DarNell Reviews

33 Rue Sekka, Soco Chico, Tanger Medina, Tangier, Morocco

I had a fantastic stay. Magee was great.

• 4th Nov 2013

Maggie is a very nice person, who tells you all the great places to go! She also serves a very very god maroccain breakfast!

Dar Nell hosted me for six consecutive nights, then later a final night. It was a treat: right in the Medina close to two main taxi points, completely secure, very comfortable with a good bed and linen, tasty breakfast at a reasonably early hour, and a reasonable price. The host, Maggie, is a real pleasure - knowledgeable, funny, attentive, and discerning about likely interests of varied guests. Her reliable presence at the house was the best feature of Dar Nell; I'm very glad I stayed there.

Maggie is really lovely and staying at her place is feeling as being at home. I recommend Dar Nell!

I was very happy with my stay in DarNell. The place is in a very good location and is a great way to see the centre of Tangier and Maggie was really helpful and spent a day showing me round all the main sites and the market. As I was travelling alone it was very helpful and a great way to get a more realistic perspective of Tangier from a local's viewpoint rather than staying as a tourist and being more removed from the experience. Definetly would recommend it!!

I loved staying with Maggie and will definitely be going back. She arranged everything for us and made us feel at home. The breakfast was divine as well.

We stayed here at both ends of our Morocco trip because it was so nice. The first time we arrived Maggie went out of her way to meet us and make sure we arrived safely because it was late at night. The rooms are cosy and spacious at the same time and breakfast is excellent. Maggie is great company and she really makes you feel at home. Bilbo, her cat, is also a real presence in the place, very nice. We loved it here, it felt like home.

The Riad was gorgeous. It felt very homely and was a treat to go back to after a stressful day shopping. We felt a bit awkward because we were staying in the owner's bedroom, and the bathroom smelled quite a bit. But overall I would definitely stay again. The place is wonderfully decorated, the roof terrace is gorgeous and Fatna the housekeeper is a gorgeous lady!

Me and my mum loved staying with Maggie. We stayed for 4 nights and chose this venue after a few horrible nights in hotel chellah in the city centre. We read the previous reviews and knew this was the place for us. The location is perfect, in the medina but very easy to find. Maggie will go out of her way to help in anyway she can, it was great for us as she is Scottish and we are English so we chatted away but she is also fluent in French and Spanish. Loved it and will go back if visiting Tangi

I recommend the DArNell to everyone going to Tangier. Maggie, the owner, will be glad to give you lots of information about the city, its most interesting and beautiful places and will make your stay a wonderful experience. There is a beautiful terrace where you can spend your evenings on. The place is 10 min from the port in the very center of the city, no noise at night, very comfortable beds and great breakfast! Go there and enjoy!

Lovely Riad with a good location in Tangier. Maggie was very helpful and knowledgeable of the area.

Maggie is wonderful! She gave us a quick tour of the city so we could find our way around. She also knows anything you'd like to know about Tangier and is really welcoming and friendly. The building is gorgeous with an absolutely amazing view form the terrace on the roof. Breakfasts were superb. Rooms were great and everything was clean. We loved our stay!

Català: Una pensió acollidora al centre de la medina de Tànger. Terrasseta molt agradable. La propietaria ens va ajudar amb consells i els esmorzars senzills però generosos. Castellano: pensión acojedora al centro de la medina de Tánger. Terracita muy agradable. La propietaria nos ayudó con consejos y los desayunos son sencillos pero generosos. English: cosy hostel in the center of Tangier. Lovely terrace, helpful owner and good breakfast.

• 28th Jul 2012
  • Spain

Maggie and her place was amazing! If you wanna stay in Tangier, you should stay with Maggie. We had a room with a nice terrace, breakfast was delicious and relaxing. We stayed for two nights and the bed was so comfortable that we had the best sleep ever:) We really appreciated Maggie's hospitality.

An excellent guesthouse and an excellent host. Staying in Maggie's home felt as if I had come to stay with an old friend.

• 12th Jun 2012

Maggie and her place defined a large part of our stay in Tangier :) We didn't want to leave her house!

My friends and I had a wonderful stay at Maggie's B &B. The decor and atmosphere of this place is fabulous! Maggie is an absolute doll, she has led the most interesting life and knows so much. She was so helpful and answered all of our questions. She even lent us leggings so we could go out at night! I would highly recommend this for a place to stay in Tanger. The breakfast was delicious, the rooms were comfortable, and the view from the terrace is beautiful.

• 10th May 2012

I stayed at Maggie´s for 3 nights and absolutely loved it. Maggie is also a fantastic host. She was extremely helpful in navigating Tangier and planning my next steps in travelling through Morocco. Plus, her rooftop terrace has an incredible view of the sea and the medina. All in all, I would highly recommend this place without hesitation. One note, contact her before arriving. You will not find her place on your own. She will then happily meet you and take you to her place.

The staff was excellent, as was the location and the value for the money I spent. The staff were great people and were a pleasure to get to know and to talk with. The ovation is perfect with the beach and all of the main sights within very close walking distance. The breakfast was unbelievable and Maggie treated me and her customers with the utmost respect. Easily the best hostel I have ever stayed in to this day. Highly recommended.

• 27th Apr 2012

Maggie's Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful and unique guest house in a beautiful and unique city. I had no idea what to expect in Tangier and Maggie made my one night stay there both comfortable and exciting. Her house is located in the maze of Tangier's Medina, so it is very important that you get in touch with her and she will arrange to meet you and show you around. The house is amazing and there are ocean views from the terrace. I will definitely be back for a longer stay!

• 16th Apr 2012