Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Such a great stay here - the guy that runs this place does a great job at creating a sociable atmosphere, we loved out time here! We had a great day spent at the lake with everyone and such a fun drinking by the pool. Would definitely reccomend this to anyone looking for a fun place to stay

One of the more dingey places I've stayed in. We were in a 4 bed dorm with one fan and it was really hot so next time I'd pay extra for AC. But the atmosphere was really social and the bar/pool down the street is wicked. It's very cheap to stay here so good value for money.

Wifi connection is really poor as soon as you go upstairs, and the power sockets in the rooms are in very inconvenient places, if anywhere at all.

The plave overall was good. Adam the manager was very attentive and went out of his way to learn peoples names. The thai staff were never enthusiastic about their job and it always seemed trouble asking them a question. The fact the rooms are only 4 beds with ensuite is great and I met some lovely people in my dorm. Email communications were poor as I never got a reply to two of my messages. Finally it is a little further out of town than most other hostels and GHs.

Great hostel!!

I chose this hostel for its social reputation and the fact that you could get a private room for under $20 a night. It delivered on both of those counts. I met lots of great people I'm the lobby. Otherwise, it's fairly average. The bedspread was dirty, lots of bugs in the room since the doors aren't sealed, and the air conditioner dripped all night forcing me to abandon my hope of a night without ear plugs. The location is pretty far removed from the markets and restaurants.

A nice guest house near the saturday night market and the wat phra singh.

• 12th Jul 2014

They had very strict quiet hours starting at 10PM. While the facilities were generally clean, the atmosphere was really lackluster, not a great place to meet others. Much of the staff speaks terrible English, and those that did speak it were generally unwilling to help.

Cool place. Adam,expat who runs it,is so laid back he's horizontal. Serve western breakfasts too if you are in need. Head for deejai garden,which is their bar down the road. Good live music and convivial,bohemian feel in the garden at night.

• 30th Jun 2014

Good staff, good atmosphere, can be very loud late into the night.

You meet so many people here and everyone I met was the same as me; trying to see as much as possible so met some awesome people. Rooms are pretty standard but you can't complain with the price! Such a great set up really.

Loved this place! Very social, the garden is an amazing place to hang out with others. Staff is very nice, helped me in many different situations. Especially when you travel on your own a nice place to meet others and explore the area. Missed a locker in the dorm though, not enough lockers in the common area unfortunately. But haven't heard of anyone getting things stolen. Prepare yourself to face a typical backpacker hostel with many nice people and party.

A fantastic atmosphere with friendly staff and residents. My favorite hostel in Thailand!

Good atmosphere, good food, great people

Great for the money, slightly lacks little things like plug sockets in rooms and the lockers are in the communal bag area but for the price it's unbeatable!

I had the best time at this hostel. I was only supposed to stay 3 nights and ended up staying over a week. So easy to meet people, pool is great and it's clean. Would recommend it to anyone- and have done!

The place is nice and clean with a large lobby areas and many tables for people to sit down. I didn't really have the urge to stay for more than one day though.

Not too bad a hostel apart from ants everywhere in the room above my head. Staff quite rude !! Stayed here two days and was so noisy at night up til about 3am so didn't sleep well both nights. Price was good for what it was I wouldn't have paid anymore though. Very young crowd in there and everyone was either drunk or hungover 24/7. Good place for a cheap stop over.

• 14th May 2014

The garden is amazing, it has a great swimming pool and hang out place. It's also easy to meet others and the manager Rob is friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend to others!

• 8th May 2014

A really nice hostel and great value for money!