David Inn Reviews

Via Ricasoli 31, Florence, Italy

The Hostel was in a good location and the staff were friendly and helpful. This was an average hostel...nothing special but, not bad by any means. This is a good Hostel for someone who wants somewhere quiet. When I mean quiet, I mean the hostel isn't extremely social in the way it is sent up. The common room was off to the side so no one really used it. Was a good place to sleep and very central to everything. If you are looking for somewhere really social I would suggest trying someone else.

Location is excellent and staff is all kind and supportive. Accommodations are a little bit old and there is only one shower available for the guests. There is not a common area, besides the kitchen. Rooms are large, but there are no lockers available.

Great location, staff, and suggestions for what to do in the city! Relatively little common space compared to other hostels I've been to.

• 12th May 2014

The hostel is in one of the best places of the city. Its next to Piazza di San Marco. Very easy to get there. You have direct contact with the owner who takes care of you and provides all necessary information. The owner is a very nice and caring lady. She treats almost everyone as if it was her family. This is definitely the best place I can recommend to anyone.

Great location, clean hostel. Small kitchen, dont have towels. Nadia helped us with onde problem: selling an extra ticket for one museum. But what is a bit upseting is that you can only leave your bags there until 5 pm after check out, which is bad if you have a late night train - like us. We had to pay 6 euros per bag to put our bags on the train station. On every other hostel we stayed on our trip we were alloud to live the bags until later.

The towels are always hire just ask them. The kitchen is private, but I am very glad to make it available for guests (there is also a sign written) and need to eat. For this reason, the bags are left there until 5:00 PM because then the space is for those who want to prepare for dinner .... In many hostels suitcases carry them away at the check-out.

Best location and certainly value for money. Couldn't fault this hostel, most welcoming and lovely staff 😊 wish we could have stayed longer, a home from home and so warming. Could have moved in! Excellent facilities, we will be back! 💕 x stay here! x

Hands down the best hostel in Florence!! You get an amazing vibe staying there. The people there are just the best. Nadia is by far the greatest Italian you will probably ever meet! Haha. She was willing to help out in any way possible! You only need to ask. Highly recommend David Inn! I also recommend asking Nadia where the best gelato is! She has great taste, and won't let you down!! I can't wait to go back again!

• 6th May 2014

Nadia was INCREDIBLE, as were her staff! Loved every second at David Inn!

• 6th May 2014

The David Inn is in a great location and Nadia is very helpful with any questions you might have. She also has an endless list of places and things to see in Florence. The hostel is literally 2 minutes away from the Accademia and 5 minutes from the Duomo. A nice little kitchen to cook in with pots, plates and utensils for you to use.

The hostel was great! It was my first time in a mixed dorm, but it felt very safe, and Nadia was wonderful, very helpful. It was in a great location, and everything was very clean. I wish the bunk beds had rails on them as I do not like sleeping up high anyways. I would definitely recommend this to a friend!

The shower stall in the bathroom next to the kitchen: Very dirty on d floor edges and outside rims, broken shower stall panels, and weak water flow from shower head (even weaker to almost just dribbling after 5-10mins). Otherwise, everything was great: location, bed, check-ins, staffs.

Great place, nice and clean, fabulous!!!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Austria

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. It was very clean. The only thing that would have been nice is more toilets and showers. This was our favorite hostel we have stayed in!

Lovely hostel in an ideal location just a couple minutes away from the cathedral. The staff are excellent, really helpful in suggesting things to do and places to go, Nadia in particular is an absolute sweetheart. She made it feel more like being a guest in her home than being in a hostel. The only downside is there is often a queue for the shower. But I would fully recommend here to anyone visiting Florence.

A great place to stay. Very close to the cathedral and Academia. The staff was also very helpful and answered all my questions. The map provided by them was also very helpful.

Nadia has been a very helpful and wonderful host! It was a pity I had to check out earlier and didn't get to say goodbye to her. All in all, David Inn is clean, cosy and pretty hostel situated in a good location. Would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Florence.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Not even really a hostel, it only consists of 3 rooms, but the staff was very pleasant and helpful, and the rooms were very nice.

Nadia was like a mother, which was nice to have being so far from home. This has been the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Staff were kind, helpful and enthusiastic.

Nice place. Nadia and the rest of the staff are cool.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Peru

My welcome was so wonderful I had to go back for another night and am going back again to say good bye before I leave Italy. It has a lovely sitting room.