Day Hostel Reviews

Flat D6, Block D, 10 Floor, Chungking Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Very good location on Kowloon, superfriendly staff especially Raj. One minus for that they had only one shared bathroom. Hostel is in chunking mansion, so you cannot expect too much. In my opinion the room was way more better and roomier than I exepted.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Finland

Perfect location, very nice staff especially Raaj and Manjid!

Excellent staff , great location and value. Tidy well kept rooms

The hostel was about average for the price(not a bargain, but also not overpriced either) , and it was clean and safe. There are no facilities except the front desk. The bed was comfortable but the dorm room was a little cramp with 4 beds, but I did not expect much from Chungking Mansions. It was a good place to stay for the night, but I would get something better with more facilities if staying more than a night.

The hostel staff are very friendly and helpful. The location in the heart of Kowloon is excellent, and the price is extremely reasonable for Kowloon. The room is quite small, but facilities are very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hostel to other travellers.

• 20th Dec 2014

Awesome ... great even for the whole family ....

When I arrived I was put into a room the size of a cupboard. On the second night they invited me to move to a bigger room, so I appreciated that! Staff were friendly but having arrived on Floor 10D to register it took a long time to get through the rabbit-warren corridors of Chunking Mansions to find the Day Hostel where the staff didn't seem to be ready to receive me. It was very inconvenient, especially for others who arrived with me and were carrying heavy luggage! Staff very laid back!

The 6th floor is horrible, rooms are dirty as the toilet. Just one bathroom with shower and toilet for two dorm rooms and the staff. You're lucky when you get the possibily to use the bathroom because you share it with at least 15 persons or more. As long as you don't complain you won't have a problem but when you do, the staff ignores you for solving the problem. People making fire in the stairway to burn waste, blood on the floor of the entrance because of a fight of the shop owners downstairs