David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

This is a really good hostel in a fantastic spot. It's has a nice homely feel and Nadia is amazing, she takes time out to help you if you need it and knows so much about the city! Would definitely recommend staying here. Only criticism I would have is there is only one shower.

Owner very nice. Will recommend you places to visit in Florence. But the hostel is hard to search.

I had a nice stay at David's inn. The location is great, a quick walk to the duomo and you are always able to find your way back. The rooms are clean and bright and the kitchen facility, although small, is nice to have (supermarket nearby). The water pressure can be very low at times, but other than that the bathrooms were adequate. I met many other travelers here and would stay again!

There are no lockers that fit backpacks. They do have small lockers but you need to pay for them. There are no locks on the bedroom doors either. So I guess just make sure you meet the others and trust them. The owner Nadia is VERY loud, and you can here her even from the back room. The laundry cost money to use, the towels cost money, nothing was free or accessible for the amount we paid. I feel there are better hostels in Florence.

I'm sorry to have disappointed your expectations ..... but just read well before the description of the features on the web before you book! It write that there are lockers free, towels for rent and their price, the laundry is always to payment but is not binding! Maybe you have to be more careful and precise in making observations ..... from all points of view!

David Inn is an excellent hostel that feels very personal and relaxing. The hostel is small so it's very easy to get to know the other travelers, and it feels like a home, which for me was very appreciated after long travels. The staff is excellent and are extremely helpful, and the owner Nadia is so sweet! The location is perfect, I could see the Duomo from my room and the walk was only 3 minutes, 2 minutes to the Galleria Academia. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

Maybe it would be nice if they had lockers for everybody, and we could lock the door of the rooms because other way anybody can enter to the rooms and your backpacks are there with no protection if you don't have padlock to lock your own.

There are lockers for all without having to pay and we tell everyone to keep their things in the luggage .... until now no one has had any problems. Not even you ..... so just follow the advice and everything is safe here.

Hostel was in an incredible location--very centralized and close to all the attractions (about a 15 minute walk from the train station). The staff was super friendly and looked to help you whenever possible. The rooms were decently clean and the bathroom's were just okay. As a young adult male traveler this place was perfect. Location is my main factor and environment is second.

Excellent staffs, thank you so much!BTW, they can show you the best routine to discover the city!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • China

The area was so close to everything! They need to make their sign larger though, cause I walked right by it the first time. Also no A/C which made for a hot night. At least there was a fan. Nadia is incredible!

Great location and Nadia was awesome! Very friendly and fun. Hostel was pretty average but no A/C which made for a hot night! Did have a fan though! Second night was better. Location is literally right between Academia where David is and the Duomo. The hostel isn't labeled very well on the outside, though, so pay attention!

Perfect location, just a few minutes away from duomo and academia. It's clean and tidy and interial decoration is very stylish. Except the shower is a bit less of space, other facilities are good. Nadia is very nice and helpful. It's a great pleasure to stay in David Inn and definately will go back again.

Firstly, this place has good location - Florence is pretty small anyway. We stayed here in the summer and it was very hot, there is no air conditioning here. Bring bug spray or a net if you stay here as the windows must remain open and the mosquitoes may be a problem (I used bug spray and had no issues at all). The place was nice, felt like a relative's home really. Computers are in each room. You can manage using the kitchen but the supplies are extremely limited.

This was a really cute little hostel with the best location--right across the street from the Accademia and a few blocks from the Duomo. Nadia is so very helpful with her advice on how to spend your time in Florence. The hostel itself is small, but the rooms are large. It is very clean as well and although there is no air conditioning, it is in an old building that does not really get hot. There isn't a great central meeting place, but it is still easy to meet people here.

This was a beautiful hostel, perhaps one of the nicest I've stayed at. I was very content with my entire experience, and I would happily return.

Nadia and Anis were so kind and helpful ! I got to meet and chat with lots of other travelers while there. The hostel itself is in a great location: my room had a good view of the Il Duomo. One of the nights I woke up with multiple itchy bug bites =( but other than that the David Inn hostel is a good place.

If you mean some insect mosquito .... can be ... but nothing else!

Staff are excellent- super friendly and helpful. Very clean and beds are comfortable. Great location, just a few minutes from the Duomo. Highly recommended.

They are really helpful and the hostel is great!! if you are going to florence don't hesitte to stay here

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Mexico

One of the best hostels I've been to. Everything perfect

Nadia is a fabulous person. She took the time to give us (and the other guests who checked in after us) tips on enjoying the wonderful city of Florence. She went above and beyond to make us feel at home. She is clearly proud of her city and hostel. And rightfully so! All of her suggestions were spot on!! When our next hostel canceled our reservation (without notice), she helped us find new accommodations.

Beautiful small hostel, very homely environment. Location is superb, just 4 mins walk to the Dumo.