David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

Best hostel ever. The lady is so nice and helps you with everything. I recommend it to everybody.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Belgium

I had a great time here. Nadia made me feel very welcome and was helpful with infomation about local resturants, tours and sights. Would stay here again. I was provided with a map with the mainsights and attractions highlighted for easier use. The place is located close to public transport and is easily accesable.

Owner and staff are friendly and helpful. The facility of this hostel is sufficient for our needs.

I think it's important to separate the owner from the hostel. Nadia is wonderful - no doubt. Friendly, kind, outgoing, takes an interest in your stay. The hostel has pros and cons. Pros - great location. Cons - dorms have no locks, lockers arent big enough for backpacks, only one shower, poor WiFi in room, directions to hostel from train station were terrible (Pro tip - ignore them - trust me. Ask someone how to get to the "Duomo" at the station. Once there, ask someone where "via Ricasoli" is.)

This is not a hostel, this is a house - with a staff (especially Nadia) that takes a personal interest in your life and your stay in Florence. The Inn enjoys a perfect and safe location very close to the Duomo, the interior of the beautiful 1400 house is tastefully decorated and there are even rooms with TVs and computers - again, you get that home feeling and it really supplemented the general atmosphere of the city. Nadia goes above and beyond to make your stay perfect. Grazie! :)

The pleasure is all mine have nice people like you in my house !! You will always be welcome ...... Le plaisir est pour moi ont de belles personnes comme vous dans ma maison !! Vous serez toujours les bienvenus ......

A tour was too strongly pushed considering it was well outside a travellers budget. We were told everything would be shut on the tour day. A lot of museums were closed however there was still things to do. Felt this was bad and biased advice. You are required to keep all you stuff in your rucksack and really tidy - this may not be suitable for everyone. Your stuff gets moved if not tidy enough, a bit annoying. Owner clearly thought about the hostel decor.

It tries to give the best advice for use in the best way in a short time often artistically rich city in the center and around. If everyone is free to do as he wants, we give our best and many appreciate it in a positive way. The order in the rooms is a must: for hygiene, safety and because space is common. If all are messy and leave the stuff around it would be impossible to share with others the same room! You are not at your house ..... it is a form of respect for oneself and others!

loved my stay, great job guys! keep up the good job ;)

This was an amazing hostel that was in a great location! Central to almost everything. Nadia was also a huge help in suggesting things to do. I would highly recommend staying in this hostel. Only complaint is that there was only one shower which made it difficult in the mornings when everyone was trying to shower. Aside from that, a great experience!

• 22nd Aug 2014

I thank you for the compliments ..... but it is due, a clarification: there is a shower alone! See you soon .....

This is the best hostel in Florence and in Europe. The interior was designed professionally and portrays a simple elegance. The staff assistance was over and above, they would not be satisfied until you were familiar with every attraction and new how to get there. Location and access is terrific. Highly recommended and can't wait to return. Thanks Nadia

My house is proud to have had a guest like you ....... I hope you will return soon!

I really enjoyed my stay in Florence and the David Inn was a very nice little hostel. Easy walk to everything, especially Academia and the Duomo. Good views from the windows. Small and homey, definitely not a party hostel, which I liked after being worn out by the Yellow in Rome. Staff was ok, one guy was brand new and didn't really know what he was doing and the owner was a bit of a character. Luggage storage only til 5pm. Not many showers/bathrooms. Lockers were not very secure. Overall, nice

Lovely hostel with great atmosphere. Felt like I was staying at a friends house. The owner, Nadia, was of great help and very friendly. She was always willing to give you advice on what to do and looked out for all the guests. I had the key to the building so I could come in and out whenever I felt like it. Even though the was no breakfast, there was a kitchen you could use. Only problem I had were mosquitoes, but I had that problem all over Italy. Would definitely go back again.

Nadia, the owner, was amazingly friendly and helpful. You couldn't ask for a better location and I was so impressed by how clean the facilities are! They make your bed every morning. Such a lovely place :)

• 12th Aug 2014

The rooms were good and spacious. Bathrooms are very little in number for all the rooms to use(most of the time having wet floor). Stayed in a room where wifi had low cxn. Not enough Electric sockets to plug. Staff is helpful.

Definitely one of the best if not THE best hostel I have stayed at. The location was great! Literally next to the Accademia where the David can be found and just down the street from the Duomo and walking distance to the main train station of Santa Maria Novella and so many other great landmarks of Florence! And Nadia is SUPER helpful and really wants you to see and experience her Florence so listen to her and heed her advice! And if you have time do the day tour of the Tuscan countryside!

• 10th Aug 2014

Amazing location and great staff. The Hostel is small but has everything you need in Florence.

We had a really enjoyable stay at this hostel. Nadia is absolutely brilliant, providing great tourist information and a friendly greeting everyday. The hostel is in an ideal location, very close to the major attractions.

Nadia is very welcoming with a clear passion for her city and her guests. Location is absolutely incredible, right between Michelangelo's David and the Duomo (could see the Duomo from my bed). Showers weren't great given the water pressure which needs to be looked at. Only complaint is the staff appearing slightly pushy in regards to selling the day trips, research them before you decide to go on one - some were quite disappointed with them

On arrival one of the staff got a map and showed me many of the attractions in Florence and how to buy tickets to see them. A nice personal touch.

Location was awesome, 5 mins away from the Duomo and town centre. Would definitely recommend this hostel to others!

i had such a lovely stay here! it's a quiet, small hostel but luckily the few others staying here were a lot of fun. met a great group and we ended up traveling to rome together. nadia is very helpful and its an excellent location very close to the duomo.