Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club Reviews

928 Ocean Drive, Miami, Florida, USA

The relationship between money and quality is good for a hostek located in ocean drive, the 6 mix room are really 12 mixed rooms with just ONE bathroom inside,the breakfast was poor and the staff is not kindly, if you will stay in Miami for a few nights and want a good location stay here however I sold an others ones that are really near fron ocean drive and look better that this hostel

I stayed twice at DecoWalk and will go back in September for sure! On the Beach, rooftop bar with good deals, the surroundings are amazing (bars, music, shopping, restaurants (Moshi Moshi for sushi is EXCELLENT!) Don't stay anywhere else! Perfect for those travelling alone. Free wi-fi and breakfast (get there at least 5 minutes before 10 as the guy isn't flexible as when to give you your bagel!

• 31st Mar 2014

I had a lovely stay here and did not experience any of the fallbacks that other commenters have been mentioning. I was apprehensive coming in but ended up having a lovely time. The rooftop lounge and club were lovely and i was able to meet some really interesting people.

Once again I had a great stay! Even though it can get noisy because you stay in the middle of all the partying it is lots of fun. Everyone at the hostel is really friendly and they offer so much for your stay! I am already looking forward going back!!!

There are too many beds for few space. We don't have free space to move or arrange the stuffs on the floor. With this room space, I don't wanna back there.

• 18th Mar 2014

Location was excellent, staff were nice but the girls dorm had 12 beds to one bathroom which was not as described on booking !!

• 25th Feb 2014

Breakfast is very strict from 9 until 10 and there is absolutely no option to get something earlier if you are leaving early for sight seeing or travel even if the person is already there to prepare.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The best feature of this hostel: Location! Worst features: Value for money and security. The place is good but dirty! The common areas are clean but the bedrooms and bathrooms are a nightmare. Shared bathrooms are not a place for a bathtub. The place is not safe, everybody can easily go inside and outside the hostel without the keys to open you bedroom. Would like to say that the staff is awesome, everybody very kind and polite.

The only thing this hostel has going for it is the location, that's literally it! It was in the 80's when we were visiting and humid so my group was happy about the a/c. Another room ended up flipped the breaker off to the a/c (and all ventilation) to the entire complex. I asked the girl at the front desk to please help and she seemed irritated that I would have pulled her away from the group of friends she had visiting her. I came up a 2nd time and they were all talking about me, really nice!

The location is perfect, but the rooms are son tiny and dirty! To much people in a very little room. The bathroom was always dirty.The staff is not very friendly... the food is not enough and not good.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Worst hostel ive ever come across, great location but thats it! Staff unwilling to help, over charged for room still have not been reimbursed, room was smaller that a shoe box!, expensive!, and i didnt want to leave my room in the fear theyd give my bed to someone else as they did to i e if my mates while we were out! Overall ruined miami for me thanks decowalk! :) ps, double standards definetly not male freindly just saying

• 31st Dec 2013

The room is absolutely tiny for six people, even not enough air to breathe, room to move or store your things in a secure and reasonable space. No individual light for every bed which means you have to turn on the lights and awake people when arriving at night. The bathroom was tiny but looked clean. Two or three sockets in the room. Can't say anything about breakfast as we were told it was served till 10 and when we came at 9:30 am they said it was until 9. Not such a dignity sleep.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Colombia

Definitely, there are places and hotels where you can go back, Deko walk is one of them. Thanks a lot.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Colombia

This hostel is a nice place to stay if you like to party and be in the middle of the party mile. There are two buildings, one is directly at the ocean front, the other one block behind it. I stayed two nights in the second building, which was fine until the put a guy into the all female room. When he came in with a member of staff I told her so, but she ignored me. I wouldn't mind a mixed dorm if I pay for it and also if there is a proper bathroom.

I feel the staff at Deco Walk Hostel are very attentive and try to make you happy. I enjoyed staying there, would stay there again and would refer others to stay there.

Hotel is very cheap and the location good but the cleanliness is poor and the service really sucks (I waited over 30 minutes for check-in)

• 6th Dec 2013

WOW!!! What an awesome stay. I planned on this just being a pit stop on my way from New York to Key West. I just stayed one night but they differently made it amazing!

• 4th Dec 2013

I enjoyed my staying a lot everybody were so nice to me both the staff and the guests, they were like a little family . the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. they also have a really nice rooftop with a Jacuzzi and an ocean view and the best Karaoke Nights ill definitely recommend it to my friends and will be back my self

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Israel

The location is the only thing this hostel had going for it. Across from the beach and on the same strip as a lot of clubs and restaurants. The staff were not pleasant at all and un-organized. I stayed in a dorm room, to get to it you had to walk down a poorly lit alley way and use 3 different keys to get into your dorm (with men loitering in the alley calling out to you). VERY DANGEROUS. Dorms were tiny and had male staff enter and do "welfare checks" in the middle of night in female only dorm

I stayed here with my friend. we were in a 6 bed insuite We had a great time. It was right on the beach and walking distance from everything!! loved loved loved it! The only issue we had was the way the bunks were set up. it was a little challenging getting around the room with 5 other girls in it. It was pretty small but for the price we couldn't really complain!

• 21st Nov 2013