Dar El Yasmine Reviews

34 Talla Sghira Derb Ahl Tadl, Fez, Morocco

...and very good breakfast!

Home. That is how it felt and no other word ca summarize it. Hassane and the rest of the staff will make sure that everything is there for you. Since we put our first steps in this cozy Dar, it was like an oasis on the middle of the medina. Starting with the rooms and the common area, to the beautiful terrace in which you can see the medina from above and enjoy the quietness. We finished our trip in Fes and this Dar is the best they could have happened to make sure that I will come back.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Very well located and clean only staid 2 nigth but very good experience

Had a fantastic time. The staff were extremely kind and always made us tea. The breakfast was one of the best I've ever hard. The location was convenient and easy to find. Would definitely recommend everyone to stay here!

• 8th Jan 2016

The staff took care of everything : book a cab to bring us from the airport, and a member of the staff welcomed us at the entry of the old city. Traditionnal mint tea when we arrived at the hostel. Excellent breakfast in the morning. Comfy rooms. We had a great stay.

I've stayed here a couple of times now, the staff are always really lovely and the breakfast is great! The hostel is nicely decorated, always clean and has a nice atmosphere. It's also in a really good location and easy to find.

Thanks for your feedback happy to hear that you spent a good time in our please . we are always looking to offer the best services for our Clients : we usually help our guest to organise a shared excursions to : Meknes ,volubilus ,moulay iddress : 20 euros per Person . Middle atlas 20 euros PP . Chefchaouen 30 euros PP we also organise a desert trips from fes to the desert also finishing in Marrakech . you are always welcome to Dar el yasmine .

It is a really nice place, the house is beautiful the beds cozy with lots of blankets. The staff is very helpful, don't be intimidated by Mohammed's presence he is a genuine guy with a sharp mind. They do serve great breakfast and have a great location in the Medina close to the blue gate.

Dear Franziska Thanks for your lovely words ,looking forward to welcome you again here in Dar el yasmine . It's Possible if you want to Book your Day Trips ,Transfers in Advanced . we also organise Desert Trips Depart from Fes & Marrakech . Best Wishes

I am having troubles with my back after leaving that place the beds are beyond rock hard

we had a lovely stay here. the staff was super friendly and very generous. if we come back to fez we will stay here again.

Dear Patricia Thanks for your lovely feedback ,we are looking to welcome you in Dar el yasmine . your good words helped us to keep doing our best to offer the best services we can . Best Regards

Very good breakfast, good shower, ok wifi connection, good rooftop. From the staff I got different opinions, but overall they are nice.

TAX CHARGES, even though when you book through hostel world it says no additional costs, the owners of this place tack on 25% !! when you check out. They then bully and get loud if you argue, stay elsewhere many good places in Fez.

It'a nice place. Breakfast is PERFECT !!! We asked for maps and they say they didn't give maps, they only had a poster which is useless, so we had to go and buy one. It's just fine!

Very central hostel, nice roof terrace, great breakfast (breads, egg, cheese, juice, coffee), good bathrooms. Generally enjoyed it. Minuses: got put in a different room from the one I booked, with tiny bed; washing service isn't great and slow (allow two days!); staff not esp helpful. I booked a Fez-Marrakech 2 night tour through them - it was OK, but at 150 EUR, was pricey (do it for 70 EUR from Marrakech), and included time consuming stops at expensive cafe and carpet seller.

Everything about this place was just terrific. The dar is amazing, the location is perfect right in between the two main streets of the old medina and at walking distance from the blue gate. Price is very reasonable, rooms are clean, beds are soft and shower has hot water. The included breakfast was perfect to start the day and the on demand diner was excellent. Staff helped me out with everything I needed help with and were very friendly. I would stay here again for sure!!

The hostel own 3 other hostels. This means that once you arrive they can take you somewhere else or propose you a deal to give you a better room (you pay the difference) i was in "zohor". Staff doesn't care that much about you, they tried to make me pay the tax ( that I already paid) trying to grab some dirhams more with an exchange rate trick. Claning was poor even though the room was not crowded (just 2 people)

Thanks for taking time to write your feedback ,as you may know we work with many Websites of reservation ,sometimes we received fes reservation for the same bed especially in the Dormitory rooms . sometimes we take one or 2 travellers to our second Hostel we charge the same price , the city tax not included in the Price and it's mentioned in the website so that's mean that they don't try to charge you more . you are always welcome in Dar el yasmine .

The staff were very friendly and helpful, answering any questions I had. Good breakfast. Cheap laundry. Great location, easy to find and close to the main attraction in the heart of the medina. Would like some lockers in the dorm though. No lock on the dorm room door so anyone in the hostel could potentially walk in the room. I would stay here again if I returned to Fes.

Thanks for your lovely words , About the Lockers we do have a Big one ,no one lose anything cause the Hostel is small and we have a reception 24/7 . Thanks again for your choice to our place . Regards

Dar el Yasmine was a great hostel for the price. Its main living area and location were great, as well as the free breakfast not being half bad. Staff was helpful and friendly plus the rooms themselves were really nice. Plus compared to some hostels in Morocco it wasn't too hard to find with plenty of signs pointing the way. Will definitely stay here again if returning to Fes

Very weird environement with the staff. They probably don't like tourists especially girls travelling alone with short shorts and t-shirts. I think they were rude most of the times and treated us like we were scum. They always talked to each other in arabic after talking to us and laughed. Very annoying and I don't recommend this place to nobody. Also one of the guys that works on the hostel pointed a GUN at me and my friend and pretended to shoot us... Really? And laughed. Disgusting.

Massive thanks to Mohammed for meeting us straight from the taxi and taking us to the hostel. We had a private 3bdrm so it was more like a B&B for us but still great value for money. Amazing breakfast and helpful staff. Lights were a bit dim in the room but that could easily be fixed. Thanks for having us!

View all Fez Bed and Breakfasts