Dar Jameel Reviews

Apdo.62, No. 6 , Rue Mohammed Bergach, Medina, Tangier, Morocco

This hotel became my home away from home. I would strongly suggest booking here for a nice relaxing experience of tangier. The hotel provides a large bed and sofa in each room as well as a huge breakfast that was far more than i could eat. It also has a beautiful rooftop terrace from which you can see all or tangier, the port and the beach. I felt really safe here. Also the staff members, especially Hisham, were very sweet, respectful and helpful.

No complaints whatsoever. Great location, room, and staff. Great price also! If I could offer any adivce to anyone traveling to Tangier from the ferry it's not to get scammed getting off the boat. If someone helps your bags off the boat, give them 10 dirham - no more. Same with the taxi. It's a short ride from the port to the hostel.

Thank you for the great time we had in Tanger! You are so friendly, the breakfast was excellent, your riad is unbelievable!

Good location.. Absolutely wonderful staff, super helpfull, kind, and spoke english really well. Rooftop terrace!!! Really good breakfast with beautiful views. Stunning interior, awesome tile work. We ended up in the room right across from reception which was a little awkward so maybe request a room not on the ground floor.

Its a nice quiet hotel. Great view from the top but quite a bit of disturbance from street and neighbors when I stayed there. Friendly staff. If your are looking for a party place look somewhere else.

Beautiful Riad with great rooftop views. Good breakfast. Very secure. Right near the port and in the Medina. Bathroom was very damp smelling.

We had a lovely stay here. Staff were very helpful, and the location was great for leaving on the ferry to Algeciras the next day.

• 7th Jan 2014

Amazing place, really authentic atmosphere and absolutely beautiful decoration. Very clean! Breakfast was great! The only slight problem was that it was hard to find. I would definitely stay there again.

great house, great stuff, good breakfast, marvellous rooftop! Unfortunateley we had the room in the groundfloor, which was really dark, noisy (lobby directly in front of the room) and stuffy. To get to the private bathroom, you have to cross the whole lobby. The night was really bad, because there were such a heat in the room and what turned out at home: the little bugs in the bed were bedbugs :-(

Dar Jameel is a little jewel! The atmosphere is great, am evening on the separate all windows roof top "mini-tower" over the Medina's roofs is spectacular! Just be aware that the hostel is located in the old town's labyrinth, needed some advices from friendly Maroccans to find it. However this is part of the hostel's charme - you don't expect it in this surrounding. When walking from the port it is rel. easy to reach. Only bring ear plugs if you have a light sleep! Staff is super! (Family 4kids)

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hidden inside the medina :) the roof terrace is best!

• 26th Sep 2013
  • Poland

awesome views of the water

We enjoyed our stay a lot. The building is beautiful and well located, staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was delicious. Great value for money!

Dar Jameel is gorgeous; the rooftop terrace is very pleasant, breakfast is delicious, and the friendly staff greet you on arrival with mint tea and biscotti. BUT: bedbugs. I awoke in the night to dozens of them, and in the end had over 100 bites. The night clerk was very apologetic and moved us to a new clean room, but in the morning the manager said "they live in the wood, it's not a problem". And the room was already ready for the next victim. Overall: wonderful, but check for bugs.

Perfect! Everything from the fantastic warm welcome, the amazingly beautiful room, to the great City Tour on offer, making my stay in Tangier fantastic. It was such a great introduction into Moroccan hospitality. Thank you very much!

My mom and I really enjoyed our stay here! It was the best riad we have been to in Morocco! We would come back here any time for a nice relaxing weekend! I would recommend to anyone willing to spend a few extra dollars for a real Moroccan experience!

Just fantastic!!

A very beautiful dar. The manager was extremely helpful. Our room was off the main foyer, which meant that we could hear any activity in the lobby and felt we had to keep our voices down as others could likely hear us. Very close to the ferry.

Very nice hotel (it is not hostel at all!), very nice stuff - friendly and helpful, great place to stay! CLEAN!!!

I cannot even begin with how amazing this hostel was. We had a private room, the entire hostel is beautifully tiled inside. Breakfast is a must, fresh fruits, bread, and made to order eggs! We were floored with the excellent English of the staff, their quiet friendliness, and the atmosphere of the hostel. Lots of spaces to relax, a beautiful view of the city and medina from the rooftop terrace. WiFi was solid, too. I highly recommend it to anyone traveling here. Loved it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7