Davies Court Reviews

56 East India Dock Road, London, England

Nice staff, relatively good room (though not particularly clean), conveniently located near DLR station however be warned: YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN TOWEL. They are not even available for hire. I did not realise this as it is not mentioned during the booking process and I could therefore not shower. Thankfully I was only there for one night however I did find it quite ridiculous.

• 23rd Aug 2014

I arrived after 8pm and was initially told I could not pay as the office was shut and I would have to leave my Passport in exchange for keys! After some discussion they decided someone could use their credit card machine but I was also charged £30 deposit for room key. It is also not clear when booking that you have to provide your own towels. Because I left early in the morning there was no one to refund my key deposit so had to ring later in the day to do it by phone. Lovely rooms though.

• 18th Aug 2014

I really liked the stay. The staff was very nice and good. A bit outside the exact center but only about 20 minutes. Has some faults +Has a laundry room (washing machines and driers) but are quite expensive. - A wash cycle 3.2 pounds and drier 1 pound +Free Wifi all over and ethernet connection in rooms +Elevator to all floors +Big shared kitchen -but quite dirty Bathroom quite big but looked uncleanly and rusting. Would go again though and do reccommend.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Iceland

Pretty basic accommodation but for a one or two night stay in London on a budget, you would struggle to beat it. Good location with the DLR very close nearby and a reasonable journey time to the central/tourist destinations. Staff were friendly and the actual facilities were very good for the price. The bed was not the most comfortable but that is to be expected for the cost although one issue was no toilet paper in the ensuite bathroom. Would definitely use again for the price.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Wales

If you are wanting a break from the hectic and trashy London hostel scene then this is the perfect break. Cheap private rooms (some with own ensure) fridge and tv in room with kitchen at the end of each corridor. Easy access into the city with westferry dlr a 3 min walk away. Student digs but was very quiet while I was there. Amazing fast Wifi (believe this is a new addition). You will not make friends here as its not a hostel scene

Stayed here overnight, as I was stopping over London, and it was an extremely pleasant short stay. Staff were very kind from checking in to checking out (even as I missed the timing to check out by a bit, the staff were not too fussed). Room was perfect, with shared bathroom and kitchen looking perfect. Location is a bit isolated, but you do have the DLR from Canary Wharf; plus buses right outside, which take you most places. Great stay.

• 7th Aug 2014

I especially liked the welcome at the reception. Davies court is organised in small flats with a kitchen, shared bathrooms and 6-7 individual bedrooms, very confortables and with facilities : small fridge, a TV and a sink. Buses in front of the residence and five minutes walk to the metro

• 26th Jul 2014

Nice staff. good location with convenient transportation

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • China

The staff is simply amazing! They are so kind and friendly, always there to help or make your journey more memorable :) The hostel may be a little bit far from the center but with all the public transportation you have acces to it's really easy to go where ever you want and to bus station is just in front of the hostel. Plus, you have a grocery near the hostel, acces to a kitchen and I had my own room, for the price it totally worth it. Thank you so much guys I really enjoyed my time with you.

Thank you for your kind feedback. I will pass your comments to the Davies Court Team Best Wishes To You The Hostel Manager

It is not really a hostel, so if you are looking for a hostel experience it wouldn't be my first option, but i am not usually the whole day at the hostel, i was just spending the night there, it offers good value for money and it's quite easy to find. There is a lot of security. The staff was lovely and really helpful. There are some markets nearby if you are in need of something, and the subway/train station is really really near.

Really excellent hostel. Not too far from the DLR, and the rooms are a really good value. I was a little surprised when my "2 bed female dorm" turned out to be mixed, but fortunately it was a good experience. Both staff and residents were very pleasant.

good place, good value, not a great location but right next to the tube so overall I definitely recommend

More like a student dormitory rather than a hostel, but the facilities were great. Excellent price, considering you have a private room with personal bathroom, desk, and TV. The internet connection was very fast via ethernet cable and the recently implemented WIFI worked great as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Not exactly close to city center, but a short bus/metro ride to basically anywhere. Really enjoyed my time here and will be my go-to spot when I return to London.

I enjoyed myweekend location good for day trips into London, reception very good.

• 10th Jul 2014

A great find and great location / value for money! I have already told others about it. Many Thanks

• 9th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

A very nice, welcoming and friendly place, and excellent value at £25. The only minor point was the unexpected lack of a towel - standard, apparently.

• 31st May 2014

Dear sir thank you for your kind comments. We are sorry you were disappointed at the lack of towels. They are considered personal items and as such, residents provide their own. However the reception can sometimes provide towels for short term guests upon request.

Reception was very friendly and welcoming. The room was good and great value for the cost. However, I didn't know there would be no tower in my room and it was difficult to shower.

Although the halls of residence is located some distance from the city centre, the night bus 15 stops directly opposite the hall (University of Cumbria stop). My room and facilities were at a very good rate. My room which was in a flat, contained a TV, desk, washbasin and good storage space. However there is no crockery or cutlery in the shared kitchen.

Dear Sir Thank you for your feedback as this helps us meet future customer expectations. Our residents tend to be long term guests and bring/buy their own crockery, cutlery utensils etc. The hostel does have a supply of various items for loan for a small refundable deposit but most short term guests tend to dine out or purchase ready meals and disposable items. Thank you for staying with us.

I love the place, the only problem is that the internet is with a cable (not included in the room), so there is no wifi available.

• 17th May 2014
  • Colombia

Thank you for your kind comments New for this summer is the installation of WiFi available throughout the entire hostel (not just in reception or public areas, so you have the privacy and convenience of surfing in your room. ALL INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. We look forward to welcoming you back to DaviesCourt

Very professional and very kind people at reception. In way of improving I would improve insonority of rooms and brakes on doors due to unrespectful people.

• 16th May 2014
  • Spain

Dear sir Thank you for your kind comments which have been passed on to the team. We work hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Davies Court

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5