Dar Lalla Kenza Reviews

5 derb Sidi Hssayne Klaklieyener, Medina Fez, Fez, Morocco

Simply outstanding

We had a problem with the amount of money to pay because the app said something and the confirmation mail another amount and the staff didn't wanted to talk but to fight and telling us that if we didn't the amount we could go to another hostal . the location is really good and easy to find so you dont have to worry about getting lost in the Medina. The Hostel is very clean and its really nice and classic

Heating and decent basic kitchen furnishing are urgently needed. Also, blasting music in the common area, morning to night, isn't very respectful of your guests. Neither is pressuring them each day into buying some tours or other activities. Factoring customer satisfaction into your hostel management approach would do you good.

Best hostel I have stayed in Morocco. Awesome staff (although they laughed at me for having to go back home ;) ), Clean, big room. Only thing I missed was a proper seating area on the rooftop. Would def. go back. Hint: call them to pick you up the first time

Dar Lalla Kenzaaaaa! We couldn't have wished for a better start of our travel in Morocco. We had such a great time with Ben and Ahmed who helped us figuring out were to go after Fez. I would definitely recommend to stay a couple of days at Dar Lalla Kenza.

• 23rd Nov 2015

I ended up in fez a second time, and headed to, without hesitation, Dar lalla kenza. Coming back here was like coming home, with ahmed treating you like a member of his family. The hostel has a very authentic morrocan feel to it, a very chill common area, comfortable rooms, a great terrace and perfect location. breakfast is 20d, and it offers more than other hostels in morocco that charged even more than 20d. Price is most definitely worth it. great people, great hostel, great time.

I have deliberately rated this hostel as low as possible because I was deliberately scammed with double-charging of the Tourism Tax (charged as a fine-print extra when other hostels include it in their up-front tariff). Everything about this place was a disapointment. Breakfast was an extra. No change available when I paid, then had to ask for it. No top sheet or pillow case. Very dark and cavernous. Recommend you stay at the nearby Funky Fes, which is honest and all-inclusive, and good value.

The hostel would have been ok, but the staff were very rude to us, and we felt very uncomfortable after one of us was hit on.

Good hostel in theory, and beautiful building. Staff generally very friendly though left on a sour note. Had already paid for breakfast the night before when settling my bill (or so I thought) but when I left the guy treated me as though I deliberately left without paying the 20 dirham breakfast. I said goodbye and got an eyerolling/sarcastic tone 'yeah, goodbye' back. Maybe don't immediately assume someone is trying to cheat you out of 20 dirham when in fact you might have miscommunicated.

Had a great stay at Dar Lalla Kenza. The staff working there was particularly great. Many thanks to Ahmed and Ben for their helpfulness, jokes, and making our stay so enjoyable!

Definitely recommend staying here. Friendly staff and good location. The rooftop terrace has an excellent view as well. The facilities seem to be on par with the rest of Morocco, nothing glamorous but they all work well and are efficient enough.

Sick location, 30 second walk from ATM, local coffee & food shops, and right in the midst of the 'souk' markets. Airport shuttle for a reasonable price drops you right outside the hostel. Ahmed & Ben are quality, do everything to make your stay a good one whether you want to chill out on the big terrace and smoke some shisha 🍁 or get lost in the maze that's the medina

One of the best hostels in Morocco! Staff were amazing. Very hospitable. Had a great 3 nights. Highly recommended!

The atmosphere is great and you can meet fellow travellers there. It iss very close to the Gate of the Medina at R'cif square as well as some restaurants and some shops. Breakfast is ok. The people there and the staff are really cool.

This hostel is an incredible place to stay! Located next to the souk and the Rcif place. Rooms are clean, really nice view from the rooftop. Staff members are super nice and helpful. Breakfast is good. Highly recommends this place, definitely worth every penny!

Good hostel and cheap with good location just right next to rcif square

The hostel is really great! It is very asthetically pleasing! You cannot beat the price. The location is good and that it's a little bit hidden adds to its charm. There is a really cool rooftop with an awesome view. My only warning is, if you're a guy, and you don't want to be sexually assaulted, don't go to the hamaam that the hostel advertises. It is directly across from Funky Fes and is pretty chill and unassuming until the proprietor decides to take the "scrubbing" to the next level.

• 24th Oct 2015

Loved this place! Stayed in a private room, which was huge, clean, and very comfy; the staff was great - very helpful and accommodating; the location was perfect - right on the edge of the medina. I would definitely recommend this place!!!

Welcome people to the most beautiful Riad in Fes! Ended up staying 3 nights here but could have easily stayed more. It has the best roof terrace I have ever been on + has a dorm on the roof so you can enjoy a sunrise over the medina. Also run by the coolest and most helpful people you could meet. Big shout out to my Ahmed and Ben! Oh also it has the best breakfast I have had in a hostel ever... And it's included!

Honestly BEST in fez hands down, don't bother looking around for another riad, because you won't find one better than Dar Lalla Kenza. So easy to find (signs clearly mark the way), perfectly located just inside the Medina and the boys Amed and Ben will treat you like family. Thanks brothers, will be back to visit soon!

View all Fez Bed and Breakfasts