Dar Rabha Reviews

41 Derb Seraj, Fez Medina, Fez, Morocco

All of the staff were extremely helpful, and they all took value in the hostel. There was a free continental breakfast and tea. If I ever went back to Fez, Morroco, I would stay here!

I actually booked a 6 beds dorm but I stayed at 4 beds dorm which was not better because I slept on a matress which is placed so near the ceiling so I always had to bent down. There was no socket to charge my phone. The bathroom is so small and old. Above all it's too near another bed so I felt uncomfortable when I use it. The breakfast was ok but starts too late. Almost from 9:00. It will be served person by person and it includes some different kind of bread, jams, cheese and pudding.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Great value for the money. The breakfast each morning is amazing! They really take care of you at this hostel and will help you regarding walking tours, Hammams, and anything else you want to do! We found a great Berber shop we wanted to go back to but couldn't find it because the medina is so complicated. The next morning, one of the staff guided us all the way back there so we could buy the rugs we wanted. They're amazing! Great airport transport, as well. Would recommend this hostel 100%!!

I Really don't know what to say After this amazing words: Thanks you so Much for your lovely words about hostel darrabha. we are really doing our best to offer you a pleasant time to all our Guest. we invite you all to enjoy the hospitality of hostel darrabha

we enjoyed our 1 night stay. We apprecuated a ground floor room which was quiet even though it adjoined the lobby. There was plenty of hot water for showers. The bathroom needed another towel rack and a better toilet seat, as it kept falling apart. Other than that we had a great time and would return.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Bathroom stank pretty bad and the staff's english is still developing. Nice hostel, not much atmosphere and they didn't give a good explanation of the city (don't walk around the outside of Fez's walls, it's really dangerous)

The rooms here are clean and simple with a little bathroom en suite. The staff are kind and helpful. The breakfast in the morning is super. The place is pretty easy to get to by following the directions given and quite close to the Medina and a bunch of little restaurants. The hostel is tucked in a bit so it is quite quiet considering its location. Overall, a great stay!

One of the ladies that runs Dar Rabha tried to charge me double what I booked- I attribute this to stupidity on both of our parts but extreme carelessness on hers. She was generally very chilly. Her daughter and the guy who helped out were great.

Hey guys...I had a really good time at the hostel! Nice rooms, beds, everything was really clean, the breakfest was good and the stuff helped a lot with our questions and were super friendly and funny guys. I booked 3 nights ahead and it was even possible to have a "break" on my reservation (I went on a spontaneous trip out of Fes) and still could stay at the hostel after I came back (without paying extra money) The rates are pretty expansive but its worth it!

• 31st Dec 2014

Very pleasant hostel, staff was nice, rooms are clean, bed was warm and comfortable (much to our delight after spending the previous nights in the desert), breakfast was also more varied than other places.

Best hostel in Morocco!! hot water, best staffs,tasty breakfast, beautiful hostel! and very close to the medina. staffs helped me everytime. I love there. if I ll go to morocco again, I stay this hostel again and I want to recommend this hostel to everyone!

A great place with friendly, helpful staff

Very friendly and helpful staff. The bathroom for the dormitory is a bit small.

We had a ground floor ensuite room that had very poor privacy: it had a glass door and window that was facing the common space so we always had to have the curtains on. The small window in the bathroom was facing the kitchen. Most of the staff did not speak English but you should get by just fine eith French. The Dar has a laundry service for 70 mad.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • martabastet
  • Croatia

Wonderful hostel! In a perfect location for exploring the center of the medina, very comfy beds (the first time-- we came back and received different beds, and one of them was a boxspring-- but I think that was the only bed like that, it's in the four-bedroom room, room #6). It's a relatively small hostel, so it becomes fantastic for socializing with other hostel-goers in their nice main room (we got two solid friends out of this place!). The breakfast in the morning is out of this world.

Location in the old Medina is pretty decent, I just wasn't a big fan of Fes overall (getting ripped off by locals in the markets). Nice terrace, lady was a bit hard to talk with.

one of the best hostel in morocco . very kind staff and nice breakfast

i was a nice hoste, just for the price we pay it

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Easy to find place, nice Riad with terrace. When checking in staff was on the phone the whole time. Only one working power point in the 5 bed dorm and got electrocuted from another. Bathroom would flood and wasn't particularly clean. Asked for a cheap meal the first night not but were led to another one of their hostels which was nice but expensive. Don't do the medina walking tour, just another rug/leather/scarf con job where you feel uncomfortably obliged, doesn't make you want to buy.

The Hostel was very welcoming, I appreciated the words of wisdom about Fez and how to deal with people trying to sell me things. I felt that the exchange rate was a fair one when I paid in MHD. I didn't like the fact that I paid more for a 4 bed hostel room which then ended up being a 5 bed room. The directions were helpful and quite accurate on the website. The staff friendly and the breakfast fantastic. The sound travels a lot from the common area, noisy guests could be annoying.

• 23rd Nov 2014

The staff was really helpful and friendly! Some of the beds are of poor quality, but the rooms are clean. The location is good, at the edge of the medina so it's easy to find.