Davids Cozy Auberge in Old Berlin Reviews

Bredowstr. 35b, Berlin, Germany

This place was awesome. I would definitely come back. The atmosphere was better than any hostel I have stayed at. It was a little dirty, they use a notebook for bookings, and the lockers are small but you get what you pay for and it added to the hostel's personality.

We need a cheap room from which to organize our movements. the reception was very bad. We asked about staying for a long time. There has been proposed a 500 euro which thereupon was already occupied. our room was in a house under renovation, including gear. the door had the bolt broke and there was no chance to close the room with our belongings secure. with many extra facilities could become a good hostel. and then..the bathtub was in the kitchen ..and the kitchen with the broken door.

• 30th Sep 2014

The staff scared me a lot at the beginning, not nice or polite, but later he was very nice to me :P Because i was nice to him!A bit strange as there is no staff inside, if you arrive earlier or later, you can't get inside, have to call the staff and wait outside. It is a good place to make friends as it is very small, easy to start a conversation! but it is very dark inside most of the time. poor facilities, no maps,no tourist information, very limited kitchen utensils.

I found my stay at David's quite pleasant, the staff was vey helpful and understanding since my arrival. This young backpackers hostel provides a good atmosphere to meet international people, mainly in the living room! The hostel in general reminded cleaned and spacious for the amount of people it holds. The neighbour was very safety and the supermarket was at just one block from the hostel. I will recommend this hostel for a short stay in Berlin, it is vey valuable for the money that one pay!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Ecuador

The atmosphare was simply not great!

This is a great hostel that represents excellent value for money for the budget traveller. Located in the quiet district of Moabit, it's a particularly good option for those who want a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Berlin nightlife, and has a nice alternative vibe to it. In addition, Daniel (staff) was great company and incredibly helpful.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Staying here was great some reviews say something about poor cleanliness but it was perfectly clean when we were there and anyways a hostel is only ever as clean as the people staying there. the hostel has a great atmosphere, most hostels are quite boring but here the interior is unique which makes it feel like home right away. I could feel the springs in my matress but my brother had "the best bed ever in the world" so i guess you just gotta be lucky

Dear guest, I appreciate very much your reviews.thank you very much for your stay .I hope I will see you in the future. Best regards

We stayed in the private apartment located next door to the hostel. It was secure enough although the door was a little temperamental. Was clean and spacious although there was an unused bed frame in the middle of the room. :-/ still plenty of space though. A little hard to find and we struggled to get in as nobody answered the door. You are meant to ring the number on the door but then I get a big phone bill so wanted to avoid this. Surely an easier system is to have a door bell! Dave was cool.

Unacceptable hostel, very very bad, you must clean the shower when you finish,the floor is dirty and gluey,the beds are very bad and unconfortable, there no personal inside and you have to call someone if you want to check in. In this hostel, you must wear flip-flop inside!!!! WTF?!?! You can't wear your shoes!! No words! Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!

This hostel was in a nice area, easily accessible by public transportation. I stayed in a private room which had the thinnest, wispiness curtains and the bed squeaked loudly every time I moved so I barely slept in my 3 nights there. The shower curtain in the private bathroom was covered with mold spots and the kitchen was absolutely disgusting. There were flies everywhere and it looked like the microwave had never been cleaned. You have to rent your sheets for an extra €3

• 31st Jul 2014