Dawn's Lodge Reviews

Esmeraldas E4-86 and Los R�os st., San Blas., Quito, Ecuador

We had a wonderful stay with Luis, Alba and their family. They gave us lots of valuable information and went out of there way to help us in anyway they could. Will definitely be going back when we are next in Quito.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Luis and Alba were very helpful and friendly. Luis went out of his way to assist with directions, maps etc. The building is quaint and location is excellent in terms of the old town, but there is an empty block across the road with 6 dogs that bark (as a pack) at every movement in the street so we couldn't have the windows/doors open as it was too noisy and therefore the room was hot. Also, had cold or lukewarm showers as could not get the hot water to work.

• 20th Jul 2014

Loved our stay here, the staff were incredibly helpful and just wonderful people. Unfortunately we only had one night here and had to take a really early flight out, Luis was so kind and hospitable, he got up at 3 am to drive us to the airport because none of the cabs would take us. The room was large, comfortable, and very clean. Next time I come back I'll definitely be staying here again. Thank you Jumbo Lodging for the wonderful stay!

Not the traditional hostel experience but Luis is an amazing guy, really treats you like family. Especially great if you are a solo female traveller. He tells you all the best places to go and exactly how to get there cheaply and easily. Highly recommended!

• 13th Jul 2014

Had such a wonderful stay at Jumbo Lodging that I went back the next time I was in Quito. Luis is an incredible host. I had been travelling in South America for five months by the time I stayed here and it was the best place I stayed. Luis drove us to the teleferico on our first morning and later took me to his recommended travel agency (a one and a half hour round trip across the city) all for no extra cost. Unlimited tea, coffee and breakfast were all excellent too.

Very nice hostel. The owner Luis is very helpful. He will help you with anything you need with a big smile. The breakfast is very good (even better than in a lot of hotels with better ratings). Rooms are big and clean. It's a small place but the owners make you feel at home as soon as you enter the hostel.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Great place to stay felt very welcome almost like part of the family Thanks

• 24th May 2014

We only stayed at Jumbo Lodging for one night as it was a little pricey for us on a longer term basis. We chose Jumbo because it was based in the Old City, had an airport pick up available, and had recieved excellent reviews. The reviews were well deserved. Luis was really friendly even though it was late, and we spent the drive into the city chatting. We had the whole beautifully restored house to ourselves, and a delicious home cooked breakfast next morning. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Luis and his family were super nice with us. Their home is a nice oasis & the breakfast were delicious! I strongly recommend Jumbo Lodging

• 5th Apr 2014