Davids Cozy Auberge in Old Berlin Reviews

Bredowstr. 35b, Berlin, Germany

This place was awesome. I would definitely come back. The atmosphere was better than any hostel I have stayed at. It was a little dirty, they use a notebook for bookings, and the lockers are small but you get what you pay for and it added to the hostel's personality.

We need a cheap room from which to organize our movements. the reception was very bad. We asked about staying for a long time. There has been proposed a 500 euro which thereupon was already occupied. our room was in a house under renovation, including gear. the door had the bolt broke and there was no chance to close the room with our belongings secure. with many extra facilities could become a good hostel. and then..the bathtub was in the kitchen ..and the kitchen with the broken door.

• 30th Sep 2014

The staff scared me a lot at the beginning, not nice or polite, but later he was very nice to me :P Because i was nice to him!A bit strange as there is no staff inside, if you arrive earlier or later, you can't get inside, have to call the staff and wait outside. It is a good place to make friends as it is very small, easy to start a conversation! but it is very dark inside most of the time. poor facilities, no maps,no tourist information, very limited kitchen utensils.

I found my stay at David's quite pleasant, the staff was vey helpful and understanding since my arrival. This young backpackers hostel provides a good atmosphere to meet international people, mainly in the living room! The hostel in general reminded cleaned and spacious for the amount of people it holds. The neighbour was very safety and the supermarket was at just one block from the hostel. I will recommend this hostel for a short stay in Berlin, it is vey valuable for the money that one pay!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Ecuador

The atmosphare was simply not great!