David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

Excellent place to stay. Nice location and even the people are very nice...

Thanks for being there ... they do so much pleasure guests courteous and friendly ... like you back .... we will be happy!

Nadia is a sweet and warm lady! Very accommodating and wants everyone to enjoy the most out of their journey. Facilities are a little bit lacking, without air con and water pressure in the showers aren't that good. However, compared to other expensive hostels in Florence, David Inn is amazing value for money and it's VERY convenient to sights, plus the hostel provides maximum security with 3 keys to get inside, so it makes me feel very secure.

Thanks very moved by your compliments .... I try to do my best every day pr each of you !! Thank you for aer had the sensitivity to recognize it !! Back !!

The lady there that runs the place is like having a mother away from home it was awesome. She would sit you done and make sure you knew all the little secrets so you could get the full Florence experience even if you were there just for one day. Have her do our laundry was super awesome aa it save us time and allow us to explore totally worth it.

There is no air and you cannot sit up on the bottom bunk. Mosquitos were really bad at night. I got at least 10 bites. The location is great though. The owner is super friendly!

This year is a hot out of the ordinary .... there are fans .... but if you want the air conditioning just book where there .... then you can not blame the super hot instead chose wrong !! As for mosquitoes .....!!!

It is the year of our Lord Jesus Christo 2015, yet this hostel is still stuck in the middle of the renaissance since it lacks air conditioning.

If you want air conditioning with essential bast book in a place where there instead of penalizing the property !! If there is there is a reason .... I'm you just read that !!!

This hostel was a wonderful place to stay with cute and clean rooms, a beautiful view of the Duomo (also shows that it was super close) and the nicest staff who gave me incredible dinner recommendations both nights I was in Florence. The entrance felt like an authentic Italian apartment and the wifi was good even in the rooms. I loved staying here and even considered changing my plans just so I could stay longer and would definitely stay here again! A must for location, atmosphere and comfort.

• 10th Jul 2015

I didn't like this hostel, only two showers for more than 4 rooms of people in which each room were around 4 or 6, so you think about that and it is like 2 showers for 15 persons or more. There is no place to leave the luggage, if you leave late you have to do it before 5 pm and you have to leave things in the KITCHEN, and the kitchen is really small. Check in and check out hours are really reduced, my bed crouched to much. Please consider other options I guess.

The showers are enough for people, the obligation to leave the baggage at check out there .... the rooms are not four and you have to give precise information !! In any case, thanks for stay here.

Great experiencexperience. Good staff.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Guatemala

Florence is so hot and they have no ac and the fan was loud as shit. Fine beds, good location, nice staff

True ... too hot ... in a normal situation the air conditioning is not needed here ... I personally hurts ....

It was great, couldnt have asked for a better stay. Nadia was lovely, she was very welcoming and told us all the best sights and also told us where to get the best ice cream. The place was clean and everyone was very friendly. It is in a good location and the stay was amazing!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you so much for being with me !! I hope you return soon! A big hug.

The wifi didn't work in the dorm room, only the common area. Stifling hot as there is no air con and the ceiling fan in the dorm makes too much noise and is unstable to keep on high. The staff inundated me with emails asking to confirm that I was coming even though I replied to them immediately saying yes. All told there were seven emails asking the same thing. On arrival I asked for a receipt since they take only cash and required €15 deposit for keys and a towel and they refused.

Before booking anywhere read carefully the description ...

Worst hostel I stayed in while I was in Europe, no AC, small beds with no stability, small kitchen and the worst schedule for reception and check in. Never again.

Host was extremely nice and friendly and set us up on incredible trips to wine country and Cinque Terre. Location is perfect, everything is easily accessible. There is no one there overnight, so 24 hour security isn't exactly accurate. I felt very safe there, but there was no one available if you needed anything past the evening. As there was no AC and the weather was extremely hot, there was one extremely noisy overhead fan that could only go on low.

• 28th Jun 2015

We had fantastic time here in a very friendly atmosphere. Thank you so much for the service.

The David Inn was a quaint hostel with a fantastic location in Florence! It was close to everything whether it be train station, markets, sightseeing etc. The staff were lovely and went above and beyond to make sure you had a wonderful stay and utilised your time whilst staying in Florence. The hostel was kept clean but updating is needed to the bathroom and it was sometimes very difficult getting bathroom time when sharing with everyone in the hostel.

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME

Guests are exceptional people like you! I love you ..... back !!!

Beautiful place and Nadia is wonderful. Extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are so quiet at night you can sleep really well. The only downside is the atmosphere since it is kind of hard to meet people.

Thanks for the compliments .... but usually this place is very social ... everyone knows each other and come together, as it is a familiar place!

THIS PLACE IS THE BEST! Nicest staff, cute little rooms, great atmosphere. I felt very cosy, and it has a very unique set up. Just make sure to google maps the entrance because there isn't a large sign on the outside so it can be a little hard to find. Other than that, this place is great!

Nadia and her staff were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend staying at the David Inn!

• 19th Jun 2015

Excellent location with a 20 second walk to the David and a 2 minute walk to the Duomo. It's a small hostel so it made me feel like I knew everyone. One night 9 of the 18 of us staying at the hostel went out to dinner together! No other hostel I stayed at can say that. The owner, Nadia, runs a pretty tight ship so I always felt clean and safe. Very friendly and intimate atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4