed the breakfast! Definitely a great place to stay- we had a wonderful time.

Wonderful small hotel with authentic Maroccan decoration and very well located for visiting Tangiers. Welcoming staff and excellent breakfast included in the price.

We thought the beds were very hard, ok for 1 night but any longer uncomfortable. The noise made by fellow guests and the banging of the doors until 2am was unacceptable.

• 16th Jun 2014

Roof terrace is great (but standard for Morocco), our double was great and it's close to the Hotel Continental, which is an easy landmark. Breakfast was nice. Good option for Tangier!

Great staff and location. The air in the room can be a bit musky since there are no windows.

Good place to stay. The lady at the reception is extremely nice and got great recommendations. Breakfast is fine, rooms are ok (a little humid maybe). The location is great and easy to find. We got a taxi that took us there directly from the train station while asking us for the right price. My only real concern is about the noise coming from the reception area. There was quite a bit of chatting until 1-2 AM when we were there and the whole thing echos a lot. Earplugs required.

The beds were extremely hard - we had two different rooms while there and the beds were extremely hard in both rooms, and the place was quite dark

• 27th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best places I've ever stayed at! If you go to Tangier, definitely stay here. The location is great--right inside the Medina. We had no trouble finding the place, but make sure you have the directions down. The staff was amazing, they taught us how to make mint tea which is bomb.com. The only tip is that the roof room gets really cold at night if it's cold outside, but the staff gave us extra blankets. The roof, however, has an amazing view. We loved our entire stay

People are friendly. The place is very clean. It is easy to locate once you get use to the Medina.

I had a lovely stay. Staff were super kind and helpful. Bed was hard! I was cold the first night, but when I asked for an extra blanket I was given a very warm comfy one and after that it was lovely. Lots of hot water, tasty breakfast, beautiful space.

We had a great time at Dar Bargach. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and the showers were hot. Location was very good and the girl at the desk 'Catti' have us great advice about dealing with hustlers.

Good place to stay when you're in Tanger! It's very clean, the included breakfast is fantastic and staff is extremely friendly and helpful! Wifi didn't work in our room on the top of the building, but in return we had a great view over the city. Beds were a little firm, but okay! There is also a nice roof terrace. Easy to find when you ask for Hotel Continental, 15 meters after you see its gate for the parking place, go left, walk 30 meters and then you see the hostel!

Great staff and location, breakfast was a bit light on compared to elsewhere in Morocco but still ok. Clean and sufficient facilities. thanks heaps!

Very clean and cosy hostel, friendly staff, will recommend.

The staff was beyond friendly and accommodating. The room - I got a single - was really clean and a welcome sight after a 6-hour train ride from Casablanca. And you can't get a better location than this, right in the medina. I'd definitely stay again.

• 4th Feb 2014

Nice atmosphere and stuff, but it's hard to find. Also Tangier and Tangier's old city isn't the best place for tourists, specially for girls :)

very nice staff able to use foreign languages and spending time with guest (if they want)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5