Deak Hostel Reviews

Budapest, Anker köz street 1-3, Deak square, Budapest, Hungary

Perfect location and big rooms. Too bad we have been placed in the only room being 12 sqm big (3 people) and having the rolling shutter broken, impossible to live there. Also, the first night we came back to the hostel at 5 am and we had to wait 15 min for the receptionist to open the front door (he was sleeping for sure) .The morning after, he woke us up at 9 am,thinking that we had to check out, then he made us move immediately to that tiny room (before we had a bigger one).Sleep gone.

Comfy beds in a decent location for the ruin bars but overall not a very clean space. Dirty Floors in cramped toilets and a dirty kitchen. Clueless staff. No towels or extras. No air conditioning in rooms -

The bathroom and kitchen are not nice at all. Very bad distribution, small and dirty. The showers are also very dark. It's not nice not to have your own key to enter the room, it feels somehow not safe and a lack of privacy. Also, we did not like that it was a residential building and we needed to ring a bell to enter every time. The towel rental was also unexpected, it should be included by default.

The location of this hostel is amazing. Everything else is just totally fine if you're looking for a place to just sleep and shower. No community feeling/common area but definitely worth the money if you're traveling on a budget. Did I meant ion the location is AMAZING! Metro less than a block away in which 3 of the 4 likes pass through. And 3 stops from the main train station.

It's 5 min to the metro station and easy to find. the wifi worked and the toilets were clean. Also, it was very close to the busy streets where you could buy food late night. I was having a good time there.

My stay here was more than 7 euros!First of all, the location is absolutely good! The hostel is very close to the main subway station and I could just visit most of the attraction by walk. I stayed here for 10 days and I have to change to the other room on the 8th day because of my late booking. But the staff there reconized that I was not comfortable with my new room while I didnt inform them about that.They changed the room for me and make sure that I felt comfortable.

• 21st May 2015
  • China

I strongly recommend it, because it is located in the center of the city, so it is really easy to reach it (especially with Metro). Moreover, all city's sightseeings are close, so you could go by a walk to each of them. It is so secured that it is difficult even for its guests to enter in the building - if the door downstairs is closed, you have to call on the reception and the person over there suppose to open the door. Once we were waiting 10 minutes someone to open it!

good lokation