Dar El Yasmine Reviews

34 Talla Sghira Derb Ahl Tadl, Fez, Morocco

This place was pretty cool; its a relatively safe place to store your things even though there aren't any lockers. I would leave my backpack in my room (locked, granted) and nothing happened to it--its a very relaxed environment. However, management tends to overbook the hostel and have people sleep in as many places possible, so many nights people who plan on coming back to their beds find someone else in there if they havent already made it clear that they have booked a spot for the night.

• 1st Apr 2015

It's a great place, especially when compared to other places in Morocco. I didn't stay at the Dar Jasmine but at another one just down the alley, but the same people etc. Has a great breakfast, hot showers, internet, nice places to hang out, on the roof looking over the Medina or downstairs on the sofas with the cats.

Beautiful hostel, little loud though. I had a room on the first floor with just a thin door between me and the lobby.

Nice room, good location, wonderful breakfast and totally friendly staff!

Nice staff, great location, hot showers, and an absolutely incredible breakfast. The only negatives were that I had to change rooms a couple times and the air was really dry (my throat was killing me by the end of my stay.) Otherwise I'd recommend!

This hostel is very good. The bedrooms we had (we stayed 2nights) were wonderful. On the top of that, the staff is just really nice and will do everything in order you spend the most of your time in Fès. I had been to a lot of hostels, but it is the 1st time that I met staffs who definitely care about your stay in their city/ country, give you a lot of tips and help you to arrange your way to Rabat and back to the airport. Last but not least : the breakfast is yummy! Thanks a lot guys !

• 14th Mar 2015

Perfect ! they know how to host people ! very comfortable, clean, nice !!

Very good riad! I felt very save, the people are friendly and funny. The guy picked me up when I've arrived in the night. The rooms look clean and the price is fair

Thanks for your comment

Great place to stay, stayed in the 6 bed dorm in thier other hostel called Dar El Yasmine. The hosts were great, delicious breakfast on the terrace, comfy beds and easy enough to find. Good job guys

We were in the 6 bed dorm so we were in the facilities across the street. The staff at this location were not the most helpful. They were not pleased to help us find our way around. Facility was great. The roof was a nice place to hang out.

There is many hustlers in the street ,sometimes even when we meet some guest in the street they don't trust us . we usually send an email with the directions after the booking we provide a free pick up from the Blue gate when the guest the call . if they didn't call we can't do anything . Regards

Lovely hostel with a great location - located within the medina but not the mind-boggling alleyways in the center where you are sure to get lost without a guide. Breakfast is fantastic and rooms are very clean, very helpful staff available to help organize anything you may need. They also came to pick us up and took us to our taxi on our last day to prevent us getting lost. Highly recommended!

It is a general nice hostel. the staff likes to talk to all the traveler and the ambiance is nice.

Very nice place situated in the city center. Amazing breakfast and beautiful terrace. Cheap with a great atmosphere. Stuff is very helpful :)

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Poland

I would definitely recommend this hostel, the staff were very kind, offering tea any time you were at reception and the breakfast was really worth it. BUT be careful with the tour guides in Fez, they will take you to the most expensive shops, and tell you that the other shops use chemical products and so on, which is only to make you pay more. Our guide also told us the tanneries were all under reconstruction in Fez, because the shop he brought us to was, but it wasn't true and we never saw them

The six-room dorm is actually located in a different place: Dar Zohor. The staff seem really into asking where you're REALLY from if you're Asian, which is kinda odd. That said, facilities are fine, and breakfast is individually served.

Staff always welcoming and friendly. It provides a great place to crash in the middle of the medina. Hostel a bit small but perfect fine to feel comfortable and rest your energy. When I went the place was almost empty, but I'm sure it must be a nice environment to meet new travelers coming along. Breakfast was fantastic.

clean, great location. empty except for us. we got a whole dorm to ourselves. wish we'd stayed a but longer in fez

The staff is very friendly and always ready to help. Local mosaic and cedar wood give in this property really add to the experience. The beds arent very comfortable but the rooms are quite spacious and have everything you need. And the complementary breakfast..my god...so good!

• 24th Dec 2014

Thanks for your choice to Dar el yasmine

The location is great as it is easy to navigate from the blue gate. A bonus when considering the endless maze of the medina. Staff are funny and helpful. Endless hot water highly appreciated in winter.

nice hostel. i recomend. very tradicional.

View all Fez Bed and Breakfasts