Day Hostel Reviews

Flat D6, Block D, 10 Floor, Chungking Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

When i arrived to the hostel, the staff welcome me excellent. At the begining they send me to a very small room, with the bed almost touching the roof, i asked to change it and thanks to Preet and Harry help they changed me to other room with a very good bed. I meet other staff member named Raaj, he helped me in everything and always asked me if i am feeling comfortable. Raaj is a very helpfull person, and when Raaj is not available, Peter always helped me in everything. All staff are great!!!!!

Always trying to avoid Chung King Mansion, but its prices and location are winning. And Day Hostel left the best impression on me. The staff was very friendly especially manager Johny, spoke good English; the room was tiny (standard for chung king mansion) but it was very clean, clean bedding, bathroom, floor, towels, all was cleaned up before arrival of the next customer. Also i booked Single private, but when i arrived the guys upgraded my room to Double one.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Russia

Hong Kong Hostels in their facilities are very basic. Small, but very clean and the staff is extraordinary helpful. I was welcomed very nicely by Sherie, Deep and John and in my extended stay of three days Harry, Preet, Love and Chris took very good care of my room, changed my bed sheets and provided me with fresh towels.

• 16th Mar 2015

A trivial hostel in good location for resonable price. An amazing staff made my staying there just awesome. A lady named Love is very helpful and kind as well as the other employers. Anything you need or want is easily made and helped out by the staff. Highly recommended.

I was very pleased with my stay at the Days Hostel! The Chunking Mansions has really improved, it wasn't as crawling with touts and seedy types as it was a few years ago when I last visited HK (but still plenty of cheap, delicious Indian food!). The hostel was great, very clean and recently renovated. The room was reasonably sized. Most of all, the staff was VERY friendly. A special shout out to Johnny and Sherry, who were very friendly and professional! I'll be sure to stay here next time!

Good facilities and great staff at an unbeatable price. No common space for meeting people, but this is Chungking Mansion so that's just how it is. My only complaint is that the staff turns the light on when new guests check in after 11:00PM and then forgets to turn it off again. Hope they can be more considerate in the future. The desk staff are very hospitable and funny--especially Cris, Love, and Dave are awesome. :)

The hostel is clean and the staff is really nice, especially Harry was very helpful. The location is in the center, 1 min walk from the metro and few mins from the pier, but Chunking Mansion has also the most dangerous and scary market I've ever seen. The sellers are pushy and the elevators are slow and crowded.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Hungary

The staff were friendly and helpful. It's the best decorated and cleanest of 3 different hotels I stayed at in the Chungking Mansions. However due to walls at the ends of the bed I couldn't stretch my legs out fully (I'm 178cm btw). Nice for shorter people.

Friendly staffs Raj and Peter were very kind to me and everything went well. Thanks!

Very good location on Kowloon, superfriendly staff especially Raj. One minus for that they had only one shared bathroom. Hostel is in chunking mansion, so you cannot expect too much. In my opinion the room was way more better and roomier than I exepted.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Finland

Perfect location, very nice staff especially Raaj and Manjid!

Excellent staff , great location and value. Tidy well kept rooms

The hostel was about average for the price(not a bargain, but also not overpriced either) , and it was clean and safe. There are no facilities except the front desk. The bed was comfortable but the dorm room was a little cramp with 4 beds, but I did not expect much from Chungking Mansions. It was a good place to stay for the night, but I would get something better with more facilities if staying more than a night.

The hostel staff are very friendly and helpful. The location in the heart of Kowloon is excellent, and the price is extremely reasonable for Kowloon. The room is quite small, but facilities are very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hostel to other travellers.

• 20th Dec 2014

Awesome ... great even for the whole family ....

When I arrived I was put into a room the size of a cupboard. On the second night they invited me to move to a bigger room, so I appreciated that! Staff were friendly but having arrived on Floor 10D to register it took a long time to get through the rabbit-warren corridors of Chunking Mansions to find the Day Hostel where the staff didn't seem to be ready to receive me. It was very inconvenient, especially for others who arrived with me and were carrying heavy luggage! Staff very laid back!