Dazhai Dragon's Den Hostel in Rice Terraces Reviews

Tian tou zhai, Dazhai Village, Longsheng, China

Excellent location and great food!

Thanks , have a good trip in China.

The area is amazing and the hostel really nice to stay one or two nights

Thanks. Have a good trip in China.

The hostel is in a great location for hiking up to the rice terraces, and definitely doesn't feel too touristy. It's a decent climb to the hostel (approx 50mins from the parking lot) but you can pay the ladies to carry your bags and they're super lovely. Hostel rooms are noisy, although most of the noise is from outside and it was clear the hostel were doing all they could to minimise this. Wasn't overly clean and lots of bugs around but overall a great jumping point for an amazing location.

Thanks for your suggestion. Have a good trip in China.

nice hostel. super view.

Thanks, have a good trip in China.

Great place, good food, good location, helpful staff, good wifi. No complaints.

Thank you, so happy that you like dazhai village, have a good trip in China.

I stayed in the dorm in room 201 which had AC, helpful since Guilin is very humid. It was great value for the money. The people at front desk are helpful. Told me the hiking route to ping'an and booked bus tickets to yangshuo. Would stay again

Thanks , have a good trip in China, see you!

I loved this hostel. The view from the common area was amazing and even my dorm room bed was next to a window with the same view! The common area has a good mix of tables and couches and single rocking chairs. I stayed an extra night, and spent a relaxing rainy afternoon reading by a window. The staff was super helpful: one helped me arrange transport from Guilin, the other showed me picture directions for the hike to Pingan. Only bummer was that sound carried well so it could be a little loud.

Thank you, have a good trip in China. See you!

Nice worden house, good location next to the rice terasses. I recommend the 2.5 hours walk to the Pingan village. It is a pretty walk but they arw not so many signs. You have to ask locals for the right path. Friendly staff. Good food (rice in bamboo). The sheets were a little wettish.

Thanks. Have a good trip in China.

Fairly clean by Chinese standards except for the floor which was filthy (didn't walk around barefoot for long)! Basic facilities but they do the job and what you're really paying for is the view which is great. Super locations close to the top of the mountain, not the easiest to find!

Thanks for your suggestions , have a good trip in China.

Dragon's den was an awesome hostel! Great food, really clean, nice staff, hot water, and perfect location in the rice terraces. The staff helped me book a ticket on a bus to Yangshuo and even checked in with me via email and text to make sure I had got on the right one (there was some confusion with the bus driver!).

• 23rd May 2014

Tough hike to get there, but located an easy 15 minute walk from the sunset viewpoint and a 25 minute walk to the sunrise viewpoint. Rooms were essentially like living in a wooden cabin, but the common room was very comfortable and great for meeting other travellers. Overall a great place for seeing the terraces if you don't mind the initial hike with all your stuff

Thanks. Have a good trip in China.

I had the most wonderful few days staying here; the staff were friendly and spoke good English, the bedrooms were clean and cool, the food was delicious and served swiftly and the views were sensational (particularly from the shower - best shower ever). All the best viewpoints were a close enough walk and the staff were very helpful in showing you the best routes. The walk to the hostel is tough in the midday sun but well worth it once you get there. I very much hope I can return one day.

Thanks. Hope to see you next time. Have a good trip in China.

This place is absolutely amazing: it has this astonishing view on the rice terrasses. I could have stayed for hours, just looking at it. The whole staff was extremely nice and helpful and friendly, I felt immediately welcome. They have a restaurant and lounge area with big guests tables that make it so easy to meet other travellers. I am very happy I followed the hints from the travel book and did not stay in Ping'an but did head for Dazhai. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Thanks. Welcome back next time. Have a good trip in China.

From the Dazhai bus drop off, it can be quite a hike uphill if you have big bags and might be worth paying one of the local women. Hostel location less isolated and rustic than we'd imagined, but still has beautiful views. Compared to other hostels, this one wasn't quite so plush. Although, perfectly fine for the price and considering it's essentially a hiker's hostel. Hot water is a bit on and off, and internet only takes 20 devices at a time. On the plus side we loved the downstairs commonroom

Thanks. Have a good trip in China.

A great place to stay - friendly, helpful staff and good food. It is in an amazing situation with fantastic views of the rice terraces and easy access to all the view points. Definitely going back.

Thank you, Mary. Have a good stay in China! See you next time!

You should absolutely stay here! It's one of the best hostels I've stayed in and it's in the most beautiful place that exists in China! :) The hike to the hostel was awesome, a little tough in the rain, but once we arrived, we had a clean, warm place to rest and the most incredible view. We just paid for the regular dorm, but ended up getting the best room with view and all for $5 for one night! :)The staff werd also very nice and helpful with our questions. I would definitely stay here again!:)

Thanks , Simmons. Have a good trip in China.

Dazhai Dragon's Den Hostel in Rice Terraces, Thank you for a wonderful experience I will recommend you to all my family and friends.

Thank you. So happy that you like dazhai village and our hostel. Welcome back next time. Have a good trip in China.

This is the place for you... if you can brave the 40-minute hike and letting the village elder ladies haul your luggage up the mountain. Pack lightly! Staff was more than nice. In-hostel lounge offers both Western and Chinese food and drinks. Very scenic and nice decor. Nights can be a little noisy with heavy footsteps but that should be expected with the type of village construction. Highly recommended.

• 29th Mar 2014

Thanks, Lorne. Have a good trip in China.

No hot shower when we arrived, but a magnificient view, a great staff, very good dishes, a cozy atmosphere and the snow to welcome us. A great place to stay!

Thanks. Have a good stay in China.

Staff very friendly, atmosphere very peaceful and view on the rice from hotel/bedroom window.definitely worth the hike up there.

Thank you, Guillaume. Have a good trip in China!