Dar Lalla Kenza Reviews

5 derb Sidi Hssayne Klaklieyener, Medina Fez, Fez, Morocco

Very nice Stay in Fes. Ben, the owner, Showed us around And gave us a very nice Start to morocco!

I had a great time in the hostel!Ben was very attentive and helped me from the first moment to the end.I strongly recommend the place!

• 21st Aug 2014

Very conveniently located near the main transit point, Place R'cif. I stayed in the 7 bed dormitory which was fine although it's by the atrium and the heat from the building often passes into the dorm. Beautiful terrace for night talks. The owner, Ben was helpful and is a funny man. Pleasant stay overall.

Nice hostel, good location in the old town.

Thanks Ben for all your help in Fès !

• 22nd Jul 2014

Very easy to find, and a short walk from the medina. The staff were not very professional/organized in checking us in. Felt more like a college dorm than a professional organization. Our locker was kind of defective, so low security on that end. Overall, it was a positive atmosphere, clean, and a fair price.

We were there during ramadam and the hostel was quite empty hehe but it's a very nice place and the staff (Ben) is very helpful, friendly and nice to have a conversation and tell what to do/where to go.

Small hostel just outside of the old souks .

I had an awesome experience there, great location, friendly staff, everything was perfect! Ben (the owner) is awesome and will make sure you enjoy your stay!

The hostel is quite easy to find once you get to the right street (which you can reach by taxi). Ben was really friendly when we got there. We helped us to arrange a trip do the desert M went everything as he told us. It was an amazing experience and I'd definitely recommend a desert trip for those who don't know now for sure if they should do this. If you are planning to visit Fez and then Marrakesh please make the first visit the desert and then go to Marrakesh, ask Ben for more information

The hostel was very comfortable with a lot of places to rest and talk to other visitors or the staff members. The directions look confusing but are actually really easy to follow in person. I don't think that there are really traditional directions that can be given... He helped us set up a trip to the desert that was good! We saw some awesome monkeys! The hostel was good but the owner was a little pushy about being paid/money things.

Staff were excellent, Ben is incredibly friendly and helpful. The breakfast, hand made was excellent and delicious. The location of it was great, just right in the middle of Medina. A great, relaxed hostel with a chill vibe. Would definitely come again. Thank you Ben for our stay on Dar Lalla Kenza, and thank you for organizing such great trip to the desert with camels, and all the stuff. Thank you for my great times in Morocco.

Thank to Rita and Ben who were working in the hostel, rooms are amazing, its clean, beakfast is good, location is good too in the center of the old Medina. Thank you Pauline

• 6th Jun 2014

This is a nice simple place. The single ensuite room is small but practical. Shower was hot, a towel was included, so was a large fan. I could not get wifi in the room, but got it in the reception and 2nd floor. They serve a nice breakfast of eggs, bread, fruit and tea or coffee. The roof has a good view of Fes, looking over the east, I think. It is actually easy to access, and is very near the street.

Hostel is very beautiful!Has perfect location,very easy to mindyourself.The terrace....you must go and feel it.Beautiful view on Medina.If i will come back to Fes,and i think i will one day,for sure i will go to this hostel.Ben,thank you for everything,great job,thank you for atmosphere and i hpe so that we will se each other as soon as possible.In challah! ;)

We had a great double room at the Lalla Kenza and we enjoyed the breakfast (although some fruit would have been nice). Ben overall is a nice guy, but can be a little condensending and patronizing. We booked our desert trip with him for simplicity's sake, and had a great time, but if you have time to shop around for cheaper options, I'd recomend it. Not too sure why it cost so much compared to others.

Ben was really great to have as a host. He gave us all the information we needed and more - he was amazing. The hostel was nice. We were in the 10 bedroom dorm on the terrace which was a little warm at night. It was also kind of noisy - nothing to do with the hostel just how the buildings weres designed with a hole in the middle which made it noisy as you could hear everything on the bottom floor. Overall our stay was great and I would definitely recommend the hostel.

Good location and pretty good breakfast

I had an amazing stay at Dar Lalla Kenza. Ben and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful, and the atmosphere that they created was a perfect little oasis outside of the hustle and bustle of the medina. They offer a delicious breakfast and are constantly spreading good vibes with the music that is always playing.

• 27th May 2014

Ben (the owner) is The Best!! I stayed here for three weeks and was happy from the day I arrived till the day I left. Sad to leave though.. My best night was smoking the shisha on the rooftop, which had an amazing view over Fes. Ben also helped me with booking a trip to the desert and a bus trip to chefchouen. The rooms are nice and clean, the terrace as mentioned before is a great place to relax after a busy day in Fes and breakfast is included as well! I would recommend it to everyone

• 13th May 2014