Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club Reviews

928 Ocean Drive, Miami, USA

Location is perfect, some of the staff is nice and friendly (the Spanish lady at the reception, for example), others are a bit too stuck-up (it's a hostel, not the Grand Hotel!). The owner himself is not a particularly nice guy. The guy's too much money-driven. I think he should stay home and enjoy his money instead of dealing with the public. Atmosphere is only good when they have parties on and people not from the hostel flock in, dead on normal days.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Booked a female dorm and on arrival was told we would be in a mixed dorm with 3 men who had been staying at the hostel all summer. There were no lockers provided and we had to walk outside the building to get to our bathroom. We were offered one free drink. The dorm we were in wasn't even in the main building, it was down an alley way. As we were sleeping our card details were stolen. However, the bar was nice and the kitchen was substantial.

Good hostel, location is awesome. Good place to stay if in south beach.

Great hostle, wifi works great, friendly helpful and approachable staff

It was an excellent place to meet friendly people, had a great time and didn't need to be worried about my stuff.

• 20th Aug 2013
  • Colombia

The location is very good. Right on Ocean Drive, 200ft from the beach. The facilites are clean but can be cleaner. Nice rooftop with free bbq everynight. Breakfast is poor. staff speak barely english and apparently don't know what is customer service, they don't care about you but like your credit card. Too bad this place might be awesome with a better staff!

• 11th Aug 2013

We spent 3 nights at your hostel and it was great. The location is perfect, with a subway station just around the corner, our rooms were very clean and comfortable. I just wish the rooms were more cozy, with some special personalized touch. Thsnk you for having us and for the great breakfasts and meals!

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Russia

Having one bathroom for 12 chicks is ridiculous. Also, advertising that you have parking when you don't is bad form.

very nice

I stayed on this hostel for just one day, and during this day the bathroom at my room was DIRTY....

Right on ocean drive! I would stay again.

The location is absolutely brilliant, right at the heart of the Art Deco District by the Ocean Drive. The roof top terrace is really neat too. The rooms are pretty small and there should be more toilets: twelve guests share one.

Overall this was a good place to stay. Location is perfect being across from the beach and in the middle of all the activity in South Beach. Roof top bar was cool but not much happening but we only stayed Mon-Thurs night. Breakfast was a bagel and peanut butter/nutella/jelly. Dinners were decent, not a barbeque as noted on website but hey food was good and free. Reserved 6 bed dorm but put in a 12 bed and she did not agree that I reserved a 6. Other local hostels are way more party like.

• 22nd Jul 2013

Great location, great of solo travellers, hostel organises pub crawls every night. loved the rooftop bar

Had a pleasant stay in the hostel. There are many events you can join. There is a rooftop with a yakoozi too. The only bad thing is the kitchen - it is poorly equipped, but anyway.

• 20th Jul 2013

I had some problems like i booked a female dorm and when i got there i had to sleep in a mix room. The breakfast when cloae to the end dosent have more food, so u need to wake up early if you wanna eat; the terrible part is that u need to check out at 11am and they do NOT have a save place to you leave your lugagge until your depart time from Miami. I left my lugagge at the reception and somebody stole my lock!! I got really crazy because i was at the airport thinking that i took the wrong bag!

• 12th Jul 2013

Deco Walk was a great place to stay the location was fantastic, felt like you were in the middle of everything and right across from the beach, if you get the top bunk it can be hard to get into and out of bed though and not enough room to sit up properly, everyone was really friendly and helpful

I had a very nice and pleasant stay at Deco Hostel during the 4th July this year. However, there were two flawless concerning the facilities: 1) bathrooms are inside the shared dorms (one shower, one sink and one seat per each twelve beds) and the one in my room was quite dirty. 2)Parking amenity should be advertised that is on a Valet basis and at additional costs (25$ up to July 4th 2013).

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Uruguay

I love this place - great location just on the beach, friendly staff, good facilities including a roof top bar where you can meet fellow travellers, a modern lounge with a flat screen tv, a kitchen. Hostel staff organises club nights as well and other stuff. cecilia

• 2nd Jul 2013