Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great for the money, slightly lacks little things like plug sockets in rooms and the lockers are in the communal bag area but for the price it's unbeatable!

I had the best time at this hostel. I was only supposed to stay 3 nights and ended up staying over a week. So easy to meet people, pool is great and it's clean. Would recommend it to anyone- and have done!

The place is nice and clean with a large lobby areas and many tables for people to sit down. I didn't really have the urge to stay for more than one day though.

Not too bad a hostel apart from ants everywhere in the room above my head. Staff quite rude !! Stayed here two days and was so noisy at night up til about 3am so didn't sleep well both nights. Price was good for what it was I wouldn't have paid anymore though. Very young crowd in there and everyone was either drunk or hungover 24/7. Good place for a cheap stop over.

• 14th May 2014

The garden is amazing, it has a great swimming pool and hang out place. It's also easy to meet others and the manager Rob is friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend to others!

• 8th May 2014

A really nice hostel and great value for money!

what i feel the most is that the atmoshphere is really nice here. It's a nice spot to make friends here while we are the only Asian tourists here . FYI, we are Chinese. Gotta say there is only one thing I don‘t like which is I don't have a screen window to block those mosquitos out while there are no ACs and I got bit a little bit.

its not so good, just cheap.

Location at the edge of the old city, if you like long walks it's fine. Waist from toilets was not removed on a daily basis. Stuff was not helpfoul with providing information on theyr services, seem like Thad did not care. Still if your young and want to party it's a good place to meet other people with similar interests. The pool was at the end of the street. The AC extremely loud, ended up with switching it off for the night.

The people staying here are what makes deejai. It is a perfect place to stay if you want camaraderie and fast friendships. It is nice being away from the chaos also.

If you are a young, single party animal then this is a great place to be. We're not really any of those and found staying here as a couple very hard. The atmosphere is pretty chilled during the day but at night expect everyone, including staff at the pool facilities down the road to be very drunk. The staff were very good and helpful, we got some very good information about tours from them. Generally ok, but my recommendation is not to get a fan room in the hot season as the rooms are hot anyway

Absolutely brilliant hostel, great staff, and awesome garden with pool and bbqs. Met some of my best friends here, and I really have the family feel and great atmosphere to thank for that.

Loved this place. We meant to stay for 2 days and instead stayed for 8. The city will suck you in at night and the pool will suck you in while you're recovering from the night. The front desk is helpful and always available. Make sure to get a room with AC. I can't believe they don't have more AC rooms but there's sometimes a struggle to get one. Would absolutely recommend this place.

• 21st Apr 2014

nice place but pretty far outside. the entire place rather reminded me of a university campus. very crowded!

Very nice common area, probably the best thing about this place next to the wonderful staff. The bunk beds sounded very squeaky and about to fall apart at anytome, but I don't think you're going to find any better at that price point. I would definitely recommend everyone to stay there at least a night or 2. Great place to meet ppl and like I said, the staff are really nice and genuine.

The fan dorm I stayed in was crazy hot and sometimes it felt cooler outside in the 38 degree heat. The bed was comfy and the ensuite shower was good. I also stayed in an aircon private double room on a different occasion and this was really good. Hostel is kind of let down by the lack of comfy communal area though, instead having wooden benches and chairs. Kitchen only serves breakfast and fully closes after, you can't even buy a coffee, which is annoying. All in all though it's a good place

Cool place, love the pool and restaurant down the road. Some rooms are better than others so it's a bit the luck of the draw. Lockers are a bit small, there aren't that many & they're all down on the ground floor, not in the rooms which is a bit annoying.

Pretty straightforward hostel. The staff are really friendly, the open area is a nice place to hang out and relax. One room I stayed in had no windows in the bathroom so in turn made the whole room super humid. The common bathroom wasn't cleaned too often. Garbage overflowing with used toilet paper and a dead cockroach. But the pool lounge down the road is relaxing.

1 2 Next » last »