Davies Court Reviews

56 East India Dock Road, London, England

Really excellent hostel. Not too far from the DLR, and the rooms are a really good value. I was a little surprised when my "2 bed female dorm" turned out to be mixed, but fortunately it was a good experience. Both staff and residents were very pleasant.

good place, good value, not a great location but right next to the tube so overall I definitely recommend

I enjoyed myweekend location good for day trips into London, reception very good.

• 10th Jul 2014

A great find and great location / value for money! I have already told others about it. Many Thanks

• 9th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

A very nice, welcoming and friendly place, and excellent value at £25. The only minor point was the unexpected lack of a towel - standard, apparently.

• 31st May 2014

Dear sir thank you for your kind comments. We are sorry you were disappointed at the lack of towels. They are considered personal items and as such, residents provide their own. However the reception can sometimes provide towels for short term guests upon request.

Reception was very friendly and welcoming. The room was good and great value for the cost. However, I didn't know there would be no tower in my room and it was difficult to shower.

Although the halls of residence is located some distance from the city centre, the night bus 15 stops directly opposite the hall (University of Cumbria stop). My room and facilities were at a very good rate. My room which was in a flat, contained a TV, desk, washbasin and good storage space. However there is no crockery or cutlery in the shared kitchen.

Dear Sir Thank you for your feedback as this helps us meet future customer expectations. Our residents tend to be long term guests and bring/buy their own crockery, cutlery utensils etc. The hostel does have a supply of various items for loan for a small refundable deposit but most short term guests tend to dine out or purchase ready meals and disposable items. Thank you for staying with us.

I love the place, the only problem is that the internet is with a cable (not included in the room), so there is no wifi available.

• 17th May 2014
  • Colombia

Thank you for your kind comments New for this summer is the installation of WiFi available throughout the entire hostel (not just in reception or public areas, so you have the privacy and convenience of surfing in your room. ALL INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. We look forward to welcoming you back to DaviesCourt

Very professional and very kind people at reception. In way of improving I would improve insonority of rooms and brakes on doors due to unrespectful people.

• 16th May 2014
  • Spain

Dear sir Thank you for your kind comments which have been passed on to the team. We work hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Davies Court

It's students apartment! Cheap! Quite near Financial Street! Staff are friendly, he led me to the room and show me every thing. Five doors to go to your room, very Safe. and there is a fridge in the room. generally, very good if you want to save money.

• 13th May 2014
  • China

The rooms look totally different than those in the photos! But all in all a good hostel, especially when you want to be close to the canary wharf, dlr or excel exhibition centre. Plus the bus straight to the city stops just outside the door. Although, minus for not having a single hairdryer for hire...

Highly recommended for lower-budget travelers who would like to experience London . The location is very communicative and only 15 min by public transport to the City or just a 10 min walk to the Canary Wharf. The staff is very helpful and welcoming.hanks to Davies Courts staff their cooperation with directions and advice.

• 8th May 2014
  • Bulgaria

good hotel to stay for little amount of money ,the bedroom was comfortable but not clean at all, smelly as well but everything else was good, I would say this is what you get for 18 pounds a nigh in a good place in London

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Greece

Dear sir Thank you for your comments which have been passed on to the team. We work hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Davies Court

The staff helped me to get some information I needed from the internet, which was really kind since I didn't have a laptop or phone there. They also told me where the nearest tube station was. They are really helpful and nice. Thanks!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Dear Madam It was a pleasure to receive such kind feedback and will be passed onto the team here at Davies Court We always try to exceed customer expectation and look forward to being of service on your next visit to London. Thank you one again

Very helpful staff and very probably the best quality/price ratio. I recommend this place.

• 15th Apr 2014

The bathroom and rest room were a bit dirty. The shower is very inconvenient(they way it is installed and they way it works).

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Dear Madam Thank you for your feedback We apologize for the way the previous user left the shared common areas. They are cleaned daily and inspected through out the day but not so frequently during the night. We are also sorry you could not fit in the shower conveniently. We look forward to being of service for your next visit to London and thank you for choosing Davies Court

I think it is Better for School classes or Long Term Reservations than for backpackers

tv wasn't connected :(

Dear sir thank you for your comment. We discovered the aerial socket had become detached and was reaffixed and made secure by the maintenance department. Otherwise thank you for staying with us.

The hostel is not very central but they're very good transportations. The cleaning was excellent and we did not feel like sharing toilet and showers. The kitchen was also very clean and charming.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Dear madam thank you for your kind words. Also whilst not located in Central London, Davies Court is right on the doorstep of Canary Wharf the Financial District and head office area of major banks and financial institutions together with numerous dining and entertainment choices and it's many attractions, We are also ideal for The O2 world famous venue and the 2012 Olympic Park shopping complex of Stratford Westfield, only a quick journey on the DLR.

The location was awful, plain awful, in one of the worst parts of the city. There was no wifi (they make you actually buy an ethernet cable from them), a completely under equipped kitchen and no reading lights or plugs near the bed. Atmosphere? There was no atmosphere whatsoever. and for the key they want a god damn £30 deposit! Or else they take your bloody passport. It looks like a good price but the fact is that you have to take two trains to get absolutely anywhere interesting. Staff were ok

Canary Wharf is a desirable area of London, located in Zone 2 of the very extensive transport network with buses directly going to the Regent Street and Piccadilly areas whilst directly passing many major Central London photogenic and important landmarks. There never was WiFi you can buy Ethernet cables from all good PC shops, we sell them as a service for those not bringing one. Residents like to personalise their rooms and bring their own crockerty , cutlery etc. Thank you for saying with us.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4