Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The plave overall was good. Adam the manager was very attentive and went out of his way to learn peoples names. The thai staff were never enthusiastic about their job and it always seemed trouble asking them a question. The fact the rooms are only 4 beds with ensuite is great and I met some lovely people in my dorm. Email communications were poor as I never got a reply to two of my messages. Finally it is a little further out of town than most other hostels and GHs.

Great hostel!!

I chose this hostel for its social reputation and the fact that you could get a private room for under $20 a night. It delivered on both of those counts. I met lots of great people I'm the lobby. Otherwise, it's fairly average. The bedspread was dirty, lots of bugs in the room since the doors aren't sealed, and the air conditioner dripped all night forcing me to abandon my hope of a night without ear plugs. The location is pretty far removed from the markets and restaurants.

A nice guest house near the saturday night market and the wat phra singh.

• 12th Jul 2014

They had very strict quiet hours starting at 10PM. While the facilities were generally clean, the atmosphere was really lackluster, not a great place to meet others. Much of the staff speaks terrible English, and those that did speak it were generally unwilling to help.

enjoyed my stay at this hostel!! its a social backpacker's hostel! you will great people that eventually be your travel buddies as well! the location is spot on and people esp from Deejai Garden are very friendly and accommodating! I highly recommend this if youre travelling in CM!

Cool place. Adam,expat who runs it,is so laid back he's horizontal. Serve western breakfasts too if you are in need. Head for deejai garden,which is their bar down the road. Good live music and convivial,bohemian feel in the garden at night.

• 30th Jun 2014

Good staff, good atmosphere, can be very loud late into the night.

You meet so many people here and everyone I met was the same as me; trying to see as much as possible so met some awesome people. Rooms are pretty standard but you can't complain with the price! Such a great set up really.

Loved this place! Very social, the garden is an amazing place to hang out with others. Staff is very nice, helped me in many different situations. Especially when you travel on your own a nice place to meet others and explore the area. Missed a locker in the dorm though, not enough lockers in the common area unfortunately. But haven't heard of anyone getting things stolen. Prepare yourself to face a typical backpacker hostel with many nice people and party.

A fantastic atmosphere with friendly staff and residents. My favorite hostel in Thailand!

1 2 Next » last »