Day Hostel Reviews

Flat D6, Block D, 10 Floor, Chungking Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I can't speak for the rest of Chunking Mansion which is rather dirty and sketchy, but Days Hostel has a very friendly and helpful staff that will assist you any way they can. They made sure to supply us with clean towels daily and fixed our safe within the hour that we told them it was broken. The hostel is across the street from the subway station and close to the Garden of Stars and Ferry. It is easy to get anywhere in the city quickly. Overall, would recommend.

• 27th Jan 2016

Although the staff were very friendly and as accommodating as they could be, the hostel was not up to scratch, to say the least. It is situated in a busy, dirty complex with only two elevators serving the block meaning waiting time to get up to the hostel was often over 20 minutes. Once you get up to the hostel, you're greeted by mould and grime. This hostel is in a happening area of Hong Kong and the staff are lovely but I certainly won't be staying here again due to the poor living standards.

The place is disgusting. Good Luck if you are planning to stay there!

• 25th Dec 2015

Their was only one bathroom. It took a long time to get in there. There was mold in the bathroom that had my allergies acting up. The bedroom was very small to have 6 beds in it

There was some shower hot water issue and a missing towel due to the cleaning guy being new at the job. It happens, not a big deal, the ladies at the front desk were very nice and made up for it through their good attitude the next day. This place is basically a good value place, in one of the happening two areas of HK. Worth considering this place, it is also within walking distance to many places.

thanks for your stay with us ,we look forward to rectify the trouble you have been through

I was at Day Hostel for 2 nights. It was very easy to find it and to get there. The staff, in my case Sam, couldn't be more help full and kind. I truly recommend this place for everyone who goes to Hong Kong.

Love, Harry, Josie, and all the staff at this place couldn't have been more helpful. Finding inexpensive accomadation in Hong Kong is a challenge, with most of the less expensive places being in Chungking and Mirador mansions. It can be hard to differentiate. I found this place to be clean, safe, and staffed by very nice people who even went out of their way to personally wash my clothes while I had to stay longer than anticipated in Hong Kong during a visa run.

Check in was abrupt and just plain rude. Rooms are fine. The mansion is an experience in itself. I would stay here again but I'd get prices upon arrival instead of booking online.

Excellent location. Room is very small and worth the price. ok to stay here if you spend all your day outside and only return to sleep expect a really messed up building.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Room was very small and had no windows, not for the clostrophobic! We had a private double onsuite and I could touch pretty much every wall if I span around with arms outstretched. The hotel was a times intimidating and uncomfortable. Its an experience so if that's what your looking for then it's probably worth spending a night or two. On the up side it's clean, cheap and in the heart of Kowloon

Lovely caring Indo-Filipino staff here: Josie,Love,Jhonny,Deep,Sherie. Dhillon Hotels in Chungking Mansions can accommodate you round where 10th floor reception is: Day; also downstairs at Day&Night,Manila,Bohol,Germany etc. Expect a box in HK: normal. But this dorm box has a roomfridge no less,clean ensuite toilet,strong WiFi, comfy bunks,towels gratis,coffee gratis by reception. No common area(but get used to Claustro HK,way it is). Most lovely thing is the staff:many thanks my friends xx

at first, we booked 3 private bed in a room, but in fact we were given 1 bed and 1 private privated (join) bed in a room. It's very different from what we expected. They said we had to wait because there was no vacant rooms fit what we expected, but we can not accept it. Though we had booked the room one month before the start date of the inn. We stayed for 6 days, they did not clean our room on the first day. The second day we called the receptionist in order to clean our room. After it was al

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Best hostel in Hong Kong! Great place to meet people and comfortable beds. 5 minutes to Causeway Bay Station.

• 28th Sep 2015

Great hostel, strange building.

• 25th Sep 2015

Raj went above and beyond to make the stay as pleasant as possible, doing things he didn't need to do. Make more like Raj!

• 22nd Sep 2015

Hostel was small but nice. There wasnt place to cook but and restaurants are around you. Staff was helpful.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Finland

Very clean hostel great location, the cleaning staff Raj and Kevin were very friendly, informative and work tirelessly to make me and my room mates stay at day hostel a delightful and comforting experiance, so much so I've booked my place here after I come back from china next month, the hostels fantastic guys keep up the good work :)

• 11th Sep 2015

Most staff were great. One, Love was really nice and helpful. One man on the night staff was so rude though. It is a shame because others were so nice. The first night I was there I was trying to get my parcel. I knew it had arrived before me because I had rung to check. He ignored me completely. Love told him to not ignore the customer. I asked to speak to his boss if he did not know anything about it. He completely refused. They found it later. No apology. He is the rudest staff I have met.

We stayed in dorms which were on 6th floor while reception was on 10th. There was no key or card and in order to get in; you just needed to enter a 4-digit number on the door which was quite ridiculous as whoever wanted could just learn in and enter easily. The locker was so small that i couldnt place my laptop in it making me feel very unsafe during the 4 nights. My friend's mobile phone got lost during the last night in the room, rather mysteriously since he never lived the room.

The staff at this hostel were very very lovely and always happy to help or chat! The location is awesome, Chunking Mansion all the way!