Dar Lalla Kenza Reviews

5 derb Sidi Hssayne Klaklieyener, Medina Fez, Fez, Morocco

Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere. We stayed in the shared dorm, beds were not very comfortable but clean, the bathroom not so clean, also I'm not big fan of ensuite bathrooms for shared dorms. The hostel is quite easy to find following the directions they provide.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Good localization, our bedroom was huge (double private) and had a huge and very nice bedroom, and a heater. Problems: nice comon area, but too cold in the winter. Kitchen could be better equiped with dishes and pans. About Ben: helps with what to see in Fes, but be careful with his promises and words. He will do anything to sell you tours. We asked for a good restaurant, he just showed us an expensive one (we had dinner later in another restaurant near this one for much less money).

You get what you pay for with the dorms, the rest of the guesthouse looks beautiful but the dorm was definitely of a much lower standard. FREEZING cold, the heating made no difference, and we had a bit of a dispute over the amount to be paid on arrival due to exchange rates. Other than that it was ok, a bit far away but good to find a rare dorm with free breakfast.

Hello katie thank you for review. please before you book a hostel make sure how much are you going to pay for the hostel for a night instead having big problems with the reception on your arrival.have a nice day

Excellent staff and atmosphere and very good location in medina close to Rcif sqare.

The staff were nice but at the same time one guy was quite a fake.. The location is alright but we were confused with the other dar kanzas so we had to take three different taxis. We stayed in a dorm which was on the rooftop and really really cold, the door was with a big hole.

Hello Lee you have review the wrong place.you neeed to be honest when you review the hostels . I hope your next hostel will have the best for you

We had a lovely stay at Dar Lalla Kenza. The staff were so kind and helpful, and the location was very convenient. Breakfast in the mornings was absolutely delicious! We missed the hostel and the wonderful people as soon as we had left. Thanks for such a great stay!

Dear Rachel Thank you, . It was a pleasure to have you here !

The house the hostel is in is worth the stay, it's beautiful. Easy access to the medina and super friendly staff, who can organise good tours easily.

Thanks you so Much for your lovely words about hostel . we are really doing our best to offer you a pleasant time to all our Guest. we invite you all to enjoy the hospitality of Dar Lalla Kenza Kind regards Ben

The location is great, follow the direction and you should not have any trouble. The place is currently being renovated, so the atmosphere is not great. The terrace is beautiful and the breakfast is amazing. The toilet in the dormitory room needs work. It smells horrible :(

Hello saikia The hostel now done with renovated. everything looks perfect.I hope to see you next time for cup of tea

I picked this hostel based on photographs and positive reviews on staff. However I found neither qualities whilst staying at Dar Lalla Kenza. The hostel is currently being renovated so the main lobby is unfurnished and chaotic with majntainance workers, drilling, water leakages. The staff perhaps were stressed by this as I found them extremely rude and dismissive towards me. Breakfast was mediocre, not the same as pictured/described. I was overcharged for my room. Wouldn't recommend to stay now.

• 24th Dec 2014

Hello Katinka our place had some renovation and for some reason. we are sorry for that; we done the work and been fixed now.I hope to see u again our hostel Kind regards Ben

Can't really shower so don't stay for more than a few nighs, but everything else was good. Breakfast was cool

• 29th Nov 2014

Really nice place, wry helpful staff

• 26th Oct 2014

Dorm room is not very nice but I'm sure the private rooms are better. Staff go above and beyond expectations though!

I canot fault my stay here it was superb! Wifi everywhere running hot water and clean. Ben is an amazing host and always willing to help with anything nothing is too much trouble. And Allen very friendly and welcoming I highly recommend staying here to everyone and will definitely come back to stay here the next time I stay in Fes.

• 7th Oct 2014

広場からすぐなので大変わかりやすいです。朝食は一日目はパンばかりでしたが笑、二日目はヨーグルトやゆで卵もくれました。ただ、7人部屋は狭く、かなりギュウギュウ。屋上の部屋で、実際4階に当たると思うのですが、トイレがそのシャワールームか1階にしかないのがちょっと不便かも。 あとはベンもいい人ですが、お掃除係の人とかへの態度は気になったかも。 でも概していい人かなとは思います

View all Fez Bed and Breakfasts