Dar Naima Reviews

7 rue Talaa Kibera Ferrane Kouicha, Fez, Morocco

Nice staffs, good location, but the shower and toilet for dormitory need some development.. kitchen equipment was not that clean but still usable.

While the staff were friendly and welcoming, the room we stayed in was overwhelmingly damp and stale. The bedding felt damp and everything smelled in the room. Trying to shower in the bathrooms meant guaranteed flooding and since the shower is almost literally on top of the toilet and sink it made using those difficult afterwards too, as well, even if you could wade through ankle-deep water. The location was great, although very hard to find at first, but not worth for the damp and mouldiness.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is an amazing beautiful house on Fes..with nice place to eat right around the corner... The roof terrace with harbour view is open for the guest..nice breakfast... Had a wonderful time... Thanks to the ladies who mange the hostel.

Dar Naima certainly has an EXCELLENT location, wonderful facilities and breakfast accommodations (during my 3-night stay I experienced traditional Moroccan spreads of various breads, jams, crepes, and eggs cooked in a tajine!), and incredibly helpful and friendly staff members! The beds were clean and comfy, although the bathrooms are quite modest and not the cleanest. All things considered, you really can't beat the price of this place. Highly recommended.

• 18th Mar 2015

I recommend this hostel. Has a very good location and everything you need for a good long or short stay. The manager as well as all the staff that works there are friendly. The main building is very nice and confortable. The bathroom which we had was poorly equipped (no mirror, nothing to hang towel or clothes on, not even a toilet brush, after taking a shower the water stays for days on the floor which is very unpleasant)Paying is in DRH not EUR (more expensive) It's a little bit overpriced

Beautiful hostel and amazing staff! There are certainly nicer showers though

Staff super kind and friendly, great building, clean rooms and breakfast on amazing terrace overlooking the whole medina!

• 27th Feb 2015

Nice house inside the medina. Clean and warm rooms, very friendly staff. We came as they were celebrating a birthday and they immediately offerd us cake, almond milk and tea. Good breakfast is included in the price. Only minus they have is the bathroom (we were in a room with 4 single beds on the first ground). When you shower, the whole bathroom is wett, so do bring flip flops! Nevertheless, I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Hostel with a fantastic atmosphere and very friendly staff. It is located right in the medina and because of that it is hard to find, but they have a nice dorm room with warm showers and proper beds. The hostel does not have many other facilities, but if offers excellent value for money on this very good location. Additionally, the roof top terrace is a great place to spend some warm evenings!

Worst hostel I've stayed at! Taxi drivers have a key to the front & to dorm room, and they will come in unannounced. One came in to yell at a guest one night. The guests are forced to coordinate and share ONE set of keys! I visited a hamam recommended by Hind, I was told I would get the local price, which would be around 5-10 dh. Hind later charged me 150 dh. The hamam staff later told me they had not been paid and angrily demanded money. I wrote Hind and all she could do was lie.

It was so great in here. Center of medina and so friendly staff. I stayed here twice and never regret it.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Rint was an great host. By the time we arrive till the time we left, she was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and all other places as well. It is located inside the Medina, which make everything easier to walk and enjoying get lost in Fes. The WiFi signal did not reach the room in a good quality, but it we could use this anyway and as we were more interested in visiting the city, it was not a huge problem. I recommend this hostel when visiting Fes.

View all Fez Bed and Breakfasts