Dar Rabha Reviews

41 Derb Seraj, Fez Medina, Fez, Morocco

One of the ladies that runs Dar Rabha tried to charge me double what I booked- I attribute this to stupidity on both of our parts but extreme carelessness on hers. She was generally very chilly. Her daughter and the guy who helped out were great.

Hey guys...I had a really good time at the hostel! Nice rooms, beds, everything was really clean, the breakfest was good and the stuff helped a lot with our questions and were super friendly and funny guys. I booked 3 nights ahead and it was even possible to have a "break" on my reservation (I went on a spontaneous trip out of Fes) and still could stay at the hostel after I came back (without paying extra money) The rates are pretty expansive but its worth it!

• 31st Dec 2014

Very pleasant hostel, staff was nice, rooms are clean, bed was warm and comfortable (much to our delight after spending the previous nights in the desert), breakfast was also more varied than other places.

A great place with friendly, helpful staff

Very friendly and helpful staff. The bathroom for the dormitory is a bit small.

We had a ground floor ensuite room that had very poor privacy: it had a glass door and window that was facing the common space so we always had to have the curtains on. The small window in the bathroom was facing the kitchen. Most of the staff did not speak English but you should get by just fine eith French. The Dar has a laundry service for 70 mad.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • martabastet
  • Croatia

Wonderful hostel! In a perfect location for exploring the center of the medina, very comfy beds (the first time-- we came back and received different beds, and one of them was a boxspring-- but I think that was the only bed like that, it's in the four-bedroom room, room #6). It's a relatively small hostel, so it becomes fantastic for socializing with other hostel-goers in their nice main room (we got two solid friends out of this place!). The breakfast in the morning is out of this world.

one of the best hostel in morocco . very kind staff and nice breakfast

I Really don't know what to say After this amazing words: Thanks you so Much for your lovely words about hostel darrabha. we are really doing our best to offer you a pleasant time to all our Guest. we invite you all to enjoy the hospitality of hostel darrabha

i was a nice hoste, just for the price we pay it

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Easy to find place, nice Riad with terrace. When checking in staff was on the phone the whole time. Only one working power point in the 5 bed dorm and got electrocuted from another. Bathroom would flood and wasn't particularly clean. Asked for a cheap meal the first night not but were led to another one of their hostels which was nice but expensive. Don't do the medina walking tour, just another rug/leather/scarf con job where you feel uncomfortably obliged, doesn't make you want to buy.

The Hostel was very welcoming, I appreciated the words of wisdom about Fez and how to deal with people trying to sell me things. I felt that the exchange rate was a fair one when I paid in MHD. I didn't like the fact that I paid more for a 4 bed hostel room which then ended up being a 5 bed room. The directions were helpful and quite accurate on the website. The staff friendly and the breakfast fantastic. The sound travels a lot from the common area, noisy guests could be annoying.

• 23rd Nov 2014

The staff was really helpful and friendly! Some of the beds are of poor quality, but the rooms are clean. The location is good, at the edge of the medina so it's easy to find.

Great little hostel right on the edge of the Medina! The staff were excellent; they made us lunch for free when we arrived and took us to the tanneries and helped answer all our questions. The location was great, rooms were great, and the courtyard in the middle was perfect for meeting other travelers.

The beds were hard and rooms a bit cramped but food was delicious, staff was friendly, and transport from airport to hostel was seamless.

Very nice hostel, excellent location very nice building and a nice rooftop terrace. One or two days quite a few people where there so you could get to know lots of people, the next day it got very quiet and relaxing. The shower and toilet were together in my room, so it gets quite messy if you re not the first one to use them. I was not sure how to get to the bus station by myself so one the hostel guys walked me there and helped me buy a ticket. Thank you for the good time at your hostel!

I liked this hostel! The staff were really helpful, even going so far as to personally lead us to the Tanneries. It was beautiful and breakfast was delicious. My only complaint is that I booked their deluxe double private room (which was lovely enough) but it was beside the main lobby/hangout area, which was very loud past midnight. I had hoped that the hostel would assume that in booking a private room, guests would also expect some quiet. I would recommend the dorms but not the private rooms.

• 17th Oct 2014

Nice hostel, good location, really chilled atmosphere. Staff were really friendly and so helpful will be returning in a couple of weeks :)

Great stay at the Dar Rabha! The staff's very nice and the facilities are enjoyable! We recommand!

We spend very lovely time in the hostel.The staff was very nice for us.The location is very good.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Poland

My 3 Australian friends and I spent 3 nights at Dar Rabha, and we couldn't have been happier with our stay! The beds are comfortable, bathroom is very clean, and to say that the staff are friendly would be a huge understatement! Everyone was always willing to go the extra mile to assist us with finding our way around the Medina, and recommending great restaurants. And all this for such a great price! We'll definitely be back and would recommend Dar Rabha to anyone!

• 18th Sep 2014