Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club Reviews

928 Ocean Drive, Miami, USA

There was one night that we waited for the complimentary dinner to be cooked, and kept checking. Then the third time we checked the man said there was none left.! There were only about 10 people upstairs as the weather wasn't good so either he couldn't be bothered or didn't cook enough. It was disappointing as we sat up there for about an hour waiting! Other than that it was brilliant :)

• 29th Jun 2013

Food is terrible! Staff are unfriendly and unhelpful! CAN'T DRINK YOUR OWN ALCOHOL LIKE THE REST OF THE HOSTEL! Rooms are rammed tight! Staff were smoking weed on the roof top! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!

• 29th Jun 2013

I had a really good time there!! Is excellent location, really nice place and its roof is awesome

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Colombia

The staff were so nice and friendly. Would recommend it to others and would love to stay there at my next Miamivisit! All good!!

Amazing location and very clean. Did not like the tripple bunk bed as it was quite acrobatic to get to, as well the air con only working in spurts evey so often meant heat rose. Atmosphere lacked for a solo traveller but could be good with friends

From the moment I walked into this hostel the staff were so helpful, welcoming and awesome! Especially Gisele who went out of her way to make my entire South Beach experience just perfect! Thanks :) Overall the location is amazing, roof top is great to chill but the staff are exceptional and frankly make the hostel ideal! The only thing i would suggest is the rooms need a mirror outside of the bathroom and the bathtub needs to be redone plus maybe some extra storage/hanging space. Loved it!!!

• 16th Jun 2013

The localization is good - right in front of the beach, but I stayed in a very noisy room, where all sound that was out side came into the room. Not enough bathrooms , and they were not so clean, and no privacy in the room, because the staff (male staff) was coming inside the roons all the time.

Dear Rudiany; We are really sorry you didn't have a good personal experience at Deco Walk Hostel. Just to remind you, the property was recently remodeled to better accommodate customer in the share dorms. Since we are a boutique hostel, we are very committed with our customers satisfaction and safeness. The staff probably had to check the room in order to make sure amenities were properly functioning. Moreover, Deco Walk Hostel offers housekeeping services twice a day.

It is a good hostel, very good location in front of the beach! In general, I liked it!

This hostel is located at a great location. The staff here are nice and they have a free dinner gathering on the rooftop. I wish I could of had stayed longer. The only downside is that there is one bathroom per room. So if you are sharing with 12 people you might have to rush a little bit, at least that is what I did. The workers clean and spray(Lysol) the rooms everyday.

I have stayed in hostels in Asia, Australia, Europe and the States, Deco Walk is no doubt my favorite hostel. I will definitely come back!

Great hostel, great location. Could do with more showers, but location is great so not something to stop you visiting. Harold was very helpful.

• 9th Jun 2013

Very small room. Room with 6 people extremely tight. In site, the hostel anunce room for six people with bathroom, but in reality it1s a share room for 12 people, two very small rooms for 6. All used same bathroom. Dirty bathroom and bedroom. Room extremely noisy due to big number of people. I felt cheated.

Dear Henry, We are really sorry you didn't have good time at Deco Walk Hostel, despite our great location and services. As advertised in our website, every room is a 6/6 En suite with a share bathroom.Perhaps , you didn't look close enough to the room description, prior to your booking. Just to remind you, Deco Walk Hostel is a boutique hostel and we offer housekeeping services twice a day.Our commitment with cleanliness is what makes us the number one hostel in South Beach.

Harolddddd from the front desk was absolutely fantastic , he recieved me and escorted me to my room very professionally. The staff was very welcoming and nice Overall Harold and the whole team did a good job. I will be coming back in a month hoping to be recieved exactly the same

• 3rd Jun 2013
  • Peru

Excellent location and a couple of friendly staff would be the highlights of this hostel. I was not expecting too much comfort in a shared room, but two rooms with just one air-conditioner made my two nights stay there hell. I could not sleep at all, it was like if I were in a sauna.

The hostel is in a great location, overlooking Ocean drive. The hostel rooms aren't the greatest as they seem to actually be 12 bed dorms with a shared bathroom. However the hostel itself is great, with a good lounge, friendly staff and a great rooftop bar overlooking ocean drive. There is also a Jacuzzi on the rooftop and a BBQ on everynight.

Location, roof top bar and staff are fantastic! Rooms are small. 12 people for 1 bathroom is kind of hard... South Beach is awesome! Definitely a excellent place to party and hangout!!

Love this place. Specially the staff n the roof top. Cant forget the location is percect...

• 24th May 2013
  • Dominican Republic

I really like this place the staff was great had nice food BQ WELL THE BEST HOSTEL ON SOUTHBEACH WORTH EVERY PENNY what would make it perfect is to hv bath cleaner for the tubs or bleach and water for us super clean people like myself loved place rooftop the best I seen

• 23rd May 2013

Great Location right on Ocean Drive! And the "Rooftop" commons area is Amazing! Good Staff and Clean place, would definitely stay there again...

• 22nd May 2013

Beautiful people, beautiful view, great happy hour, and proximity to the beach cannot be beat. Go for it.

• 22nd May 2013