Dawn's Lodge Reviews

Esmeraldas E4-86 and Los R�os st., San Blas., Quito, Ecuador

This was a perfect place to stay in Quito. The wonderful owner,Luis picked us up at the airport and after 36 hours of travelling we fell into big comfortable beds and slept like a baby. The hotel is quiet , breakfast was great and the area was both beautiful and safe to walk to everything. Couldn't ask for a better location. Only disappointment was no hot water but I have read that's a problem all over Ecuador We are returning and have booked a room for friends later this month.

• 10th Dec 2014

I loved Dawn's Lodge. The rooms are spacious, the neighbourhood is safe and Luís, the host, and his family are amongst the nicest people I've ever met. We really enjoyed our stay.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

We had a wonderful stay with Luis, Alba and their family. They gave us lots of valuable information and went out of there way to help us in anyway they could. Will definitely be going back when we are next in Quito.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Luis and Alba were very helpful and friendly. Luis went out of his way to assist with directions, maps etc. The building is quaint and location is excellent in terms of the old town, but there is an empty block across the road with 6 dogs that bark (as a pack) at every movement in the street so we couldn't have the windows/doors open as it was too noisy and therefore the room was hot. Also, had cold or lukewarm showers as could not get the hot water to work.

• 20th Jul 2014

Loved our stay here, the staff were incredibly helpful and just wonderful people. Unfortunately we only had one night here and had to take a really early flight out, Luis was so kind and hospitable, he got up at 3 am to drive us to the airport because none of the cabs would take us. The room was large, comfortable, and very clean. Next time I come back I'll definitely be staying here again. Thank you Jumbo Lodging for the wonderful stay!

Not the traditional hostel experience but Luis is an amazing guy, really treats you like family. Especially great if you are a solo female traveller. He tells you all the best places to go and exactly how to get there cheaply and easily. Highly recommended!

• 13th Jul 2014

Had such a wonderful stay at Jumbo Lodging that I went back the next time I was in Quito. Luis is an incredible host. I had been travelling in South America for five months by the time I stayed here and it was the best place I stayed. Luis drove us to the teleferico on our first morning and later took me to his recommended travel agency (a one and a half hour round trip across the city) all for no extra cost. Unlimited tea, coffee and breakfast were all excellent too.

Very nice hostel. The owner Luis is very helpful. He will help you with anything you need with a big smile. The breakfast is very good (even better than in a lot of hotels with better ratings). Rooms are big and clean. It's a small place but the owners make you feel at home as soon as you enter the hostel.

• 21st Jun 2014