David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

The David Inn was a quaint hostel with a fantastic location in Florence! It was close to everything whether it be train station, markets, sightseeing etc. The staff were lovely and went above and beyond to make sure you had a wonderful stay and utilised your time whilst staying in Florence. The hostel was kept clean but updating is needed to the bathroom and it was sometimes very difficult getting bathroom time when sharing with everyone in the hostel.

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME

Guests are exceptional people like you! I love you ..... back !!!

Beautiful place and Nadia is wonderful. Extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are so quiet at night you can sleep really well. The only downside is the atmosphere since it is kind of hard to meet people.

Thanks for the compliments .... but usually this place is very social ... everyone knows each other and come together, as it is a familiar place!

THIS PLACE IS THE BEST! Nicest staff, cute little rooms, great atmosphere. I felt very cosy, and it has a very unique set up. Just make sure to google maps the entrance because there isn't a large sign on the outside so it can be a little hard to find. Other than that, this place is great!

Nadia and her staff were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend staying at the David Inn!

• 19th Jun 2015

Steller location with a great view of the Duomo from one room. Everything in Florence is walkable from here. The staff give you a comprehensive run-down of the city when you check in and help you to maximize your time here. There's a medium sized kitchen available. The only problem I had was that there always seemed to be a line for the showers in the morning. They have the same guest to shower ratio as every other place, but for some reason everyone who stays here showers at 8 am.

Nadia is very sweet and friendly. The rooms are neat and the location is excellent. The hostel is located between the Duomo and the Academy. It's very easy to navigate with the Duomo as a reference. The staff was efficient. The hostel is clean and Nadia makes it a point to see that kitchen is also clean. The only drawback is that there is often a line for the shower in the morning. But if you wake up really early it's ok. I would recommend the hostel to everyone.

It's a little difficult to find your hostel

The hostel was amazing. I had one of the best stays here. The hostess (Nadia) waited for me out of her usual office hours because my train got in late due to a train strike. She also gave me a detailed explanation of what to do in the city and the cost of each attraction, which was great. Environment was great and the location was so close to the Duomo. The hostel was also a great way to meet new people. As for the bed bug issue, it's been resolved. Slept there with no issues. Highly recommend!

Water pressure of shower can be a little low. I guess it might be because others are showering as well.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

The location can't be beat, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. There are two negatives, however. They don't tell you about the city tax until you arrive, so the 'total due at arrival' just isn't true - which is inconvenient since they require cash at check-in. And secondly, my daughter wound up with at least 100 bites from bed bugs and was miserable for an entire week after our stay.

The hostel lady Nadia is an amazingly caring and thoughtful person, we felt the warmth as soon as we met her. The hostel is a charming place, very secure so you can relax.

Thanks !! I wait you again here for more days !!

Thank you for your hospitality Nadia! I wish you the best and I will surely recommend your place to everyone!

• 28th May 2015
  • rajkalsi11

The pleasure was mine! Having an excellent host as you ..... back ... I'll wait!

Absolutely perfect location (then again, Florence is tiny and everything is in walking distance), quieter area, & extremely friendly owners. My travel buddy & I stayed in the 6-bed dorm-room, there were 2 other 4-bed dorm-rooms as well. Our "roommates" were all between 20-30 years old and very sociable (yay!). My buddy and I wish we stayed at more hotels or stayed here for another night or two! Truly awesome experience I hope to repeat again (especially in such an awesome building & location)!

Thanks ! Thanks !! Thanks !!!

Staff is very good, but the hotel environment and facilities are not for me

Should be read carefully before you book ...... So do not be disappointed ....

I booked two night for the hostel but due to my flight delay I could only stay there for one night.As for the regulation of the hostel i paid 2 night for them.I asked the staff to give me receipt during check in but he said will give me in checkout.during checkout I asked That but another staff was reluctant to give me and said can only give me the receipt for one night. It's totally not reasonable.He said he will send me e-receipt after clarification but I still can't hear from them after 2 wk

• 24th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

The regulation provides that the first night you pay if you do not always warn 2 days in advance. Moreover, the delay of your fly is not our responsibility. It 'so in all places. The receipt was sent by email.

We got bedbugs from this hostel! The beds were made and rooms picked up every day but a deep clean wasn't done. The shower wasn't that clean either. The living room was a nice place to hang out but it was the only room that had wifi. The owner was really nice and did an excellent job of going over the city map...giving ideas of what to do/see (and what to not waste your time on). We shared one shower with two dorm rooms...so there was sometimes a wait. The rooms don't lock...always open.

This is a safe place there is no need to close the guests in a room. No nothing has happened to either of you ... Cleanliness is deep every day but the work is not only ours is anch guests who wash after cleaning .... leaving as found (clean) and this does not happen often , but it does not depend on us !! WIFI works well in all rooms and in all PCs in all rooms! The showers are more than enough for so few people ..

I loved this hostel! It was perfectly in the center of everything. We were welcomed with snacks and a big smile. The security is great, the hostel is clean and quiet, and the beds were comfortable. It is very close to the David statue, the Duomo and other sights in Florence. We even got a personalized map from the staff as to what we should see. I highly recommend for any young travelers going to see Florence!

I had a wonderful time at this hostel. It's a smaller hostel but enough people that there was a great atmosphere. Nadia the host made is feel like a home rather than a hostel which is always nice when you are a solo traveler. She was amazing and made my 3 days there all the more enjoyable. She even joined us for dinner twice and we had the opportunity to enjoy real florentine meals. Excellent location.

dear ...... thank you for the fantastic company!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Stayed in a four person dorm for one night. Rooms and bathroom facilities are very clean, wifi works well, and atmosphere is excellent. Location is great and only 2 minutes to either the Duomo or Accademia Gallery. Nadia, the owner, brought us to dinner at ZaZa which I also highly recommend. The staff provided maps and excellent advice on how to spend my single day in Florence. Overall, I recommend David Inn to anyone backpacking in Florence.

.... And you one of the guests of honor! Return!

« first « Prev 1 2 3