Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great hostel!!

I chose this hostel for its social reputation and the fact that you could get a private room for under $20 a night. It delivered on both of those counts. I met lots of great people I'm the lobby. Otherwise, it's fairly average. The bedspread was dirty, lots of bugs in the room since the doors aren't sealed, and the air conditioner dripped all night forcing me to abandon my hope of a night without ear plugs. The location is pretty far removed from the markets and restaurants.

They had very strict quiet hours starting at 10PM. While the facilities were generally clean, the atmosphere was really lackluster, not a great place to meet others. Much of the staff speaks terrible English, and those that did speak it were generally unwilling to help.

Cool place. Adam,expat who runs it,is so laid back he's horizontal. Serve western breakfasts too if you are in need. Head for deejai garden,which is their bar down the road. Good live music and convivial,bohemian feel in the garden at night.

• 30th Jun 2014

Good staff, good atmosphere, can be very loud late into the night.

Loved this place! Very social, the garden is an amazing place to hang out with others. Staff is very nice, helped me in many different situations. Especially when you travel on your own a nice place to meet others and explore the area. Missed a locker in the dorm though, not enough lockers in the common area unfortunately. But haven't heard of anyone getting things stolen. Prepare yourself to face a typical backpacker hostel with many nice people and party.

A fantastic atmosphere with friendly staff and residents. My favorite hostel in Thailand!

Good atmosphere, good food, great people

Great for the money, slightly lacks little things like plug sockets in rooms and the lockers are in the communal bag area but for the price it's unbeatable!

I had the best time at this hostel. I was only supposed to stay 3 nights and ended up staying over a week. So easy to meet people, pool is great and it's clean. Would recommend it to anyone- and have done!

• 31st May 2014

The place is nice and clean with a large lobby areas and many tables for people to sit down. I didn't really have the urge to stay for more than one day though.

Not too bad a hostel apart from ants everywhere in the room above my head. Staff quite rude !! Stayed here two days and was so noisy at night up til about 3am so didn't sleep well both nights. Price was good for what it was I wouldn't have paid anymore though. Very young crowd in there and everyone was either drunk or hungover 24/7. Good place for a cheap stop over.

• 14th May 2014

The garden is amazing, it has a great swimming pool and hang out place. It's also easy to meet others and the manager Rob is friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend to others!

• 8th May 2014

A really nice hostel and great value for money!

what i feel the most is that the atmoshphere is really nice here. It's a nice spot to make friends here while we are the only Asian tourists here . FYI, we are Chinese. Gotta say there is only one thing I don‘t like which is I don't have a screen window to block those mosquitos out while there are no ACs and I got bit a little bit.

its not so good, just cheap.

Location at the edge of the old city, if you like long walks it's fine. Waist from toilets was not removed on a daily basis. Stuff was not helpfoul with providing information on theyr services, seem like Thad did not care. Still if your young and want to party it's a good place to meet other people with similar interests. The pool was at the end of the street. The AC extremely loud, ended up with switching it off for the night.

The people staying here are what makes deejai. It is a perfect place to stay if you want camaraderie and fast friendships. It is nice being away from the chaos also.

If you are a young, single party animal then this is a great place to be. We're not really any of those and found staying here as a couple very hard. The atmosphere is pretty chilled during the day but at night expect everyone, including staff at the pool facilities down the road to be very drunk. The staff were very good and helpful, we got some very good information about tours from them. Generally ok, but my recommendation is not to get a fan room in the hot season as the rooms are hot anyway

Absolutely brilliant hostel, great staff, and awesome garden with pool and bbqs. Met some of my best friends here, and I really have the family feel and great atmosphere to thank for that.