Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Stayed here because of a rec from a friend but would not stay again. Pretty dirty rooms, smelled badly like mold and had sand in our bed. Location is not ideal. The staff was nice & friendly so that was great! Lockers only located in lobby, not in rooms, but we're full anyways. Price was right but had a much better stay in Chiang Mai at other hostels.

Well generally all was ok, until I lost a microfiber towel hanging it on their hanger as they have advised me not to put my name on it, as I had insisted. I'm sure there was some kind of mix up and could easily have been found. The overall loss was not as great, as was their arrogance and complete unwillingness to help to find it. And they have mistreated my friend also when he went back consequently to try to find it.

Room and bathroom were not clean. Rooms are small so you don't have space to open your bag.

Had a bit of a mix up with being double-booked on the first night but they found me a dorm bed and gave me the night for free which was very nice of them. Private room was in good nick - the only down point was that the shower was cold generally (unless I couldn't figure out how to work it!) and the shower drain gave off a bad smell. But overall a really social hostel in a good location with nice staff.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at for the people, the atmosphere Staff were helpful the dorms were good the pool area was a nice bonus and not to far from the bars and loads of good food!! Had an awesome time here and would definitely stay here again! :)

The pool is lovely. The food is good. The staff work hard but there is barely enough of them to keep up. # of beds in each dorm is small. Cleaning is sporadic. This is a party hostel. If you are not drinking then chances are high that the noise from the common area will keep you awake until 3 AM, even with earplugs. There are signs saying to keep quiet after 10 PM but they are completely ignored and no one tries to enforce them. If you are very social then you will have a great time here.

I enjoyed my two night here. Two nights were plenty though. The dorm room was incredibly stuffy and had an awful musky smell to it. The beds made a lot of noise and weren't super comfy. The kitchen was often closed, which was inconvenient. And the internet wasn't the greatest. This was a great was to meet other traveler, Dee Jai has a great social scene. It was definitely a bit out of the way in the old city, but sometimes that's just what you need! ;)

Good social hostel and in a great location. Would have liked some lockers in the dorm rooms though.

Great atmosphere and really cool areas to relax, chill out and meet people. Highly recommend this hostel. Had a great stay :)

• 5th Jan 2015

When we arrived at the hostel it was around 4.30am and we was greated well and was set up with our room already which was great because we just wanted to sleep. The rooms was standard but the social area was great to meet people as well as the front garden area. Only negative side was we had hoped our rooms/bathrooms would have been cleaned everyday since we are sharing a room with four,the bins got filled up quickly and the bathroom felt stuffy with no ventilation. The staff member were helpful

Very dirty, staff not friendly. There is a reason this place is cheap!

convinient

Great hostel. The old English speaker at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The Thai ladies cooking could be a tad friendlier. I know hostels are hit and mis but I found the people staying there not that social. I wonder if the hostel has events to get people meeting and talking.

It's a nice place overall, nice location, friendly crowd. Could be cleaner though. It's worth it for the free use of the pool.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, largely down to the company... The prices were really quite reasonable. I did have an issue with a blocked toilet- it was blocked when we got the room. After I reported it, it still did not get fixed, until I asked for a plunger and had to do it myself! This happened twice... Also in the 4 days that we stayed, there was no sign of any cleaning done at the place. It would have been nice to have had communal cleaning products so I could have at least cleaned it myself!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Great value for money, really quiet at night so no trouble getting to sleep unlike some other hostels.

Great social hostel with nice staff and excellent food.

Good value for money. Basic rooms but very comfortable beds. Helpful staff - arranged my bus to Pai and motorcycle hire. Hostel is a little out of the way but easy to get around if you have a motorcycle or get a tuk tuk.

Had a great time - very social environment but not such that you couldn't get a good nights sleep. Made many friends, and had great nights at the bar down the road owned by the same establishment. Highly recommend!

This hostel has a reasonably handy location and has a cool bar down the road to hang out at. However some of the staff were terrible, so unfriendly and the service at the cafe in the hostel was awful.