8.8
Fabulous 93 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 93 Total Reviews
David Inn Located at Via Ricasoli 31, , Florence.
Italy
Florence italy 50122 Via Ricasoli 31
88% 93
43.7760209 11.2578105
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Jul 2016

Had a great time here. Massimo and the rest of the staff are super friendly and helpful, was great to meet them. Great location near to the duomo, good facilities, really clean. Would definitely come here again!

17th Jul 2016

Enjoyed my time here! The staff was fantastic! The common areas were great for getting to know other guests!

• Smallproblem
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

Really amazing woman on staff will give you a rundown of the city and a free map. Hostel location is frankly ideal, about a block from the Galleria dell'Academia (where the David is) and max 15-20 minutes walk to other attractions. Kitchen is smallish but has all the fixings. Common areas exist, but while I was there the hangout spot was the larger shared room. Depending on your room assignment though, you may have to wait for a bathroom awhile in the mornings and evenings.

11th Jul 2016

David Inn is in a great location in Florence near all of the sites. The staff is lovely, and I met a great group of travelers while hanging out in the common area. It does get hot as there's no A/C, but fans help a bit. Small kitchen for use, but it does the trick.

11th Jul 2016

Great hostel in a great location. Place is very simple but the staff was incredibly helpful. Located right next to the duomo! Would definitely recommend

• Scotland, Couple, 18-24
5th Jul 2016

No mention of a lockout for cleaning on email we received or on check in, however we were ushered out of not only our room but the actual hostel at 11:30 and told not to come back til 3. Rooms were roasting hot as ceiling fan was ineffective, the 2nd night we took the desk fan from reception and this helped a lot. Owner was really good when we arrived, opened up a map and circled all the things we should go and see on it. His English was great and he was really chatty. 1 shower for 14-16 people.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016
6.6

The best part about it is the location. The beds were average, as most hostel beds are. However, the room was hot and muggy, there was one ceiling fan but it didn't contribute much. There was also this beeping noise that went on through out the night. I was not told about the wifi, or the security lockers so I only found out about them as I was leaving. I left my bag at reception because my room wasn't ready and when I came back my bag was on my now ready bed, unattended. Not a social hostel.

30th Jun 2016
6.3

Best location of Florence. In summer you'll have a rough time, because there's no climatization (just a small fan at the common room, and a broken ceiling fan at our room). Staff seemed nice at first, but I booked a tour with them, they charged a fraction in advance but no one picked me up! They didn't even refunded my money. If you have better options to stay in Florence, do that. I'd pass on this one, seriously.

28th Jun 2016
4.0

I was on a Europe trip and this was the worst hostel that I stayed in. Despite of being clean (which I apreciate), I would not recommend it at all. The manager in specs (I dont remember the name) was so rude and blunt that the hostel property being at such a nice location makes it worst hostel. Unlike other hostels, they dont even open their gates and throw you out of their property at the time of cleaning. "Throw you out" is what I wrote.

27th Jun 2016

We had a pretty good stay at David Inn. First of all, the location is incredible, you're staying about a block away from the museum with the David, and you can see the Cathedral from the window. Staff was really nice, everything was pretty clean but our issue was that it was pretty hot in the rooms for sleeping. Not totally their fault- Italy is hot- but we wished that there was more than just a ceiling fan (which made horrible noises) and an open window to cool down the room.