Dar El Yasmine Reviews

34 Talla Sghira Derb Ahl Tadl, Fez, Morocco

Beautiful hostel, little loud though. I had a room on the first floor with just a thin door between me and the lobby.

Nice room, good location, wonderful breakfast and totally friendly staff!

This hostel is very good. The bedrooms we had (we stayed 2nights) were wonderful. On the top of that, the staff is just really nice and will do everything in order you spend the most of your time in Fès. I had been to a lot of hostels, but it is the 1st time that I met staffs who definitely care about your stay in their city/ country, give you a lot of tips and help you to arrange your way to Rabat and back to the airport. Last but not least : the breakfast is yummy! Thanks a lot guys !

• 14th Mar 2015

Perfect ! they know how to host people ! very comfortable, clean, nice !!

Very good riad! I felt very save, the people are friendly and funny. The guy picked me up when I've arrived in the night. The rooms look clean and the price is fair

Great place to stay, stayed in the 6 bed dorm in thier other hostel called Dar El Yasmine. The hosts were great, delicious breakfast on the terrace, comfy beds and easy enough to find. Good job guys

• 7th Mar 2015

We were in the 6 bed dorm so we were in the facilities across the street. The staff at this location were not the most helpful. They were not pleased to help us find our way around. Facility was great. The roof was a nice place to hang out.

There is many hustlers in the street ,sometimes even when we meet some guest in the street they don't trust us . we usually send an email with the directions after the booking we provide a free pick up from the Blue gate when the guest the call . if they didn't call we can't do anything . Regards

Lovely hostel with a great location - located within the medina but not the mind-boggling alleyways in the center where you are sure to get lost without a guide. Breakfast is fantastic and rooms are very clean, very helpful staff available to help organize anything you may need. They also came to pick us up and took us to our taxi on our last day to prevent us getting lost. Highly recommended!

It is a general nice hostel. the staff likes to talk to all the traveler and the ambiance is nice.

Very nice place situated in the city center. Amazing breakfast and beautiful terrace. Cheap with a great atmosphere. Stuff is very helpful :)

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Poland

I would definitely recommend this hostel, the staff were very kind, offering tea any time you were at reception and the breakfast was really worth it. BUT be careful with the tour guides in Fez, they will take you to the most expensive shops, and tell you that the other shops use chemical products and so on, which is only to make you pay more. Our guide also told us the tanneries were all under reconstruction in Fez, because the shop he brought us to was, but it wasn't true and we never saw them

The six-room dorm is actually located in a different place: Dar Zohor. The staff seem really into asking where you're REALLY from if you're Asian, which is kinda odd. That said, facilities are fine, and breakfast is individually served.

Staff always welcoming and friendly. It provides a great place to crash in the middle of the medina. Hostel a bit small but perfect fine to feel comfortable and rest your energy. When I went the place was almost empty, but I'm sure it must be a nice environment to meet new travelers coming along. Breakfast was fantastic.

The staff is very friendly and always ready to help. Local mosaic and cedar wood give in this property really add to the experience. The beds arent very comfortable but the rooms are quite spacious and have everything you need. And the complementary breakfast..my god...so good!

• 24th Dec 2014

Thanks for your choice to Dar el yasmine

The location is great as it is easy to navigate from the blue gate. A bonus when considering the endless maze of the medina. Staff are funny and helpful. Endless hot water highly appreciated in winter.

nice hostel. i recomend. very tradicional.

good location near main medina gates very clean and had ensuite bathrooms and showers. even though there was mny people staying at the hostel there was not much 'vibe' but could have been due to time of year, nice roof top terrance

Very good breakfast. Very good location. A little weird that there is a double bed in a four-bed dorm. There is also only one key per dorm, so if someone leaves with it, might be difficult to get in the room. All in all, it's a good place to stay. They offered us breakfast when we got there early in the morning, even if the booking was effective only for later that day. They left us food for our trip on an early bus too.

Highly recommend Dar El Yasmine. The staff is extraordinary! So helpful for recommendations and guiding us around the city. The owner called the restaurant that we were interested in and had a guy come pick us up to walk us to the restaurant. We left our bags at the Riad for one day when we ventured off to Chefchauoen, and they kept our bags safe for us, then when we left on our desert excursion in the morning they had a bag with breakfast in it for our trip. Highly recommend this Riad! :)

When I arrived at Dar El Yasmine, I got taken to another "hostel" named Dar Zohor because I was told by the owner there were no dormrooms at Dar Yasmine..a bit strange... It's a 1min walk from BabBouJeloud. The shared bathroom was clean. It's very noisy as the upper dormrooms are open and connected to the patio below.The staff was OK. They bought me breakfast to take away as I was leaving early. If you're looking for a great place to meet people and hang out on the terrace, look elsewhere.

Dear Amanda Thanks for taking time to write your feedback ,as i mention on your Arrival you were the only Guest in the Dormroom ,and you booked only one night ,that's why we move you to our second place ,near Dar el yasmine ,the other place is similar quality . you are welcome any time in dar el yasmine

View all Fez Bed and Breakfasts