Davids Cozy Auberge in Old Berlin Reviews

Bredowstr. 35b, Berlin, Germany

I found my stay at David's quite pleasant, the staff was vey helpful and understanding since my arrival. This young backpackers hostel provides a good atmosphere to meet international people, mainly in the living room! The hostel in general reminded cleaned and spacious for the amount of people it holds. The neighbour was very safety and the supermarket was at just one block from the hostel. I will recommend this hostel for a short stay in Berlin, it is vey valuable for the money that one pay!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Ecuador

The atmosphare was simply not great!

This is a great hostel that represents excellent value for money for the budget traveller. Located in the quiet district of Moabit, it's a particularly good option for those who want a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Berlin nightlife, and has a nice alternative vibe to it. In addition, Daniel (staff) was great company and incredibly helpful.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Staying here was great some reviews say something about poor cleanliness but it was perfectly clean when we were there and anyways a hostel is only ever as clean as the people staying there. the hostel has a great atmosphere, most hostels are quite boring but here the interior is unique which makes it feel like home right away. I could feel the springs in my matress but my brother had "the best bed ever in the world" so i guess you just gotta be lucky

Dear guest, I appreciate very much your reviews.thank you very much for your stay .I hope I will see you in the future. Best regards

We stayed in the private apartment located next door to the hostel. It was secure enough although the door was a little temperamental. Was clean and spacious although there was an unused bed frame in the middle of the room. :-/ still plenty of space though. A little hard to find and we struggled to get in as nobody answered the door. You are meant to ring the number on the door but then I get a big phone bill so wanted to avoid this. Surely an easier system is to have a door bell! Dave was cool.

Unacceptable hostel, very very bad, you must clean the shower when you finish,the floor is dirty and gluey,the beds are very bad and unconfortable, there no personal inside and you have to call someone if you want to check in. In this hostel, you must wear flip-flop inside!!!! WTF?!?! You can't wear your shoes!! No words! Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!

This hostel was in a nice area, easily accessible by public transportation. I stayed in a private room which had the thinnest, wispiness curtains and the bed squeaked loudly every time I moved so I barely slept in my 3 nights there. The shower curtain in the private bathroom was covered with mold spots and the kitchen was absolutely disgusting. There were flies everywhere and it looked like the microwave had never been cleaned. You have to rent your sheets for an extra €3

• 31st Jul 2014

The staff was hardly around and new arrivals had to come a phone number on the door in order to get into the hostel and check-in since the other travelers couldn't let them inside. Some travelers' phones don't work internationally and there would have been no way to contact the owner without borrowing a phone from someone. Our food would go missing as well and other travelers had this issue. The kitchen was not super clean and the microwave was disgusting. It was one of the cheaper hostels.

It was good, just too far from the clubs for my liking.

• 20th Jul 2014

Everything is beautiful and convenient, rooms are spacious, except bedrooms - messy, blanket and cover are old. Extra mattress can be added right on the floor without a bed! My bedroom was divided by curtain into 6 places for girls (4 beds and 1 double mattress) and 5 places for boys (1 single matress and 4 bed). It means that my 8 beds room became a room for 11 people! David (staff) is friendly, helpful and nice. Close to metro station, bus station from Tegel Airport and Central Train Station.

This is without a doubt the best hostel that I stayed in. The people were so welcoming and friendly and the value for money was really good

It was awesome place and staff there. I surely use again when i VISIT to Berlin again. Internet is so fast.

THIS REVIEW IS NOT FOR DAVID'S HOSTEL. I was actually accommodated at another hostel since David's hostel was full. This hostel belonged to the same group of people. The hostel definitely needed to be cleaned. During my stay for 3 nights, I didn't see anyone come to clean, which was shocking. Other than that, the hostel was ok.

David was very nice. But felt the facilities were a bit run-down, not very clean and slept on the most uncomfortable bed in my life. WAY over priced for what it was. Ended up paying more than advertised as fees were tacked on upon check-in. Don't like being duped.

• 8th Jul 2014

Plus: location! Three stops with the bus to the Hauptbahnhof. Minus: KITCHEN! One hob, one pot, three plates and a few mugs - that's it! Very limited seating available in the common area. Not very clean, our room smelled stale and mouldy.

Could use a few upgrades to things like matressess, bedding, and maybe include a few useful items like a kettle.

• 4th Jul 2014

Worst experience in a hostel ever : undelicate and deceitully friendly welcome. The room was terribly dirty, like very very dirty and humid. We just went all day long out and came at night back to sleep. I would recommand noone to go there.

• 2nd Jul 2014

David scared me at the beggining :) but later on it was ok.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Poland

It's not in the center of Berlin but it was a 5 minute walk from the U9 which takes you straight to one of the main spots in town with shopping and restaurants and from there you can take public transportation anywhere throughout the city.

Lovely little hostel near to a train station so it is easy to get around the city. Upon arrival David/Daniel sat down with us and gave us a map and circled all the subway stations we would need for all the touristy things to do which was super helpful of him. The beds in the dorm room are single beds which is a great novelty! Its a real homely place and we really enjoyed our stay here as well as meeting some great people. Only thing would be a kettle and some more knives for the kitchen!

« first « Prev 1 2 3