7.9
Very Good 242 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 242 Total Reviews
Davies Court Located at 56 East India Dock Road, , London.
England

• marktimms
  • South Africa, Male, 31-40
17th Aug 2016
6.6

Rooms were not as advertised and a towel was not included.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
12th Aug 2016

I regularly stay at Davies Court any time I am in London for the week end (usually once every two months) and love this place. What I really like is the value for money: for about £23 pounds a night you manage to have your own room with TV in it. Some rooms also have their own private bathroom, some do not. But also when the bathroom is shared, it is always very clean and it will only be shared with a few other people staying on the same floor. Facilities are clean, albeit very simple.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
5th Aug 2016

I really had a great stay at Davies Court. In comparison to other places this is very cheap for the quality of the room and the facility in general. It is relatively quiet even though it is next to a larger road, the room is nice and you can use the kitchen, towels are handed out for free. There is also a gym. I can only recommend it if you want to find something affordable but nice in London.

• Australia, Couple, 41+
4th Aug 2016
3.7

I booked accommodation for my husband and myself. We had no idea this was student accommodation and were astonished to find that we were expected to stay in rooms sharing with other people. As we had already signed in and paid in full and were tired after our travels we did not immediately leave and seek other accommodation. The person on duty was helpful & did try to find something for us but the room we were allocated had dirty carpets and bed linen. Tiny bathroom with wet floors. Not happy

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
30th Jul 2016

I have stayed at Davies Court several times. It is a clean and quiet hostel, and the people working there are very nice and helpful. There is a kitchen shared between 4 or 5 rooms, which is great. And there is a gym! (which most hostels don't have).

• England, Male, 18-24
26th Jul 2016

Very good hostel for a very cheap price!

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
22nd Jul 2016

The hostel is great value for money. It is very simple, just a dorm room. It is on a very busy street so it feels safe enough. I stayed on a friday night so its was loud throughout the night but that wasn't too much of a problem. The only thing was the fridge in my room wasn't working. But for the price and the location it is amazing value for money and it was pretty clean. I would stay again.

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
21st Jul 2016
6.6

The welcome was warm, but had to wait for reception to answer the bell. THe room was very tired and although clean did not feel it. The bathrooms and toilets were very tired, and generally the whole place felt as if it needed a good renovation. The website I booked through said linen was inluded - but this did not seem to involve a towel!!! That said it was a great location and worked well for me. Good value for money, but not sure I would return.

• Belgium, Female, 31-40
18th Jul 2016
6.0

All te doors have the same key wich made me cared about the security. The housekeepers have the key (i say the key because they open the all doors with the same key) and they open the door when you are in room after one knocking. The bad isn't really comfortable. At the eerst sight seems the room clean but after a while you realise actually isn't it. Because of the price I stayed more than one week because it's hard to find a cheap single room in London.

4th Jul 2016

Great place. This is the best option if you want to come to London for a few days. IF YOU CAN BOOK IT... I like the fact that it's on the Cycle Hire system and there's a docking station 1 minute away. Near Canary Wharf, at 8:30AM the first morning when I was going out, lots of dudes in suits were also. They gave me a free upgrade for a room with a en suite WC, which was perfect. The internet there works nicely. The only catch is you can't really book ahead many days, I did the day before.