Dar Zman Reviews

Av Hassan 2, Bab El Hammar, Rue Ben Yelloun, Chefchaouen, Morocco

I have nothing but good things to say about this hostel . Excellent location , excellent staff and the rooms were fantastic. The only minor shortcoming was that the hot water was temperamental during our stay . But I would definitely go back again .

It really is a little luxury hostel; it was my first stop and there was no problem paying with euros (no credit card though). It's on the edge of the medina that makes it very comfortable to get to and from via taxi(got there really late), and then to walk to the bus station. There were extra blankets, and the rooms are beautiful. Breakfast is served at the table, with a view lovely view of the mountains. Way above Morocco standards! I really enjoyed my stay and I'd definitely go back! :)

Very well-located guesthouse, a little dark, can get a little chilly in winter, but in the rooms there is warming air-conditioning, breakfast was very good with fresh goat cheese, staff friendly but not extremely caring, very good value for money. Stay here, we recommend it.

AMAZING! What a fantastic value for your money. If you are travel-weary and need a luxurious couple of nights, book it here. The rooms are gorgeous with a great view of the mountainside, they make you a fantastic breakfast every morning, and the customer service is fantastic (thank you, Bouchra! You are the best!!!) I ran into some other travelers I met in Tangier and they came up to hang out and ended up switching their hostel immediately to this one, it's such a paradise.

We really enjoyed Dar Zman. The location is excellent, just at the edge of the medina, so it's more accessible by taxi than the ones deeper within the old city, but still had that 'medina' feeling. Very clean, very comfortable room, lovely traditional decor. The staff were quiet and professional, took good care of us, and helped us arrange a taxi to go to Akchour. Breakfast was very nice, too.

Wonderful stay, great room, easy to find, close to everything, great breakfast, wonderful staff!

• 13th Sep 2014