8.5
Fabulous 199 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 199 Total Reviews
DeCadiz Cadi Located at Soledad 4, , Cadiz.
Spain
Cadiz Andalusie 11003 Soledad 4
85% 199
36.5345019 -6.3009595
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 31-40
25th Jul 2016
3.1

I'm not sure this place should really be on hostelworld.com given its not a hostel, it's a hostal (note the spelling difference) and so more like a pension with a shared kitchen and living space. Sadly I didn't enjoy my stay here. Despite the nice couple who run it I found the place lacking in atmosphere; it feels dated so could benefit hugely from being modernised. I also think the kitchen, particularly the fridge could benefit from a thorough approach to hygiene. Sadly I can't recommend it :(

Hola buenas tardes,usted reservo una habitacion individual, en ningun momento usted se relaciono con ninguna persona,solo se dedico a estar en su habitacion todo el dia sin bajar ni subir a las zonas comunes e incluso solo un dia bajo por la noche a cenar y se sento en una mesa apartada de la cocina habiendo en esos momentos otros huespedes cenando.Lo sentimos mucho creo que la que esta confundida fue usted. SOMOS UN HOSTEL, PERO NO DE FIESTA..,El criterio si debo estar en hostelwork lo decidiran esta empresa ,usted reservo una habitacion individual,es decir normalmente en los HOSTEL,no suelen haber ,de esta forma como usted comenta reservo como si fuera una pension.Muchas gracias.

• ToriiCloud
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
28th Jun 2016
7.1

This place says it has air conditioning but it didn't seem to have any in the room we stayed in. Therefore, we had to open the window and it was loud in the street while we tried to sleep. If you're cold natured and own earplugs, it's a great stay

Todas las habitaciones tienen aire acondicionado y calefacion,sobre todo en su habitacion de 10 con 3500 frigorias.Solo tenia usted que haberlo pedido.

11th Jun 2016

Nice staff and comfy beds. However, it's rather a place to stay for the night than a backpackers' home.

27th May 2016

Close to many attractions like beach. Close to bus depot and railroad station. Value for your money.

17th May 2016

A bit different from other hostels that I've seen. A wide variety of age groups were staying here but the place was mostly empty at the time. Not sure what it's like during the busier season. Overall Cadiz was a bit quieter and less touristy than other Spanish cities I visited and this hostel reflected that but it was nice to take it easy for a day. The owner was very nice and helpful. He does not speak much English but I don't speak much Spanish and it was no problem :)

5th Apr 2016

The staff are amazing. English isn't their strong point, but their passion for the city is evident and it's actually quite fun to work together to get all the information they want to impart. I had a great time, and would highly recommend staying here.

24th Mar 2016

Buena gente, buen ambiente, todo muy bien. They were very kind and welcoming, transmit a close family-like environment. Only hitch, after checking out, I went back with a friend (still staying there) to make lunch in the kitchen, not realizing this was a problem. Nobody not actually at the hostel can be inside there, which was a surprise to me, but apparently some places are strict about this. To me the explanation was a little intense, but I think that's also just cultural, very Andalucían ;)

• USA, Male, 18-24
23rd Mar 2016

Fantastic stay. From the met I entered the Hostel, late night at 11pm, the hosts were friendly and gave me all the necessary information I needed. They were very personable and approachable, creating comfortable small talk conversation the minute they met me. I enjoyed my very brief stay there and would have no problem coming back to DeCadiz Cadi if I return to Cadiz. The amenities were fine, and having a locker for my bed was a personal plus, something I had not encountered in other hostels.

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Mar 2016
7.1

It was a great place to stay, good location and, the staff were nice as well,

19th Mar 2016
5.7

After two nights the owner moved me to a ten bed hostel after pre booking a six bed with no explanation, I assume to make the six bed mixed into the four bed female. I finally had to demand the room I booked. He did the same to another guest at the hostel the night before. Also didn't let me pay in euros but charged my cc without asking.

Hola buenas tardes, se le cambio de habitacion comunicandole con antelacion que habiamos tenido un problema con una reserva,y que la habitacion donde lo ibamos a cambiar es de 10 personas aunque no meteriamos mas de 6 personas en la misma habitacion ,la cual usted habia reservo habtacion de 6 y nos dijo ok,luego mas tarde solucionamos el problema y volvio usted a su habitacion de 6 en este caso solo compartio con 3 chicas es decir 4 personas,en habitacion de 6,asi que le solucionamos el problema,Con respecto a su compañero solo habia reservado para 1 noche en habitacion de 6 el dia siguiente como no teniamos camas ,le ofrecimos otra habitacion para poder quedarse 2 dias mas fuera de su reserva,es decir una reserva nueva y se le ofrecio lo disponible,lo cual esta persona quedo conforme con su cambio, , ese fue el motivo de cambio de habitacion,lo cual a usted ni le afecta ni tiene que hacer ningun tipo de comentario.De todas maneras desde que usted entro en el hostel no fue sociable con ninguno de sus compañeros de habitacion (comentado por otros huepedes)ni con el personal del todo el hostel,solamente se dedico a estar todo el dia dentro del establecimiento ocupando un sofa solo para usted y apoderandose del mando del televisor y tomando vino.y en el momento de recordarle alguna norma general, a partir de hay fue cuando a usted lo le caimos bien.Por ultimo le recordamos que el pago se hace a su llegada y como usted entro como entro sin educacion ninguna,solo se dedico a darnos el passaporte y pedir el wiffi,pues se le cobro de la tarjeta que usted facilito para el cobro.Le recuerdo que le deberia de haber hecho el cargo 48 horas antes y lo esperamos hasta su llegada para el pago del mismo.Usted pregunto el mismo dia antes de marcharse si debia algo.Muchas gracias.