8.5
Fabulous 365 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 365 Total Reviews
Dar El Yasmine Located at 34 Talla Sghira Derb Ahl Tadl, , Fez.
Morocco
Fez 30000 34 Talla Sghira Derb Ahl Tadl
85% 365
34.0624190 -4.9803479
    Rooms available

20th May 2016
5.4

Whatever reason you're planning to stay here, you may want to think it twice, because you may randomly end up in another hostel, and won't get what made you choose this one. The guy that received me (possibly the owner) didn't give a damn when he told me that the hostel was full and was going to take me to another place, even though I had a reservation confirmed. Just for the record, he sent me to Dar Jannat Hostel which was very nice but excesively quiet for someone traveling on his own.

• England, Male, 18-24
20th May 2016

Beautiful riad guesthouse, located just off the main street of Fès Medina, 3 minutes walk from the Blue Gate. Huge breakfast included in the price, mint tea and coffee served on arrival. Great balcony area on the top floor and beautiful bedrooms. Very friendly and trusting staff - we didn't pay for our rooms or the trip organised for us to Chefchaouen until our last night. Only minor complaint was that our air conditioning did not work. Would highly recommend Dar El Yasmine.

• Cyprus, Male, 18-24
13th Apr 2016
6.3

Dissapointed at customer service. We booked a double bed but were given two single ones and made to pay more to get a double one even though we were the only ones at the riad at the time. Someone also woke both of us up at 4am with loud singing making as feel uneasy. On top of all that, there was a confusion with change we were owed. On the plus side, the riad is beautiful and the breakfast was great. If customer service improves,it would be an enjoyable place to stay at.

I think you didn't stay in our place ,even you had a Booking sometimes people they have a Bookings in Dar el yasmine and they meet a hustlers in the Street and they take them somewhere else and they write the feedback about us ,i don't remember that we had a guest who had a similar experience . Manager

• France, Female, 25-30
10th Apr 2016

Had a lovely stay here with my 2 friends during our Morocco trip. They gave us a private room, which we were not expecting and it was wonderful. The building is beautiful and quiet, even though we were on the ground floor. It is not a party hostel by any means, which was nice. The breakfast was incredible and filling. The two hosts were always there to help with booking taxis, giving advice, or just hanging out after a long day. I would absolutely recommend staying here!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
6th Apr 2016

The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and the location of the hostel was in the hub of the medina. The breakfast provided was huge! Definitely recommend staying here.

• USA, Male, 18-24
6th Apr 2016

They did not have storage lockers where I could stow away my things, but they did make an attempt to lock the dorm doors when people were gone and kept the front door locked which was good. They also had security cameras all over the hostel. I felt like the staff was only there for the money, and didn't go out of there way to help you find things to do or learn about the culture. Very clean and good looking hostel, I would stay here again.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
29th Mar 2016
6.0

Our stay at the Dar el Yasmine was a mixed bag... Very easy to get to from the main gate and the breakfast spread was the most generous I have seen in Morocco. However, we booked three beds and were given a double (to share) and a single instead. Also, my friend's bed had no sheets or pillows. They were also very big on selling their tours and excursions (which seemed over priced) and was also a bit much as we had not even been shown to our rooms. We found new accommodations for our next night.

• Indonesia, Female, 25-30
26th Mar 2016
5.4

The staff said that Dar El Yasmine is overbooked and they moved me to different place, called Dar Al Oussani, which is the new place that under the same management. Turns out this moving to other places happens quite often in Dar El Yasmine, because they own few places. I was moved to a 3-bed room with toilet/bathroom inside. The bathroom is so smelly that though my nose is blocked and it was spring, I can still smell it. 2 of my roommates thought so. Bed was hard & not comfy.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Mar 2016
8.0

Dar el Yasmine was a great place to stay it was in the middle of the medina and it was great! The staff were super helpful, the beds and rooms were clean and the breakfast was great! It's a little musty smelling and there was mildew in the shower but that's a bit to be expected when the building is +100 years old. It's a bit hard to find on your own but the fez market people are great and they definitely helped me out! Overall it was a pretty good stay!

• Germany, Male, 31-40
18th Mar 2016
7.7

Dar el Yasmine is a typically Moroccan Riad in traditional oriental style. The building is very pretty from inside and the rooms are good and clean. Some shower facilities could use a bit of maintenance, but in general the bathrooms are also good. The highlight of the place is its complimentary breakfast, which is, hands down, in the top 3 of any hostel or budget guesthouse around the world that I have been to yet. The staff is also nice and helpful, but bring ear plugs coz walls are a bit thin.