David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

This is a great find, you can see the duomo from the window! Nadia is very helpful and has wonderful knowledge of the local area and made my stay very comfortable! I will definitely be staying at this place again!

Nadia was very friendly and helpful in telling us the best things to do in Florence. She introduced us to the other guests staying in the other room which enhanced the social aspect. The accommodation itself was basic but enough to suit our needs and was appropriate value for money. The security was very good to get onto the floor, but there were no locks on the rooms. This was definitely one of the better places that we stayed in.

Nice hostel in an amazing location, can't beat it! Thanks Nadia!

Nadia is the best! Thanks for making my stay so much fun and comfortable. We'll keep in touch!

We really enjoyed ourselves together !! It was a great time ... To be repeated !! Come back !!

Functional dorm style hostel in an excellent location in the middle of Florence. Nadia is a very warm, helpful host with lots of suggestions and recommendations. The hostel is in a locked building and feels very safe. Lockers are available in the hallway. The bedrooms, kitchenette, and bathrooms are nothing fancy, but were perfect as I wasn't spending much time there. For the price and the location it was great!

• 5th Nov 2014

Great location, free locker (deposit for lock/key), great staff, cleans everyday. Nadia is fantastic in being personal and recommending where to go. She takes deep joy in people who come to Florence and enjoying its beauty, and not JUST going out for clubbing or shopping. I had a problem and emailed her late at night, and she responded right away and came at midnight. I was touched!

Nadia is the perfect host. she gave me all sorts of advice about the city, and went way beyond expected to help me. the atmosphere was lovely with her and the other guests

Wow, if you have not yet met Nadia or stayed in the David Inn, you are missing what an amazing experience traveling can be. Not only was the atmosphere warm and beautifully decorated, but Nadia herself is one of the kindest, most helpful, wonderful people I've met. She made the experience so special, she takes the time to help you understand the city and greatest aspects of Florence. She even took me to some great shopping spots and out of her way to join my in a tango dance party!

Nadia made sure that we had an incredible experience in Florence -- not only did she recommend activities, points of interest, and restaurants, but she even offered to take us for gelato (her treat!). She is a super nice lady who takes a tremendous amount of pride in getting to know all of her guests and keeping the hostel as small and intimate as possible. Thanks a lot, Nadia! Alex and Mike

I really enjoyed my stay and Nadia is the best host that you can ask for. She made my stay very special when she took us on a tour of Florence by night, a memory I will cherish forever. She is such a kind person and I can only wish good things upon David Inn. #homeawayfromhome

I give you thanks a lot... the pleasure was all mine !! There is nothing more beautiful on a journey around the world to remember the art and the people !! That's what a traveling far ... you still look at the Inn David. Inn !!!!

Nadia was very friendly and helpful upon our arrival. There are a ton of locks on the small entrance, which promotes security for when the staff departs at night. It was very difficult to find, and I expected more from the cleanliness of a boutique style inn. The handwritten notes all along the wall show that plenty of guests have loved their stay, but I would suggest choose a larger type hostel for younger/solo backpackers.

Thanks for the compliments .... for those who want a bigger place well enough to read the description and see photos before you book ... I do not promise anything that I do not have !! Just go where everyone is feeling best for himself ...

We chose this place because the reviews said that Nadia was fantastic. It was true!!! She was great. Her English is great et elle parle le français très bien aussi. The place was very clean, very comfortable, and located literally just between the duomo and the real Statue of David. We even had a view of the duomo from our room. Thanks, Nadia! -Sarah and Jeremy

• 27th Oct 2014

Positive: good location, very secure and clean. Negatives: expensive! Also, only 1 sharing bathroom/shower apart from 1 dorm with en-suite bathroom. We were told not to go to san marino and stay 1 more night there, and after cancelling the hostel at san marino they told us they are full and we had to move out. Eventually we visited san marino and it was worth going :)

And 'rule to read anything twice before you book (Hostel, Hotel, Train ...) so basically you should choose what corresponds to what we want .... If it's too expensive or do not like you go to another place .... Anyway thanks for the compliments, the bathrooms are 3 but I understand that if you arrive late you can not see everything well. For reservations, I was told to say now .... the day after it is too late ... reservations arrive during the night. It's not up to me!

Extremely helpful and a lovely environment to stay in! They helped us make the most of the one day we had in Florence and we all really appreciated how friendly and lovely the staff and David Inn was!

My stay at the David Inn was excellent. The staff was more than helpful and made my visit perfect. The rooms were clean and our beds were made daily by the staff. I felt at home while staying there. I would highly recommend this hostel l.

In a good place.

The room near to receiption was quiet noisy when someone talk at receiption. Location was good. The ladder for the bed of the top was very uncomfortable for climb. The person who clean the room moves the things which need you find your things for a while after cleaning.

Everyone has their own opinions and you have to respect them ...... but if guests speak in the common rooms or in rooms is not a big problem ..... it happens sometimes, for conversation and friendship can we say that ... ladders are uncomfortable .... oh, well ... I do not seem major disadvantages !!

This was the best hostel stay I ever did. Nadia was extremely welcoming and helpful. She guided me very well throughout my stay there. I met some fantastic hostel mates. It's clean, comfortable, calm and my room had a fantastic look over an inner garden and dome of florence cathedral. I will Definately choose this hostel again if I come back.

Guests respectful of the place and other people like you are always welcome: we are happy to have had you and please come again !!

My stay at David Inn was fantastic - I even ended up staying longer than I originally planned. The location is as good as it gets - steps away from the Duomo and the accademia galleria which houses the original statue of David. On top of that, Nadia, the owner, is the biggest sweetheart. She is so nice and accommodating and gives you excellent advice on what to do around Florence, and is always willing to help you out. Would definitely recommend and will be coming back some day!

A hug from me and my staff with all my heart ... we wait you again !! Bisous

Nadia is lovely, she is very helpful and very outgoing. The rooms are quite spacious and the location couldn't be better. If going in summer, mosquito repellent is a MUST! mosquitos are VICIOUS in Florence and since it gets too hot at night you are bound to open windows for fresh air and breeze and that's when the mosquitos come for you. There is no common room but pretty good place to meet and talk to people. There is a restaurant called Casa dil Vino around the area, YOU MUST GO THERE!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5