Darling View Point Bungalows Reviews

120 Moo T. Maehee A. Pai, Pai, Thailand

Sort of like cabins on the hill, amazing view from each bungalow. I spent a lot of time just laying in one of the hammocks reading. Walls are paper thin, it would be nice if they at least encouraged a quiet time at night. People tend to wander back drunk and loud, you can hear everything. Dogs and chickens will wake you up at sunrise. Best bet is to just join people that go out to circus or town and come back around midnight.

Was freezing to desth the whole night. You can have so much better for the same exact price (200 bahts)

• 3rd Feb 2016

The place wasn't clean, but I understand a lot of it may be due to the location. Beautiful views from.the terrace. Need more light in bedrooms!

• 2nd Feb 2016

Highly recommend to anyone staying in Pai. The staff goes above and beyond for you. They are a sweet and loving couple who bring you waters when you first get there and handmade anklets upon check out. It's more like a compound of bungalows. You wake up to the sound of roosters and have a killer mountain/town view where ever you are on the property. Not that clean but i didn't mind that at all since i'm not high maintenance. Not much security. Best part of my stay in Pai for sure.

• 30th Jan 2016

I only stayed one night in a dorm room. I've stayed at nicer dorm rooms before but it was ok for one night & for the price. It has many great hangout areas with and hammocks which provides a relaxed atmosphere ,with all the lights in the evening. A good place to meet people but it could be cleaner in all areas.

I think this place has gotten worse of a rep in the review section then it deserves. The whole hostel is a series of bungalows. Each has a balcony with nice pillows and hammocks. There are frequently campfires, and the view is to die for. However, this is not really so much a party hostel. It's pretty quiet. Peaceful. If you want to party, go to Circus hostel which is just minutes away. If I come back to Pai I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

I stayed at that hostel for 3 night and couldn't do any more then that.. Staff was ok but for me was dirty there specially toilets next main when I was staying wasn't clean for days and the sink was blocked there but what really bothers me there was that I couldnt sleep at all it was so noisy there.. I have double room booked there but it's almost no because can here you from next room as wall is as thin as sheet of paper. Good thing about this hostel is a view

Great friendly owner. Nice to sit around the fire, back door to our bungalow had no lock which kinda sucked. The view was amazing. Lots of nicer bungalows around for the same price

The place wasn't cleaned during my whole stay. They have someone who walks around and picks up (poorly) but sheets weren't changed once, and in 5 days i watched quite a few people sleep in the same blankets. There were no keys to the rooms or lockers, which is whatever, ok, fine. Backpackers are mostly honest so it didn't concern me. But then the owner likes to play games with your missing stuff if she finds it, which was also fine, until I lost my jacket. Oh and shes racist so that was great.

Our first encounter with the staff was Darling, stressed out, crying, overworked and blaming her husband. We consoled her and were surprised with a free upgrade to a gorgeous bungalow with hammock and an amazing view. Our favourite thing was the hostel's campfire party. Great to meet people and stay nice and warm.

This place was not what we expected! The view was incredible, and was a short 5-10 minute walk into town, this place was extremely dusty everywhere. The blankets were dirty, and beds hard. The bathrooms were pretty gross most of the time (but there were a lot of guests). The staff are friendly for the most part. But it was crazy loud and cold at night. It sounded like a nightclub, yelling and banging until 5-6am every night. Just wasn't our type of scene. Had to sleep with earplugs every night.

The owners are the only staff and they are very nice, but highly disorganized. I wouldn't recommend it if you can find something nicer. There were no locks on any of the doors, nor did they have a secure place in the rooms for valuables. Good location and pretty, but very very loud.

Despite all good reviews i didnt like it here. Positives - the view without a doubt, and if you like staying up until 5am singing around a fire to Bob marley, that. I couldnt get a wink of sleep due to the above, as well as roosters, howling dogs, my private room being right next to the stairs meant it felt like an elephant stampede whenever people passed. Freezing cold at night, my door wouldnt bolt from the inside, no lockers just your own padlock on room door.

The place is nice and the staff really cool but the blanket is not enough during the night I got a cold for a week after my second night there ...

Staff were friendly! Lovely view from terrace of mountains and sunset. Very old dated place, but it was clean and a bit different. Quite noisy at night due to backpackers socialising which is great but don't stay here if you like to go to bed before midnight!. Had a fab stay, booked 2 night and stayed for 3! Great place to meet fellow backpackers!

• 9th Jan 2016

A tiny walk out of the way but the view is worth it! Id happly come back darling and peter are so kind and helpful to everyone the only thing is you will get woken up every morning by roosters!!! And not the most clean place, could do with a bit of dusting. Stayed 2 nights and booked another one easy enough. Very peaceful and perfect views love it !

Lovely view

• 9th Jan 2016

Top little spot up on the hill only 5 minute walk from the main strip, the whole vibe was good and really chilled. You could meet ppl easily for evening drinks around the fire...

Stayed there for two nights in a 8 bed dorm. Nice, clean hostel with really friendly owner. View from the terrace is magnificent!

Incredible !!! We decided spend 3 more nights there.. Darling and Peter were really friendly with us. Nice view, peaceful place.. the best in Pai!!!!

• 31st Dec 2015