Darling View Point Bungalows Reviews

120 Moo T. Maehee A. Pai, Pai, Thailand

Darling I love you!! I'm coming back today after leaving pai for a few days...definitely staying at darling! The walls might have some gaps but there's no Mosquitos at all, maybe some ants and geckos.. But hey your in Thailand. That shits everywhere! The atmosphere is on point, people are amazing. The pool, oh the pool 😍. expensive but Good food. They have a walkway that you can get downtown in 5 minutes!!! So perfect!! The view💯But I won't lie, I'm just going back because I love darling!😘💜

Aside from the view, low prices and numerous areas to sit and enjoy the view, there's not much going for this place. The dirtiest I've felt in 14 weeks of travel. Often not enough toilet roll for large dorm. We saw change overs and the bedding stayed the same, just straightened!!! No security. Owners are mad/lazy and rude. Atmosphere is mixed bc people in bungalows don't tend to sit in main area to socialise. Pretty sure pool water isn't filtered.

Loved staying at darling so much!! Very good value for money, was the most comfortable place I stayed because there were just so many hammocks and cushions around for you to chill and enjoy the beautiful town lights at night. Bed was comfy too and good fan so it almost felt air conditioned. Great showers and clean washrooms. Darling is super friendly and fun. Good social environment too!

Don't stay here unless it's a last resort. Awful rooms, I had to share a double with a complete stranger, not that it mattered because all the single beds are shoved so close together it's like sharing. The sheets never been washed. Holes in the walls and mosquito door. Ants everywhere! Bathroom never cleaned, full bin of toilet paper for 2 days. The owner was strange, kept telling me about the hot boys everywhere then later starting shouting and swearing for no reason. AVOID.

I'd never stay anywhere else in Pai.

The staff is a bit cooky, but very kind at heart. Beautiful views from the balconies make it a great choice, even though you need to trek up a hill to get there. Dorms were hot, but over all quite comfortable.

• 16th Apr 2015

Darlings is the Perfect atmosphere for any traveller or backpacker of any age. You pay for the facilities you get But you cannot put a price on Darling Anne, the lady who runs and owns the guesthouse. She is the life and soul of the place and party. We love darlings

Mattresses on floor, not very comfortable. so hot in the rooms, even with the fan on you. Decent shower. Pool is nice to have a dip after walking up the hill.

If you want to be all about the Pai life, living the SAWADEE. You need to come here. Darling is the most amazing woman!! You need a bike pretty much anywhere in Pai to get around but this place has a sweet social scene and only a 10 minute walk into town. Wish we could of stayed longer.. Can't say a bad word about this hostel. PAI LIFE!!

Darling and Peter have a gem in Darling View. It really does have the best view of the village and the mountains. Darling is so friendly and kind it's infectious. It's obvious that she genuinely loves her guests. In Pai you don't have much to worry about. It's a hippy town with nature everywhere! The only downsides are that you have to let Peter type the wifi password into your device because he's afraid of people stealing it and no lockers in the rooms.

The place is basic but they are really trying to build he place up. The woman Darling who runs it is so nice and friendly. S helpful.

• 15th Mar 2015

An ok place to stay at for sure, and maybe should had given this place a bit better rating. But in relation to how many awesome places there are in Pai then it gets a lower rating. I stayed here 2 nights, then changed to the circus school hostel which was among the best things that happened to me on my whole backpacking trip. But if the high rated hostels are fully booked then definitely go for this, it was an ok hostel still :)

Reception is messy and disorganised. Owner is a crazy woman who doesn't speak, she screams. High pitch - top of voice screams at every customer &at staff. Rude&unprofessional, apparently the room I booked was incorrectly advertised @ 500 baht per night but still says same now on Hostelworld! Beds are uncomfortable, no sheet provided - you have to sleep under a yuckie blanket that doesn't get washed. Bathroom door was broken so I was locked inside the bathroom. Very noisy rooms. Easy to break in.

check in at 7pm Rang the bell for a few times before someone actually came to attend to us. Was informed that we could upgrade our room to include a private bathroom at additional charge which was fine with us. However, we were shortchanged 50baht. When I enquire for the reason being, the host mentioned that it was because she have decided to give us a larger bedroom but has no courtesy to inform us. On top of that, Toilet door was broken down and unable to lock, bad value for money

great place with nice Darling women.i like it .i was the only Chinese over there.thanks.this amy

Really nice that it's a 5 minute walk from town, nice to be separate but so close to the nightlife! Good vibes

Great location! Amazing atmosphere, have a bonfire everynight and people bump music until 12 or 1. 5 minute walk to downtown. One of the better views! Darling is amazing and such a sweet woman. Peter is an a-hole, overcharges and is lazy. Very understaffed so will take a long time to get food. No food places near this hostel, but thats the same for all the hostels since pai is very small

Staff is a bit aloof when it come to their guests. Their cleaning staff tossed out to the trash bin location my dog,s leash food, blanket that was just washed!! >food bowls the headphones to my computer along with the charger adapter and when I went to see about this and have them tell me what happened i was told to wait a minute so the guy could finish a COMPUTER GAME!! DAMM NEAR HAD TO KICK HIS ASS TO GET HIM TO DO ANYTHING!!!!!

Darlings is ok, you get what you pay for. I did read a review that said the bed sheets hadn't been changed, I had the same experience as there was chewing gum stuck to the mattess cover. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it really smelt like sewage and they turned the water off half way through the day. I asked Darling about the water and ahe said she was too busy and the water was off, she is nice most of the time but can be rude and abrupt.

The woman's name is Ann, she is a fake, conniving, dirtbag. The man there is no better. The hostel does not highlight Pai's culture, or people. I recommend staying elsewhere. They ripped me off, You can hear everything through the walls, if you're wanting a party this is it. It does not represent the best essence of Pai.

• 14th Feb 2015