Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club Reviews

928 Ocean Drive, Miami, Florida, USA

Very small room. Room with 6 people extremely tight. In site, the hostel anunce room for six people with bathroom, but in reality it1s a share room for 12 people, two very small rooms for 6. All used same bathroom. Dirty bathroom and bedroom. Room extremely noisy due to big number of people. I felt cheated.

Dear Henry, We are really sorry you didn't have good time at Deco Walk Hostel, despite our great location and services. As advertised in our website, every room is a 6/6 En suite with a share bathroom.Perhaps , you didn't look close enough to the room description, prior to your booking. Just to remind you, Deco Walk Hostel is a boutique hostel and we offer housekeeping services twice a day.Our commitment with cleanliness is what makes us the number one hostel in South Beach.

Harolddddd from the front desk was absolutely fantastic , he recieved me and escorted me to my room very professionally. The staff was very welcoming and nice Overall Harold and the whole team did a good job. I will be coming back in a month hoping to be recieved exactly the same

• 3rd Jun 2013
  • Peru

Excellent location and a couple of friendly staff would be the highlights of this hostel. I was not expecting too much comfort in a shared room, but two rooms with just one air-conditioner made my two nights stay there hell. I could not sleep at all, it was like if I were in a sauna.

The hostel is in a great location, overlooking Ocean drive. The hostel rooms aren't the greatest as they seem to actually be 12 bed dorms with a shared bathroom. However the hostel itself is great, with a good lounge, friendly staff and a great rooftop bar overlooking ocean drive. There is also a Jacuzzi on the rooftop and a BBQ on everynight.

Location, roof top bar and staff are fantastic! Rooms are small. 12 people for 1 bathroom is kind of hard... South Beach is awesome! Definitely a excellent place to party and hangout!!

Love this place. Specially the staff n the roof top. Cant forget the location is percect...

• 24th May 2013
  • Dominican Republic

I really like this place the staff was great had nice food BQ WELL THE BEST HOSTEL ON SOUTHBEACH WORTH EVERY PENNY what would make it perfect is to hv bath cleaner for the tubs or bleach and water for us super clean people like myself loved place rooftop the best I seen

• 23rd May 2013

Great Location right on Ocean Drive! And the "Rooftop" commons area is Amazing! Good Staff and Clean place, would definitely stay there again...

• 22nd May 2013

Beautiful people, beautiful view, great happy hour, and proximity to the beach cannot be beat. Go for it.

• 22nd May 2013

Excellent hostel! Free BBQ all nights. 5$ cocktails in an amazing rooftop with ocean view. Party all nights! I recomend this hostel!

• Armenia

The place was fun and the staff´s attitude was great. Travelling alone, this was a great place to touch down

Ensuite bathroom for 12 people very inconvenient. Location was perfect. Elevator was unreliable and the stairs were unsecured. Didn't seem to be as much mingling as I'm accustomed to in hostels

Dear Wesley, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if the elevator was in maintenance at the time you were staying with us. Just to remind you, the property has surveillance cameras 24/7 that rate us a very safe hostel. We are really sorry you didn't have a good personal experience despite our great weather, location and amenities.

There is nothing that I could add to the reviews that were not yet been said. The staff is very friendly and helpful, I would highlight the sympathy of Alima, the manager, the new yorker guy that was in charge of breakfast and a young guy at the front desk that helped me out with my very late check in, I apologize that unfortunately I forgot their names. Walk Deco is my forever place to stay in SoBe and its atmosphere helped taking my Miami Beach experience to the highest level possible!

Such a awesome value!

• 15th May 2013

Arrival was kind of very unpleasant, but the youth hostel directors made our journey being really good. Our feelings were listened to and taken into account. A very good journey to recommand. Just be carrefull of the south american staff since they don't care at all.

• 15th May 2013

An awesome place to stay if you are on a budget!

• 12th May 2013

It takes us almost half an hour for check-in. The room was too small for 12 people. Only 1 bathroom. But the location is good. Bu the way there are beds and a jaccuzi for sun bathing at the top of hostel.

Dear Atthasit, Thank you for your personal feedback. At Deco Walk Hostel, our staff is committed to better serve the customer making sure payments and requests are properly done. Despite your opinion, the rooms are spacious and capable to accommodate 6/6 travelers. We are really happy to hear you did have a good time at the sundeck and jacuzzi area! Deco Walk Hostel is fully committed to bring 5 start experience for every guest staying with us.

Excellent hostel and great location. The only downside was that we had only one shower for 12 persons :( On the rooftop bar you can buy cheap beers to get your evening started in Miami Beach!

• 30th Apr 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

one shower,one mirror for 12 persons is not enough. the breakfast offered was very poor.

We book for a 6 private bedroom and it was nothing like we expected. The room was with 12 beds with a non-locked door between 6 and 6. The bathroom was at one room, and we had to go inside this one to get into the bathroom. When we arrived there was a man in the reception that took 1 hour to do the check in and meanwhile we couldn't go inside our bedroom. It was 12 a.m. and we couldn't eat nor sleep. On the other hand, The argentinian bartender of the roof top was excellent.