David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

Nadia made my day. I am looking forward to visiting the David Inn again!

Great place. I'd stay again. Their reception does close at night and it's not so much a hostel as someone's apartment turned hostel. You trade the convenience of a business with the friendliness and family feel. Rooms were great. Bathrooms were fine besides showers could be updated. Spout was somewhat broken. There's also really only 1 working shower for up to 10-15 people.

Historical Palace in 1400 ..... with fresco authentic on the wall in hall and of the Property and in a room ... pity to note that ch is irrelevant and not what really counts! See especially the bathrooms were 3!

Awesome location and basic facilities. Slightly run down and dated. Poor wifi in my room but alright communally. Beautiful view from rooms window which almost made up for it. Poorly equipped kitchen. No knife or chopping board? But extremely helpful and friendly staff.

Best hostel of our entire trip throughout Europe! Nadia was extremely helpful in making our stay in Florence as enjoyable and unforgettable as possible!! Listen to everything she tells you to do. We loved the location, so close to everything you could need and want to see. Definitely would stay at David Inn again and definitely would recommend to anyone looking to stay in Florence.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great hostel. Just be accurate when informing your arrival time, the staff has a limited working period.

The hostel is really close from the most important places to visit in Florence. Staff is very helpful and give lots of advice about the city.

2 minutes walk from the Duomo. Very clean and cosy.

One of the best hostels I have ever been to! Nadia was such a gracious host, and made everyone feel at home.

The owner Nadia was amazing! She spent half an hour walking me through the places to go in Florence on a map and explaining pesto sauce to me when she found out I was going to Liguria next! You don’t typically get this personal touch if you are staying in a big hostel and the owner there just want to make money. The hostel was very clean and well maintained with lovely decorations. Thank you Nadia and keep on the good work!

It's not a gigantic hostel. There's no bar on the bottom floor. But from the time you enter the David Inn, you feel part of a family. The staff is super helpful, and the owner goes out of her way to meet and get to know everyone that stays there. I'll be back.

everything is clean and neat and so pretty!! and the owner Nadia she is really enthusiastic and so kind. 특히 여자분들이 더 좋아하실거에요ㅎㅎ

• 5th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Only real complaint was the lack of secure lockers to put things. The rooms were clean enough, but with a very limited number of plugs. The lady in charge is a very enthusiastic Florentian and will let you know. Didn't really stay long enough to utilize laundry or anything, but was a great place to be in Florence.

Thanks for your comment, but it had to make some clarifications: there are 12 lockers available at no cost for guests and an electrical outlet available to everyone. In just one day of stay is difficult to know all the details of the structure so it is always better, before you write, you have to be sure that you have really seen it all!

I was only here for one night but I enjoyed my stay. One of the cutest things about this hostel is the decor. So so pretty. The staff are lovely. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere. Location is very central- Across the road from the David. The only things missing are air con, there are fans though, and a communal area. Well I didn't see one. Maybe I missed it. :)

Very lovely hostel. Nadia is really great. She tells you everything you need to know about florence and gives tips about where to eat. She is really passionte about her job. There is an elevator and wifi was always working. Next to the ensuite bathroom there were also two others we could use. The cleaners also seem to take their job very seriously, i have never seen a hostel where the cleaners take the effort to make your bed and organize your shoe collection.

The location is unbeatable and the rooms spacious but it is the attention to the guest that separates this hostel from others. Nadia is a a great. Highly recommend.

Nadia is literally the best. After having issues with leonardo hostel and canceling our reservation prior to coming to florence,we booked davids inn and are so glad we did. It is a bit more homey feeling hostel, but the location is right off the duomo, so we could always find our way home. The hostel is cleaned extremely thoroughly, with every bed being remade every single day! Nadia is the italian mama you never had and we enjoyed talking with her! Stay here, fabulous!

This is a really good hostel in a fantastic spot. It's has a nice homely feel and Nadia is amazing, she takes time out to help you if you need it and knows so much about the city! Would definitely recommend staying here. Only criticism I would have is there is only one shower.

Owner very nice. Will recommend you places to visit in Florence. But the hostel is hard to search.

I had a nice stay at David's inn. The location is great, a quick walk to the duomo and you are always able to find your way back. The rooms are clean and bright and the kitchen facility, although small, is nice to have (supermarket nearby). The water pressure can be very low at times, but other than that the bathrooms were adequate. I met many other travelers here and would stay again!

There are no lockers that fit backpacks. They do have small lockers but you need to pay for them. There are no locks on the bedroom doors either. So I guess just make sure you meet the others and trust them. The owner Nadia is VERY loud, and you can here her even from the back room. The laundry cost money to use, the towels cost money, nothing was free or accessible for the amount we paid. I feel there are better hostels in Florence.

I'm sorry to have disappointed your expectations ..... but just read well before the description of the features on the web before you book! It write that there are lockers free, towels for rent and their price, the laundry is always to payment but is not binding! Maybe you have to be more careful and precise in making observations ..... from all points of view!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5