Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The rooms are very average and there is a big difference in quality between some rooms of the same price. The common area is nice, food is good, staff are lovely. The best part is staying here gives you free access to the pool area down the road that also has hammocks, a garden and a bar, great place to chill out.

We had so much fun! People were nice, and it was very good for the price. And they do scooter rental - no problems there either! Great people great stay.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

It's a great place to meet backpackers. The dorm room is cleaner than the private room. And there isn't a sink in the bathroom in the private room. I would say stay in the dorm room with fan is a pretty good deal.

Perfect place to meet people, great location and really clean rooms.

• 13th Feb 2015

I've stayed in many hostels before, and I can honestly say this was the worst. Rooms and bathrooms aren't clean, staff is very rude (they seemed annoyed that I was interrupting their conversation so I could check in), and there is no way to keep your items secure. The rooms don't have lockers, and the lockers in the common areas were all taken. The lock on the door to the room was not secure, and the other people staying in the room would leave the door wide open all day. Don't stay here!!!

• 10th Feb 2015

I had a really good stay here! Everything you need, Nice people, lots to do.

• 7th Feb 2015

The biggest problem with this hostel is the lack of lockers in the dorms. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if there were enough safety deposit boxes for all the guests, but there aren't. You have to wait until someone checks out and hope there's a free deposit box. Other than that, it's a good hostel and recommended. The pool/bar facility they have is amazing. It's worth staying there just for that.

I stayed here for one night. It is in a good location, and you are able to meet lots of people which is good. However the staff have average attitudes, - when asked about any tour or city information they are directed to pamphlets and that is the extent of help. The facilities are also so so. They are flush western style toilets, but bathrooms are mildewey and the flush isn't powerful at all.

The security is really bad, there are no lockers in the rooms, only downstairs and they were all taken. I was also able to open the door to my room easily through the window, because you can't really close it. The toilet in my room wasn't working for 3 days, even though I told the (partial not that friendly) staff 3 times. It's a pity because the atmosphere was great, you will meet so many people! So if you want to get in contact with other travelers this Hostel is perfect anyway!

Had a great stay at Deejai's. Great facilities as it has a pool (not many hostels you come by can offer that) nice atmosphere in the evenings in the Garden also. Rooms are average, you get what you pay for. but would suggest as a good spot for a fellow backpaxker.

• 3rd Feb 2015

The place is great for how little you pay! Yes you sacrifice a little cleanliness but Deejai Gardens makes it ALL worth it! Thoroughly enjoyed having a pool/chill space/bar/restaurant to go to when nothing else was available! Would for sure stay again.

Stayed in a private room and had a nice stay. However the wifi did not reach my room (had to go the lobby to connect) and the mattress wasnt the most comfortable (I could feel every spring). Apart from this had a good stay, excellent location & pool area is really good!!

Very big and social hostel located in the old city. Also has a great pool/bar/restaurant area very close by that is lively pretty much all day long. Downsides are that the rooms are small with no real space for bags besides on your bed and bathrooms have a strong moldy smell and are not cleaned daily. Would definitely recommend for those seeking a very social atmosphere in the old city but be prepared to sacrifice a bit in terms of comfort.

Great place! I had so much fun down at Deejai Garden - staff were always friendly and extremely helpful! Would return!

• 25th Jan 2015

Great facilities, fantastic atmosphere, unbelievable value for money. Toilets were smelly though.

Nice hostel, terrible staff.. they barely speak english, sold us a tourist package that said 8 am to 5 pm. They messed up and end putting us on a day tour that ended at 22:30 with no explanation (again, no english). You have the dorms, the pool, the bar, a good HELPFULL staff would help a lot...

Arrived at 845 and ppl were already drinking.Our room was not clean.One of the beds wasn't changed, there was rubbish and old clothes under the beds and the bathroom was covered with grime.The power went out in the room and was not fixed until we came back and asked again.The pool is not on site.The staff is hit or miss, but knowledgable.They tried to over charge us.They wanted to downgrade us the second night and tried to charge us more than what we booked on HostelWorld.It felt like a scam.

Hostel was great money for value and a really nice to place to stay. Had a nice communal area and everyone was very friendly! Slight mix up with check in time vs arrival time, but they let us check in earlier than 2 after asking several times! The pool we didn't use but looked good and they are very helpful with advice, recommendations and directions. Would stay here again.

The rooms can use some maintainance. But atmosfere, location and facilities are awesome! You will probably meet an elder bearded dude called Rob, listen to this man. He will point you to the most amazing places. Ooooh did I mention the awesome swimmingpool, the treehouse and exellent food at there garden... 200m down the road. (Good idea to sepperate party area and rooms.)

This is an amazing hostel! I recommend it to everyone and anyone. I stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed every bit. The pool is great to have in the hot city and the owner is very accommodating and kind! Clean, fun, and a great atmosphere!! And a pooooool.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4