Davies Court Reviews

56 East India Dock Road, London, England

Very affordable. No meals, so just a room to sleep in. No kitchen etc. Very basic. the location is kind of remote, middle of nowhere in East end of London. Not much going on. But for a basic need of just staying, should be enough. Comes with a basic gym (a few treadmills and a stretch space)

best value ever in London!

great place to chill out for a few days. excellent value for money, however next time please remember the loo paper.

Dear Madam Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not receive our normal high service. After investigation it appears there was a fast turnaround of the room to allow you to check straightaway and the toilet paper was not replaced If we had known it was missing, we would have supplied the roll straight away. We hope you will give us the chance to serve you again and thank you for choosing us for your stay in London.

Close to the DLR, but far from the city center. £30 deposit for a room key. Staff was very forgetful and disorganized.

Dear Madam Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not receive our normal high service. After investigation it appears there was miscommunication as we are in Zone 2 of London right by Canary Wharf & DLR The key deposit was refunded when you return the keys. It is however unclear what was forgotten or not organised though. Can you explain more in an e mail directly to the hostel. We hope you will give us the chance to serve you again and thank you for choosing us for your stay.

On arrival, the staff at Davies Court were helpful and quick in the processing of the check-in procedures. I only went into the room to drop my bags and then headed off into London's centre. However, on my return in the evening I inspected the room (a single en-suite) more closely and wished I had done so earlier. Because to me, it didn't seem to have been cleaned at all. There was hair lying on the bathroom floor, toothpaste in the sink, and hair on the bed which made me feel uncomfortable!

• 13th Dec 2014

Dear Madam Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not receive our normal high service. After investigation it appears there was a fast turnaround of the room to allow you to check straightaway. If we had known the points you mentioned, we would have immediately changed your room. We hope you will give us the chance to serve you again and thank you for choosing us for your one night in London

Excellent budget choice. The staff were friendly and helpful, the location is perfect for Canary Wharf and surrounding Tube and DLR. Bus stops outside the hostel direct to/from central London 24 hours a day. Highly recommend local Noodle Street Chinese restaurant and takeaway for those wanting delicious, quick healthy food or use the excellent kitchen facilities in the hostel is you want to cook your own.

• 12th Dec 2014

Nice staff, relatively good room (though not particularly clean), conveniently located near DLR station however be warned: YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN TOWEL. They are not even available for hire. I did not realise this as it is not mentioned during the booking process and I could therefore not shower. Thankfully I was only there for one night however I did find it quite ridiculous.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Dear Madam Thank you for your constructive feedback and we are saddened that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. The respective departments have been notified of your concerns and we hope you will be satisfied on your next visit given the opportunity. Thank you for having stayed with us

I arrived after 8pm and was initially told I could not pay as the office was shut and I would have to leave my Passport in exchange for keys! After some discussion they decided someone could use their credit card machine but I was also charged £30 deposit for room key. It is also not clear when booking that you have to provide your own towels. Because I left early in the morning there was no one to refund my key deposit so had to ring later in the day to do it by phone. Lovely rooms though.

• 18th Aug 2014

Dear Sir Thank you for your constructive feedback and we are saddened that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. The reception is manned 24 hours a day but they have no access to the safe or cash etc. Normally a passport / ID card is held against the room and access keys but you were reluctant to leave this. The respective departments have been notified of your concerns and we hope you will be satisfied on your next visit given the opportunity. Thank you for having stayed with us

I really liked the stay. The staff was very nice and good. A bit outside the exact center but only about 20 minutes. Has some faults +Has a laundry room (washing machines and driers) but are quite expensive. - A wash cycle 3.2 pounds and drier 1 pound +Free Wifi all over and ethernet connection in rooms +Elevator to all floors +Big shared kitchen -but quite dirty Bathroom quite big but looked uncleanly and rusting. Would go again though and do reccommend.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Iceland

Dear Sir Thank you for your constructive feedback and we are saddened that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. The respective departments have been notified of your concerns and we hope you will be satisfied on your next visit given the opportunity. Thank you for having stayed with us

Pretty basic accommodation but for a one or two night stay in London on a budget, you would struggle to beat it. Good location with the DLR very close nearby and a reasonable journey time to the central/tourist destinations. Staff were friendly and the actual facilities were very good for the price. The bed was not the most comfortable but that is to be expected for the cost although one issue was no toilet paper in the ensuite bathroom. Would definitely use again for the price.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Wales

If you are wanting a break from the hectic and trashy London hostel scene then this is the perfect break. Cheap private rooms (some with own ensure) fridge and tv in room with kitchen at the end of each corridor. Easy access into the city with westferry dlr a 3 min walk away. Student digs but was very quiet while I was there. Amazing fast Wifi (believe this is a new addition). You will not make friends here as its not a hostel scene

Stayed here overnight, as I was stopping over London, and it was an extremely pleasant short stay. Staff were very kind from checking in to checking out (even as I missed the timing to check out by a bit, the staff were not too fussed). Room was perfect, with shared bathroom and kitchen looking perfect. Location is a bit isolated, but you do have the DLR from Canary Wharf; plus buses right outside, which take you most places. Great stay.

• 7th Aug 2014