Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

I loved it there! Mostly because they have two Big areas Where you Can hang out, which makes it really easy to meet other travellers. The atmosphere was really good and cozy!

Dirty, went to my room and my bed was dirty so asked for it to be cleaned and all they did was fluff the pillow and fold the blanket. Stains and dirt still there. Told them and had to search for my own clean linen and make the bed. Showers leaking and flooding. Filthy dirty. Plugs very rarely worked IF you're lucky enough to get one!

• 16th Mar 2015

They have the most incredible swimming pool. Best value for money hostel I have stayed in

Worth staying here just for the pool and the atmosphere.

The hostel is fun full of Western travelers. Nice pool and easy to meet for party. They don't have lockers in the room and the ones downstairs were all taken. Definitely recommend to party groups but probably not so good for people looking for a quit place to relax.

This place is great I stayed longer than planed because of the people you meet and the atmosphere, they have a pool and the rooms are always clean I would only come back to deejais every time I come to Chiang mai

Nice hostel, basic rooms, nothing fancy. Just a few bunk beds and a bath room. Could be cleaner. Atmosphere is great though, and they have this extra place called Deejai Garden, which is lovely! They have a swimming pool and the vibe is lovely. Location is quite far from the center, but tuktuks are everywhere. Would recommend this hostel for sure!

Top spot in CM for backpackers who wanna meet people. Pool facility seals the deal. Fan dorm had one small floor fan that was loud and didn't move.

One fan in a small non ventilated room is not enough for four people, as well as the bathroom had no ventilation at all so it smelt. That was the main downfall. Everything else was pretty average. Good if you only need to stay one night, if you plan to staying longer make sure you get air con.

The rooms are very average and there is a big difference in quality between some rooms of the same price. The common area is nice, food is good, staff are lovely. The best part is staying here gives you free access to the pool area down the road that also has hammocks, a garden and a bar, great place to chill out.

We had so much fun! People were nice, and it was very good for the price. And they do scooter rental - no problems there either! Great people great stay.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Good hostel with a great pool and bar down the road. atmosphere was perfect and staff helpful but the light in my bathroom did not work the whole time I was there and the staff were not making a huge effort to fix it.

I was sick while staying here (so I didn't get to experience the atmosphere/facilities), however I was comfortable in my room and had everything I needed close by.

Pretty good. Staff was pretty short with us at times! Just did our own things though and it was a great base camp. Lots of breakfast options too! Bathroom a little smelly.

Wasn't in the greatest location. But the staff that work there are amazing. Really helpful, there's a pool across the road which is awesome! There's a tree house with hammocks! Really fun vibe. Although the mattresses wasn't the greatest! But for 140 baht! Can't complain!

It's a great place to meet backpackers. The dorm room is cleaner than the private room. And there isn't a sink in the bathroom in the private room. I would say stay in the dorm room with fan is a pretty good deal.

Perfect place to meet people, great location and really clean rooms.

• 13th Feb 2015

I've stayed in many hostels before, and I can honestly say this was the worst. Rooms and bathrooms aren't clean, staff is very rude (they seemed annoyed that I was interrupting their conversation so I could check in), and there is no way to keep your items secure. The rooms don't have lockers, and the lockers in the common areas were all taken. The lock on the door to the room was not secure, and the other people staying in the room would leave the door wide open all day. Don't stay here!!!

Great location in old town. Slightly further away from bars than most other hostels but this hostel has a way better vibe and atmosphere than the other hostels. Has a separate area across the street to relax and grab some changs The owner rob, white old dude with a beard... Biggest a-hole ever. Hit a guest cause he got too drunk. Only reason for low ratings

I had a really good stay here! Everything you need, Nice people, lots to do.

• 7th Feb 2015