Day Hostel Reviews

Flat D6, Block D, 10 Floor, Chungking Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Awesome ... great even for the whole family ....

When I arrived I was put into a room the size of a cupboard. On the second night they invited me to move to a bigger room, so I appreciated that! Staff were friendly but having arrived on Floor 10D to register it took a long time to get through the rabbit-warren corridors of Chunking Mansions to find the Day Hostel where the staff didn't seem to be ready to receive me. It was very inconvenient, especially for others who arrived with me and were carrying heavy luggage! Staff very laid back!

The 6th floor is horrible, rooms are dirty as the toilet. Just one bathroom with shower and toilet for two dorm rooms and the staff. You're lucky when you get the possibily to use the bathroom because you share it with at least 15 persons or more. As long as you don't complain you won't have a problem but when you do, the staff ignores you for solving the problem. People making fire in the stairway to burn waste, blood on the floor of the entrance because of a fight of the shop owners downstairs

You are lucky when you stay at the 10th floor...but when it's really busy on the weekends then you get the dorms at the 6th floor, which are not even half as nice as the other rooms...

theres a fridge and microwave so its possible to cook some simple food which was very nice. staff could have been a little more friendly and more organized (they kept checking in people to the room even if the 4 beds were obviously occupied) overall a good experience

I had a very bad experience with this hostel! Lives up to the ChungKing Mansions bad reputation! Online they advertised the room as 24RMB a night for a single private room, an incredible bargain. 4 hours after I booked the hostel emailed me and told the room was actually 240 HKD a night. I decided this was okay and booked anyway. When I arrived they said they only had dorm rooms, I said fine but I wanted all female they agreed then put a man in the room 10 minutes later! Terrible terrible!

This hostel is allow people smoking in the dorms , This was cause us will not stay here anymore. for single room is ok, even small, but it had equipments that you need in the room.

I have stayed in budget hostels before but this is by far the worst. It is located in the building full of immigrants,everything is dirty and quite scary at night as some also try to seel you drugs. There are no locks on the door of the room and there is only one "bathroom"-toilet and a hole on the floor next to it where you are supposed to take a shower-for the whole floor. Many people I met there tried to cancel reservation and found themselves other hostel the next day. Avoid it!!!

Yes, this is cheap accommodation for HK - but you get what you pay for. After the initial shock of having to walk through a very dilapidated, cheap & sleazy market & a very unpleasant & impatient male desk attendant, the room was tiny ,but clean & OK for 1 night. (After complaining about first room I was given). Location is convenient. Latch on door needed for solo female traveller tto feel secure at night. Christi & Anita were lovely though

This hostel is conveniently located in Kowloon, close to the harbour and the metro stations. However, getting to your room may be a challenge, as the elevator is always crowded, and you have to wait in line in order to get in. On your way to the elevator, be prepared to navigate a maze of little shops, where the aggressive vendors will offer you their products. The air conditioner in our room was really loud and could not be adjusted. It has only on and off modes. We also had loud neighbours.

good staff managment especially Mr John is so helpful .Good cleaning staff cristy.anita manjeeet .good smiling manager john and sherrie i stayed there free coffee fast wifi good bed good 24 hour cctv secure location dont get upset with lift reviews people can use Block E exit and entrance while checkin and check out .less crowded and better to use all day .

• 26th Jun 2014