Darling View Point Bungalows Reviews

120 Moo T. Maehee A. Pai, Pai, Thailand

An ok place to stay at for sure, and maybe should had given this place a bit better rating. But in relation to how many awesome places there are in Pai then it gets a lower rating. I stayed here 2 nights, then changed to the circus school hostel which was among the best things that happened to me on my whole backpacking trip. But if the high rated hostels are fully booked then definitely go for this, it was an ok hostel still :)

Reception is messy and disorganised. Owner is a crazy woman who doesn't speak, she screams. High pitch - top of voice screams at every customer &at staff. Rude&unprofessional, apparently the room I booked was incorrectly advertised @ 500 baht per night but still says same now on Hostelworld! Beds are uncomfortable, no sheet provided - you have to sleep under a yuckie blanket that doesn't get washed. Bathroom door was broken so I was locked inside the bathroom. Very noisy rooms. Easy to break in.

check in at 7pm Rang the bell for a few times before someone actually came to attend to us. Was informed that we could upgrade our room to include a private bathroom at additional charge which was fine with us. However, we were shortchanged 50baht. When I enquire for the reason being, the host mentioned that it was because she have decided to give us a larger bedroom but has no courtesy to inform us. On top of that, Toilet door was broken down and unable to lock, bad value for money

great place with nice Darling women.i like it .i was the only Chinese over there.thanks.this amy

Really nice that it's a 5 minute walk from town, nice to be separate but so close to the nightlife! Good vibes

Great location! Amazing atmosphere, have a bonfire everynight and people bump music until 12 or 1. 5 minute walk to downtown. One of the better views! Darling is amazing and such a sweet woman. Peter is an a-hole, overcharges and is lazy. Very understaffed so will take a long time to get food. No food places near this hostel, but thats the same for all the hostels since pai is very small

Staff is a bit aloof when it come to their guests. Their cleaning staff tossed out to the trash bin location my dog,s leash food, blanket that was just washed!! >food bowls the headphones to my computer along with the charger adapter and when I went to see about this and have them tell me what happened i was told to wait a minute so the guy could finish a COMPUTER GAME!! DAMM NEAR HAD TO KICK HIS ASS TO GET HIM TO DO ANYTHING!!!!!

Darlings is ok, you get what you pay for. I did read a review that said the bed sheets hadn't been changed, I had the same experience as there was chewing gum stuck to the mattess cover. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it really smelt like sewage and they turned the water off half way through the day. I asked Darling about the water and ahe said she was too busy and the water was off, she is nice most of the time but can be rude and abrupt.

The woman's name is Ann, she is a fake, conniving, dirtbag. The man there is no better. The hostel does not highlight Pai's culture, or people. I recommend staying elsewhere. They ripped me off, You can hear everything through the walls, if you're wanting a party this is it. It does not represent the best essence of Pai.

• 14th Feb 2015

Darling was wonderful, so sweet and made us feel right at home. Loved the hammocks on the porches and the location!

Awesome place to stay and meet people. Darling and Peter are wonderful hosts! I had a really great time there, that's the place to be if you like party at night and chilling during the day!

• 12th Feb 2015

Absolutely amazing experience!!! Pai is a place amazing all in itself but Darling View guesthouse was operated by two of the nicest people I have ever met in my travels. Highly recommend!!!! Great time!

I stayed in a 8 persons dorm and it was awful : only one toilet/shower for 8 persons, no room for luggage, beds were only separated by 10-20cm, and it was very dirty. My sheets obviously had not been washed for days (weeks ?) : there were hairs and dust. It was the same for the other guests in my dorm. When I told the manager, he did not seem to care and did not even apologize ... Other than that the building and view are gorgeous, and there was a good atmosphere in the common garden.

A great stay in Darling View. Campfires every night with fellow travellers.

Darling is a wonderful place to travel especially if you're backpacking solo. It is a very social atmosphere with friendly staff which makes you feel like you're a part of a community. I would absolutely recommend staying here!

• 8th Feb 2015

This place is a little far from the walking street- about 10 minutes- but worth the walk. The woman who owns it is MAGICAL. She is worth the stay alone no matter what you read. The room is highly average, no lockers in the room but at the front desk, bathroom is average- just one for the room. BUT they have a bonfire every night, and the place has SUCH a positive vibe! You can rent super cheap motos here as well and they will tell you how to get off the beaten path. I wanted to stay for a week!

Wasn't close to the night market, but the views are amazing. The sunset is awesome from the bungalows on the second level. I booked the cheapest room, so that was just 14 mattresses on the floor, but you get what you pay for! But the bond fire at night is awesome!

feels more like a clubhouse with added rooms with mattresses thrown on the floor. The place is undermanned but the staff is lovely. Dirty sheets, paper thin walls but a great atmosphere.

Pros: Has real walls, so it's warmer at night than many places that have only bamboo huts. Awesome fire every night. You can rent scooters right at the hostel. Short walk into town, and next door to circus if you want to hang out there during the day or have friends there. Cons: Currently a construction zone, trying not to slip on the construction dirt mounds on the way to my room. Bathrooms and reception area could use some tidying. Walls between rooms are paper thin, & you can hear everything

Loved my stay here. Darling and her husband were incredibly helpful and welcoming. What I loved most though was the atmosphere of the place. Every night there is a bonfire and people socialising outside the dorms. Made lifelong friends here that I went onto travel to the Islands with. Wouldn't stay anywhere else when I come back to Pai.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4