Dar El Yasmine Reviews

34 Talla Sghira Derb Ahl Tadl, Fez, Morocco

Very very nice, tasty breakfasts, lovely old-fashioned decor - like beautiful riad, excellent staff - helpful and friendly, great easy-to-find place, cute, relaxing terrace upstairs;)

Wow! What an amazing stay. Absolutely fantastic and hospitable owners. We arrived around 1'oclock in the morning and a receptionist came to the edge of the medina to meet us and bring us to the hostel. Once he heard we were hungry, he took us to a sister hostel where they made is a midnight snack. Absolutely fantastic. Extremely helpful throughout stay, lots of extras available for a good price. We left early,and they went out of their way to pack us a breakfast! Hightly reccomend!

Thanks for your lovely comment , we are Always trying to offer our Guest a Pleasant Stay , you are Welcome

I booked for Jasmine, but was moved to Hostel Zahor on arrival. Jasmine is a beautiful hostel with lovely staff. Zahor is nice, but a bit of a let-down after booking (and seeing) Jasmine. Bathrooms and facilities are clean, but the sheets don't seem to be changed between visitors (although this seems common in Moroccan hostels).

We loved it here! Mohammad and Said were awesome! We wanted to go to chefchaouen and they organized it for us. Anything we wanted, we asked and it was done. Awesome!

Said and Mohammed at Dar Yasmine were very hospitable. I felt like an honoured guest and made to feel so welcome. Be sure to dine at their sister property Dar Zagor. The beef tagine is the best I've ever had and incredible value. Enjoy your stay with this warm and kind family. Suzy from Scotland

very nice folks

We were relocated to their partner hostel Dar Rocoo. Very new and elegant hostel. Was well worth the price. Nice staff, had tea with us, always superfriendly. Rooftop terrace has nice view of the Medina and the area around. Also good for meeting people. As it is a typical riad you have the typical echo problem of people talking in the patio. But after midnight it was very peaceful.

Great location and very easy to find in the busy medina. The staff was very helpful and friendly! They were great to chat with and really cared about making my stay enjoyable. Good place!

Really good!

Although I only stayed for 1 evening, the staff were really friendly and helpful and the room was comfortable. I also met other cool travelers at the Guest House. I would recommend it!

the people of reception are so kind . i love the breakfast so much, many different kinds of food.

Friendly staff and nice atmosphere - thank you!

Really enjoyed my stay, the room, the breakfast and the family run spirit to your riad - wish I had had time to go to the Sahara! Thank you

Dar Yasmina was great! The staff was friendly and helpful, it was clean, and the breakfast was great. Not a party hostel and did not feel at all sketchy or gross like some hostels. If I had children I would feel comfortable staying here with them. Mohamed is also super stylish which was a plus

• 5th Apr 2014

Beautiful and cosy hostel in the Medina, very close to Bab Boujloud. Rooms are confortable and clean. Good breakfast and nice rooftop also! Staff is very friendly, they left us a small breakfast to take away when we left early on morning to take a bus. Very appreciated! A very good option to stay in the Medina of Fes! Greetings!

It was very nice and Moroccan but I don’t think I would stay there again. I was upgraded to a private room the first night, then switched to a diff hostel in the morning with no warning when I checked in. It did have a scammy undertone with not only the hostel switching thing, but the activities you could do through the hostel were all mildly overpriced. The Dar Zohor hostel had it’s own restaurant but the prices were actually much higher compared to other restaurants out in the medina

Staff are very nice and funny. Location is good, but if you are the first time to stay in the medina of Fes, it would be better to ask for their pick up service for 50dh. We booked a twins room for two night but they gave us a double bed room. We asked for change the room then a four beds room was given to us. However the bathroom was damp which needs to improve it. And I would high recommend their dinner!it's very delicious which was value for the money.

We stayed there on three different occasions. We very much liked the nice staff, which was helpful and friendly. Once we were transfered to another hostel, which is managed by the same people. It is called Dar Zohor and was a beautiful riad, too. We felt comfortable there as well. Over all we can recommend both hostels a lot.

Friendly staff, we booked a dorm but got a private room for the same price. The guide that can be booked through the hostel showed us more shops than actual sights, although selling was not aggressive.

Very mice and kind with the hosts and in the middle of the medina, beautiful

• 8th Mar 2014