Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

A really nice hostel and great value for money!

what i feel the most is that the atmoshphere is really nice here. It's a nice spot to make friends here while we are the only Asian tourists here . FYI, we are Chinese. Gotta say there is only one thing I don‘t like which is I don't have a screen window to block those mosquitos out while there are no ACs and I got bit a little bit.

its not so good, just cheap.

Location at the edge of the old city, if you like long walks it's fine. Waist from toilets was not removed on a daily basis. Stuff was not helpfoul with providing information on theyr services, seem like Thad did not care. Still if your young and want to party it's a good place to meet other people with similar interests. The pool was at the end of the street. The AC extremely loud, ended up with switching it off for the night.

The people staying here are what makes deejai. It is a perfect place to stay if you want camaraderie and fast friendships. It is nice being away from the chaos also.

If you are a young, single party animal then this is a great place to be. We're not really any of those and found staying here as a couple very hard. The atmosphere is pretty chilled during the day but at night expect everyone, including staff at the pool facilities down the road to be very drunk. The staff were very good and helpful, we got some very good information about tours from them. Generally ok, but my recommendation is not to get a fan room in the hot season as the rooms are hot anyway

Absolutely brilliant hostel, great staff, and awesome garden with pool and bbqs. Met some of my best friends here, and I really have the family feel and great atmosphere to thank for that.

Loved this place. We meant to stay for 2 days and instead stayed for 8. The city will suck you in at night and the pool will suck you in while you're recovering from the night. The front desk is helpful and always available. Make sure to get a room with AC. I can't believe they don't have more AC rooms but there's sometimes a struggle to get one. Would absolutely recommend this place.

• 21st Apr 2014

nice place but pretty far outside. the entire place rather reminded me of a university campus. very crowded!

Very nice common area, probably the best thing about this place next to the wonderful staff. The bunk beds sounded very squeaky and about to fall apart at anytome, but I don't think you're going to find any better at that price point. I would definitely recommend everyone to stay there at least a night or 2. Great place to meet ppl and like I said, the staff are really nice and genuine.

Pretty straightforward hostel. The staff are really friendly, the open area is a nice place to hang out and relax. One room I stayed in had no windows in the bathroom so in turn made the whole room super humid. The common bathroom wasn't cleaned too often. Garbage overflowing with used toilet paper and a dead cockroach. But the pool lounge down the road is relaxing.

A fabulous place to stay in Chang Mai. The guys are great at organizing anything you want and the pool is really chill and 1 minute walk away.

Awesome place for backpackers. Very cheap but nice rooms. One of the staff, Adam, was a great dude. For a small amount of money he drove us to Chiang Mai's Tiger Kingdom and hung around for a few hours to take us back.

• 10th Mar 2014

Fantastic would recommend. We stayed an extra night and would go back! Nice chill out bar and tree house just down the road! Great staff too! Bunk beds a tad unstable but rooms okay!!

If we are required to take off our shoes, the floors just outside of the rooms on each floor need to be mopped. My feet were always dirty so I had to take the extra time to wipe/wash them off and it tracked dirt into the room.

1 2 Next » last »