David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

We chose this place because the reviews said that Nadia was fantastic. It was true!!! She was great. Her English is great et elle parle le français très bien aussi. The place was very clean, very comfortable, and located literally just between the duomo and the real Statue of David. We even had a view of the duomo from our room. Thanks, Nadia! -Sarah and Jeremy

• 27th Oct 2014

Extremely helpful and a lovely environment to stay in! They helped us make the most of the one day we had in Florence and we all really appreciated how friendly and lovely the staff and David Inn was!

My stay at the David Inn was excellent. The staff was more than helpful and made my visit perfect. The rooms were clean and our beds were made daily by the staff. I felt at home while staying there. I would highly recommend this hostel l.

In a good place.

The room near to receiption was quiet noisy when someone talk at receiption. Location was good. The ladder for the bed of the top was very uncomfortable for climb. The person who clean the room moves the things which need you find your things for a while after cleaning.

Everyone has their own opinions and you have to respect them ...... but if guests speak in the common rooms or in rooms is not a big problem ..... it happens sometimes, for conversation and friendship can we say that ... ladders are uncomfortable .... oh, well ... I do not seem major disadvantages !!

This was the best hostel stay I ever did. Nadia was extremely welcoming and helpful. She guided me very well throughout my stay there. I met some fantastic hostel mates. It's clean, comfortable, calm and my room had a fantastic look over an inner garden and dome of florence cathedral. I will Definately choose this hostel again if I come back.

Guests respectful of the place and other people like you are always welcome: we are happy to have had you and please come again !!

My stay at David Inn was fantastic - I even ended up staying longer than I originally planned. The location is as good as it gets - steps away from the Duomo and the accademia galleria which houses the original statue of David. On top of that, Nadia, the owner, is the biggest sweetheart. She is so nice and accommodating and gives you excellent advice on what to do around Florence, and is always willing to help you out. Would definitely recommend and will be coming back some day!

A hug from me and my staff with all my heart ... we wait you again !! Bisous

Nadia is lovely, she is very helpful and very outgoing. The rooms are quite spacious and the location couldn't be better. If going in summer, mosquito repellent is a MUST! mosquitos are VICIOUS in Florence and since it gets too hot at night you are bound to open windows for fresh air and breeze and that's when the mosquitos come for you. There is no common room but pretty good place to meet and talk to people. There is a restaurant called Casa dil Vino around the area, YOU MUST GO THERE!

It's been about 6years since I last stayed in a Hostel.I planned to stay only 3 days and ended up staying 5, apart from the fact that Florence is stunning, Nadia the owner made me feel very welcome. All the morning staff were very helpful and we even practiced my poor Italian, some French, Spanish and English. Nadia's suggestions were spot on and tried to make sure everyone was involved in some kind of activity. The hostel has an atmosphere that makes you feel at home. I will return for sure.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Your company, your positivity and desire to be with others was beautiful ... you did have fun and you enjoyed along with all the other ....... you expect Julio !!

I had a very good time there, it was in a very convenient location. Nadia was very helpful and if I go to Florence again I'd definitely use David Inn.

I had a wonderful time i David inn. It's very clean and the staff is also very friendly. Eveyday they clean the beds. Overall it's great place to stay

Thank you for noting our efforts to give better service to the welfare of our Guests. Come back to us !!

This hostel has a very good location. Staff is very helpful. Relatively clean hostel and bathroom. Good atmosphere. But the bed is not so comfortable for sleeping. Good atmosphere for making friends.

You are the first to say that the beds are not comfortable! Maybe you were tired of the trip and the only night that you were not you able to sleep well !! I wait for a longer stay and comfortable !!

Great location and super staff. Enjoyed staying there. Noted the aggressive keep it clean policy and help with places to go in Florence advice.

Lovely rooms- can't wait to go back!

It was good for a night. Very clean and in a great location. It was a bit difficult to find from the station.

Nice zone, nice staff, nice atmosphere. Nadia was very helpful and so everyone else working there

• 26th Sep 2014

I loved this hostel, such a beautiful homely feel, was very welcoming and i was sad to leave. Nadia is great she is very welcoming and she sits down and goes through the map of florence which is a great help. :) I spent an evening with her having food and really enjoyed it, she is very nice. I would defo return, not crazy party hostel but thats what i wanted, I was travelling alone and met a lot of people at the hostel that i spent my time with in florence!! I will defo Return for sure

• 24th Sep 2014

This hostel was a serious disappointment given its prior ratings. After being in several hostels, we believe those ratings were misleading or strongly encouraged. Staff attempted to be kind, but the only positive for us was the location. It was very, very basic, had only one tiny 2x2 shower for all the people, and it barely worked.......a tiny kitchen but no common space....the only room like that was through a bedroom. It was clean at a basic level. Every roommate we had over 5 days agreed.

You go to the hostel to get familiar with the staff, with the other guests, to know and experience the place. If you use just for sleeping, not talking to anyone then you end up saying things that are not true! Better a single room in Hotel !!

David's inn was the second hostel I had ever stayed at and was absolutely amazing. Nadia was so friendly and welcoming from the very beginning. She showed us all the great places to visit with a map and walked us through how to get there and what were the great times to go. She gave us tips of how to get tickets without having to wait in a long line at the museums. We felt like we were coming home every time returning to David's inn. I would highly recommend staying here! Great location!

• 13th Sep 2014

The very tiny, miniscule kitchen appallingly equipped. Only 2 very small, not good pans to cook with + only 4 hobs. Oven off bounds. Not even a sharp knife to cut things with! A totally inadequate kitchen for so many guests to share. I don't consider it to be an adequate, functional kitchen shared between so many guests.

The kitchen is a private space that "grant in use to the guests" (there is also the sign written in the kitchen) so should be thanking rather than criticizing! Before booking, carefully read the descriptions of the dimensions of the kitchen and the rest not so then you remain dissatisfied .... !! Then this is a hostel, not a RESTAURANT !!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6