David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

Love this hostel and love Nadia! She is the sweetest woman and helped us navigate around (even giving suggestions of when to go where). Great location right by Duomo. Wish it had been a little more social - everyone really kept to themselves. Kind of annoying to be kicked out of your room to clean - we weren't prepared for it the first day. But I had a great time and would definitely stay here again!

LOVELY FRIENDLY PLACE TOSTAY

Nadia and her staff are really beautiful people, very helpful and guides you everytime to good local places. The hostel is a very cozy place and is well located. I really got a nice time with them and definetly if I come back to Florence would stay with them. The hostel atmosphere and cleanliness are excellent, Nadias nice and funny humor makes your day. Thank you very much for all!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Peru

I had an amazing time here. Small and intimate. Nadia and the guy who checked me in were really nice and sit with you to explain things around the city. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were big! Great location to everything. If you have great people in your room your stay here is going to be great. I think what needs to happen are some activities to get each of the rooms talking, like dinners out, aperitivo at a local place etc organised by the hostel. Totally recommend staying here!

The David Inn was wonderful! We accidentally didn't realize there wasn't 24hr check in and the owner came and let us in at 10pm. She was so friendly and helpful and showed us a map full of things to do in the area. The hostel was clean, well kept and very safe. It was in a great location, easy to walk anywhere around Florence.

• 6th Sep 2014

Excellent location,friendly and helpful staff. Good atmosphere. Felt safe and secure. Only one shower and another toilet for 2 big dorms was a negative. Otherwise, great.

This is one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in, just be warned that any chargers or clothes left on your bed will be hidden by housekeeping or put with someone else's stuff. Beds are comfy and rooms spacious. Kitchen facilities are quite limited so for dinner it's easier to eat out. Nadia is such a lovely host and very informative about what to do in florence. You must visit the Gucci museum!!

Nadia the host was really friendly and welcoming she gives you information about Florence and there is a real personal touch to the hostel which is really nice. The lockers are outside the rooms which was a little annoying but access to the hostel is very strict which makes it very safe. Found that our sheets were dirty but we could have been unlucky with this as everything else was very clean. Small hostel so good to meet people yet you get a good nights sleep.

Thanks for the compliments .... I'm sorry for the incident sheets, because I am personally of the laundry! Surely it was an accident caused not by us who care a lot for cleaning.

This hotel is well located, clean and the decoration is beautiful and welcoming. Nadia, the manager, is very friendly and you feel good instantaneously. I definitely recommend this place to everyone!!

Nadia the owner was so nice and you could tell she loved having us there. It was a great location right down the street from the Duomo and not to far from Pointe Vecchio and other main attractions!!! About a 15 min walk from the Train/Bus station. The room was very large with a living room attached. The two bathrooms were very small and I believe there was only one shower which was also VERY small.

Best hostel ever. The lady is so nice and helps you with everything. I recommend it to everybody.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Belgium

I had a great time here. Nadia made me feel very welcome and was helpful with infomation about local resturants, tours and sights. Would stay here again. I was provided with a map with the mainsights and attractions highlighted for easier use. The place is located close to public transport and is easily accesable.

Owner and staff are friendly and helpful. The facility of this hostel is sufficient for our needs.

I think it's important to separate the owner from the hostel. Nadia is wonderful - no doubt. Friendly, kind, outgoing, takes an interest in your stay. The hostel has pros and cons. Pros - great location. Cons - dorms have no locks, lockers arent big enough for backpacks, only one shower, poor WiFi in room, directions to hostel from train station were terrible (Pro tip - ignore them - trust me. Ask someone how to get to the "Duomo" at the station. Once there, ask someone where "via Ricasoli" is.)

This is not a hostel, this is a house - with a staff (especially Nadia) that takes a personal interest in your life and your stay in Florence. The Inn enjoys a perfect and safe location very close to the Duomo, the interior of the beautiful 1400 house is tastefully decorated and there are even rooms with TVs and computers - again, you get that home feeling and it really supplemented the general atmosphere of the city. Nadia goes above and beyond to make your stay perfect. Grazie! :)

The pleasure is all mine have nice people like you in my house !! You will always be welcome ...... Le plaisir est pour moi ont de belles personnes comme vous dans ma maison !! Vous serez toujours les bienvenus ......

A tour was too strongly pushed considering it was well outside a travellers budget. We were told everything would be shut on the tour day. A lot of museums were closed however there was still things to do. Felt this was bad and biased advice. You are required to keep all you stuff in your rucksack and really tidy - this may not be suitable for everyone. Your stuff gets moved if not tidy enough, a bit annoying. Owner clearly thought about the hostel decor.

It tries to give the best advice for use in the best way in a short time often artistically rich city in the center and around. If everyone is free to do as he wants, we give our best and many appreciate it in a positive way. The order in the rooms is a must: for hygiene, safety and because space is common. If all are messy and leave the stuff around it would be impossible to share with others the same room! You are not at your house ..... it is a form of respect for oneself and others!

This was an amazing hostel that was in a great location! Central to almost everything. Nadia was also a huge help in suggesting things to do. I would highly recommend staying in this hostel. Only complaint is that there was only one shower which made it difficult in the mornings when everyone was trying to shower. Aside from that, a great experience!

• 22nd Aug 2014

I thank you for the compliments ..... but it is due, a clarification: there is a shower alone! See you soon .....

This is the best hostel in Florence and in Europe. The interior was designed professionally and portrays a simple elegance. The staff assistance was over and above, they would not be satisfied until you were familiar with every attraction and new how to get there. Location and access is terrific. Highly recommended and can't wait to return. Thanks Nadia

My house is proud to have had a guest like you ....... I hope you will return soon!

Lovely hostel with great atmosphere. Felt like I was staying at a friends house. The owner, Nadia, was of great help and very friendly. She was always willing to give you advice on what to do and looked out for all the guests. I had the key to the building so I could come in and out whenever I felt like it. Even though the was no breakfast, there was a kitchen you could use. Only problem I had were mosquitoes, but I had that problem all over Italy. Would definitely go back again.

Nadia, the owner, was amazingly friendly and helpful. You couldn't ask for a better location and I was so impressed by how clean the facilities are! They make your bed every morning. Such a lovely place :)

• 12th Aug 2014