Darling View Point Bungalows Reviews

120 Moo T. Maehee A. Pai, Pai, Thailand

Nice views of Pai, a tad hard to find; could be better signposted. Very basic rooms, just mattresses on the floor. Too close together, you wake up literally looking at a stranger about 1 foot away. At 180 baht you get what you pay for, I suppose. Darling was a bit like Jekyll and Hyde, one moment she was literally a darling then she was unpleasant. I wouldn't go back

• 14th Dec 2014

Hostel is ok. Location out of town, although there is a shortcut but it is way to dark out there at night. Rooms are clean. Matrasses on the ground. No security or locks on the door. Staff is fine but weird.

Though a touch difficult to find initially, darling viewpoint is a wonderful hostel situated on the hillside overlooking Pai. It's a 5-minute walk into the heart of Pai and is just down the road from the Circus school. Cheap dorms and rooms, lots of clean bathrooms, and heaps of areas to chill and hammock and while away the day. No kitchen and about 5-20 baht to get some hot water in the morning (from ~0730 onwards) but otherwise very friendly owners.

It's not a bad place to stay. The view is gorgeous and the staff I friendly. Bring your own lock.

• 5th Dec 2014

Darlings is a great time (she is hilarious). Was supposed to only stay 3 nights and ended up staying 6. Close walk into town. The place itself could be a bit cleaner but you get what you pay for

Everything was a bit disheveled and it took us an hour or so to check in. The walls here were amazingly thing, I'd say this is the noisiest hostel I've ever stayed in. Up until midnight you can hear the circus school music and Chinese karaoke from a local hotel, and at 3am our neighbors came home and woke us up by just talking casually. We could see through the walls into other rooms as they were just boards nailed up with holes in them. Very dusty with plenty of spiders. We left a night early.

The common areas are great to hang out and meet people, it is a short walk to town but the view from up top definitely makes up for it. From what I heard it was the best place to stay in pai. Only issue was the bathrooms could have been cleaner. Otherwise loved my stay and would go again!

• 19th Nov 2014

Darling was darling - she is the nicest woman on earth. We had a fantastic time at Darling view and would highly recommend to others. Great atmosphere and people.

I stayed in peak season (Nov.) and I think it would very hard not to meet people here at that time. However, there was no lock on our door (although you could drop your stuff off with the owner for safekeeping), the mattresses (which were on the floor) weren't very comfortable and I'm not sure how clean the sheets were. On the plus side, the water pressure was great, you were provided a towel and the town was just a 5 minute walk away. Not the best amenities, but the people were great.

Great place! Owner Darling is lovely and so kind. I would recommend this place if you don't mind a few ants.

This was a fun hostel. Very much a party hostel, but with room to get away from the chaos too. They have lots of sitting room to read and relax. They also had a bonfire every night. Dorm room is made up of mattresses on the ground (real mattresses with springs). About a 15 minute walk from town.

My stay here was incredible! The grounds are large enough where you can stay in a bungalow right near all the action or a quieter one just a little further away. The owners build bonfires on a near nightly basis for everyone to gather around, hammocks with incrediable views are everywhere, some nights I didn't even sleep in the dorms, just stayed in a hammock. Darling is the sweetest woman who does everything she can to make everyone's stay be as fun as possible. You won't want to leave.

Had the most uncomfortable bed I have ever experienced. Was like sleeping on rusty springs. There was no way to lock our private room from the inside and We had a staff member enter the room while we were sleeping unannounced. Also we were given a motorbike which was taken away from us and given to another guest forcing us to hire a private car for a much higher cost. Would not stay at darlings again. Darling was sweet but did it did not make up for the rest of our experience.

It has such a beautiful view of Pai! Yes it is about a 7 minute walk into town but it's a beautiful walk. The owner is so so sweet, always laughing and having a good time! We had a party there and she let loose and danced with us! Sometimes it can be a bit slow getting checked in or getting a bottle of water because her grounds are quite big and it's just her and her husband running it. But I enjoyed my stay very much! Would go back just for the staff and view!

The location and views are amazing but be prepared to sacrifice on other things. Particularly the staff. Darling and Peter both tried to overcharge me (on my room and laundry) and when I pointed out that they had they both waved it off and claimed they had been "rounding" so make sure to keep a close eye on what you're paying. Also they are incredibly understaffed so be prepared to wait a good half hour to ask a question/get help/check in, etc.

if you are in pai, you have to stay here ,in the morning its just amazing view and there are lots of people arriving ,so if you come alone like me , you just have much fun and meet many friends. Best experience in pai.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Darling is a sweetheart, stay here for a fairly quite, close location in Pai with very kind and helpful staff.

This hostel is completely identical to a Thai home. Wooden, on stilts, hard beds, and a bathroom that doesn't divide the shower and the toilet. If you want to feel like you're truly living the Thai experience, then definitely stay here! The view is absolutely breathtaking. Definitely a great place to meet people. Stayed in the private 3 bedroom room- the beds weren't the most comfy, but hey, it's Thailand. Word of advice: Rent a motorbike if you're going to be in Pai.

• 7th Nov 2014

Best place to stay! You have a awesome view and great chill out zones and have sound system where you can put your music. The pool its a good place to refresh on the beginning and end of the day. you will for sure meet amazing people here! Since everybody rent a bike your are 2min distance to town.

The vieuw over pai is really amazing!

View all Pai Bed and Breakfasts