Day Hostel Reviews

Flat D6, Block D, 10 Floor, Chungking Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The staff at this hostel were very very lovely and always happy to help or chat! The location is awesome, Chunking Mansion all the way!

When I wanted to book a second night in the same room the next morning I could not get the price I paid the night before and that is after their advertiser David agreed a price with me of HKD 150 (slightly below the rate I paid for the previous night). Suddenly I needed to pay more! In my eyes this is bad business and this made me decide to leave this place.

Special thanks to Love, Deep and Josie!

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Sometimes it was abot hard to get WiFi, but other than that we ejoyed our time there. The staff (John, Kevin and Peter) were really friendly

Everyone was very kind and helpful, especially Love, Aman and Gary.

Great staff in the hostel, Raj and David were a great help. There isn't any communal space here, but it is a great base for exploring Hong Kong, and represents very good value. Would definitely stay here again.

I really appreciate for allowing to staying in a very comfortable place to rest. It was a pleasure meeting Leovy with her smile and her hospitality of encouragement when I need help. She is a great worker and an awesome assistance. I would love to come back again because of her great care of her customer. The other person I really thanks Josie because when saw me when I could not find what I am looking for. She came for my assistance. She help me through it and where I find things. Thank u.

It's the Chungking Mansions - great location, but you know you're not staying at the Ritz, so your expectations have to be reasonable. Saying that, I really enjoyed my stay and thought well of the hostel. The staff were friendly, particularly Kevin, the young man who works there, and the woman who cleans the rooms always greeted me with a smile. The room was kept reasonably clean and the bed was comfortable. Locks on the doors provided security. Enjoyed my stay, would recommend.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Our stay at Day Hostel was great! The location was extremely convenient; Chungking Mansion is very centrally located and only a block away from the subway. While the interior of the mansion is a little grubby, the rooms themselves were very clean and comfortable! Our hosts, Raaj and Preet in particular, were incredibly gracious and helpful. Because of an error, our three-room private was no longer available. So they gave us another room totally free of charge! They also helped do our laundry :)

• 3rd Aug 2015

The lifts, the room locks, some individual. I thought maybe this is what i should expect for the money, but i now know there is much nicer for the same or $10 more. I would recommend one, but i am not sure that's allowed in the reviews. Simply put DO not stay here. TO be fare, one of the staff was very happy and friendly, which was nice to see, but I would never recommend anyone stay here, then maybe they might sort out locks, on doors, facility's for normal stuff and general make an effort.

this is a mix dorm with 6 people in a room. The reason why we do not recommend to lock the door because people come and go every 5-10 minutes and would disturb other guest if someone open and close door. The lift problem is always full but due to lift capacity is small and it easily become full specially during rush hours otherwise, there's no problem on other hours. But lifts are not under our control. We do not own the whole building. Our concern is cleanliness of our rooms and security.

Staff was very efficient and welcoming. Room extremely small! Can hand toilet paper to someone from bed to bathroom.

Rooms are really really small (Nothing more then a bed and a fridge) and so is the bed (~1.9m). The price is good compared to Hongkongs average. Location is almost perfect, close to all important sights. Ok to stay here if you spend all your day outside and only return to sleep. Expect a really messed up building, but the hotel itself is clean!

Chungking Manor is not the nicest building. The entrance area is dirty and full of dodgy stalls. All the various hotels seem to owned by the same people. Days hotel rooms were clean and acceptable. Very small and compact but did the job. Budget accommodation. Not a hostel though.

Very friendly staff. Nice clean rooms. A great place to stay on a budget in Hong Kong.

A nice young chap named Harry Aman was very helpful in working out my early morning airport bus plans.

I did not stay in the Day night on the 10th floor but stayed in the Germain Hostel on the 6th floor so this is really a review of that. The hostel is cheap and clean for people wanting cheap clean accommodation this is the place for you. If not and you want 5 star then you will have to pay for it. The hostel staff Raj and Peter at the Germain hostel was fantastic making sure you always had clean facilities and being very helpful. I can not praise the staff enough.

Worth the price. Sherie, leovy, Peter, they are all very nice. Transport is also very convenient.

Best experience I have had in the Chunking Mansion hotels so far. Dev was very helpful during checkout and help me get to the bus for the airport on time and safe.

It was in the best lovation for sure, but I don't really liked it. Well, normally when it says it is a mixed dormitory, I expect the bathroom to be with a lock. Worst experience ever.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • China

Chungking mansion is definitely worth the experience. Even though the room is really small, it was surprisingly clean and the facilities are modern. It's an adventure already to get to the room. We only met Preet from the staff but he seemed very competent and he was basically available 24/7. People trying to sell you accomodation on the ground floor are a little bit annoying.

• 2nd Jun 2015