Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

For the price you pay, this places is an absolute steal. That said, as with everything, you get what you pay for. On hostelworld you can see a swimming pool, but that is actually in a different building down the road and you have to pay every time you use it. The food in their cafe/bar was really delicious, and the local staff were very friendly. The elderly English man who worked there, however, could be very rude at times and made many of the girls staying there feel very uncomfortable.

Dark, damp rooms. Not very social because the downstairs area is more like a restaurant than a common room. Not good for solo travellers. Pool area is nice but not next to the hostel and you have to pay to use it. I stayed one night then moved to a much better hostel

Nice chilled out hostel. The garden with the pool is a great plus. On the downside the temperature in the rooms and the blood stains in pillows and toilet

Such a great stay here - the guy that runs this place does a great job at creating a sociable atmosphere, we loved out time here! We had a great day spent at the lake with everyone and such a fun drinking by the pool. Would definitely reccomend this to anyone looking for a fun place to stay

One of the more dingey places I've stayed in. We were in a 4 bed dorm with one fan and it was really hot so next time I'd pay extra for AC. But the atmosphere was really social and the bar/pool down the street is wicked. It's very cheap to stay here so good value for money.

Wifi connection is really poor as soon as you go upstairs, and the power sockets in the rooms are in very inconvenient places, if anywhere at all.

Great atmosphere at this hostel. And loved the little bar over the road that they own as well. Rooms were basic but fine. Bed bug rumours were true while we stayed there I had a friend who got bites but I was fine in my bed in the same room so hopefully they can sort that out. It's a great hostel with a great breakfast! So would be a shame to lose it over a few bed bugs.

The plave overall was good. Adam the manager was very attentive and went out of his way to learn peoples names. The thai staff were never enthusiastic about their job and it always seemed trouble asking them a question. The fact the rooms are only 4 beds with ensuite is great and I met some lovely people in my dorm. Email communications were poor as I never got a reply to two of my messages. Finally it is a little further out of town than most other hostels and GHs.

Great hostel!!

I chose this hostel for its social reputation and the fact that you could get a private room for under $20 a night. It delivered on both of those counts. I met lots of great people I'm the lobby. Otherwise, it's fairly average. The bedspread was dirty, lots of bugs in the room since the doors aren't sealed, and the air conditioner dripped all night forcing me to abandon my hope of a night without ear plugs. The location is pretty far removed from the markets and restaurants.

A nice guest house near the saturday night market and the wat phra singh.

• 12th Jul 2014

They had very strict quiet hours starting at 10PM. While the facilities were generally clean, the atmosphere was really lackluster, not a great place to meet others. Much of the staff speaks terrible English, and those that did speak it were generally unwilling to help.

enjoyed my stay at this hostel!! its a social backpacker's hostel! you will great people that eventually be your travel buddies as well! the location is spot on and people esp from Deejai Garden are very friendly and accommodating! I highly recommend this if youre travelling in CM!

Cool place. Adam,expat who runs it,is so laid back he's horizontal. Serve western breakfasts too if you are in need. Head for deejai garden,which is their bar down the road. Good live music and convivial,bohemian feel in the garden at night.

• 30th Jun 2014

Good staff, good atmosphere, can be very loud late into the night.

You meet so many people here and everyone I met was the same as me; trying to see as much as possible so met some awesome people. Rooms are pretty standard but you can't complain with the price! Such a great set up really.

Loved this place! Very social, the garden is an amazing place to hang out with others. Staff is very nice, helped me in many different situations. Especially when you travel on your own a nice place to meet others and explore the area. Missed a locker in the dorm though, not enough lockers in the common area unfortunately. But haven't heard of anyone getting things stolen. Prepare yourself to face a typical backpacker hostel with many nice people and party.

A fantastic atmosphere with friendly staff and residents. My favorite hostel in Thailand!

Good atmosphere, good food, great people

Great for the money, slightly lacks little things like plug sockets in rooms and the lockers are in the communal bag area but for the price it's unbeatable!