David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

This hostel has a very good location. Staff is very helpful. Relatively clean hostel and bathroom. Good atmosphere. But the bed is not so comfortable for sleeping. Good atmosphere for making friends.

You are the first to say that the beds are not comfortable! Maybe you were tired of the trip and the only night that you were not you able to sleep well !! I wait for a longer stay and comfortable !!

Great location and super staff. Enjoyed staying there. Noted the aggressive keep it clean policy and help with places to go in Florence advice.

Lovely rooms- can't wait to go back!

It was good for a night. Very clean and in a great location. It was a bit difficult to find from the station.

Nice zone, nice staff, nice atmosphere. Nadia was very helpful and so everyone else working there

• 26th Sep 2014

I loved this hostel, such a beautiful homely feel, was very welcoming and i was sad to leave. Nadia is great she is very welcoming and she sits down and goes through the map of florence which is a great help. :) I spent an evening with her having food and really enjoyed it, she is very nice. I would defo return, not crazy party hostel but thats what i wanted, I was travelling alone and met a lot of people at the hostel that i spent my time with in florence!! I will defo Return for sure

• 24th Sep 2014

This hostel was a serious disappointment given its prior ratings. After being in several hostels, we believe those ratings were misleading or strongly encouraged. Staff attempted to be kind, but the only positive for us was the location. It was very, very basic, had only one tiny 2x2 shower for all the people, and it barely worked.......a tiny kitchen but no common space....the only room like that was through a bedroom. It was clean at a basic level. Every roommate we had over 5 days agreed.

You go to the hostel to get familiar with the staff, with the other guests, to know and experience the place. If you use just for sleeping, not talking to anyone then you end up saying things that are not true! Better a single room in Hotel !!

David's inn was the second hostel I had ever stayed at and was absolutely amazing. Nadia was so friendly and welcoming from the very beginning. She showed us all the great places to visit with a map and walked us through how to get there and what were the great times to go. She gave us tips of how to get tickets without having to wait in a long line at the museums. We felt like we were coming home every time returning to David's inn. I would highly recommend staying here! Great location!

• 13th Sep 2014

The very tiny, miniscule kitchen appallingly equipped. Only 2 very small, not good pans to cook with + only 4 hobs. Oven off bounds. Not even a sharp knife to cut things with! A totally inadequate kitchen for so many guests to share. I don't consider it to be an adequate, functional kitchen shared between so many guests.

The kitchen is a private space that "grant in use to the guests" (there is also the sign written in the kitchen) so should be thanking rather than criticizing! Before booking, carefully read the descriptions of the dimensions of the kitchen and the rest not so then you remain dissatisfied .... !! Then this is a hostel, not a RESTAURANT !!!

Love this hostel and love Nadia! She is the sweetest woman and helped us navigate around (even giving suggestions of when to go where). Great location right by Duomo. Wish it had been a little more social - everyone really kept to themselves. Kind of annoying to be kicked out of your room to clean - we weren't prepared for it the first day. But I had a great time and would definitely stay here again!

LOVELY FRIENDLY PLACE TOSTAY

Nadia and her staff are really beautiful people, very helpful and guides you everytime to good local places. The hostel is a very cozy place and is well located. I really got a nice time with them and definetly if I come back to Florence would stay with them. The hostel atmosphere and cleanliness are excellent, Nadias nice and funny humor makes your day. Thank you very much for all!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Peru

I had an amazing time here. Small and intimate. Nadia and the guy who checked me in were really nice and sit with you to explain things around the city. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were big! Great location to everything. If you have great people in your room your stay here is going to be great. I think what needs to happen are some activities to get each of the rooms talking, like dinners out, aperitivo at a local place etc organised by the hostel. Totally recommend staying here!

The David Inn was wonderful! We accidentally didn't realize there wasn't 24hr check in and the owner came and let us in at 10pm. She was so friendly and helpful and showed us a map full of things to do in the area. The hostel was clean, well kept and very safe. It was in a great location, easy to walk anywhere around Florence.

• 6th Sep 2014

Excellent location,friendly and helpful staff. Good atmosphere. Felt safe and secure. Only one shower and another toilet for 2 big dorms was a negative. Otherwise, great.

This is one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in, just be warned that any chargers or clothes left on your bed will be hidden by housekeeping or put with someone else's stuff. Beds are comfy and rooms spacious. Kitchen facilities are quite limited so for dinner it's easier to eat out. Nadia is such a lovely host and very informative about what to do in florence. You must visit the Gucci museum!!

Nadia the host was really friendly and welcoming she gives you information about Florence and there is a real personal touch to the hostel which is really nice. The lockers are outside the rooms which was a little annoying but access to the hostel is very strict which makes it very safe. Found that our sheets were dirty but we could have been unlucky with this as everything else was very clean. Small hostel so good to meet people yet you get a good nights sleep.

Thanks for the compliments .... I'm sorry for the incident sheets, because I am personally of the laundry! Surely it was an accident caused not by us who care a lot for cleaning.

This hotel is well located, clean and the decoration is beautiful and welcoming. Nadia, the manager, is very friendly and you feel good instantaneously. I definitely recommend this place to everyone!!

Nadia the owner was so nice and you could tell she loved having us there. It was a great location right down the street from the Duomo and not to far from Pointe Vecchio and other main attractions!!! About a 15 min walk from the Train/Bus station. The room was very large with a living room attached. The two bathrooms were very small and I believe there was only one shower which was also VERY small.

Best hostel ever. The lady is so nice and helps you with everything. I recommend it to everybody.

• 1st Sep 2014