Dawn's Lodge Reviews

Esmeraldas E4-86 and Los R�os st., San Blas., Quito, Ecuador

The owner and his family were very nice. The location is fairly close to the central area. Great value.

• 25th Mar 2015

Luis was more than helpful when I ran into problems with my ATM card. He took me to numerous banks to see if my card would work. The location of the hostel is great and I felt comfortable walking around at night to the restaurants in the San Blas area. The breakfasts were healthy and fresh. My daughter and I felt totally safe at this location. My only complaint is the lack of drawers/hangers as we were there 3 days.

• 4th Mar 2015

We spent a total of three nights at this hostel, two nights during our visit to Quito and then our final night in Ecuador. The hostel is located only a short walk from the main square in Old Town, but is in a quieter area than the noisy center. It is spotlessly clean and the room was comfortable with a large bed. The breakfasts are cooked to order and included everything from cereal to eggs.

The most welcoming place we have stayed on our travels. Lewis was so helpful with lots of great advice on things to see and do. Lewis also spent time helping us out with our spanish. The breakfast was also amazing. This place is a great place to stay.

• 26th Jan 2015

if you arrive first time in Ecuador, its a great stay, host Luis is very hospitable and great. also rooms are clean. breakfast is also very good.

Would highly recommend this place. Louis was so lovely and couldn't do more to help us! Thanks

Easy acces to buses and metro. Close to old downtown, the historic center. Very friendly, well educared staff, always willing to provide advices, recommendations of places to viait and help with directions. Excellent breakfast. Cozy place. They make you feel like part of the family.

This was a perfect place to stay in Quito. The wonderful owner,Luis picked us up at the airport and after 36 hours of travelling we fell into big comfortable beds and slept like a baby. The hotel is quiet , breakfast was great and the area was both beautiful and safe to walk to everything. Couldn't ask for a better location. Only disappointment was no hot water but I have read that's a problem all over Ecuador We are returning and have booked a room for friends later this month.

• 10th Dec 2014