Darling View Point Bungalows Reviews

120 Moo T. Maehee A. Pai, Pai, Thailand

The common areas are great to hang out and meet people, it is a short walk to town but the view from up top definitely makes up for it. From what I heard it was the best place to stay in pai. Only issue was the bathrooms could have been cleaner. Otherwise loved my stay and would go again!

• 19th Nov 2014

I stayed in peak season (Nov.) and I think it would very hard not to meet people here at that time. However, there was no lock on our door (although you could drop your stuff off with the owner for safekeeping), the mattresses (which were on the floor) weren't very comfortable and I'm not sure how clean the sheets were. On the plus side, the water pressure was great, you were provided a towel and the town was just a 5 minute walk away. Not the best amenities, but the people were great.

Great place! Owner Darling is lovely and so kind. I would recommend this place if you don't mind a few ants.

This was a fun hostel. Very much a party hostel, but with room to get away from the chaos too. They have lots of sitting room to read and relax. They also had a bonfire every night. Dorm room is made up of mattresses on the ground (real mattresses with springs). About a 15 minute walk from town.

My stay here was incredible! The grounds are large enough where you can stay in a bungalow right near all the action or a quieter one just a little further away. The owners build bonfires on a near nightly basis for everyone to gather around, hammocks with incrediable views are everywhere, some nights I didn't even sleep in the dorms, just stayed in a hammock. Darling is the sweetest woman who does everything she can to make everyone's stay be as fun as possible. You won't want to leave.

Had the most uncomfortable bed I have ever experienced. Was like sleeping on rusty springs. There was no way to lock our private room from the inside and We had a staff member enter the room while we were sleeping unannounced. Also we were given a motorbike which was taken away from us and given to another guest forcing us to hire a private car for a much higher cost. Would not stay at darlings again. Darling was sweet but did it did not make up for the rest of our experience.

It has such a beautiful view of Pai! Yes it is about a 7 minute walk into town but it's a beautiful walk. The owner is so so sweet, always laughing and having a good time! We had a party there and she let loose and danced with us! Sometimes it can be a bit slow getting checked in or getting a bottle of water because her grounds are quite big and it's just her and her husband running it. But I enjoyed my stay very much! Would go back just for the staff and view!

The location and views are amazing but be prepared to sacrifice on other things. Particularly the staff. Darling and Peter both tried to overcharge me (on my room and laundry) and when I pointed out that they had they both waved it off and claimed they had been "rounding" so make sure to keep a close eye on what you're paying. Also they are incredibly understaffed so be prepared to wait a good half hour to ask a question/get help/check in, etc.

if you are in pai, you have to stay here ,in the morning its just amazing view and there are lots of people arriving ,so if you come alone like me , you just have much fun and meet many friends. Best experience in pai.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Darling is a sweetheart, stay here for a fairly quite, close location in Pai with very kind and helpful staff.

This hostel is completely identical to a Thai home. Wooden, on stilts, hard beds, and a bathroom that doesn't divide the shower and the toilet. If you want to feel like you're truly living the Thai experience, then definitely stay here! The view is absolutely breathtaking. Definitely a great place to meet people. Stayed in the private 3 bedroom room- the beds weren't the most comfy, but hey, it's Thailand. Word of advice: Rent a motorbike if you're going to be in Pai.

• 7th Nov 2014

Best place to stay! You have a awesome view and great chill out zones and have sound system where you can put your music. The pool its a good place to refresh on the beginning and end of the day. you will for sure meet amazing people here! Since everybody rent a bike your are 2min distance to town.

The vieuw over pai is really amazing!

Nice view of the town, but it is about a 10 min walk in (no lights at night near the hostel so bring a torchlight if you don't want to end up in a ditch). No beds, just mattresses on the floor. And the bathroom was shared with the next door dorm which had paper thin walls which meant being woken up by someone having a shower. Staff was very limited in such an open space which meant security was non existent.

The lady that runs the place was super sweet. This location is just outside of Pai which is walkable (15-20mins) but it's probably best if you have a motorbike. Really chill place with a lovely view upstairs. At times, it felt like I was in the jungle because of how quiet and beautiful it was. Don't be surprised if there are bugs in the bathroom or in your room though! If you are looking for something other than SpicyPai, choose here!

The lady that runs it (darling) was so sweet and I was quite excited for the stay. Until we were shown to our room. 2 of us had our hayfever go crazy straight away from the dusty dirty rooms. The beds were rock hard. There was mouse phaeces on 1 of the pillow cases. We went and saw darling and politely said we want to stay elsewhere but we're happy to pay for the night. She showed us 2 more rooms but we said we were going elsewhere. She soon was anything but datling telling my friend to shutup

• 13th Sep 2014

Darling, the owner is awesome!! The place is beautiful, is not in the center of the town but it is just a ten minute walk!

Great place, just outside of town. Good atmosphere and relaxed.

• 31st Jul 2014

Great place!

• 28th Jul 2014

Ants in the beds and no wa shower even though it's stated it has.

• 21st Jul 2014