Darling View Point Bungalows Reviews

120 Moo T. Maehee A. Pai, Pai, Thailand

Was a little daunting see so many mattresses on the floor in the room when I first walked in, but after meeting my roommates everything was great! Great party atmosphere at night (sometimes there is a fire, sometimes not). Pool was awesome (and free!). Even though it was a bit away from the main part of town, the way to/from the town really wasn't that bad. Great value for my money and free bracelet at checkout!

Absolutely LOVED this hostel. The rooms are roomy, clean and good value for money. It's in a great location- just a 10min walk away from town centre and all attractions in Pai are within a short scooter's reach away. The atmosphere is really social and Darling Viewpoint is filled with friendly folk from everywhere. I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to anyone visiting Pai

Amazing! You see a fantastic sunset every night, cute bungalows with balcony to chill and hammocks! Cheap beers and a short 5 minute walk into town! Darling Ann the owner and Peter are just FANTASTIC. The happiest, kindest little Thai women you will ever meet and will do anything to help you and make your stay better. Would DEFINITELY stay again!!!!

Could be really nice with a bit of organisation-great view and decking area.

Darling is the best lady! A little crazy, but in a great way! Hostel is a short walk from town, beds were mattresses on the floor but that was all part of the atmosphere and very comfortable. A unique hostel experience I am glad I didn't miss out on!

A little bit to walk to, but in a nice place. The common spaces were really nice, and they have a small pool too. The owners were really friendly and helpful. I was staying in a dorm which had no beds at all, only mattresses on the floor and almost no space for the bags. There is a nice atmosphere and they make a fire, play music and have fun at night, which I think is great. But the doors don't close and it was really loud until five or six in the morning, what makes sleep really difficult.

10 minute walk from town. We stayed in a 5 person Dorm for 3 nights. it was literally 3 double bed mattresses and 2 single on the floor squeezed into 1 room. This wasn't a problem for my girlfriend and i considering we were the only ones in there the entire time! The linen seemed to be a little old and dirty..but whatever. All sorts of animals will wake you up nice and early!!! The common area is sweet as!! wifi works well. I would recommend paying a little extra and getting a private ensuite,

The best view of pai, the best people are surrounding you every day. Hammocks everywhere, camp fire every evening Great atmosphere!!

The location and view are spectacular. The cleanliness of the rooms however are not. My bed was covered in mouse droppings and smelled of urine. Though the mattress was sealed(thank god) the room was extremely dirty. Maybe it's because I went for the cheapest room available but some general cleaning isn't asking for too much. They did give me a bottle of water and a towel upon arrival but other than that this place is extremely dirty. Dirtiest hostel yet.

great place,enjoy 3 nights here!

Very peaceful place. Rooms are not anything spectacular.. literally just mattress on the floor with sheet and pillow. They do give you a towel. Nightly bonfires.... hostel about a 5 minute shortcut walk to town. Thai Owner Darling is a sweety...very warm and welcoming. WiFi is good...showers not bad...Very chill atmosphere.. awesome view of Pai...I enjoyed my stay.

Located about 5/10 mins from town centre if you know the shortcut. Dorm rooms basic but had its own chill out area or you could use the common area pool or head to the bonfire at night. Wifi excellent. Lockers at reception. Run by Anne 'darling' who is amazing if a bit scatty. Awesome atmosphere and completely friendly.

This place has a beautiful view of Pai and is a 5/10 minute walk from town. Shower was cold at all times of day for everyone in the dorm and the door to the room didn't actually close properly, had to find a technique to stop it from opening on its own. I felt a bit cheated as the dorm I was in had just five single mattresses lined up on the floor, yet I found out that the dorm next door each had a double bed on a frame for the same price. Not sure how these two rooms can be charged the same!

Great stay, friendly staff (though they are always busy because it's a big place.) Great atmosphere, amazign view and location. The mattresses on the ground made me hesitant at first but turned out to be a great plus, if you're lucky you get a big mattress and they're very comfy, felt like a luxury sleepover at a friends place and brought me back to my youth. Can be a bit loud at night but never kept me from sleeping.

Darling Bungalows is amazing! It's just a little walk over the bridge from the main road but not more than 10 minutes. I really enjoyed the fire every night, very sociable place, easy to meet new people and hang out chatting until early mornings. Definitely a place to recommend!

Darling 'the owner' is very lovely, just as the name implies. Pete 'I think he's either a volunteer worker or a part owner' is not polite or nice in the least. He has an inability to speak with people and should be avoided. They have nice place, higher up from the main town, making it quieter and great views. Large fire pit for gathering with new or old friends. Didn't try any of the food.

This hostel was really friendly and had amazing views of Pai While the rooms were basic I thought they were good value for money.

The room and shower is iscold.

Booked 4p dorm, got dumped in 10p dorm. Small rooms with no beds, only matrasses.

• 18th Jan 2014

Darling viewpoint was a great place to stay in Pai. Amazing viewpoint from our room balcony. It is located on the hill so it's a great location. 10 min walk to the main road in Pai which is not a long walk at all. The room was clean, spacious with big beds. Great balcony to take in the sun set with some beers. Bathroom was clean but a bit smelly, noticed small mold developing. Lady who runs it is so cute and super nice but it's just her. Way too big of a hostel for one lady to manage.

« first « Prev 1 2 3