Davies Court Reviews

56 East India Dock Road, London, England

tv wasn't connected :(

Dear sir thank you for your comment. We discovered the aerial socket had become detached and was reaffixed and made secure by the maintenance department. Otherwise thank you for staying with us.

The hostel is not very central but they're very good transportations. The cleaning was excellent and we did not feel like sharing toilet and showers. The kitchen was also very clean and charming.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Dear madam thank you for your kind words. Also whilst not located in Central London, Davies Court is right on the doorstep of Canary Wharf the Financial District and head office area of major banks and financial institutions together with numerous dining and entertainment choices and it's many attractions, We are also ideal for The O2 world famous venue and the 2012 Olympic Park shopping complex of Stratford Westfield, only a quick journey on the DLR.

The location was awful, plain awful, in one of the worst parts of the city. There was no wifi (they make you actually buy an ethernet cable from them), a completely under equipped kitchen and no reading lights or plugs near the bed. Atmosphere? There was no atmosphere whatsoever. and for the key they want a god damn £30 deposit! Or else they take your bloody passport. It looks like a good price but the fact is that you have to take two trains to get absolutely anywhere interesting. Staff were ok

Canary Wharf is a desirable area of London, located in Zone 2 of the very extensive transport network with buses directly going to the Regent Street and Piccadilly areas whilst directly passing many major Central London photogenic and important landmarks. There never was WiFi you can buy Ethernet cables from all good PC shops, we sell them as a service for those not bringing one. Residents like to personalise their rooms and bring their own crockerty , cutlery etc. Thank you for saying with us.

Everything was very good except maybe for the kitchen, which was worn out, but it was well equipped and it's what you expect from a hostel! I didn't take part in anything with the other residents but I'm sure it can be very nice to spend time there with your friends (I was alone in a twin room). It was clean and the staff was very kind.

• 21st Aug 2013

I had a great time!

For the price and privacy it is a very good no thrills place to stay. Accommodation is very basic. Single bed TV and a sink in the bathroom with a shared bathroom.

• 10th Aug 2013

Excellent

• 23rd Jun 2013

Fantastic place to stay, right by the Canary Wharf and only 10 minutes to the City. And so cheap ! The Staffs were extremely helpful and friendly . My room was in the older part of the hoste but was clean and airy and had a shared kitchen which I used for breakfast , brilliant. Showers and toilets were more than enough as there was no waiting and were clean but smelled of disinfectant. Will definitely stay again + have recommended Davies Court to my friends on Facebook. Thankyou Hostelworld

• 13th Jun 2013

This place is an absolute disgrace. We had booked two single rooms for two nights but checked out after the first. Unfortunately we weren't able to see the rooms when we arrived as they had not been 'cleaned' and so after a day in London it was 11pm before we were aware of the full horror that is 'Davies Court.' The 'Spitalfield' flat on the top floor makes King's Cross sewers look like an attractive proposition. The bathrooms obviously have never been cleaned and were covered in grime, pooh..

• 17th May 2013

Dear Shaz Thank you for your comments as this gives us the opportunity to improve our cusomer expectations. We can confirm that you arrived too early to occupy the room as current guests have rooms until 10.30. New guests can not check in until after 12.00 at the earliest to allow for the room to be prepared. We are sorry if the SHARED PUBLIC AREAS did not meet with your expectations of our hostel. We take great pride in providing an efficient and professional service to all our clients.

Nice hostel. Note that you need an Ethernet cable to be able to use the Internet, there is no Wii. Otherwise all good!

The only thing I will say is that the bathrooms all need to be upgraded and cleaned properly, other than that it's a really good place to stay.

The staff was lovely. And you have access with the DLR to all central lines, and Westferry DLR station is of about 3 min walking distance. Good value for money. Would definitely recommend...

• 10th May 2013
  • Bulgaria

Unhelpful, unfriendly and unprofessional staff. Quite unavailable reception. The watchperson was actually sleeping and overhearing the door bell. Unhelpful with a reservation problem. Nice rooms, but my room wasn't cleaned and sheets not replaced when I moved in, i.e. unhygienic rooms.

• 5th May 2013
  • Switzerland

Overall the hostel was pretty nice and the staff were very good. I was told the check out time was 10:30am, but at 9:30am the housekeeper was knocking on the door and telling me I had to get out so she could clean. I told her I would be gone by 10:30, but she told me she didn't have time to wait and come back to the room. The room also didn't appear to have been cleaned prior to my arrival. The sheets were dirty with spills and someone's hair all over them, so I had to wash the bedding first

• 2nd May 2013

Hi Melissa, Thank you for your feedback and sharing your concerns with us. We do apologise for the manner you've been treated by a member of our cleaning team. We would investigate and ensure that there's no repeat performance. Regards Chi Davies Court

Dirty rooms, not cleaned, rubbish in rooms, old and tatty, needs refurbishment, dirty carpets, grummy. Horrible

Very good for the price, clean, comfortable, secure, good facilities, only downside is the £8 per night parking charge they dont hit you with till you arrive very expensive considering there was only one other car in the car park so they aren't exactly pushed for spaces... Other than that I highly recommend!

• 15th Apr 2013

we have to pay deposit for keys(£30). i didn't know that until when i check in. i suppose the hostel should notice about the deposit on the internet or something :-( actually, staff was very friendly and kind :) they kept my luggage after check out(no charge). it was very helpful for me. thanks!

• 5th Apr 2013
  • Japan

hopefully there will be more sockets available

the bathroom ensuie ok but why full of water?? i had to get in in my shoes and i couldnt do the shower.

Not an even fvcking toilet paper! No service, nothing, very poor staff.

• 18th Feb 2013