Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very nice common area, probably the best thing about this place next to the wonderful staff. The bunk beds sounded very squeaky and about to fall apart at anytome, but I don't think you're going to find any better at that price point. I would definitely recommend everyone to stay there at least a night or 2. Great place to meet ppl and like I said, the staff are really nice and genuine.

Pretty straightforward hostel. The staff are really friendly, the open area is a nice place to hang out and relax. One room I stayed in had no windows in the bathroom so in turn made the whole room super humid. The common bathroom wasn't cleaned too often. Garbage overflowing with used toilet paper and a dead cockroach. But the pool lounge down the road is relaxing.

A fabulous place to stay in Chang Mai. The guys are great at organizing anything you want and the pool is really chill and 1 minute walk away.

Fantastic would recommend. We stayed an extra night and would go back! Nice chill out bar and tree house just down the road! Great staff too! Bunk beds a tad unstable but rooms okay!!

If we are required to take off our shoes, the floors just outside of the rooms on each floor need to be mopped. My feet were always dirty so I had to take the extra time to wipe/wash them off and it tracked dirt into the room.

One of the best Hostels I have stayed in. The staff is great and have very helpful tipp, especially Adam who was really nice. BBQ at the Pool and cool people around.

Nice place! And really cheep!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Good place. Cheap is nice. Staff was great. Pool was fun. Good location. Bit off the beaten path tho. I recommend it.

I ve been tp many hostels in my life and am used to modest conditions for backpackers but this one was one of the most horrible ever. For example, the bathroom had no windows or any other vendilations for all the humidity went straight in the room and made the stay totally smelly and unbarable. Wasnt possible to close the windows, poor security, dirty and really unhelpful staff. At least, the receptionist did a calculation mistake and we paid half the amount we expected, as a compensation. Far !

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Bulgaria

I think get more computers may be the best.

Overall I really enjoyed this hostel. Our room was a little dirty, but I understand that comes with the territory of staying in a hostel in SEA. The facilities were great, and the pool was AMAZING! The downside? I'm pretty confident I got bed bugs from this hostel. I can't be certain, and I understand that it's the travellers that bring them - not the hostel. That said, it's definitely something to keep in mind... check your sheets!

Well, its good choice for guest house with lower prises,so if u are looking for cleanliness and comfortable this place is good choice also the staffs are good and kind. This place is good for making new friends.

The staff was nice, the facilities acceptable (free PC to use, own bathroom in the 4 person dorm), but compared to other dorms in guesthouses I stayed in, the beds are horrible (small, bad matress, shaky) and the dorm itself was also the worst I've been in Chiang Mai (I stayed in four different places). For the price it is just acceptable, but I don't understand the recommendations from tripadvisor etc I read on this place, since in Chiang Mai you'll find for this price easily sth. much better!

• 5th Feb 2014

people were very noise on the common area at night. Bedrroms were very close to this area and was really difficult to sleep. On the other hand stuff just care about money and nothing else....

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Spain

Sadly, the mood of our stay at deejay was seriously ruined by the older hostel owner, who has anger and control issues. Besides that, the room was quiet and clean, but didnt have a hot shower as promised and paid for. This can get annoying in colder season. But the Bar and pool area has a very chill design and serves good food.

Chose this hostel based on a fun advertisement in a magazine. Although there are lots of backpackers staying here, it lacked heavily in atmosphere. This is probably because A) it's a good walk to anything including food and bars B) the pool and bar "on property" are actually down the road and even guests pay a fee. Despite the atmosphere and location it was a very comfortable stay and the place was very clean.

Thank you for staying with us at Deejai for one night in January, and we are sorry that of the other 130 guests there at the time you were unable to see the social side to the hostel. As regards to the location of the hostel in relation to our pool and the other local amenities we do clearly state this in our Hostelworld introduction, which of course you are free to do. Happy travelling from the Deejai teem.

definitely the best hostel in chiangmai, they have everything, even a swimming pool with a bar!!! people are super nice, adam is always offering the best advice, at night this place is peaceful and quiet, but you can still sit and have a friendly chat with lots of ppl in the garden, i wish we stayed there longer!!! oh, and it's very clean, not like the other hostels.

There were no lockers to put your valuables in

Def need more lockers and you cant lock your belongings safely in your room as you can open the windows onto the corridor. Not sure if it was just because it was morning time but the staff were not very friendly or helpful which was a wee bit disappointing for my first time in Chiang Mai and after getting off an overnight bus you aren't feeling too flash. I got the impression they didn't want to be there. My room was nice and clean though.

Aside from Adam, staff is unfriendly and useless. Chiang mai is small enough to walk, but do note hostel is located on West side (main hostel district is east side). Atmosphere is quiet but relaxing. People generally keep to themselves here. Deejay restaurant / bar is located just down the street and it's the place to congregate at night. Pool is located at same restaurant / bar, but there is a fee to use. Rooms were a bit small, but very clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3