David Boat Reviews

Conradstraat 417, 1018 NE, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Basic, clean facilities located in a quiet neighborhood located 20 mins on foot east of Amsterdam Centraal. David is super friendly and helpful. Getting in-out of the accommodation takes a tiny bit of effort if you're built larger than average due to the awkward stairs and hatch (at least for one of the rooms). I would recommend to anyone traveling light and/or with limited budget. The neighborhood has a breakfast place, thai take-away, bike rental and a coffee shop all within 5 mins of the boat

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Greece

The room we stayed in was very basic, there is another one which used to be the captain's cabin and it seemed to be a bit more comfy. Apart from that, our stay at David Boat was very enjoyable. The "hostel" is well located so you can reach the center of Amsterdam within a couple of minutes (tram & a bit of walking). There are also a few restaurants and shops nearby ("nearby" is of course a matter of interpretation - you could rent the bikes from David though). David was a great host - Thank you!

Our room in David's boat was very nice, in the front of the boat, super silent. David is a great guy, he provides any info you may need. In sum, we had a good stay in David's boat.

David was such a nice person to us (me and my boyfriend), very kind. The boat is ok, but old and the room is small. The location is not that fine at night, a little bit scary. It's a nice thing to do if you like camping, but for me, as a girl, I'd prefer a hotel, for sure. My biggest problem was that, in the night, I looked out of the small window and I saw LOTS of SPIDERS walking in the glass, outside and also INSIDE (we killed 2 in the first night and after that we could't sleep well).

Boat was clean, however we did not like the fact that there was no reception. YOU ARE LITERALLY ON YOUR OWN! Wifi does not work either. Tram ends at 12:45 am leaving you walking home which takes about an hr from the red light district.

Because we wanted some different, we've decided to try David's boat and we were very happy we did that. So, the location is quiet, close to center. No problems with the neighborhood. We enjoys watching the people walking with their dogs and playing with them. Also the ducks were great. We could admire them for hours, taking a lot of positive energy. David is a good host. He helped us with all necessary and also we had a great talk. We recommend this location to all who want a great experience.

The boat is in a nice neighborhood with shops, places to eat, etc. Number 10 tram runs to the museum quarter, and it's an easy walk to a very pleasant brewpub in an old windmill. It was cold when we were there, and our area was often uncomfortably cold. There are no lights over the only sink--a problem when it's dark--and there are no electrical outlets on the upper level (where the WiFi works). It's for people who are agile enough to climb up and down a steep, narrow companionway.

It's cramped, smells of mildew and feels like a deathtrap, but it's got so much character that you grow to love it instantly. An experience unlike any other!

My stay at David's Boat was an amazing experience! The owner is very nice, positive and helpful person. Boat is pretty close from central station but it's a very quiet area. The room was clean and bed was extremely comfortable. I can 100% recommend you that place. I've booked a room for myself but I've paid for 2 people and it was still less than for a single room in a hotel.

Was the best place I could find in Amsterdam, really enjoyed!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Spotlessly clean, really flexible host, very enjoyable, Thanks!

• 14th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

It is 20-25 min away from the city centre. There is no kitchen or hall, but our room was fine, with shower inside. There was no breakfast, but kattel and coffe (tea) were in the room.

My boyfriend and I loved our stay at Davids Boat! It was our first time in Amsterdam, and he started out with a lot of helpful information about the city. The Boat is really cute and in a quiet neighborhood, only a 10min tramride to the center of the city. David is really a good host, very attentive and he even found us a old tv-set with dvds just because we felt like a movie-night. For the very cosy room and great location, the price was awesome! /Linnea and Julian

• 6th May 2014
  • Denmark

Going to Holland, I thought it fun and traditional to stay on a boat for the weekend. 'David Boat' was lovely in a quiet tree (

• 12th Apr 2014