Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Had a great time - very social environment but not such that you couldn't get a good nights sleep. Made many friends, and had great nights at the bar down the road owned by the same establishment. Highly recommend!

This hostel has a reasonably handy location and has a cool bar down the road to hang out at. However some of the staff were terrible, so unfriendly and the service at the cafe in the hostel was awful.

I visited many Hostel in the world and i can cleary say that this is the best! There are a lot of cool people and is very easy to make new friends! Unfortunately I spend few days there and I didn't enjoy completely all the facilities. I choose the single room, it was clean and great.

One of th best hostels I've stayed in, in thailand. Great atmosphere, and the staff is very friendly. Would stay here again for sure

Totally love this place, nice clean and handsome ;) Staff is great too, just perfect!

• 19th Dec 2014

Hostel is ok (especially for the price) but it depends in which dorm you are. First time I had dorm where the shower didn't work, took a day to make it work again. The hostel is also a little bit far from all the restaurants and bars so if you would like to be in the middle of everything this is not the place to go. Good place to meet nice people. Did like the garden with pool and bbq.

Great social friendly hostel, swimming pool, very knowledgable and friendly staff, a good location within the old town with small clean dorms, great value for money. Defo recommend Only cons were , there was only 1 toilet in the common area and there wasn't any lockers In the dorms only in a room off the common area, also there weren't enough lockers for everyone in the hostel, which wasn't a problem as me and a friend shared one but could see this being awkward if traveling alone.

Tayah was amazing and all staff were helpful! Cheers guys!

I loved Deejai. Warm staff, friendly atmosphere. Welcoming vibe. I'm suggesting it to all my friends.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Great fun and would return again :)

Deejai Backpackers is such an awesome place. At the hostel you can get dorms or private rooms. The dorms are spacious, but a private room is not even that expensive and so nice. The swimming pool is great to have down the street! From Deejai you can walk to everywhere in the city!

Nice hostel in the centre of Chiang Mai, with a big common area, but I think it could be a bit more sociable. There's a bathroom in each four beds dorms. My mattress was aweful.. but others weren't as bad so maybe I was just unlucky. Staff is nice and very helpful!

Very clean, well-maintained hostel with an excellent atmosphere. The advertised security cameras don't reach all the rooms, though, so make sure to lock your doors and be extra careful with your stuff. I was less careful than I should have been and a bunch of my stuff was stolen.

i liked the location of this place. Good stay.

Great place to stay and socialize with fellow travelers! Had a super great pool area down the road at the bar and just loads of friendly people. Pretty good dorms (4 to a room) with own bathrooms! Great lounge/commons area aw well. Would absolutely recommend!

Been travelling SE Asia for 3 months and this is the greatest hostel I've been to. Adam is a top guy and helped us out so much. Rob from the Bar/Pool is a top man as well. Would recommend this place to anyone staying in Chiang Mai, Superb!!!

Good staff most of time - got brushed off a few times but they also dropped me off at the airport for free, so I can't complain. Great social atmosphere (would appreciate vegetarian food or ability to order regular menu during BBQs though). Generally clean but poor infrastructure for a hostel (no toilet paper provided, one room's washroom didn't lock, no mirror in one room, small lockers outside the dorms, no personal outlets or reading lamps). Been spoiled by SEA hostels though...

Friendly staff

Great hostel! Probably one of the best in Thailand! These guys know what backpackers need in a place to stay. Great price, doors that lock, only 4 beds in the room, good food, 24 hour staff, inside the moat and close to attractions, really really wonderful.

Deejai backpackers made my trip to chang mai! Awesome place to meet like minded people and Adam, Rob and all the staff members are the nicest folk going. Deejai garden literally 2 mins down the road which has good value booze, a tree top hang out and it even has a pool (which is free for all hostel guests!) from the moment I walked in I felt welcomed and met some really cool and interesting people during my stay. Life is ice cream at deejai backpackers!

• 3rd Oct 2014