Darling View Point Bungalows Reviews

120 Moo T. Maehee A. Pai, Pai, Thailand

Loved it but if they put lockers in the rooms one per person and fixed the drainage so that our room didn't constantly smell of sewage due to a leaky outside pipe the main building then I'd give this place 5 stars! The view is amazing but price wise it doesn't compete with circus just up the hill!

Lo mejor de todo, la dueña, Darling es un amor. Las vistas son espectaculares, un gustazo estar en una terraza con hamacas. Preparan fiestas alrededor de la fogata junto a la piscina. Ambiente de 10! Te facilitan el alquiler de la moto. La habitación no es nada del otro mundo, pero todo lo demás lo compensa. Lo peor quizás es que esta un poco apartado, pero son solo 10 min andando del pueblo y si después coges la moto ni te acuerdas. Volvería sin pensarlo.

The hostel has a beautiful view with a very nice and relaxing atmosphere. I really enjoyed the location since it was not in the town center but only an 8 to 10 minute walk. The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the cleanliness, or lack thereof, of the hostel, the restrooms specially were not cleaned regularly.

Private double is a bit pricy but well worth it for the view. It's a real close to nature experience but that's Pai and we loved it. Darling is sooo nice and happy to help whatever time of day. The short walk to town is scenic and sunset bar is about 10 mins away.

Awesome little hostel. I met some great people here, hired mopeds and MTB's here, had a bonfire etc. the view from the hostel is great and darling is very friendly and helpful. Amazing 5 days spent here.

Big plus on the hostel for its view on Pai and the mountains around it. We've been able to do a fire in the evening, play some music till midnight. However probably the worst mattresses I had to sleep on, feeling all the sprung and very old in the biggest dorm. Bathroom very rarely clean as well. But it's cheap, not too far from the town and with great views, you do the maths.

There was barely anyone there so I moved to have more people around but it was chill and the staff was great

• 24th Oct 2015

Stayed in a private room with en suite. It was in a bungalow that had been split to two private rooms, really nice views and hammocks everywhere which was great!

Darling is lovely and gave us a discount when we came back. Basic rooms but totally adequate and comfortable. Clean shared bathrooms. Great atmosphere and AMAZING view from the balcony "chill out" area. Nice walk into town, so out away from the noise. Take a touch!

Darling view point was a pleasure to stay at. I would suggest it as the best place to stay in all of Pai. The view is incredible, the vibe is social yet laid back, and the area is large enough to have your own space while you could meet people in the common areas if you wanted to. The 4 person bungalow was huge, had 2 bathrooms, and a great deck with a hammock. Peter was a great host and very welcoming. He could assist you with whatever you needed in Pai. Overall, my favorite place in SE Asia!

Good hostel overall, rooms are big with 15 beds in the dorm. You get great views of Pai from the balcony which is also very cool. Lack of security though (no keys or lockers!) and it is a walk into town but if you have scooters (which are cheap to rent from the hostel) its quick.

Very far to walk from the bus station now the bamboo bridge is gone.. half an hour in mid day heat is exhausting. Too many beds in dorm kept hitting feet and toes as the beds are so close together. Poor atmosphere.. no one else staying there and felt like a ghost hostel. Even staff were hard to locate at times. Only booked as it was the cheapest place on hostelworld. Turns out there are loads of cheaper options in the centre of town.. minutes away from bus station. Only positive was nice v

The Darling Viewpoint Hostel was the biggest surprise of all hostels we stayed in Thailand although we were looking for the cheapest stay in Pai for only one night. The place turned out to be so great that we stayed for 4 nights! The place has an amazing view and has its own charm. The couple who is running the hostel was so lovely to us and they put a lot of effort into it. The husband gave us some recommendations what to see and visit around Pai, some cheap & secret places like hot springs.

This place was a bit further out of the town than we expected, but that meant it was quiet and not overly occupied. Darling was the sweetest angel of a woman and the hostel was great as well. The view is amazing and the rooms are set out nicely. We hired motorbikes through the hostel and had absolutely no trouble with anything. The hostel also organises buses etc which was super handy. The showers/toilets were fine, and there were heaps of cool places to hang out around the bungalows.

Anne is a wonderful host! The guesthouse has a beautiful view and is close distance to the town; however the directions on hostelworld are incorrect as the bamboo bridge has been washed away so you have to walk further. The bathrooms are great; I stayed in a private room but there was a lot of dust, the bed was uncomfortable as I could feel every spring and there is no space to put your bag or move around as the bed takes up most of the space!

I liked this hostel a lot but Darling (the owner) just made it so much better. She was so lovely. Very welcoming, warm and kind. It just made a really nice atmosphere. The hostel in itself though was fairly decent. Location wise, it's good. We rented scooters through the hostel for like 200baht. The bathroom could have been cleaner but for what you pay you get a good return! Pai was my favourite place in Thailand and staying here was a contributing factor :)

Exceeded my expectations! Only a 5 minute, beautiful walk into the town. Gorgeous views, great for large groups. We stayed with 36 total students, had a great time hanging in the pool and on the hammocks. The perfect stay for our trip for the price. I definitely recommend!

• 10th Jul 2015

Most shocking hostel we've stayed in in Thailand. Walked into the room with mattresses on the floor, didn't look clean at all - first beds we picked had dead flies on top and inside the bedding. Toilet and shower room very basic, but both the shower and toilet ran brown water so we didnt want to wash here - thank god we only booked one night. Also scary getting to at night - it's on the top of hill with no lights so we felt really secluded. No atmosphere either but maybe we got it on a bad day.

It's oke!

Darling is amazing! We stayed here based on a recommendation from a friend and are so glad we did! There is a path into town which is a great shortcut (everyone in town will tell you it's far...it's not!). The room was enormous, clean and with an amazing view! If I ever have the chance to return to Pai, I will stay here again.

View all Pai Bed and Breakfasts