Dar Lalla Kenza Reviews

5 derb Sidi Hssayne Klaklieyener, Medina Fez, Fez, Morocco

Ben, the guy who runs the place, is a nice guy, but make no mistake, he is in it for the money. As a host, he definitely needs some more years of practice. We had a few situations regarding his attitude that got me and my girlfriend a bit irritated. Also, do not book the ensuite double room downstairs. Very little privacy, it is incredibly humid and the bed definitely has bedbugs, my girlfriend got dozens of bites during our 2 nights stay. Other rooms seem ok.

The hostel is a big beautiful Riad and the private rooms are also wonderful!

What can i say! Ben is the master, that kind of person you want to meet when you go on holidays, he's super friendly, the place is amazing, the best i have in 10 days in Morocco, you can chill out on the lovely terrace he has, really close to the medina, easy to find, 5 stars. Wish you the best and many thanks for your help, inshallah. Tiziano.

We had a wonderful stay! Ben was incredibly nice and super helpful. The dorm was an average dorm, but the private rooms were ABSOLUTELY EPIC! so much value for money, we felt like royalty staying in our room. The whole hostel and private rooms were beautifully designed in a Moroccan style. nice breakfast as well. would definitely recommend and will be staying here again if we go back through Fez!

We expent two fantastic days at the Dar lalla Kenza hostel. Settle in a very nice location, this hostel had a great clean room, nice terrace with views, pretty common areas and a very good breakfast. The atmosphere was also very nice favouring the exchange of experiencies among travellers. In addition, the manager, Ben organize a great three days tour to the dessert for us. David and Nerea

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

It's a lovely hostel with good atmosphere in an old medina house with nice rooms in two levels around a central hall. Staff is young, very kind and helpful, also for organizing trips. Breakfast is good, and there is always good music. It's a quiet place close to place R'cif and can be accessed by taxi. Guests are mainly, but not only, backpackers.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Just right near one of the gates to the medina. The rooftop terrace has an amazing view of the medina - one of the best I've seen in Morocco. Room was a little damp and cold, but didn't mind it so much because it counteracted the hot weather. Clean and quiet. Ben will go out of his way to help you in every way! However, I've heard not so good reviews about his 'recommended' tours due to its pricing and quality. This hostel is just perfect, and would definitely stay again. Do not hesitate!

This is an absolutely fantastic hostel. Ben is one of the biggest legends we have ever met. He went above and beyond the average host and made our Moroccan experience flawless and unforgettable. For example, he walked us to the ATM and restaurant, he organised our desert tour and transfer to Marakesh, he warned us about what precautions to take, and, most importantly, he offered humour and kindness. Plus - the facilities and breakfast are awesome as well. Thanks for being such a legend Ben!

• 10th Apr 2014

Had a nice stay here. The staff is friendly and very helpful. We had to leave early in the morning and Ben prepared us Breakfast to go, many thanks again Ben ! I definately recommend to stay here!

I stayed in this Riad for 2 nights when I arrived in Morocco and again as I was leaving Morocco. It was a great place to stay, far better than many other places I stayed. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Ben, the proprietor, was there to answer all questions and make recommendations for places to eat and to go. I highly recommend Dar Lalla Kenza as a place to stay in Fes.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Good to be greeted by a friendly and helpful owner, who took time to chat and make sure I knew how to navigate Fez.

Very nice hostel!!!! Very good location and very friendly staff!!! I would recommend this hostel. Thank you Ben for a great stay!!! This will not be the last one

1 2 Next » last »