Dar El Yasmine Reviews

34 Talla Sghira Derb Ahl Tadl, Fez, Morocco

It'a nice place. Breakfast is PERFECT !!! We asked for maps and they say they didn't give maps, they only had a poster which is useless, so we had to go and buy one. It's just fine!

Very central hostel, nice roof terrace, great breakfast (breads, egg, cheese, juice, coffee), good bathrooms. Generally enjoyed it. Minuses: got put in a different room from the one I booked, with tiny bed; washing service isn't great and slow (allow two days!); staff not esp helpful. I booked a Fez-Marrakech 2 night tour through them - it was OK, but at 150 EUR, was pricey (do it for 70 EUR from Marrakech), and included time consuming stops at expensive cafe and carpet seller.

Everything about this place was just terrific. The dar is amazing, the location is perfect right in between the two main streets of the old medina and at walking distance from the blue gate. Price is very reasonable, rooms are clean, beds are soft and shower has hot water. The included breakfast was perfect to start the day and the on demand diner was excellent. Staff helped me out with everything I needed help with and were very friendly. I would stay here again for sure!!

The hostel own 3 other hostels. This means that once you arrive they can take you somewhere else or propose you a deal to give you a better room (you pay the difference) i was in "zohor". Staff doesn't care that much about you, they tried to make me pay the tax ( that I already paid) trying to grab some dirhams more with an exchange rate trick. Claning was poor even though the room was not crowded (just 2 people)

Thanks for taking time to write your feedback ,as you may know we work with many Websites of reservation ,sometimes we received fes reservation for the same bed especially in the Dormitory rooms . sometimes we take one or 2 travellers to our second Hostel we charge the same price , the city tax not included in the Price and it's mentioned in the website so that's mean that they don't try to charge you more . you are always welcome in Dar el yasmine .

The staff were very friendly and helpful, answering any questions I had. Good breakfast. Cheap laundry. Great location, easy to find and close to the main attraction in the heart of the medina. Would like some lockers in the dorm though. No lock on the dorm room door so anyone in the hostel could potentially walk in the room. I would stay here again if I returned to Fes.

Thanks for your lovely words , About the Lockers we do have a Big one ,no one lose anything cause the Hostel is small and we have a reception 24/7 . Thanks again for your choice to our place . Regards

Dar el Yasmine was a great hostel for the price. Its main living area and location were great, as well as the free breakfast not being half bad. Staff was helpful and friendly plus the rooms themselves were really nice. Plus compared to some hostels in Morocco it wasn't too hard to find with plenty of signs pointing the way. Will definitely stay here again if returning to Fes

Very weird environement with the staff. They probably don't like tourists especially girls travelling alone with short shorts and t-shirts. I think they were rude most of the times and treated us like we were scum. They always talked to each other in arabic after talking to us and laughed. Very annoying and I don't recommend this place to nobody. Also one of the guys that works on the hostel pointed a GUN at me and my friend and pretended to shoot us... Really? And laughed. Disgusting.

Massive thanks to Mohammed for meeting us straight from the taxi and taking us to the hostel. We had a private 3bdrm so it was more like a B&B for us but still great value for money. Amazing breakfast and helpful staff. Lights were a bit dim in the room but that could easily be fixed. Thanks for having us!

Very nice and clean rooms. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Location is good and very easy to find. They have a nice terrace where you can chill and relax.

Great, that we could check in at 6 AM after our Merzuga bustrip!

• 2nd Aug 2015

I loved everything about this hostel, the staff are so friendly!!

Thanks for your Lovely comment ,I hope did you spent a Good time in the Desert Trip we organised for you .

I had a great stay here! There's air conditioning and good hot water and wifi and options for getting laundry done. The breakfast is also super awesome--even comes with eggs and fresh orange juice. Location is good, and the staff is very nice and doesn't hassle or hustle guests at all. Their organized trips are a good idea! Will definitely use it if returning to Fez! Only problem was a slight miscommunication over what I owed, but we cleared that up when I showed my Hostelworld booking email.

Thanks for your Lovely Comment ,you are welcome any time . we offer in Dar el yasmine ,Rooms Air conditioner with Private bathroom ,Hot water wifi , we also organise a budget day tours to Middle atlas ,Meknes ,volubilis ..and trips to the Dese

Nice place.

We had a great stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! We would definitely stay here again if we return.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I arrived really late at night, and didn't feel safe in the neighborhood or in the hostel.

Gorgeous place right in the medina. We had a private room with a private bathroom. It was huge and very clean. The terrace was beautiful and a great place to get away from the craziness of Fez. The staff, especially the man who greeted us whose name escapes at the moment, were very helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend Dar el Yasmine.

View all Fez Bed and Breakfasts