Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club Reviews

928 Ocean Drive, Miami, USA

Had a pleasant stay in the hostel. There are many events you can join. There is a rooftop with a yakoozi too. The only bad thing is the kitchen - it is poorly equipped, but anyway.

• 20th Jul 2013

I had some problems like i booked a female dorm and when i got there i had to sleep in a mix room. The breakfast when cloae to the end dosent have more food, so u need to wake up early if you wanna eat; the terrible part is that u need to check out at 11am and they do NOT have a save place to you leave your lugagge until your depart time from Miami. I left my lugagge at the reception and somebody stole my lock!! I got really crazy because i was at the airport thinking that i took the wrong bag!

• 12th Jul 2013

Deco Walk was a great place to stay the location was fantastic, felt like you were in the middle of everything and right across from the beach, if you get the top bunk it can be hard to get into and out of bed though and not enough room to sit up properly, everyone was really friendly and helpful

I had a very nice and pleasant stay at Deco Hostel during the 4th July this year. However, there were two flawless concerning the facilities: 1) bathrooms are inside the shared dorms (one shower, one sink and one seat per each twelve beds) and the one in my room was quite dirty. 2)Parking amenity should be advertised that is on a Valet basis and at additional costs (25$ up to July 4th 2013).

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Uruguay

I love this place - great location just on the beach, friendly staff, good facilities including a roof top bar where you can meet fellow travellers, a modern lounge with a flat screen tv, a kitchen. Hostel staff organises club nights as well and other stuff. cecilia

• 2nd Jul 2013
  • Sweden

it was great stay at Deco, good place, best team. LOVED Anny Cruz

• 2nd Jul 2013

Hostel/Hotel Deauville and it staff were amazing. Easy to get to by bus. These people will bend over backwards to make sure you are comfortable. The AC is awesome! It runs all the time. The place is on the beach, the wifi works, bathrooms are clean, pool is clean, location is good, and the people are nice. That's everything I look for in a hostel or hotel.

12 girl and one bedroom is not working. But i had a good time. I will come back! ;)

There was one night that we waited for the complimentary dinner to be cooked, and kept checking. Then the third time we checked the man said there was none left.! There were only about 10 people upstairs as the weather wasn't good so either he couldn't be bothered or didn't cook enough. It was disappointing as we sat up there for about an hour waiting! Other than that it was brilliant :)

• 29th Jun 2013

Food is terrible! Staff are unfriendly and unhelpful! CAN'T DRINK YOUR OWN ALCOHOL LIKE THE REST OF THE HOSTEL! Rooms are rammed tight! Staff were smoking weed on the roof top! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!

• 29th Jun 2013

I had a really good time there!! Is excellent location, really nice place and its roof is awesome

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Colombia

The staff were so nice and friendly. Would recommend it to others and would love to stay there at my next Miamivisit! All good!!

Amazing location and very clean. Did not like the tripple bunk bed as it was quite acrobatic to get to, as well the air con only working in spurts evey so often meant heat rose. Atmosphere lacked for a solo traveller but could be good with friends

From the moment I walked into this hostel the staff were so helpful, welcoming and awesome! Especially Gisele who went out of her way to make my entire South Beach experience just perfect! Thanks :) Overall the location is amazing, roof top is great to chill but the staff are exceptional and frankly make the hostel ideal! The only thing i would suggest is the rooms need a mirror outside of the bathroom and the bathtub needs to be redone plus maybe some extra storage/hanging space. Loved it!!!

• 16th Jun 2013

The localization is good - right in front of the beach, but I stayed in a very noisy room, where all sound that was out side came into the room. Not enough bathrooms , and they were not so clean, and no privacy in the room, because the staff (male staff) was coming inside the roons all the time.

Dear Rudiany; We are really sorry you didn't have a good personal experience at Deco Walk Hostel. Just to remind you, the property was recently remodeled to better accommodate customer in the share dorms. Since we are a boutique hostel, we are very committed with our customers satisfaction and safeness. The staff probably had to check the room in order to make sure amenities were properly functioning. Moreover, Deco Walk Hostel offers housekeeping services twice a day.

It is a good hostel, very good location in front of the beach! In general, I liked it!

This hostel is located at a great location. The staff here are nice and they have a free dinner gathering on the rooftop. I wish I could of had stayed longer. The only downside is that there is one bathroom per room. So if you are sharing with 12 people you might have to rush a little bit, at least that is what I did. The workers clean and spray(Lysol) the rooms everyday.

I have stayed in hostels in Asia, Australia, Europe and the States, Deco Walk is no doubt my favorite hostel. I will definitely come back!

Great hostel, great location. Could do with more showers, but location is great so not something to stop you visiting. Harold was very helpful.

• 9th Jun 2013

Very small room. Room with 6 people extremely tight. In site, the hostel anunce room for six people with bathroom, but in reality it1s a share room for 12 people, two very small rooms for 6. All used same bathroom. Dirty bathroom and bedroom. Room extremely noisy due to big number of people. I felt cheated.

Dear Henry, We are really sorry you didn't have good time at Deco Walk Hostel, despite our great location and services. As advertised in our website, every room is a 6/6 En suite with a share bathroom.Perhaps , you didn't look close enough to the room description, prior to your booking. Just to remind you, Deco Walk Hostel is a boutique hostel and we offer housekeeping services twice a day.Our commitment with cleanliness is what makes us the number one hostel in South Beach.