Day Hostel Reviews

Flat D6, Block D, 10 Floor, Chungking Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The room was VERY small, but clean and the wifi worked well. The TV did not work, but I'm not too bothered about that. The staff were polite and helpful. As a single woman, I found entering Chungking Mansions and getting the elevator a bit intimidating at first, but I did not encounter any threats to my personal safety during my stay.

Thanks Preet for giving me a free upgrade to a single room at this late check in!

very nice staff!

I have been to so many hostels In Hong Kong that by 100% That its for sure the best hostel In Hong Kong.

The Days Hostel staff members are very friendly and helpful. Deep and Kevin are very organized and helpful at the front desk. They let me store my luggage there after I checked out. Peter changed the sheets and cleaned the rooms each day. The dorm was very cozy and quiet. The A/C and WiFi in the room worked very well. It was a bit difficult getting to the hostel due to the old elevator and building setup but overall, it was a good experience, worth the money.

A very good stay! Just in the center of Hong Kong with everything you need in the Mansions. The hostel was very clean and the staff always friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Deep, Peter and Chris who made my stay as comfortable and nice as possible. Would definetely stay there again when in Hong Kong.

Completely over rated hostel. Booked the 2 bedroom room and the staff tried to trick us to stay at a hostel 4 floors down and quality wise much inferior. Although it is quite central I would not recommend young women or families to stay there. Chung king mansions is not a place for them. The staff are really insistent in telling customers to give a good review (the main reason for such a high %). For only 100HKD more per person we stayed at a good hotel the next night

I booked this "Day hostel" located at 10th floor, it was ok according to the photo, but when I check in, they put me in another hostel at 6th floor with very dirty toilet which is also share by other staff working for them, it was a very unpleasant stay, good luck if you book this hostel.

All of the staff was great. There concern was your comfort. The place is very nice especially for the price. Highly recommend this place.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Poland

This hostel is in a strange location. It's conveniently located in Tsim Sha Tsui near the railway station and water, however it's in a shared building with a market you have to pass through which is tiring to navigate. There was a sketchy drunk guy who grabbed my friend's arm one night on our way to the elevator. Otherwise, the hostel itself was clean and made good use of small space (please remember what country you're in- of course it's small). Staff was helpful as well.

The hostel was in a good location on nathan road. The staff were really friendly, especially Raj who did my laundry for free. It was a massive help.

• 27th Mar 2015

The chungking mansions was intimidating and scary at first. Lots of sketchy people lurking around. But got used to it and when you get in the hostel it's a lot better. Sometimes smelly from the pipes I think but staff very friendly and helpful. Washed my laundry for free! Got a tv in the room. Location is close to a lot of the attractions in Hong Kong. Overall good stay.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

This hostel is really good,The room was cozy and clean. I could use wifi free wherever in hostel. the location of hostel is really good. it is just center of the Hong Kong. especially the 4 staffs were extremely kind and helpful. they helped me all the time I have problems or a questions.Layin,Deep.Johny ,sherie,thanks so much !I will definitely will stay here again when I am back to Hong Kong.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

When i arrived to the hostel, the staff welcome me excellent. At the begining they send me to a very small room, with the bed almost touching the roof, i asked to change it and thanks to Preet and Harry help they changed me to other room with a very good bed. I meet other staff member named Raaj, he helped me in everything and always asked me if i am feeling comfortable. Raaj is a very helpfull person, and when Raaj is not available, Peter always helped me in everything. All staff are great!!!!!

Always trying to avoid Chung King Mansion, but its prices and location are winning. And Day Hostel left the best impression on me. The staff was very friendly especially manager Johny, spoke good English; the room was tiny (standard for chung king mansion) but it was very clean, clean bedding, bathroom, floor, towels, all was cleaned up before arrival of the next customer. Also i booked Single private, but when i arrived the guys upgraded my room to Double one.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Russia

Kevin, John, Preet and Harry were all very helpful staff. Harry, in particular, went the extra mile to help us. The rooms (albeit famously small) were very clean and safe. It is a maze to get to the room but when you get there - it is an oasis and a great home base for my sightseeing vacation with my 9 year old boy. The ground floor is very dynamic and culturally rich, but the room was quite, safe and clean. We had a very positive experience. Free coffee, TV, Wifi was a very good value.

• 21st Mar 2015

The price was alright for what you got in the room. The location was excellent, but you have to go through lots of hustlers downstairs on the first floor of the Chungking Mansions before you get to the hostel. There are really no facilities since there is only the front desk and the dorms rooms. Nothing fancy about this place.

Sort the lifts out and better English staff, because most of your clients speak English. Have more Info at hand. Get the hawker situation sorted at the entrance, totally awful!

Hong Kong Hostels in their facilities are very basic. Small, but very clean and the staff is extraordinary helpful. I was welcomed very nicely by Sherie, Deep and John and in my extended stay of three days Harry, Preet, Love and Chris took very good care of my room, changed my bed sheets and provided me with fresh towels.

• 16th Mar 2015

A trivial hostel in good location for resonable price. An amazing staff made my staying there just awesome. A lady named Love is very helpful and kind as well as the other employers. Anything you need or want is easily made and helped out by the staff. Highly recommended.