Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Beds need replacing can feel springs

You get what you pay for I guess. It's cheap but not in my opinion cheerful. Sheets were stained, toilet was broken, termites in the bathroom, blanket was dirty, bed was the worst I've stay in. However! The guests were all amazing and it does have a great atmosphere so if you want cheap and can put up with anything work away...if you want clean or comfortable stay away!

Room - fan broke was replaced with a plug in fan that didn't spin around to cool all four beds and the staff turned it off every day. Only 2 plug sockets left for a 4 bed room. Cleanliness - we watched one changeover and the room was only briefly swept and beds changed (not the duvet though). The bathroom wasn't touched and it was filthy - flip flops should be worn! Trash was also left in the room and not taken by the cleaner. Atmosphere and pool good and chiang mai walkable.

• 24th Jul 2015

The hostel is in a good location in the old city and makes for a good starting point for a walking tour. There are many tour agencies around to book other things that are outside the city. The hostel is often busy with people staying there so it never gets lonely. The rooms are basic a bit dirty but not terrible. The bathroom in the dorm was okay. Many spiderwebs and not the nicest. The hostel serves cheap food and offers transport to many other places in Thailand. Overall positive experience.

Booked a room on arrival was happy as basic but clean and reception area was nice. However hot shower was cold. Came back as was happy overall however the room allocated had not been cleaned and the sheets had horrible stains in them. Am due back to come back to Chiang Mai but would not stay again.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Overall the hostel is relatively clean, but the room we stayed in had mold growing all over the walls in both the bathroom and the sleeping area. It was hard to breathe as the smell was overwhelming. We also found a pair of underwear from a previous inhabitant, and the bed sheets did not seem very clean.

The staff are so friendly and helpful! Thanks so much for all of your help!

Standard hostel, great for meeting people. Lovely pool. Only bad things I have to say is that if you turned the lights off the the bathroom at night cockroaches would come out to play so stuff up the holes with tissue if this bothers you. 👀

A good hostel, everything was clean would have been nice to have more than 1 key between the 3 of us other than that had a good stay.

The doors were crooked, had holes, and let bugs in. The bathroom door could not lock. The room was clean, however, and the atmoshere was nice, lots of travelers but not noisy, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

We stayed in the Dorm rooms of 4 and met some amazing people! The hostel is very sociable, especially at the pool which is just down the road and lovely to sit at when its sunny! It's about a 10/15 minute walk until you get to the main road with the food and shops on, but keep and eye out as there are loads of great restaurants down other roads! Reception were great we booked our Transfer and 2 day trips through them and it wasn't any more expensive than the travel agents!

I came in the room, the Door couldnt be lockeked. The rooms look dirty and the air wasn't fresh. After taking the night train you wanna have a good shower, but the bathroom was so smalle, i could sit on the toilet and have a shower in one time. Also that Door was not even possible to close. Nothing to put your stuff or towel. I like basic but i checked out after seeing this. You can have much more for the same price! Staff was friendly and gave my money back.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

The pool area was awesome- met so many people so easily but my bed sheet was dirty after I waited til my correct check I time and when I told the staff they looked annoyed and then handed me a bed sheet... So I could change my own sheets. Apart from that though it was an awesome location and the pool area was seriously good value for money- the staff there were super super helpful (it's in a garden separate to the hostel itself)

• 5th Jul 2015

Deejai are great! Cheap, awesome location in Old Town, small dorms with with a great hangout space. The staff were friendly and helpful and the 'Deejai Garden' which is just down the road is a fun place with a pool and a treehouse. Awesome backpacker times The only (small) downside is that the bathroom drainage isn't great.

Rooms are tiny with no space to move. A few pegs wouldn't go amiss. Drainage was horrendous, doesn't seem like it's been cleaned ever. Far from town. They let children into the Pool who weren't staying there who also ruined that experience for us. All round, completely rubbish and i wouldn't recommend. And all the reviews are lies.

• 30th Jun 2015

Really liked staying here. Good location, helpful friendly staff, lots of backpackers to meet and hang out with. The bar and pool additions are really fun to hang out if you are looking to chill for a day

Great location with a nice atmosphere, especially at the garden and saltwater pool! Security on the whole was good but our friend got her shoes taken from outside of the hostel so I'd suggest taking them off and taking them to your room with you 😊 the hostel has its own place to book excursions next door, we booked through these and thoroughly enjoyed our trip! Would maybe stay here again, depending on our wants and needs.

deejai was great! I got a private room that me and my friend shared which made it very affordable it was such a nice room, very clean, they even give soap and towels!!!! there is a pool which is always a plus!

For any solo traveller I would recommend! The rooms themselves (I stayed in a 4 person, fan room) are not great, pretty warm and bathroom facilities aren't great. Then beds are also quite noisy BUT for the price you're paying its expected. This hostel is definitely made by the social atmosphere, very chilled and easy to meet people! I had a lot of fun here and met some great people. Chiangmai itself is also great, lots to do so worth a decent stay and you won't be bored! Helpful staff too!!

this hostel is great to meet new people! the vibe there is really chill and the garden and pool (!! big pool) are huge plusses! the rest is overall okay. it's not really clean but not really dirty too and the staff is friendly. only thing is u defenitely need to book the dorm with AC, because the dorms with van only are impossible to sleep in.. also there was no mirror in the (my) room, which was quite unpractical.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4