David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

Steller location with a great view of the Duomo from one room. Everything in Florence is walkable from here. The staff give you a comprehensive run-down of the city when you check in and help you to maximize your time here. There's a medium sized kitchen available. The only problem I had was that there always seemed to be a line for the showers in the morning. They have the same guest to shower ratio as every other place, but for some reason everyone who stays here showers at 8 am.

Nadia is very sweet and friendly. The rooms are neat and the location is excellent. The hostel is located between the Duomo and the Academy. It's very easy to navigate with the Duomo as a reference. The staff was efficient. The hostel is clean and Nadia makes it a point to see that kitchen is also clean. The only drawback is that there is often a line for the shower in the morning. But if you wake up really early it's ok. I would recommend the hostel to everyone.

It's a little difficult to find your hostel

The hostel was amazing. I had one of the best stays here. The hostess (Nadia) waited for me out of her usual office hours because my train got in late due to a train strike. She also gave me a detailed explanation of what to do in the city and the cost of each attraction, which was great. Environment was great and the location was so close to the Duomo. The hostel was also a great way to meet new people.Highly recommend!

Water pressure of shower can be a little low. I guess it might be because others are showering as well.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

While the owner seemed sweet and the location was convenient, the hostel was horrible given the cleanliness, the key deposit policy, and the mosquitoes. The owner can easily put in screens, or do SOMETHING about the mosquitoes. I had welts - literally, huge bites - ALL over. I counted over 46 bites if you can believe it. If this hostel was in the USA, I would have called the health department on them. Also, the bathrooms were filthy at all times. DO NOT STAY HERE.

We are the only property amenities include that every morning we clean and make the beds like in a hotel including housekeeping specific .... If there are mosquitoes, each room has repellent and depends on the sensitivity of your skin. Everyone must take a personal product defense .... we can not fre more! The bathrooms are clean ... if then people sometimes are not careful about how they clean is not our fault ..... cleaning is done every day .... stere must be careful to respect it.

The hostel lady Nadia is an amazingly caring and thoughtful person, we felt the warmth as soon as we met her. The hostel is a charming place, very secure so you can relax.

Thanks !! I wait you again here for more days !!

Thank you for your hospitality Nadia! I wish you the best and I will surely recommend your place to everyone!

• 28th May 2015
  • rajkalsi11

The pleasure was mine! Having an excellent host as you ..... back ... I'll wait!

Absolutely perfect location (then again, Florence is tiny and everything is in walking distance), quieter area, & extremely friendly owners. My travel buddy & I stayed in the 6-bed dorm-room, there were 2 other 4-bed dorm-rooms as well. Our "roommates" were all between 20-30 years old and very sociable (yay!). My buddy and I wish we stayed at more hotels or stayed here for another night or two! Truly awesome experience I hope to repeat again (especially in such an awesome building & location)!

Thanks ! Thanks !! Thanks !!!

Staff is very good, but the hotel environment and facilities are not for me

Should be read carefully before you book ...... So do not be disappointed ....

I booked two night for the hostel but due to my flight delay I could only stay there for one night.As for the regulation of the hostel i paid 2 night for them.I asked the staff to give me receipt during check in but he said will give me in checkout.during checkout I asked That but another staff was reluctant to give me and said can only give me the receipt for one night. It's totally not reasonable.He said he will send me e-receipt after clarification but I still can't hear from them after 2 wk

• 24th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

The regulation provides that the first night you pay if you do not always warn 2 days in advance. Moreover, the delay of your fly is not our responsibility. It 'so in all places. The receipt was sent by email.

The beds were made and rooms picked up every day but a deep clean wasn't done. The shower wasn't that clean either. The living room was a nice place to hang out but it was the only room that had wifi. The owner was really nice and did an excellent job of going over the city map...giving ideas of what to do/see (and what to not waste your time on). We shared one shower with two dorm rooms...so there was sometimes a wait. The rooms don't lock...always open.

This is a safe place there is no need to close the guests in a room. No nothing has happened to either of you ... Cleanliness is deep every day but the work is not only ours is anch guests who wash after cleaning .... leaving as found (clean) and this does not happen often , but it does not depend on us !! WIFI works well in all rooms and in all PCs in all rooms! The showers are more than enough for so few people ..

I loved this hostel! It was perfectly in the center of everything. We were welcomed with snacks and a big smile. The security is great, the hostel is clean and quiet, and the beds were comfortable. It is very close to the David statue, the Duomo and other sights in Florence. We even got a personalized map from the staff as to what we should see. I highly recommend for any young travelers going to see Florence!

I had a wonderful time at this hostel. It's a smaller hostel but enough people that there was a great atmosphere. Nadia the host made is feel like a home rather than a hostel which is always nice when you are a solo traveler. She was amazing and made my 3 days there all the more enjoyable. She even joined us for dinner twice and we had the opportunity to enjoy real florentine meals. Excellent location.

dear ...... thank you for the fantastic company!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Stayed in a four person dorm for one night. Rooms and bathroom facilities are very clean, wifi works well, and atmosphere is excellent. Location is great and only 2 minutes to either the Duomo or Accademia Gallery. Nadia, the owner, brought us to dinner at ZaZa which I also highly recommend. The staff provided maps and excellent advice on how to spend my single day in Florence. Overall, I recommend David Inn to anyone backpacking in Florence.

.... And you one of the guests of honor! Return!

The owner will walk you through the map of the city and give you advice about what you should visit and when and even how to skip the lines. Very helpful. Also every time you walk in age would get happy and say you name out loud.

Many thanks to you !!

My stay at the David Inn was fantastic! I was coming from Cinque Terre and although I thought i allowed enough time, the trains delayed me. I contacted Nadia and advised that i would be running a little past 8pm, and she was more than happy to wait for me until 8.30pm. I arrived and was greeted with a warm welcome. She went through a comprehensive tour of Florence in check in. Thank you so much for your hospitality Nadia and sharing your coconut with me as i was heading out for the day.

• 16th May 2015

The hostel is very central. You can reach everything by foot. Nadja gives you a good overview over Florence at the beginning. There was only one shower for 8-10 people. So it can happen that you have to wait in the morning. Be aware of mosquitoes, there were plenty of them and I got bitten badly.

I was sorry to read the incorrect information on the structure, I wonder why? The bathrooms are 3 and there are more showers .... mosquitoes in summer are everywhere ..... what else to say?

My stay was really Nice since Nadia the owner and the staff were really friendly. The location of the Hostel is really close from The Piazza del Duomo, whch pretty good. The price is good and the atmosphere nice since it's not a big hostel.

YOU ARE VERY NICE!!! THANKS ,THNKS , THANKS.....I WAIT YOU AGAIN HERE !!!!

Pro's- great location, Nadia the owner takes you through a great map of the area, small hostel of 14 beds, quiet. Con's - dorm doors don't lock, small poorly equipped kitchen, one shower for 8 guests to share can be difficult sometimes. Not enough people around to meet, no pressure in the shower, common areas could be cleaner. All in all a good hostel, but if you want to meet people stay in a bigger hostel. Location is probably the best factor.

No room has the keys because it is a safe place and there are lockers available without pay. The three bathrooms are enough for so few people. The kitchen has everything you need .... you're done here and the place is perfect if you want to rest easy and know other people ... If you want bigger places well enough to read the description and book according to your needs ...