Davies Court Reviews

56 East India Dock Road, London, England

This hostel is very cheap for what it offered! It is near to tube and restaurants and supermarkets. However, it does not provide locker/safe in my room. It is more like hotel atmosphere so it is not a good place to meet people.

The stay will really depend in which house of the hostel you stay. The one that I was, was a little bit dirty and although it has a kitchen, there are no glasses, cups, pots, pans, etc to use. So it is complete useless. Things are private f the people living there. The sheets are clean, but in very bad conditions.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Argentina

Got a single room, neat and simple, good price and well located. I am sure there are hotel rooms with worse conditions and way higher prices

Dear Guest Thank you for your kind words We try to be as competitive as possible whilst giving good customer care and experience. We look forward to welcoming you again to Davies Court

All the staff were excellent. I forgot my phone charger and they allowed me to charge my phone in reception. Youre not going to find any better value for money.

Unfortunately this place has problem with mould. Not only in the bathroom, but outside the bathroom, the carpet was green with mould. Terrible smell that was partly hidden by an excessive use of softener in the bed linens. Not advisable for people with asthma etc. Your sleep wrapped in chemicals. Cannot tell if the bed linens were clean, but they certainly were perfumed.

Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry you feel you did not receive our best attention. The housekeeping and maintenance teams have inspected your concern and have discovered they are natural colouration. However if you contact the hostel directly you will receive a personal reply. We try to be as competitive as possible whilst giving good customer care and experience. We will look forward to welcoming you again to Davies Court. Thank you once again for staying with us.

For the money you really can't go wrong with Davies Court. It's less than a five min walk to Westferry DLR Station, buses run from outside the hostel and Canary Wharf is a five minute walk away. The only negative I had was that there was no loo roll in the bathroom, but I'm sure if I asked they would have sorted it out. Otherwise a really great stay.

• 25th Mar 2015

I have always like this place, it offers ensuite stay at good rates if booked through Hostelworld. davies court can match any rates if you want to book direct.

Dear Sir Thank you for your kind feedback. We strive hard to exceed customer's expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us Davies Court

Very affordable. No meals, so just a room to sleep in. No kitchen etc. Very basic. the location is kind of remote, middle of nowhere in East end of London. Not much going on. But for a basic need of just staying, should be enough. Comes with a basic gym (a few treadmills and a stretch space)

Dear Leo Thank you for you kind words. We are a self catering hostel and do provide over 20 fully fitted kitchens for the various flats for which residents cook their own meals the majority being long term residents who provide their own personal items of cookware , crockery , cutlery etc.. The hostel is located in Zone 2 of London's Canary Wharf and the O2 and close to the Olympic Games Village and Shopping Centre. And well connected only minutes from Bank and London Bridge stations

best value ever in London!

great place to chill out for a few days. excellent value for money, however next time please remember the loo paper.

Dear Madam Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not receive our normal high service. After investigation it appears there was a fast turnaround of the room to allow you to check straightaway and the toilet paper was not replaced If we had known it was missing, we would have supplied the roll straight away. We hope you will give us the chance to serve you again and thank you for choosing us for your stay in London.

Close to the DLR, but far from the city center. £30 deposit for a room key. Staff was very forgetful and disorganized.

Dear Madam Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not receive our normal high service. After investigation it appears there was miscommunication as we are in Zone 2 of London right by Canary Wharf & DLR The key deposit was refunded when you return the keys. It is however unclear what was forgotten or not organised though. Can you explain more in an e mail directly to the hostel. We hope you will give us the chance to serve you again and thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Great hostel. Love the short stay as its reasonably priced. Offers self catering facilities. I think its the best hostel in London

On arrival, the staff at Davies Court were helpful and quick in the processing of the check-in procedures. I only went into the room to drop my bags and then headed off into London's centre. However, on my return in the evening I inspected the room (a single en-suite) more closely and wished I had done so earlier. Because to me, it didn't seem to have been cleaned at all. There was hair lying on the bathroom floor, toothpaste in the sink, and hair on the bed which made me feel uncomfortable!

• 13th Dec 2014

Dear Madam Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not receive our normal high service. After investigation it appears there was a fast turnaround of the room to allow you to check straightaway. If we had known the points you mentioned, we would have immediately changed your room. We hope you will give us the chance to serve you again and thank you for choosing us for your one night in London

Excellent budget choice. The staff were friendly and helpful, the location is perfect for Canary Wharf and surrounding Tube and DLR. Bus stops outside the hostel direct to/from central London 24 hours a day. Highly recommend local Noodle Street Chinese restaurant and takeaway for those wanting delicious, quick healthy food or use the excellent kitchen facilities in the hostel is you want to cook your own.

• 12th Dec 2014