De Vieng Hostel Reviews

103 Inthawarorot Road, T.Sri-Phum, A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Facilities were good - but could have been cleaned more often. Nice comfy beds and good use of space but the hostel had no atmosphere and no communal areas. An easy 15 minute walk to the night market area and easy place to hail a tuk tuk or cab if need be. Lockers don't lock properly (you can pull them open if you want to) so wouldn't recommend to anyone that's tight on security. An OK place to stay, no major complaints. But not the best place I've stayed.

Modern hostel, helpful staff, VERY comfy beds & nice room layouts (own dual outlet, bedlamp, locker). Breakfast didn't look worth the $ and there's good, cheap food nearby. Washer (20 B) & dryer (20-30) available, and nice bathrooms, though no a/c/fan so it's pretty humid to get ready and change in there. Only true negative is small lobby that doesn't attract guests to linger there, so it's not a super social hostel unless you meet people in your room. But would stay here again for sure!

I have to say that I was very very happy with my stay in De Vieng Hostel. The staff were so so friendly and the location was superb also. The rooms and toilets were spotless, and the area was also quite at night so it was lovely to get a good night sleep.

This place would / could be really nice if they made sure to keep it clean. The bathrooms were really dirty and they did not keep up on cleaning them. Rooms were dirty I got there, they made the bed but did not change out the sheets, we had to ask from them to re-clean our room. For how much you pay for a bed here they should not charge for a towel. Towels are 50 baht plus 150 deposit. I know its not a lot but for the price you are paying vs other places in the area this should be included.

De Vieng Hostel is great value for money, The facilities were great and the beds were superb. It's also in a great location in the middle of Chaing Mai.

I can't say enough good things about the staff at De Vieng. Duke at the front desk and the owner went out of their way to make my stay there special.