David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

Staff is very good, but the hotel environment and facilities are not for me

Should be read carefully before you book ...... So do not be disappointed ....

I had a wonderful time at this hostel. It's a smaller hostel but enough people that there was a great atmosphere. Nadia the host made is feel like a home rather than a hostel which is always nice when you are a solo traveler. She was amazing and made my 3 days there all the more enjoyable. She even joined us for dinner twice and we had the opportunity to enjoy real florentine meals. Excellent location.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Stayed in a four person dorm for one night. Rooms and bathroom facilities are very clean, wifi works well, and atmosphere is excellent. Location is great and only 2 minutes to either the Duomo or Accademia Gallery. Nadia, the owner, brought us to dinner at ZaZa which I also highly recommend. The staff provided maps and excellent advice on how to spend my single day in Florence. Overall, I recommend David Inn to anyone backpacking in Florence.

The owner will walk you through the map of the city and give you advice about what you should visit and when and even how to skip the lines. Very helpful. Also every time you walk in age would get happy and say you name out loud.

The hostel is very central. You can reach everything by foot. Nadja gives you a good overview over Florence at the beginning. There was only one shower for 8-10 people. So it can happen that you have to wait in the morning. Be aware of mosquitoes, there were plenty of them and I got bitten badly.

My stay was really Nice since Nadia the owner and the staff were really friendly. The location of the Hostel is really close from The Piazza del Duomo, whch pretty good. The price is good and the atmosphere nice since it's not a big hostel.

YOU ARE VERY NICE!!! THANKS ,THNKS , THANKS.....I WAIT YOU AGAIN HERE !!!!

Pro's- great location, Nadia the owner takes you through a great map of the area, small hostel of 14 beds, quiet. Con's - dorm doors don't lock, small poorly equipped kitchen, one shower for 8 guests to share can be difficult sometimes. Not enough people around to meet, no pressure in the shower, common areas could be cleaner. All in all a good hostel, but if you want to meet people stay in a bigger hostel. Location is probably the best factor.

No room has the keys because it is a safe place and there are lockers available without pay. The three bathrooms are enough for so few people. The kitchen has everything you need .... you're done here and the place is perfect if you want to rest easy and know other people ... If you want bigger places well enough to read the description and book according to your needs ...

Nadia totally makes this place. Definitely one of our favorite hostels so far. Very quiet, really close to everything, and not a bad price.

Staff were lovely, location was excellent.

This place was great, super clean and Nadia was fantastic. Within 30 minutes of arriving she had already helped me plan out my 3 days even upto booking me a ferrari to take for a spin in maranello!

Had such a great stay at the David Inn! Nadia was full of awesome suggestions of this to do and see. Felt as though I was coming back to a home instead of just a hostel

• 3rd May 2015

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Nadia is so fantastic at making you feel welcome and creating a great atmosphere with yummy biscotti and introductions to others😊 Small hostel so you get to know everyone. Super location near David statue and 5 mins from Duomo. Big bedrooms, extra bathrooms, reading light. Thanks so much Nadia!

• 24th Apr 2015

An excellent hostel, worthy of its reputation. The owner, Nadia, is so enthusiastic. Her and her staff are always keen to help or make suggestions. It is routine to be introduced to new guests as they check in which creates a great atmosphere. The facilities are top notch and also support this. Location could not be better (30 seconds walk to Accademia di Belle Arti di Firenze and one minute walk to Duomo). I highly recommend this hostel.

I had an amazing stay at David Inn. Nadia is a wonderful lady who takes time to greet, talk, laugh with you but most importantly even asks when you're leaving so she can say farewell when leaving. The location is not far from The Duomo and San Lorenzo, atmosphere is great and very easy to make new friends. There was always hot water in the showers and kitchen is in great use to cater for yourself. Only problem was that the oven wasn't working properly but overall it was a fantastic stay.

You are a great person! Always available to others, ready to take them with you in your experience !! Nobody can 'do not love you and love ... and remember !! You are a guest model that everyone wants !! You look even in my house ...

Davids Inn was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The hostel felt more like a shared apartment and the staff were very personable and excellent. She started by giving us a preplanned map with all of the important areas circled and told us the best route to take. Later we were taken out to watch the sunset a great pizza place afterwards. Thank you so much Nadia and Sam for the wonderful service.

• 19th Apr 2015

Beautiful hostel. Nadia is amazing and makes sure you have a fantastic time in Florence. Hostel is in a great location and you can walk to everywhere. Nadia also has great recommendations for where to eat, tours, what to see, local knowledge. Friendly atmosphere and really clean. My only complaint was that the water pressure wasn't great and you often had to wait for a shower - but all in all amazing!

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The location couldn't be any better, the area is very centrally located to the Academia Gallery and the Duomo. Nadia is a perfect host and is extremely welcoming and helpful. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• 5th Apr 2015

I stayed at the David Inn in Florence and i really can recomend it to other travellers. It is suitable for any age group and every kind of traveller. The hostel itself is an old buildung partly renovated. I personally prefer to stay in old buidlings because it has its special kind of charme. I have been to many hostels before and i must say this is a really unique one. The owner, Nadja, put really nice decoration on and it feels comfortable and homey when you stay there.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Very hospitable n homely atmosphere. Nadia n Sam are super enthusiastic hosts! Only downside is lack of breakfast in the price, but their location in Florence has cool eating options closeby. Highly recommended for a touristy stay in this beautiful city!

« first « Prev 1 2 3