Day Hostel Reviews

Flat D6, Block D, 10 Floor, Chungking Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Worth the price. Sherie, leovy, Peter, they are all very nice. Transport is also very convenient.

Best experience I have had in the Chunking Mansion hotels so far. Dev was very helpful during checkout and help me get to the bus for the airport on time and safe.

It was in the best lovation for sure, but I don't really liked it. Well, normally when it says it is a mixed dormitory, I expect the bathroom to be with a lock. Worst experience ever.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • China

Chungking mansion is definitely worth the experience. Even though the room is really small, it was surprisingly clean and the facilities are modern. It's an adventure already to get to the room. We only met Preet from the staff but he seemed very competent and he was basically available 24/7. People trying to sell you accomodation on the ground floor are a little bit annoying.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Even though Chungking Mansion is not, the hostel facilities were clean. To get to the rooms on the 17th floor you have to take stairs from the top elevator levels. On these you might encounter rats and/or cockroaches. Room was clean with good shower and AC. You only get one key per room and it sometimes took the staff a while to open the main door on 17th floor. Unpleasant wait in the heat. Staff member Preet was helpful to us,but is asking for a pos. review via wechat for weeks since then

i really appreciated the help with setting up my visa for china. staff wasn't overly helpful with things to do in HK. although i still had a great time and would recommend the hostel i only liked the second room i was given, as it was on the tenth floor. don't accept a room on the 6th!

The building itself isn't the cleanest, the stairwells are particularly dirty, but the rooms and clean and comfortable. There's AC and individual safes. Raj is super friendly and help you out with anything you need.

• 23rd May 2015

Excellent location. Room is very small but it is clean and cheap.

• 22nd May 2015

The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They made me feel welcome and safe as an older woman travelling alone, despite the hustle and bustle of the Kowloon streets below. My room was small with no window, but it was clean and comfortable. I had a good night's sleep. If I ever have to stay in Kowloon again I will definitely stay there again. It is very convenient for travelling around the city as it is on the airport bus route as well as on the MTR.

• 9th May 2015
  • New Zealand

very good place

I stayed in 17th floor, and I felt very comfortable. I recommend you to stay in 17th floor but not in 6th floor. 6th floor was not remodeled when I stayed there.

The room was VERY small, but clean and the wifi worked well. The TV did not work, but I'm not too bothered about that. The staff were polite and helpful. As a single woman, I found entering Chungking Mansions and getting the elevator a bit intimidating at first, but I did not encounter any threats to my personal safety during my stay.

Thanks Preet for giving me a free upgrade to a single room at this late check in!

very nice staff!

I have been to so many hostels In Hong Kong that by 100% That its for sure the best hostel In Hong Kong.

The Days Hostel staff members are very friendly and helpful. Deep and Kevin are very organized and helpful at the front desk. They let me store my luggage there after I checked out. Peter changed the sheets and cleaned the rooms each day. The dorm was very cozy and quiet. The A/C and WiFi in the room worked very well. It was a bit difficult getting to the hostel due to the old elevator and building setup but overall, it was a good experience, worth the money.

A very good stay! Just in the center of Hong Kong with everything you need in the Mansions. The hostel was very clean and the staff always friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Deep, Peter and Chris who made my stay as comfortable and nice as possible. Would definetely stay there again when in Hong Kong.

Completely over rated hostel. Booked the 2 bedroom room and the staff tried to trick us to stay at a hostel 4 floors down and quality wise much inferior. Although it is quite central I would not recommend young women or families to stay there. Chung king mansions is not a place for them. The staff are really insistent in telling customers to give a good review (the main reason for such a high %). For only 100HKD more per person we stayed at a good hotel the next night

I booked this "Day hostel" located at 10th floor, it was ok according to the photo, but when I check in, they put me in another hostel at 6th floor with very dirty toilet which is also share by other staff working for them, it was a very unpleasant stay, good luck if you book this hostel.

All of the staff was great. There concern was your comfort. The place is very nice especially for the price. Highly recommend this place.

• 31st Mar 2015