Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club Reviews

928 Ocean Drive, Miami, USA

The location is perfect, but the rooms are son tiny and dirty! To much people in a very little room. The bathroom was always dirty.The staff is not very friendly... the food is not enough and not good.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Worst hostel ive ever come across, great location but thats it! Staff unwilling to help, over charged for room still have not been reimbursed, room was smaller that a shoe box!, expensive!, and i didnt want to leave my room in the fear theyd give my bed to someone else as they did to i e if my mates while we were out! Overall ruined miami for me thanks decowalk! :) ps, double standards definetly not male freindly just saying

• 31st Dec 2013

The room is absolutely tiny for six people, even not enough air to breathe, room to move or store your things in a secure and reasonable space. No individual light for every bed which means you have to turn on the lights and awake people when arriving at night. The bathroom was tiny but looked clean. Two or three sockets in the room. Can't say anything about breakfast as we were told it was served till 10 and when we came at 9:30 am they said it was until 9. Not such a dignity sleep.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Colombia

Definitely, there are places and hotels where you can go back, Deko walk is one of them. Thanks a lot.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Colombia

This hostel is a nice place to stay if you like to party and be in the middle of the party mile. There are two buildings, one is directly at the ocean front, the other one block behind it. I stayed two nights in the second building, which was fine until the put a guy into the all female room. When he came in with a member of staff I told her so, but she ignored me. I wouldn't mind a mixed dorm if I pay for it and also if there is a proper bathroom.

I feel the staff at Deco Walk Hostel are very attentive and try to make you happy. I enjoyed staying there, would stay there again and would refer others to stay there.

Hotel is very cheap and the location good but the cleanliness is poor and the service really sucks (I waited over 30 minutes for check-in)

• 6th Dec 2013

WOW!!! What an awesome stay. I planned on this just being a pit stop on my way from New York to Key West. I just stayed one night but they differently made it amazing!

• 4th Dec 2013

I enjoyed my staying a lot everybody were so nice to me both the staff and the guests, they were like a little family . the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. they also have a really nice rooftop with a Jacuzzi and an ocean view and the best Karaoke Nights ill definitely recommend it to my friends and will be back my self

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Israel

The location is the only thing this hostel had going for it. Across from the beach and on the same strip as a lot of clubs and restaurants. The staff were not pleasant at all and un-organized. I stayed in a dorm room, to get to it you had to walk down a poorly lit alley way and use 3 different keys to get into your dorm (with men loitering in the alley calling out to you). VERY DANGEROUS. Dorms were tiny and had male staff enter and do "welfare checks" in the middle of night in female only dorm

I stayed here with my friend. we were in a 6 bed insuite We had a great time. It was right on the beach and walking distance from everything!! loved loved loved it! The only issue we had was the way the bunks were set up. it was a little challenging getting around the room with 5 other girls in it. It was pretty small but for the price we couldn't really complain!

• 21st Nov 2013

Location is great, and that's about it. This used to be a great hostel, but now is awful. I booked a 6bed female dorm with private bathroom but it turned out that it was really a 12bed dorm!! Can you imagine 12 women sharing one bathroom? The space was infimus and the bunk beds had 3 beds each, so if you get the top bed (unfortunately I did) you sleep about half meter from the roof! Some of the guys from the staff were great tough... Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!

I wanted to make my booking via phone, but they told me it's only possible online. That was very inconvenient because at that time I was travelling by train and bus und I hade to make big efforts to get internet access. They don't have city maps which would be very helpful when you arrive in a new city Very solid beds, so they don't shake when your roommate above or below you is moving. That's very good!!

That was good though we were really packed in the room. 6 beds in a little room is too much.

• 10th Nov 2013

We booked a 6 bedroom private and ended up in a 6 bedroom shared with a wall and a door which was our only exit into another 6 bedroom shared and our bathroom was in there room how does that work it was a dog box

• 9th Nov 2013

Superb location right on the beachfront in the Art Deco area of South Beach. I had no problems at all but when checking out the staff wouldn't give another guy's usd5 key deposit back because they had noted down he'd paid it...even though everyone has to pay it! Would stay there again

12 people using one barthroom and entrance door is very challenging! I booked a 6 female dorm and I got one room connected to another room with a half wall. The bathroom was cleaned every 3 days....The breakfast was a joke.

Esse hostel é perfeito!!!

The Hotel has a perfect Location right next to the Beach. The Roof Lounge is great! Excellent view over South Beach.The Dorm Rooms very small though and when the Rooms are full it get very crowded and smelly:

The website made a mistake with our reservation and the hotel get a different request of rooms. You should be carefull next time.