Dar Ichraq Reviews

12, Rue Khalid Ben Oualid, Place Moulay Hassan, Essaouira, Morocco

Tricky to find, but worth staying for albeit, only for a short trip.

We stayed for only 2 nights in a double private bedroom, but still it was our most favourite hostel we stayed in on our trip through marocco. The staff didn't understand much english but it was no problem with our little french to get a room. The room was very clean with a nice canopy bed and a perfectly clean bathroom. In the morning we got a big typical moroccan breakfast with fresh orange juice and coffee.The staff was a little shy but very friendly and helpful.All in all a wonderful hostel!

It is more a small hotel with very nice traditional moroccan interiors. I definitely reccommend it.

• 4th Sep 2013
  • Poland

Bit difficult to locate to begin with but that is what's special with a Riad, right? The young smiley stuff were great and very helpful. Ensuite facilities were a dream and the roof terrace was nice as well. Location is perfect, right in the middle of all the action. The only regret is that I only got to spend one night at this gorgeous place.

Second time staying there and I still really like that place! The breakfast is good, the location perfect, staff is very nice! After a not so good experience at another hostel, I was really glad going back to Dar Ichraq, almost felt like going home!

Very friendly and welcoming.

• 13th Feb 2013

Really excellent and characterful guesthouse in the heart of the medina. Wramly recommended.

It is a really nice hotel!! near the place, cafe and restaurants! A little bit difficult to find, but still worth going! Nice breakfast and warm welcome (with mint tea)! The terrasse is beautiful! The only downside is, it is soo quiet, you can hear everything that is going on in the other rooms! My friend had a cold and kept coughing.. I had the feeling we kept the whole hotel awake! But still a really nice hotel!

The hostel was mostly full of couple and families. I would not recommend this hostel for young travelers given the lack of atmosphere and limited facilities.

View all Essaouira Bed and Breakfasts