Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

We had so much fun! People were nice, and it was very good for the price. And they do scooter rental - no problems there either! Great people great stay.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Good hostel with a great pool and bar down the road. atmosphere was perfect and staff helpful but the light in my bathroom did not work the whole time I was there and the staff were not making a huge effort to fix it.

I was sick while staying here (so I didn't get to experience the atmosphere/facilities), however I was comfortable in my room and had everything I needed close by.

Pretty good. Staff was pretty short with us at times! Just did our own things though and it was a great base camp. Lots of breakfast options too! Bathroom a little smelly.

Wasn't in the greatest location. But the staff that work there are amazing. Really helpful, there's a pool across the road which is awesome! There's a tree house with hammocks! Really fun vibe. Although the mattresses wasn't the greatest! But for 140 baht! Can't complain!

It's a great place to meet backpackers. The dorm room is cleaner than the private room. And there isn't a sink in the bathroom in the private room. I would say stay in the dorm room with fan is a pretty good deal.

Perfect place to meet people, great location and really clean rooms.

• 13th Feb 2015

I've stayed in many hostels before, and I can honestly say this was the worst. Rooms and bathrooms aren't clean, staff is very rude (they seemed annoyed that I was interrupting their conversation so I could check in), and there is no way to keep your items secure. The rooms don't have lockers, and the lockers in the common areas were all taken. The lock on the door to the room was not secure, and the other people staying in the room would leave the door wide open all day. Don't stay here!!!

Great location in old town. Slightly further away from bars than most other hostels but this hostel has a way better vibe and atmosphere than the other hostels. Has a separate area across the street to relax and grab some changs The owner rob, white old dude with a beard... Biggest a-hole ever. Hit a guest cause he got too drunk. Only reason for low ratings

I had a really good stay here! Everything you need, Nice people, lots to do.

• 7th Feb 2015

The biggest problem with this hostel is the lack of lockers in the dorms. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if there were enough safety deposit boxes for all the guests, but there aren't. You have to wait until someone checks out and hope there's a free deposit box. Other than that, it's a good hostel and recommended. The pool/bar facility they have is amazing. It's worth staying there just for that.

I stayed here for one night. It is in a good location, and you are able to meet lots of people which is good. However the staff have average attitudes, - when asked about any tour or city information they are directed to pamphlets and that is the extent of help. The facilities are also so so. They are flush western style toilets, but bathrooms are mildewey and the flush isn't powerful at all.

The security is really bad, there are no lockers in the rooms, only downstairs and they were all taken. I was also able to open the door to my room easily through the window, because you can't really close it. The toilet in my room wasn't working for 3 days, even though I told the (partial not that friendly) staff 3 times. It's a pity because the atmosphere was great, you will meet so many people! So if you want to get in contact with other travelers this Hostel is perfect anyway!

Had a great stay at Deejai's. Great facilities as it has a pool (not many hostels you come by can offer that) nice atmosphere in the evenings in the Garden also. Rooms are average, you get what you pay for. but would suggest as a good spot for a fellow backpaxker.

• 3rd Feb 2015

The place is great for how little you pay! Yes you sacrifice a little cleanliness but Deejai Gardens makes it ALL worth it! Thoroughly enjoyed having a pool/chill space/bar/restaurant to go to when nothing else was available! Would for sure stay again.

One of the best hostels I've been to in Asia, spent nearly 2 weeks there!

Stayed in a private room and had a nice stay. However the wifi did not reach my room (had to go the lobby to connect) and the mattress wasnt the most comfortable (I could feel every spring). Apart from this had a good stay, excellent location & pool area is really good!!

Very big and social hostel located in the old city. Also has a great pool/bar/restaurant area very close by that is lively pretty much all day long. Downsides are that the rooms are small with no real space for bags besides on your bed and bathrooms have a strong moldy smell and are not cleaned daily. Would definitely recommend for those seeking a very social atmosphere in the old city but be prepared to sacrifice a bit in terms of comfort.

Great place! I had so much fun down at Deejai Garden - staff were always friendly and extremely helpful! Would return!

• 25th Jan 2015

Great facilities, fantastic atmosphere, unbelievable value for money. Toilets were smelly though.