Davies Court Reviews

56 East India Dock Road, London, England

I was in a single room with bathroom and the shower was not convenient at all. The shower head was spreading water everywhere and the flow was really low.

• 24th Jan 2016

My room was always cold, especially at night. Other than that, it's been good.

The staff at this hostel were helpful and friendly but.. A few things that were not acceptable!! The kitchen was gross and dirty, the freezers were bad, washing machines are expensive. The worst of all.... Our bathroom in our double room was filthy when we got there. So much hair in the shower!!! Asked for it to be cleaned, but remained dirty for another night. After 'cleaning' it, it was still gross! The whole bathroom floods too when you shower. Receptionist was very good though!!

If u want a nice toilet, forget it. The toilet needs work. Rented a 2 twin bed apartment and it looked like a old hospital toilet. Sink was tiny, the shower was hot thank goodness but the drain was clogged and there are no barriers so the water just flows out everywhere. Though the toilet was depressing, the facilities needs an upgrade as well. Staff was really helpful and friendly. A little inconvenient because it's out of the way from the central areas and is located near the bus stop.

Very good location, friendly staff, clean and great atmosphere to relax and enjoy a stay.

• 20th Dec 2015

Both members of staff that I met were very welcoming and friendly. I hadn't noticed that the hostel doesn't provide towels until it was too late. Perhaps this could be mentioned more prominently?

• 16th Dec 2015

I have a fortune and complimentary free upgraded to a single en suite room from a twin sharing room for the same price, so i was very happy to live there. Staff were very kind and helpful, I felt extremely well there.

• 15th Dec 2015
  • Hungary

Very cheap for a private room in London, around the same as a bed in a dorm. Don't come here expecting to meet people, but it's great if you want some privacy. Wifi is fast, staff are really friendly and they have reasonably priced laundry facilities. The neighbourhood isn't very interesting and there's no tube station nearby, but the DLR (overground) is close. I would stay here again.

A very quick overnight stay but... The guy on arrival was really lovely and had upgraded my room. I wasn't expecting great things due to price and my previous hostel experience... This place was a student halls which was cleaner than mine in first year and it was so easy to get too! The hostel were really lovely in keeping my bag safe the next day and when I returned to get it, I was greeted by another lovely member of staff! The security of the place was great and there was a gym too!

• 4th Dec 2015

It looked like nobody was cleaning the bathroom for ages. I was wondering if they have changed the linen before my arrival, because it was a bit smelly. The lock in the wardrobe was broken, so the key was useless.

Thank you for booking 3 nights with us at the discounted rate of £12.99 and less You chose a twin room sharing with another long term resident. If you had bought to the housekeeping department any areas not up to standard, they would have been addressed immediately. The locks on some of the wardrobes are ineffective as both doors can be opened at the same time so guests tend to put a small chain around the handles and use their own padlocks to secure the doors together. Many Thanks

Davies Court frequently extends their student accommodation to the public to help fill short term vacancies. It's about the cheapest private room in London, but of a much higher standard than a cheap hostel, and extremely quiet. The stand-out feature is blazing fast free wifi (dedicated 20/20mbit per person). The shared kitchen has a full suite of white goods but you're expected to bring your own crockery & cutlery, and it's not clear whether the pots and pans are shared.

• 11th Nov 2015

The atmosphere feels a bit like returning to those old student days, however the accommodation is easily accessible with the jubilee line, and of very good value for money so I would definitely recommend it. Only feedback is that my kitchen lacked crockery and cutlery, and would have appreciated a spare blanket in the room.

Dear Guest Thank you for your comments and observations which have been passed onto the relevant departments. Most of our residents tend to be long term and they purchase and keep in their cupboards their own private crockery, cutlery and utensils We have a large stock available for a small refundable deposit available from reception for short term guests and extra blankets bedding, pillows etc are available just by simply asking at reception. Thus we look forward to your next visit. Thanks

Awesome value for money... I used to live up the road from here and I paid per night on a monthly basis the same I paid for just one night here for the same size room even! The only catch is you can't book far in advance, they only know a week before what's available.

Dear Sir Thank you for your feedback which is very important to us to help improve our on-going commitment to customer satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in London Kind Regards The Hostel Managing Team Davies Court 0044 (0)207 987 3239 davies@lhalondon.com

Very good hostel,staff very nice ,helpful,and professional!!!

The drain in the shower was almost completely blocked, turning the whole bathroom into a bath when you showered. Staff was nice and easy to deal with but you didn't get the feeling they tried to go the extra mile, besides the lady from the cleaning agency, who was really super nice.

Dear Sir Thank you for your comments which are important to us. The shower room is in fact a wet room and as the water collects, it goes down the drain. Unfortunately some one squashed a bar of soap into the drain slowing the water drainage. The plumber came and immediately cleared it . We hope you enjoy more your next stay with us more. Kind Regards Davies Court

In the rooms, clean the top of the furniture!

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Dear Sir We are sorry we did not exceed your expectations on this visit Thank you for your comment which has been passed onto our housekeeping department We are sorry we did not exceed your expectations on this visit. Please be assured it will have immediate attention and we look forward to your next visit. Regards Davies Court

Less clean than a hotel, but much cheaper and all the facilities. In my 20 GBP room I had : a good bed, a sink, a TV set. There was also a fridge and a safe, which means the rooms are great for long term stay. I must also add the perectly clean fitness, and a shared kitchen for every four rooms. The surroundings are nice and the staff very helpful.

Dear Sir Thank you for your feedback which is very important to us to help improve our on-going commitment to customer satisfaction. The relevant departments have received and welcomed your observations and will strive to improve upon them. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in London Kind Regards The Hostel Managing Team